Topic Stats

• 957 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 78 days ago by Gubbin
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you prefer more instructional, or more casual game-play when watching a stream?”

• Focused Instructional - [Let us know what you're doing and why!] 100 votes
    23%
  • Casual Instructional - [Keep it fun and educational!] 296 votes
    68%
  • Casual Game-Play - [Just play the dang game!] 38 votes
    9%

(434 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7958 (resized).jpg
IMG_8636 (resized).jpg
IMG_5277 (resized).png
IMG_6171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6131 (resized).jpeg
0592D8A0-9ECA-4F30-93D1-A07DBDD80E8D (resized).jpeg
EF8ADB36-065A-402F-8455-22382A05BFE7.gif
437445e3e4c0b980eb76f549b2acfbb4--dave-grohl-limo.jpg
D3BD2666-F20A-4FF5-B10E-A09169A63A57 (resized).png
20221230_164539_resized (resized).jpg
B5F2B875-708F-4C00-A116-80C2C9D24B03 (resized).jpeg
20181111_102517 (resized).jpg
C1F5FD8A-123B-4726-B7F1-3A805A65A494 (resized).jpeg
C8F255B9-DBCE-406A-B407-04E74D5AA4EB (resized).jpeg
271952C4-EA4D-458A-852A-829992815177 (resized).jpeg
There are 957 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 20.
#902 1 year ago

Holy shit! Thank you!

437445e3e4c0b980eb76f549b2acfbb4--dave-grohl-limo.jpg437445e3e4c0b980eb76f549b2acfbb4--dave-grohl-limo.jpg

#903 1 year ago

Congