Topic Stats

• 957 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 75 days ago by Gubbin
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you prefer more instructional, or more casual game-play when watching a stream?”

• Focused Instructional - [Let us know what you're doing and why!] 100 votes
    23%
  • Casual Instructional - [Keep it fun and educational!] 296 votes
    68%
  • Casual Game-Play - [Just play the dang game!] 38 votes
    9%

(434 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7958 (resized).jpg
IMG_8636 (resized).jpg
IMG_5277 (resized).png
IMG_6171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6131 (resized).jpeg
0592D8A0-9ECA-4F30-93D1-A07DBDD80E8D (resized).jpeg
EF8ADB36-065A-402F-8455-22382A05BFE7.gif
437445e3e4c0b980eb76f549b2acfbb4--dave-grohl-limo.jpg
D3BD2666-F20A-4FF5-B10E-A09169A63A57 (resized).png
20221230_164539_resized (resized).jpg
B5F2B875-708F-4C00-A116-80C2C9D24B03 (resized).jpeg
20181111_102517 (resized).jpg
C1F5FD8A-123B-4726-B7F1-3A805A65A494 (resized).jpeg
C8F255B9-DBCE-406A-B407-04E74D5AA4EB (resized).jpeg
271952C4-EA4D-458A-852A-829992815177 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deadflip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

364 posts in this topic match your search for posts by deadflip. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Greetings Pinheads!

(It dawned on me that we don't have a "persistent" thread on here, so here we are!)

THANKS for all the support over the years, being able to turn this hobby into a career has been made possible by everyone who tunes in each night to shoot the breeze, criticize my game-play, and overall just hang out in support of each-other.

If you don't know what DeadFlip is:

DeadFlip is live Pinball show that broadcasts daily on Twitch. M-F 6PM C.
We showcase new game releases, tournaments, private collections, and locations that keep this hobby going!
DeadFlip also works closely with major manufacturers to debut their titles, and bring attention to their brands and events.
The nightly show (DeadFlip) is just the tip of the iceberg on what we do...
We also sponsor events, apps, players, charities, as well as offering our platform to help promote and signal boost groups/players, more notably the http://www.bellesandchimespinball.com/ on occasion.

We've been streaming Pinball for 6 years, been recognized by Twitch as an Ambassador for their platform, by Stern as an Ambassador for their brand, and by Twin Galaxies/Walter Day for our contribution to this hobby of ours (to name a few).

You all made this possible. Thank you again and can't wait to see you in chat!

I'll be using this space to announce upcoming broadcasts of note, and showcasing VODs.

Follow us on the some of the links below to stay up to date!

Twitter : https://twitter.com/deadflip
Facebook : https://Facebook.com/deadflip
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/deadflip
Insta: https://instagram.com/deadflip
Web: https://www.DeadFlip.com

#2 3 years ago

We recently unboxed a TMNT Pro LIVE on stream, then set up the game to play it for a couple hours.
Check it out here!

We're also playing this dang game tonight... it just flows sooooo good!

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Cool
Need to get my hands on it to see how Tronesque it feels

I remember seeing this layout early and almost crapped myself.
The whole thing came together, better than I could have hoped.
It's fricken FAAAAAAST, in a real good way.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Awesome work Always love your streams and input to the hobby!

Thanks bub! Your mods are next level! <3
All my games are loaners, otherwise I'd be drowning in mods.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

I really appreciate your casual instruction videos. I like to be able to see how a game plays and what general objectives and strategies work on games I am not familiar (or good) with. Focused instruction is great for those with a lot of time already on a particular table, but if you dive too far into the weeds on a game people aren't familiar with then a lot of eyes will start to glaze over. Good work on the videos.

Right, that's the split.
I like to keep it fun, and trick your brain into learning something. lol.

If I go off the deep-end in explaining stuff, it kills the vibe of the room.

#12 3 years ago

30+ TIMES A NIGHT! XD

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I would love to see you experiment with different streaming playfield angles.
For some reason I find it difficult to watch the overhead view, would like to see more of a slight angle towards the players view

We played with a LOT of angles early on, and top-down is just what felt right.
A more "Players-eye view" would be ideal. Lemme think on it some more.

The end-all-be-all would be like watching a Pinball FX game, without getting in the way of the player.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Love the streams Jack...
Though I prefer the ones where you get shitty on White Claws and play your Trumpet.

Well what a surprise, those are my favorite streams as well!

White Claw hangovers just hit different.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Awesome to see you'll be more active on pinside! I really enjoy your streams and videos. Congrats on all your success so far, and I look forward to seeing more future content from you!

Thanks for watching!
Happy to be here, it's long overdue!

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from mtn-:

This sounds interesting.
Tell me more about the team, please?

Separate folks for separate partnerships.
Competitive:
Emily
Dave
Brad
Nick
Gavin
Stan

Entertainment:
Jack Danger (and management/pr team)
Special guests hosts when I'm not available.

Sponsorship program being retooled and in development.
This team will be revealed in time.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Quint:

Hey Dude!
Been watching you since 2014.
Always one my first stops on the net every night.
Don't really chat anymore as it's not my thing but I'm always watching
Thanks for all the great content.

QUINT!
From the beginning, aww yeah!
Lurking is just as supportive, love ya bub!

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Watched the stream last night and really enjoyed it. Was way more lax than your regular streams. Also helps that it was Elvira and I should have my own premium delivered on Thursday. It will be my first real pin and seeing you stream it originally was a big factor in me picking it up. Turtles looks great and can’t wait to see you stream it more.

Yeah last night was pretty chill.
Also FRICKEN CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST PIN! You bought a Lyman game, it's gonna be great.
Something about EHOH is like that, the shots are just clean so you aren't stressing (or in my case yelling) as much!

My Deadheads kick-out is kinda borked, but I usually get prototypes off the line. Just needs some adjusting.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't tune in that often, tough for me to catch stuff live, but always enjoy seeing what you're up to when I do. Happy for your success man, you did the grind and you've earned all of it.

It's all good bub, not everyone has time to watch my ass play and drink! Haha
Thanks for the kind words Aurich! <3

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCanadianGuy:

Whenever I can.I like to tune in on your streams because you’re so damn funny.Looking forward to seeing more tmnt gameplay.

Yoooo thanks for watching!! Liquid courage helps with the humor for sure. haha
TMNT does not disappoint!

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Whether it’s FB, twitch or here you’re a great resource for great content (whether it’s pinball or just chatting)! Zoltar says hi!! lol.
[quoted image]

ZOLTAR SPEAKS!

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Jack, I'm sorta surprised that you don't do other manufacturers as often as stern. Ehy not more streams of willams/bally, jjp, spooky?

It's all about availability.

When we were able to leave the studio, we streamed a much bigger mixed bag.
There is also the case of quantity. Stern puts out a lot of machines.

I'm happy to stream it all, I just need to have it here in the studio at the moment!
Talking to AP about snagging a Hot wheels soon, and JJP and I have spoken about borrowing a Wonka for a bit!

Fun fact, I got started in this hobby doing work for JJP. (Wicked Witch animations, and I designed the back-end menu system they still use today!)

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I want hot jams back. dmca musics sux Jack. Boohoohoo
Otherwise love the streams and wish it would not start over here at 1.00 AM when i have to get up for work early the next day.

Yeah I'm meeeeeega bummed about this DMCA crap. hopefully it's sorted out soon!

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Jack is in the house
Love your streams....following every time Stern comes up with a new game. Thanks for your contribution.

AYYYY Darth, thanks bub!
Happy to be doing what I do, thanks for following! <3

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Jack, I used to love those streams where you'd go to an arcade and set up a rig on a location machine. Unfortunately along comes not only Covid, but DMCA, lol. Talk about a one two punch. Seems like it might be hard to stream any location that plays background music in the future.

You have no clue how big of a headache this is all about to become. The game, The environment, all DMCA fodder.
A lot of smart people are working on it, hopefully it gets figured out sooner than later!

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

There’s something to be said about this. JD, I love your streams and watch the replays on YouTube a lot so I can pause and rewind, but I find myself on my 92” projector way more than my regular 42” because the PF view is just too condensed. I know how rectangles work and the difficulties with it, but if there was a way to better crop the pertinent area, it could help those with smaller screens.
Also definitely highlight how the Amazon Prime thing works for DeadFlip. Took me like a year to link the two and I don’t even know when I watch live if it knows I’m a prime member. Much love though.

Loud and clear! I'll start messing with my cams again tomorrow morning and see what I can come up with as an experiment!

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Hey, starting watching your streams back in March. Quality stuff dude.
- sodapop

SODA! You rock, bub. Glad you found the stream, and happy to have you in chat! See you tonight?

#46 3 years ago

Going live on TMNT Pro at 6pm c.
See you there!

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

TURTLESLIVE (resized).jpgTURTLESLIVE (resized).jpg
#49 3 years ago
Quoted from OzPinSmith:

Yep, Jack rocks, keep it up DF.
PS.... Sharts is the best word ever.

Uuuuh yeah. It just rolls off the tongue. Shaarrrrrts <3
Haha love ya!

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

My teenage son and I enjoy watching your streams Jack! Very entertaining

Yooo Antron! Thanks for tuning in! Sorry for all the swearing. lol

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Jack, I usually never watch streams from anyone, I just don’t have that kind of free time. Whenever I’m scanning YouTube for videos of pins I want to buy, your lovely face is usually one of the first few hits. You are by far the most entertaining, funniest, and damn good players I’ve ever watched. On one of your SW videos you were playing the entire Blink 182 Dude Ranch album and you hooked me. Blink is my all time favorite band and the way you handled the haters that night was epic. Keep being you, never change and I’ll keep watching and supporting!

Haha I LOVE that album!!!
Thanks for watching this crap. Haha

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Love the casual instructional gameplay.
Would also like to see you play against the design and code guys, Lyman, Borg, Keith, Bowens etc.

I LOOOOOVE playing against the design/Dev team!!!
I'll try to make this happen again soon!

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

When does the merch drop? I need some new shirts.

SOON™
<3

#61 3 years ago

FRICK Turtles is so good.
I'll be taking our best game of the night and putting it on YT.
If you missed tonight's stream:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/666362652

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Always enjoy watching your content, though I will say that I am frequently unable to watch it on Twitch, but watch almost everything you move over to Youtube. So my only feedback would be to move more stuff to Youtube. Otherwise, keep doing what your doing.

I hear ya on the YT front.
I'm trying to take my best game of the night and put it up there, instead of a full 3-5 hour stream... unless you WANT the full broadcast. :O

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Please drop a warning in here before you do a Fish Tales stream.
I plan on watching that one (and counting your restarts).

Gavin is dropping off a Fish Tales soon!!

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Big fan of what you do Jack. Really liked watching the custom game development. Any more info on that? I remember reading a post saying you’d make plans for all.

Yeah! The game is... in a secret limbo atm.
The “How To” got screwed a bit because a lot of the software we used in development WAS free at the time and is no longer, so a huge chunk of our footage is bunk.
Still working on animations, but the code is done!

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Hey Jack, great job with the recent streams, they are always super entertaining.
Hate to put you on the spot, but here's the million $$ question: I have 6k burning a hole in my pocket, what do I buy? TMNT Pro or Hot Wheels??

TMNT or Hotwheels?!
Yes.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Fish Tales can be an ass kicker for sure !

That’s why I love it!!

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

deadflip I didn't get to watch all of the TMNT unboxing. Did you get a reply to your text concerning the not so smooth spinning pizza disc?

It ain’t doing it anymore, but they are looking into it. Again the games I get are usually proto or display games, my guess is my magnet was loose.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

I always thought Deadflip was Jack Dangers nickname.

You can certainly call me DeadFlip. That’s what everyone at twitch HQ, and gaming conventions calls me. <3

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Usually, the causal fun with some light instruction is nice, but I do enjoy the occasional deep dive into a particularly important part of a game. Totally see how it can kill the vibe, but when you get rolling on something that you know, it's nice to be able to understand why you're doing it.

A game where I’ll bounce in and out of casual/focused explanations is Batman 66. That game is like, Pinballs first “choose your own adventure” game. Haha

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I would like to see at the beginning of a stream a close-up overview of the shots , mechs and features of the game . Some people haven't seen the game in real life and it can be hard to tell what's going on with the above view even on a big TV .

I think that’s fair, and something that could easily be done the first 5 minutes of the stream!

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I can understand it would be a pain in the ass to move a camera but I think it would be really good , to have a good look at a machine , before you go start a game . So you can better understand what's going on .

I have a free-roaming camera hooked up at all times so that’s no change to the setup!

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Just checking in to second what thecanadianguy said.
Kidding aside, love the stream, I never really Twitch’d before finding your show, thanks for doing what you do!

I mean... my mom says I’m handsome.

Thanks for watching when you can! \o/

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I noticed that flow in your stream last night and was like "WOW". Looks fun as hell. It's gonna end up on my must buy list. I've told you before you need a commission on games sold due to appearing fun AF in your streams .

Haha I'd love a commission, but that would for sure sway what I say about games.
I'm good just playing them.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Jack - I like your page that shows your streaming equipment. Is it still up to date or have you refreshed a lot of your hardware?
Been a supporter on and off for a while, tough to find the time to tune in live sadly.

I FOR SURE need to update it with my current setup.
Thanks for the reminder!

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Best menu system out there! Thank you

<3 <3 <3

#97 3 years ago

Any teasers from that deeproot phone call?

I sure hope Deep Root wants to make some magic together soon!

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Wow, I never would have guessed that was your pinball origin story!
Were you into pinball before this?
Thank's for all the entertainment and positivity over the years. And thank you for helping make that menu system. It set such a standard that I had assumed other players would have caught up in a few years. When I am wrong, I am wrong I guess (I have not seen all the other manufacturers, but if someone is saying it is still the best in the business I believe them!).

When I got into pinball (roughly 8 years ago) I dove in head first trying to do anything I could in the hobby.
I owned an animation studio at the time in the west loop of Chicago, and got connected with JJP for their debut game!
We also were in the first few meetings for (what became) Dialed in.

50670663_1268974526583697_4264835858445631488_n (resized).jpg50670663_1268974526583697_4264835858445631488_n (resized).jpg
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Can we get an option for more “My Dick” songs?

Actually the best band, and possibly the only music we can play on stream anymore.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

XMN.pro or TMNT.pro. Regarding playfield flow, which one is the faster Borg design in your view. Thanks.

SADLY I have very little time on Xmen.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

Understood.
XMN is a gem. Thanks for the honesty and keep doing what you do.
(QUICK, Get Jack an XMN pinside…)

I'm WOEFULLY vacant of Stern DMD games.

#106 3 years ago

Playing the new Stranger Things code tonight.
6pm C.
http://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

I'll be playing TMNT again tomorrow

105705779_10158671012454244_368787989670826050_o (resized).jpg105705779_10158671012454244_368787989670826050_o (resized).jpg
#112 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Oh.... dammit

HAHAHA

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Stoked to see ya here Jack! You're one of pinballs favorite sons for sure! Your Iron Maiden stream will always be my favorite. Not sure you realize how absolutely freakin pumped you got everyone after that stream. A few months where we all held hands and sang kumbya. Ahh..the good ole days...
GREAT to see ya mar dude!

Awww yeah, thanks for the kind words bub!
That Maiden stream was a blast for sure!! <3 <3

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nice deadflip in da house......
But what did you do to offend potgar96 lol?[quoted image]

Glad to be here!
I messaged them to see if we're good.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Pretty sure it’s because of that. I remember that tweet well.
[quoted image]

OMG!!!
That’s right! NVM.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Regarding the poll, I think some in depth tutorials w/ some Jack Danger personality would be very appealing. More for YouTube format rather than live a la Bowen’s PAPA’s vids. I’d sub that.

I DO want to start generating more YouTube exclusive content.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Love your streams, thanks for what you do and helping bring Pinball to the masses! Glad to see you more active on pinside, we need more positive forces here.

Lermods!!
Thanks, stoked to finally be more active on here.
BTW I fricken love the work you do!

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Bowen's "how to" videos are some of my favorites. I'd love to see you do something similar.

Let's just get Bowen back out here for some tag-team tuts.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

We played with a LOT of angles early on, and top-down is just what felt right.
A more "Players-eye view" would be ideal. Lemme think on it some more.
The end-all-be-all would be like watching a Pinball FX game, without getting in the way of the player.

To revisit this, i wanted to show you an example.
This video about how I helped set up the Surrogate remote Batman machine, demonstrates the perfect camera angle people want for a stream (myself included), and also why it doesn't work with an actual person playing.
I'll still try to work something out, but this is a great visual aid.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Quint:

Watching the Stranger Things replay this morning.
Did you have to make any tweaks to the Demigorgon? Looks like you were able to nail the headshot pretty regularly.

Apparently there are a couple solutions, but this is a whole new playfield. Ours was previously a prototype.
I think you can adjust the ramp to make the shot cleaner to the demi.

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from Grossp59:

This!
I’ve been going back and watching Bowen’s vids, wishing there were more of these on the newer sterns.
Love what you do Jack, keep it up!

Let's make it happen!

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

hey Jack, a belated welcome to your own Pinside thread .

Thanks Frolic! <3

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Sharing my 2 cents as you've opened this thread to get feedbacks.
Used to follow you, stopped.
Why?
- first of all I am getting tired of seeing almost all previews go to the same guy. I'd like the load to be more evenly spread within the youtubers for fairness (no I am not a youtuber or affiliated to any). Might be the only one thinking so in the world, I know
- too much speaking and answering guys chatting online, too much "emotions" (What I mean by that is that you react too much for my tastes)
I do know this is my vision and others will be at the eaxct opposite but when I watch some pinball play on the net it's either competitions, or cause I want to learn/discover.
Bowen's tutorials are in my mind the pinnacle of pinball videos, extremely instructive, focused, no show or anything.
And yes I know that others will say that my vision of how a pinball show should be is boring
Just sharing my thoughts and now I'll be on my way

I hear ya, and thanks for the feedback.
My show is definitely more "entertainment" than "educational", but that's not to say it isn't educational at all.
I just have a different approach to showing stuff off. I'd rather it be fun and light-hearted than super serious.
There are plenty of folks out there now streaming pinball, and recording videos with their own takes!
The most serious I get is on reveals. I just sit back, man the broadcast, and let the designers and programmers show off their creations.
<3

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Did your pinball machine build get finished? Weren't you going to do a video?
Im not able to catch your live streaming on Twitch, so if it's there, I haven't seen it. I watch your stuff on YouTube

Layout is finished and code is complete! (huge shout out to mission pinball, multimorphic, and stern)
The game just needs animations and art... that being said, the game is in a... secret limbo at the moment.

Got to http://www.pinballmakers.com in the meantime if you're looking for guidance on building a pin. My "how-to" video hit a few snags I'm trying to remedy.

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I'm with Skink.
...I would include the whole Buffalo Crew in there with RudySoup.
They have brought a ton of content during the shutdown. Karl, too.

There are so many great streamers doing the dang thing these days. Love it!

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

And you'll notice that I did not say it was not
As you say, it's done differently and as almost all the others (that I know) are on a hiatus right now (even Papa tv ) then I only have you to poke at

Poke away! HAHA <3
Come hang out tonight, we're playing TMNT again!

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

This thread was started by Deadflip and got 77 upvotes and 1 downvote.
Did someone downvote the thread just to be different, to stand out, or a protester? LOL
Thanks to Deadflip for dedicating every single day to help promote pinball. I’ve watched 4 nights in a row.
I’m looking for to a Guns N Roses stream.

Appreciate the support, and thanks for tuning in dude!

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

In my defense : I didn't realize Downvoting was an option!?

Haha HOW DARE YOU

#146 3 years ago

Playing the new TMNT Pinball tonight! Again!
6pm C.

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

What's your single player high score around?
Break 100 million yet?

I think I've only hit over 100 once solo. I'm more interested in progression than points. I like seeing the end of games!

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Where you been Jackson?
About f ing time. Lol

Iceman! What’s up bub!
Took me long enough, eh? Haha

#151 3 years ago

Tap Tap Tap it in!
https://www.facebook.com/DeadFlip/videos/634958733773452/

I absolutely suck at under flipper shots on ALL games.

#152 3 years ago

Side note, I've been giving a quick machine rundown before each stream, to let people know what they should be looking out for.
Appreciate the comment!

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Great to see you opened this tread I enjoy your broadcasts.I have just started in this great sport earlier in the year and have purchased 2 machines since April.I have 2 great kids 11 and 12 and We are having a blast together instead of being spread all over the house.I was wondering if anything has been floated around about a kids stream with kids hosts to more get in tune with the young generation that we will need to keep this jet flying! I appreciate you listening and keep up the great work !!

Thanks for watching!
I think this is a great idea to have a pinball kids show, but it can't live on Twitch. The minimum age on Twitch is 13.
I'd recommend Facebook Gaming! There is a much larger audience on there for people to casually discover you too!

EDIT Turns out FB Gaming's minimum age is also 13. hmm

Perhaps pre-recorded for Youtube?

#157 3 years ago

The Co-op mode in TMNT is a fricken blast.
Here was one from last night!

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Word. I feel like I could grab a beer with Jack and talk his ear off like he was my bestie.

Ayyy when this covid crap lets up, let’s make this happen! ❤️

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

[quoted image]

I fricken wish!

#165 3 years ago

Why the heck are old 80’s-90’s coin pushers so fricken expensive?!?!
I wanna stream/own one!

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

hi Jack... i suppose they (your french friends) already send you this :
[quoted image]
very great game yesterday
if not, and/or for those who wanna see, enjoy :

Absolutely! They sent me this shortly after they crushed it!

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Hey jack, what are you streaming tonight? Been a while since I watched your stream...looking forward to tonight, whatever you're doing

I honestly have no clue what I'm streaming until about an hour before I go live. Haha
I'm having trouble not streaming TMNT over and over... maybe Deadpool if I feel like not doing TMNT. <3 <3

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

Been catching your streams adhocly and really enjoying them -- thanks for the content and hope it continues.

Ayyyy Thanks for watching!
Trying to add some morning streams as well, but playing NON pinball related content, to trick new viewers into the hot pinball action in the afternoon!

#174 3 years ago

DEADPOOL Pinball tonight!

DP (resized).jpgDP (resized).jpg
#176 3 years ago
Quoted from kh39540:

But with a coin pusher?

I FRICKEN WISH!

#180 3 years ago

Jamming on one of my favorites tonight, Batman 66!
6pm. C.

Batman (resized).jpgBatman (resized).jpg
#183 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Do Gold Wings next.
Gold Wings, Gold Wings, Gold Wings
woot woot woot!

The upper flipper needs a rebuild. It works, but wont make the loop-de-loop

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Jack, a suggestion :
we have now (since few days) a very good game on OF available on YT (tanx to Ross), but that's only 1 !
in this stream, there's no explanation of the game, gimmicks, rules, code & tactics (which is great with the STEINs)...
that would be really nice if you can do this, as Oktoberfest is really a good/nice/clever pinball
tanx

I'd love to do a deep-dive on OF. I'd have to reach out to American to gain access to one!

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

We need to get you up here into the UP Pinball Collective to stream some Undertale sometime!

ONE B I L L I O N PERCENT YES!

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Enjoyed the stream last night. Keep up the great content!

Thanks for tuning in!!!

#193 3 years ago

Batman last night was a MASSIVE jerk to us.
Still had a somewhat decent 4.1 Bil game on it!

#194 3 years ago

If you missed last night's stream, we designed a SWEET (pun intended) layout for a "Monster Cereal" pinball machine.
No VOD or CLIPS exist, so you kinda had to be there.
Imagine "Rock", meets "Bounty Hunter", meets "Diner", meets "Safe Cracker". Haha

Big-G-Creative-Retro-Monster-Cereals-Game-Look (resized).jpgBig-G-Creative-Retro-Monster-Cereals-Game-Look (resized).jpgmonster-cereals-card-game (resized).pngmonster-cereals-card-game (resized).png

#196 3 years ago

Tonight, our friends Rebecca and Anna (Local Chicago Belles) will be taking over Dead Flip for the night, streaming their first games on TMNT from our studio!
Tune in and cheer them on!
6:30 PM
Twitch.tv/deadflip

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
#197 3 years ago

Rebecca and Anna killed it last night!
Make sure to go follow them on their Pinball channel https://www.twitch.tv/hotnudge
Rebecca has done plenty of streaming for us in the past, and she's entertaining as hell!

https://clips.twitch.tv/BombasticGloriousHamsterSmoocherZ

#199 3 years ago
cakememe (resized).jpgcakememe (resized).jpg
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ohio finally made it to space?

They have their own space program OBVIOUSLY!

#204 3 years ago

I’m out of the loop and had to look this meme up. Went down a rabbit hole of YouTube videos and I don’t know what is real anymore.

Haha frick, sorry.

#205 3 years ago

Spent tonight's stream setting up VPX on my computer... LIVE!
WHEW... that was... a lot.
But now, if we're so inclined, we can stream any pin that we don't have access to, or people's original creations!

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from drgary:

Where can we find this video?

Some copyrighted content popped up so it had to be deleted.

#212 3 years ago

I forget how fricken good this game is.

I'm an idiot, I thought this was about the virtual pinball stream. <3

#214 3 years ago

Here was one of best games of the night on Jurassic Park's new 1.02 code!
Shout out to Raymond Davidson for hanging out in chat. (Stern's new software engineer)

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Watching you “defy gravity” was the first time I laughed out loud haha.

I LEGIT thought I was gonna nail that. hahaha

#218 3 years ago

Playing the new 0.97 Stranger Things Prem code tonight.
2 new wizard modes?!

6PM C.
https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

ST (resized).jpgST (resized).jpg
#223 3 years ago

FRIIIIICK!
We were ONE FRICKEN DEMIGORGAN away from FINAL SHOWDOWN!

#225 3 years ago

Here is why we didn't get the "Final Showdown" end game wizard mode last night.
Even the GAME knew it screwed me!

https://www.facebook.com/DeadFlip/posts/1732139113600567

#228 3 years ago

Here was our best game of the night, showing a LOT.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

That stream was a lot of fun. You fought back hard against the machine dude. So ... many ... saves.

Yeah I feel like I'm always slapping that game LOL

#230 3 years ago

If we could have two of the following to stream for a while, which should we choose? (And possibly a third)

Junkyard
Abra Ca Dabra
Elektra
Flight 2000
Contact
Heavy Metal Meltdown
Gorgar
Bone Busters
Atarians
Lazer Ball
Faces
Firepower
Dolly Parton
Meteor
Time Warp
Strange World
Professional Pinball (Bally)
Wild Fyre
Big Game
Buccaneer (Gottlieb)
Big Hit (Gottlieb)
Jack's Open
Target Alpha
Slick Chick
Rock
Pac-Man Pinball
Space Station
The Simpsons (Data East)
Space Riders (Atari)
Demolition Man
Johnny Mnemonic
Fireball
Lost World
Superman (Atari)
Gilligan's Island
Galaxy
Action Baseball (Williams)
Last Action Hero
Now
Strange Science
High Speed
Bad Cats
Flash Gordon
Roller Disco

#242 3 years ago

This is an impossible tasking picking two (or three) from this list. Haha

#249 3 years ago

So I'm gonna take the top 5-8 mentioned here/facebook, and pull names out of a hat per chuckwurt 's recco.
I certainly can't decide for myself lol

#251 3 years ago

We managed to pull 3 bill out of Deadpool, all the while fumbling some of the multiballs.

#252 3 years ago

We played one of our games last night, choosing modes at random... and still managed to "Save Zandar"! <3

#254 3 years ago

Star Wars Home Model (Pin) is surprisingly flowy.

#255 3 years ago

This was a previous GC before I reset the scores.
(I don’t put my own name in for GC’s. I give them to viewers)

EeBMmiA- (resized).jpgEeBMmiA- (resized).jpg
#261 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Lol,
Still loved your backdoor game all night. That was some great score with awesome saves

A LOT of backdoors last night.

#263 3 years ago

Elvira's House Of Horrors New Code SPOILERS!
(Huge game)

#264 3 years ago

Tonight we'll be jammin' on TMNT's new 1.10 code on behalf of Stern Pinball and Nuclear Blast for ComiCon's virtual convention!

See you there... We have some TMNT PRO Translites to giveaway!

We go live at 6pm C.!
https://www.Twitch.tv/DeadFlip

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I missed it, but will watch the replay. My LE doesn't arrive until next tuesday, but at least I am on holidays now
Rob

Man I love this game. It absolutely kicked my a$$ last night, but we managed to pull out one amazing game!

#269 3 years ago

Best game of the night!

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Stream was hilarious tonight. Jack really lost it several times Made my day.

I have gambling problem apparently. Haha

#272 3 years ago

Tonight we’re going to play a “Transporter The Rescue” of unknown condition.

We know it turns on and flips, that’s good enough for me.
6PM C.
Pinball #deadflip #retrogaming

38AA6B15-EF39-44DE-8856-89C1B33175BA (resized).jpeg38AA6B15-EF39-44DE-8856-89C1B33175BA (resized).jpeg4F06264B-A375-40DB-95E8-136441B3FDC6 (resized).jpeg4F06264B-A375-40DB-95E8-136441B3FDC6 (resized).jpegE14E5413-271F-48B9-84C3-9512CD7E8865 (resized).jpegE14E5413-271F-48B9-84C3-9512CD7E8865 (resized).jpeg

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

haha ! nice
as said on FB, you have 14M to beat, factory settings, and no death save for me lol
good luck

Challenge accepted!

#277 3 years ago

We got 4 new (older) pinball machines to set up!
I decided to upload this whole broadcast, so you can watch as we set up several new (older) pins, test them, and even stream one of them!

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Wasn't able to tune in last night - How did transporter play?

It played great until one of the drops stopped registering, completely destroying any chance of multiball.
I'll get gavin over to work on all these soon!

#282 3 years ago

Tonight we’re going to play a “Jungle Lord” of unknown condition.

6PM C.
http://Twitch.tv/DeadFlip

#pinball #deadflip #retrogaming #twitch

EeGnOIWWsAMA4P_ (resized).jpgEeGnOIWWsAMA4P_ (resized).jpgEeGnOIWWkAAdihz (resized).jpgEeGnOIWWkAAdihz (resized).jpgEeGnOItWkAAz5QQ (resized).jpgEeGnOItWkAAz5QQ (resized).jpgEeGnOI4XYAMNEJt (resized).jpgEeGnOI4XYAMNEJt (resized).jpg
#287 3 years ago

I came for Jungle Lord but stayed for the camera craziness and hand injuries.

Hahaha.
I’m always looking for something else to add to the stream.
We showed about ever dang camera angle that CANT work last night.

#288 3 years ago

Thanks again to the folks at California Extreme and Zen Studios for allowing me to moderate their seminar, and allow me to chat about my homebrew.

Here is my talk, it's only 15 minutes, but lit a fire under my butt to finish my doc. Lets gooooo.

#290 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Is gavin going to come by anytime soon?

Yeah, gonna have him in soon to look at a few pins

#291 3 years ago

It's been a minute since we visited the park.
We go live at 6pm C.!

JP (resized).jpgJP (resized).jpg
#293 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

No stream tonight, I guess?

The storm tore though Chicago knocking out power and internet.

#294 3 years ago

Heya Pinheads, I made something for ya.

This is a "Pinball Sketch Template", and I use something very similar when I'm brainstorming pins.

This is a layered PSD with all the elements you need to lay a game out, roughly sketched, but accurate enough to keep the sketch close to the real thing.

I also included several popular title's layouts that you can turn on and off for shot reference. (All taken from their manuals)

Don't worry if you don't have Photoshop, there are a ton of free programs out there that can open and edit PSDs!
GIMP for example.

Here is the file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmv77kh8ks49src/PINBALLSKETCHTEMPLATE.psd?dl=0

Now go make something rad!

*This is for sketching purposes only, when you're ready to move past this stage into CAD, you'll have a rough sketch to work from!
*Stern play-field, but the difference in Stern vs Williams play-field sizes is a non issue at this phase being such a small one.

Screenshot (131) (resized).pngScreenshot (131) (resized).pngScreenshot (132) (resized).pngScreenshot (132) (resized).pngScreenshot (133) (resized).pngScreenshot (133) (resized).png
#297 3 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Cool, thanks jack!
Now make us a fusion 360 version with accurate 3d models of all the parts in it

I mean... I'd love that as well. lol

#299 3 years ago

Loved the Friday stream. I will always remember the random trumpet solo in dark silhouette.

Haha oh god.

#301 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Is there a central repository for 3d models of pinball parts? I've done some things in solidworks, but it would be nice have a central database to share with. I could spend some time modeling complete stern mechs with a little bit of prodding.

Http://www.pinballMakers.com
Scroll down to files section

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Is there a central repository for 3d models of pinball parts? I've done some things in solidworks, but it would be nice have a central database to share with. I could spend some time modeling complete stern mechs with a little bit of prodding.

I would certainly be in the market for complete stern mech models. :O

#307 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Stern waited for his internet to return to drop new sth code for his stream lol.

Haha this MIGHT be true.

#308 3 years ago

We managed to play every dang mode in this game, and cracked 2 billion last night!

#310 3 years ago

When are we seeing you play new Elvira code?

RIGHT NOW!

#312 3 years ago

EDIT:
Jumped the gun, not TMNT tonight.
We'll do something Rad... but what? :O

#315 3 years ago

I loved how it turned into a He-man pinball brainstorm session.

Power rangers and Beetlejuice too! Let's get crackin!

#316 3 years ago

Here is the MONSTER game of Riverboat Gambler we played the other night.
Nailed 5 MAXED OUT Jackpots!

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I might have to watch that Riverboat clip while listening to some Kenny Rogers.

Haha yeah. We needed ANYTHING but the original tunes. After 2 hours, I wanted to rip my ears off.

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Motorcycle stream soon?

Tomorrow pending weather!

#321 3 years ago

Deadpool doing all the things.
2 Billion and such.

#322 3 years ago

Motorcycle stream planned for noon today MIGHT be canceled.
Have to wait for a package to arrive at the studio. Stay tuned.

#324 3 years ago

Pinball, am I right?!

39557550_10156654257316913_8976421235630014464_n (resized).jpg39557550_10156654257316913_8976421235630014464_n (resized).jpg
#325 3 years ago

I’m fricken IN LOVE with some of these old wood rails’ geometry.
Not my game just admiring.

23A1C1FA-3427-4538-8D3C-3C082A9A1C50 (resized).jpeg23A1C1FA-3427-4538-8D3C-3C082A9A1C50 (resized).jpeg
#327 3 years ago
Quoted from Wanimal:

Giving you some ideas?

Too many.
Wacky ball pathing is so fricken rad.
Deadpool being the most recent, but games like “Spring Break” have some sexy geometry.

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from djd9617:

Giving you some ideas?

As in, you thinking about making another custom pin!?

I LOVE anything that can speed up a ball like that!

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Jack,
Are you seeing any changes in traffic and/or your streaming crowd when doing the just chatting vs pinball category?

I usually start my stream under “just chatting” then bounce between it and “pinball” through the night.

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Hey Jack, I catch your stream from time to time. Great stuff! I will just give you my opinion when streaming on twitch. Sometimes you play music instead of letting the people tuning in hear the pin music. I do know that most pins after owning them for a while the music gets repetitive and uninteresting BC you know whats going on. This is all well and good when you got your buds over. I think on Twitch you should have the game music so people can get a good understanding of the game play and follow along. It may be like nails on a chalk board for you after 1h but I think for newer viewers (which i know you have a decent amount of and they are not on pinside) they would much rather hear the pin your playing bc most of them have never seen it. I could be wrong. I just want to see you stream get better and better my man.

Aye thanks for the input dude!
I (usually) stream a pin for the first hour or two WITH the game audio, then switch to music. Mix it up a bit for those that stay in chat the whole broadcast.
Just tune in more often dangit and you’ll hear the game sounds. ❤️

#334 3 years ago

Stay tuned.

CCE6FAAC-60A6-484D-AC00-0E038FBAB6B8 (resized).jpegCCE6FAAC-60A6-484D-AC00-0E038FBAB6B8 (resized).jpeg
#335 3 years ago

For anyone curious, the code in it was Spider-man, and the play-field is a blank like the one shown in the picture.
I'll talk more about this on the show tonight.

#336 3 years ago

ICYMI George Gomez gifted me his personal SAM prototyping cabinet for... reasons. The stories this thing could probably tell.
This rig will allow me to prototype faster for a stern-based system without node boards getting in the way.
The DMD doesn’t work (think it broke loading it in the truck) so I’m just using a DMD extender and a monitor.

7251402C-57E8-45AC-8D3E-0D1F880EBEDA.jpeg7251402C-57E8-45AC-8D3E-0D1F880EBEDA.jpeg292E1A38-0C1B-4F74-B427-98B1C53C17F4.jpeg292E1A38-0C1B-4F74-B427-98B1C53C17F4.jpeg7D12593F-D755-4924-8A6A-1E5282819CCB.jpeg7D12593F-D755-4924-8A6A-1E5282819CCB.jpeg

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

How are the dimples?

They’re adorable!

#342 3 years ago

Fricken Dave.

#344 3 years ago

Jammin' on some Turts Tonight.
AC is broken until tomorrow, so this might suck.
6PM C.

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

I've seen you dance drunk slinging an LED lamp around your head for two hours on stream. I'd say you'll find a way to make it work.

My Kids: "Mom, what does dad do at work?"
My Wife:

df4c6a2521ab7fd53cbfe309e30b0d5d139e2ac0 (resized).jpgdf4c6a2521ab7fd53cbfe309e30b0d5d139e2ac0 (resized).jpg
#349 3 years ago

Here is a super quick tutorial on how I shoot the "LAIR" shot on TMNT successfully.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SweetGlamorousAlpacaBudBlast

#350 3 years ago

What's the record for "Most Stuck Balls"?
https://clips.twitch.tv/BoldTangibleSkirretNononoCat

#352 3 years ago

We only played 2 full games of Batman 66 last night.
Our first game was 150 million.
Our second (and last) game was 73 billion.
Here is the 2-minute long newspaper spin from that game.
(The full game will be on Youtube shortly)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/724161800

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Your clips are killing me!!
Hilarious

#355 3 years ago

Here's the full "73 Billion" game!

#357 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

how about HW ?

Hotwheels is gonna be getting some stream love this week. Just got it!

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

What was wrong with it last night, by the way?

It was fused for overseas. Proper fuse is already at the studio.

#362 3 years ago

Correct fuse arrived. We’re up and running.

6ACD07B3-5D41-4618-9CB5-767E900E716A.jpeg6ACD07B3-5D41-4618-9CB5-767E900E716A.jpeg
#363 3 years ago

Here is the delivery and setup of Hot Wheels Pinball, a few days ago!

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

That's what Jack sees in the mirror.
He needs glasses, btw.

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

That's his stunt double.

MUCH needed.

#370 3 years ago

What is your favorite EM to play?
What is the most interesting looking EM?
I’ll start.

Grand Prix to play. (Duh)

Nine Sisters looks wild.
(Yes, that’s a one flipper game with a spiral ramp from 1953!!!!!)

E19B2E81-702C-487C-BAD6-80CE60078107.jpegE19B2E81-702C-487C-BAD6-80CE60078107.jpegF92D910B-B4EF-48B8-AF2D-70D8FFC6103B.jpegF92D910B-B4EF-48B8-AF2D-70D8FFC6103B.jpeg
#371 3 years ago

Oh hello beautiful.

168272B3-5917-4587-B5F0-545AAEE1E8D5 (resized).jpeg168272B3-5917-4587-B5F0-545AAEE1E8D5 (resized).jpeg417480B0-20A6-43D9-9F01-26304A5564CD (resized).jpeg417480B0-20A6-43D9-9F01-26304A5564CD (resized).jpeg82387851-C3B6-42FC-8A46-316E6FF5032B (resized).jpeg82387851-C3B6-42FC-8A46-316E6FF5032B (resized).jpegB8519EA9-CBC4-48BA-940D-EB46F58EF23E (resized).jpegB8519EA9-CBC4-48BA-940D-EB46F58EF23E (resized).jpeg
#375 3 years ago

Going Live in 5 Minutes to breakdown the trailer for Stern Pinball "The Avengers Infinity Quest" Pinball!
Twitch.tv/deadflip

#377 3 years ago

Here is our breakdown of Stern's newest title, The Avengers Infinity Quest!
We go over the trailer, accessories, feature matirx, and when the game will be shown!

Twitch Link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/729079244

Youtube link:

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

My favorite EM might be Old Chicago. Interesting bottom, bonus collect shot, a fun spinner shot that feeds the saucer in the back right corner, and some drop targets for good measure. Honorable mentions to Williams Lady Luck for the rules (strategic draining!) and Fire Queen for the drop target angles.
Some of the Sega of Japan EM games did some weird stuff (and a lot of seemingly random placement of things). Besides weird slings and pop mechs, Galaxy has a primitive version of the mist MB from BSD, Surfing has a cool saucer to wireform to an area with random magnet action, and Sapporo has a neat little user controlled diverter mech that works as a ski ramp.

LOVE Old Chicago!!

#380 3 years ago

Schedule.
I'll be broadcasting/hosting both of these, but one will be shown on the Marvel twitch channel. <3

Watson-Prem-LE-ANNOUNCEMENT (resized).jpgWatson-Prem-LE-ANNOUNCEMENT (resized).jpgWatson-Pro-ANNOUNCEMENT (resized).jpgWatson-Pro-ANNOUNCEMENT (resized).jpg
#381 3 years ago

I went to Stern today to bother people, and helped move some books for the crew to sign.
THESE THINGS ARE PURRRRRDY!

118639686_1776046162543195_3174901854338423378_o (resized).jpg118639686_1776046162543195_3174901854338423378_o (resized).jpg118718014_1776046215876523_4912325003981018075_o (resized).jpg118718014_1776046215876523_4912325003981018075_o (resized).jpg118766539_1776046255876519_8409253526372340866_o (resized).jpg118766539_1776046255876519_8409253526372340866_o (resized).jpg
#382 3 years ago

Gonna be late to stream tonight.
Been a VERY busy day, and I'm just now catching up.
Hold tight, Internet.
I'll keep you updated <3

#385 3 years ago

AVENGERS TONIGHT!!!
5pm C.
Https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#391 3 years ago

More Avengers this week?
You know it!
Also recording a physical shot/rule walk-through and my first takes for the YouTubes as well.
No "unboxing" video, since we're getting Keith's personal test machine. :O

#395 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Is this in response to Cary Hardy's latest video? Maybe he will stay awake this time. LOL.
Anyway, you both do an excellent job. Greatly appreciate the effort you both put into your content. Thanks!

No response to anything but my excitement to already have this damn game in my studio! Haha

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Your Marvel stream was fun as heck.

Mar Dude!

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Any idea on the when(s) yet?

We're Locked in for Wednesday Front Page.
MIGHT do a stream tomorrow just to be brushed up on the rules.

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m torn maybe this will help me decide .Keep IMDN or go with AIQ.I still blow at pinball havnt got to the beast yet (damn you right ramp)that might be what’s holding me back .

You can't sell a game until you beat it!
Honestly if a shot is causing you trouble, change how you look at it.
Use art on the playfield instead, and aim at that. I P R O M I S E it will help improve your shot making.

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I love this. Great advice Jack. Do you recommend finding and targeting artwork close to the flipper so that your eye stays on the ball as its traveling down? Or what is your technique?

This also changes. Some games I use art AT the flipper, most games I use art halfway up the playfield.

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Stay frosty
[quoted image]

When I star wearing vests over flannel, you have full permission to flame me. HAHA

#411 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Is that Flannel or Gingham?

Thank GOD I don't know the difference.

#413 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

question, do you think being great at pinball is innate or more due to practice?

I'll say this. I've legit had newbies kick my butt because they are just flailing and I'm aiming for dangerous stuff.
Some people just "Have it" no doubt, but practice takes you past the level of "beginners luck".

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Dead Flip = Happy Internet.

<3

#419 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Hey Jack
Thanks for all that you do for the pinball community. I’ve really been enjoying catching up on a lot of your recent game streams. Which actually got me thinking of a question. Have you ever done a top ten game list? I’ve mostly always owned games from the 80s-90s, but am currently debating buying my first new/newer pin. I’d love to hear how you personally rank your top favorites. With that being said, I completely understand if that’s something you’ve kind of shied away from, as you don’t want to appear as favouring certain game developers over others.

I'd LOVE to do a top ten, but there are a few issues I keep coming across.
#1: My favorite game changes a LOT. haha (Right now its been a fight between Deadpool and Batman 66)
#2: There are still sooo many games I haven't played. The second I'd post that video, people would bombard me with titles I've never seen, and I'd have to make a new vid immediately.

#420 3 years ago

Our Avengers is currently on it's way here this morning!

#423 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was going to ask about your pin ratings. Was curious how your feeling is about R&M which I'm getting next month.
I played R&M and was super fun code, callouts but the shots were not super smooth, how do you feel about the layout/shots on R&M?
I think the shots are (not the best) but that's the way I feel like about BM66 and to be honest TWD but those are not the smoothest but both great.

Challenging geometry MAKES a game for me.
For instance, I L O V E Ghostbusters for its flipper gap.
If a game is hard because of code, there's nothing you can do about it.
If a game is hard because of the shots, you can learn to "Play Better"!

#426 3 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Where is the VOD stream of the Marvel / Deadflip stream? I'm interested in watching it again and can't find it. Thanks

Should be on marvels page. Twitch.tv/marvel

#429 3 years ago

I also animated a bunch of flipper skills, for quick reference!
https://www.deadflip.com/tutorials

#432 3 years ago

Tune in tonight as we say good bye tow two machines, and welcome one new addition.
Gavin is arriving just as the stream is starting to breakdown BKSOR and Munsters, and dropping off Keith's personal Avengers Infinity Quest (LE/PREM).
I'll get into the game once Gavin says adios!
6pm C.
Twitch.tv/deadflip

#433 3 years ago

MORE AVENGERS TONIGHT!
Front page, so hop in the pit and lets go!

#439 3 years ago

I meaaaaaaan.....

1 week later
#440 3 years ago

TONGIHT!

120015299_10158890510034244_9171812454335590284_o (resized).jpg120015299_10158890510034244_9171812454335590284_o (resized).jpg
#442 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

@ Jack : not sure you get this answer too, but asking on the HW streams about which pin(s) detect you've done a death save, LAST ACTION HERO is also on the list

OH?
I'll have to check that out!

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks Jack ,I’ve been playing the last dozen or so games just shooting picking different spots on the artwork .Its really working well ! Previous high score was 550 .I’m going to keep at it then start slowing the ball down and play the code .Its starting to come together your tips n streams help a ton ! Keep up the great work brother I’ll be watching
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yoooo nice work!!

1 week later
#445 3 years ago

Did ya'll check out the video I did with Gomez explaining the Spike 2 system?!
I love this nerd sh*t!

#452 3 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

tune in and watch the sick death saves to Whitney Houston.

HAHA!
RECLAIM!
Thanks so much for the kind words mar dude! Stoked to have you as part of the community, and can't thank you enough for the support and just hanging out!
Big things on the horizon, so you found us just in time! <3

#453 3 years ago

Our pals overseas, RB FLIP FRANCE (AKA DEADFLIP FRANCE ) will be streaming GNR on Facebook Thursday or Friday.
Mostly in French, so... you know.. go learn French, or just enjoy the sexy accents.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=381581069678885

GNR56 (resized).jpgGNR56 (resized).jpg
#454 3 years ago

I'll also be showing a quick look at the gameplay on Heavy Metal on Thursday.
Should be a fairly short broadcast, then we'll head back to HQ here to maybe do more design stream stuff!

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg
#455 3 years ago

Thanks for hanging out last night. It was a quick one, but fun non the less!
If ya missed the Heavy Metal stream, here it is!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/764648372

#458 3 years ago

Speaking with George Gomez about the upcoming series.
I wanted to put out a "how to build a pinball machine" video, but how much better would it be to have GEORGE tell you what's up?!
Exactly.
Stay tuned, we got a lot of rad stuff coming!

Layout (resized).jpgLayout (resized).jpg
#461 3 years ago

The randomly generated, based on how you played, movie trailer feature... is awesome! Haha
I had a movie called “I Eat Your Shoulder” on a high-score game as well.

https://clips.twitch.tv/MotionlessWiseOcelotAMPEnergy

#463 3 years ago

Twitch just issued a MASSIVE amount of DMCA's today.
(Thankfully this was a first offence so we got a warning.)
TONS of streamers hit... (Go look at Twitter, yikes.)
So we will be nuking ALL recoded content and clips.
Thanks to antiquated turd laws. ❤

121981467_1820506674763810_4980546816126357870_n (resized).png121981467_1820506674763810_4980546816126357870_n (resized).png
#466 3 years ago

This sucks. Will you still be able to upload recorded content elsewhere?

I'll start recording local and uploading to youtube.

#468 3 years ago

Oh yeah!
Stern Pinball Virtual Experience w. Jack Danger - 2020 Factory Tour!

#470 3 years ago

Jamming on the new code tonight!
6pm C.
Twitch.tv/DeadFlip

STERNCALENDAR (resized).jpgSTERNCALENDAR (resized).jpg
#471 3 years ago

Help me bring the joy of pinball to children in need with this Project Pinball Charity fundraiser supported by Zen Studios!

Tune in tomorrow, 4pm - 6pm for some Pinball FX3, and I'll be giving away some keys!

Donate To Kids!

STREAM: Twitch.tv/Deadflip
DONATION LINK: "https://tiltify.com/@deadflip/donatetokids"

project-pinball_forthejoyofpinball_fundraiser (4) (resized).pngproject-pinball_forthejoyofpinball_fundraiser (4) (resized).png

#472 3 years ago

Double points.
Double damage.
3X playfield.
One-shot Mystique.
190 mil?!

https://clips.twitch.tv/ExcitedTolerantScallionKlappa

1 week later
#477 3 years ago
Quoted from dferg24:

Hey Jack, love your twitch stream and want to express my gratitude for everything you do for pinball! Watched about 30 minutes of your GOTG stream the other night but when I went back to watch it on Twitch a lot of your videos seem to have gotten removed. Any chance you have plans to upload that guardians stream to YouTube?
Cheers!
David

YO thanks for the kind words!
Yeah, I'm going to be trying to back everything up to YouTube from now on.
INCLUDING...

If you missed our Hot Wheels Pinball event with American Pinball's Josh Kugler, here is the game of the night.
Josh talks me through my play, all the way into LEGEND MULTIBALL!

2 weeks later
#482 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Jack, not sure i've seen all your streams (...), than what's your best score at SOUL GEM free shot bonus on AIQ ? i remember you were very happy one day but didnt remember...

I also remember being stoked about it, but it was old code so I’m assuming it was huge and incorrect. Haha

#483 3 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Don't know what it is, but Jack has really found his stride lately - it was always the best stream out there, but this mix of his latest camera setup, the lineup in the background, him constantly being afraid of someone being in the building at dark (LOL!) and the games he is playing whilst not being in spandex, he is killing it.

Yo thanks mar dude.
The stream has been a frick-ton if fun lately!

#484 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

LOL, I love this aspect of his stream. Jack Danger: "Oh sh*t, did I lock the door". Jack Danger after someone in chat says they saw an old guy aimlessly wander into the backround while he's playing: "Did you guys really see someone behind me or are you shitting with me?". Of course, I'm paraphrasing what J.D. says in those instances, but it cracks me up every time.

All it takes is one scary old polish dude to stroll in on ya, and you’re paranoid for life.

#485 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Request for tonight’s stream. Can you have the dev team explain how the end of ball bonus works now on stranger things? It was completely changed and I think it would be beneficial for them to explain how it’s accumulated and for what values.
Also would love to see the MXV skill shot demonstrated. I haven’t been able to do it yet.
Thanks!

Have you hit the skillshot yet?
I got it once on accident, and I’m assuming that’s the ONLY way to get it. Haha

#486 3 years ago

TWIPY pre-voting has started.
Do me a solid and choose Dead Flip for Fav YouTube, Fav Streamer, and Fav Website!

http://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twipy-2020-pre-voting/

#487 3 years ago

Here is the Stranger Things stream with the crew.
The FPS of my “players eye view” cam was jumping around, but overall solid fun times.

For those of you wondering, for that view I’m using a GoPro hero 8 Black which atm can’t output 60fps live. A know issue they need to fix. I have a Hero 4 on the way in the meantime.

2 weeks later
#500 3 years ago

We’re confirmed getting a Prem/LE to my new studio early next week.

Direct audio video sexiness. (Get that bail money ready)

We’ll back it up to YouTube.com/DeadFlip for viewing after the live stream.

#503 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Wait, isn't Ramble On the theme of every one of Jack's streams? Oh wait, no. It's Just Chatting. My bad.

Zzzzzzing!

#514 3 years ago

Aye, I thought I posted on here, but I guess my internet was too crappy to submit? HAHA
Last night's stream is archived. It should be available for viewing soon!
3 hours of direct video/audio.

#522 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Unless you don't give a shit...

I have many shits to give. haha

#523 3 years ago

So tonight during another LZ stream, I killed the music but left the SFX, and blew it up!
Here ya go!

#524 3 years ago

So tonight during another LZ stream, I killed the music but left the SFX, and blew it up!
Here ya go!!

#526 3 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Ringing in the end of a crap 2020 with you...Thanks for helping get me and the Mrs. through the pandemic and on to a better and brighter 2021 for sure. Keep flippin’ Jack! Thanks for everything you do to support pinball!

Aye thanks for hanging out!! 2021 is gonna be a blast, I can feel it!

Happy new year to all you pinheads out there!!

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Cheers!
[quoted image]

Spectrum!!!!!

#529 3 years ago

Quick update, internet gets connected on Friday, then off to the races!!

#531 3 years ago

The lineup so far with many more coming in.

3543275C-929E-47FE-B893-C8065BA46257 (resized).jpeg3543275C-929E-47FE-B893-C8065BA46257 (resized).jpeg5164CF8A-3B29-4018-ADFE-CE2FFB1B342D (resized).jpeg5164CF8A-3B29-4018-ADFE-CE2FFB1B342D (resized).jpeg73E57C66-467E-4E5F-A184-FC72BDBDE3C0 (resized).jpeg73E57C66-467E-4E5F-A184-FC72BDBDE3C0 (resized).jpeg
#532 3 years ago

Gavin has always used our studio(s) as layovers for games headed on location. That way we can stream it, beat it up, and discover what may break before it hits the streets.
This location will serve the same purpose, but now we can help him clear out his storage a little bit more.

#541 3 years ago

I think we’re long overdue for a TMNT stream, but with all the new games coming in....

#542 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

i want to see you stream that beatles, don't think i've seen you play that yet. I'm interested in possibly grabbing one.

Beatles is one of those “one more game” games. I love it for the ability to just walk up to it, and just jam on it quick. Nothing to overthink.
Also I put the TMNT spinner on mine so, mod of the year?

#543 3 years ago

Fiiiiiinally getting internet at the new place today!!

#549 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

If Stern ever questions whether or not your streaming sells games....TMNT was my first pin. When Stern announced it I was very excited but they didn't reel me in until I saw you play it in the stream. Your channel definitely pulled me into a hobby I now LOVE. Thanks!

Yoooo I'm printing this out and putting it on Gary's desk immediately. HAHA
Much love!

#550 3 years ago

SAFE CRACKER TOMORROW!
6PM C.

FISHTALES THURSDAY!

#551 3 years ago

Top 9 Games To Play On A Pinball Machine!

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I was looking for the Iron Maiden pro game reveal video it doesn’t look like it’s on YouTube anymore.
That was hands down my favorite reveal video you guys explained all the game rules in detail and it made playing the game so enjoyable.

You tube has slowly been deleting my content due to DMCA. I'm slowly going back through to appeal it all.

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Not Friday?
Why do you hate alliteration?

FIIIIIIIINE
Fricken Fishtales Friday!

#558 3 years ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

I'm in the same boat as royaljack . Thanks to Jack Danger I'm a modern day pinball convert and now new Stern owner. I took delivery of my SW Comic Art Pro last month and I love it.
Watching DeadFlip really helped me put the missing pieces together and figure out how to really enjoy pinball. I Played video games my whole life but always walked by pins or just played 1 game and left.
Also, my kid watches along with me sometimes too and you are always super nice about saying hello to her when I ask. She really gets a kick out of the interactivity. She loves putting in the DeadFlip code on my machine too!
Anyways, many thanks and Stern owes you a raise is the point lol!

Dang, love these kinds of messages!
All the love, bub!

#559 3 years ago

827 hours of pinball?!
2020 has been a wild ride, thanks for hanging with me every night! <3

url (resized).pngurl (resized).png
#560 3 years ago

STAR TREK PREMIUM TONIGHT!
6PM C.

#563 3 years ago

Last game of the night was pretty decent!
I missed this game!

141171980_1900613470086463_3835704921443398769_o (resized).jpg141171980_1900613470086463_3835704921443398769_o (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#570 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Hi Jack,
Love your streams! I have a question...watched your Stranger Things new code stream and was struck at how well your TK lock works. Was that like that out of the box or did it need to be dialed in? I have tried all the key posts on Pinside but still only hit about 30% of the time. If you have any tips, this ST owner would be very grateful. Thanks!

Thanks!!
Yeah my TK is out of the box.
I think my lock only grabs about 50% of the time, but some days it just cooperates more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

$ 22.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Gatos, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

364 posts in this topic match your search for posts by deadflip. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deadflip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadflip-now-on-pinside/page/1?tu=deadflip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.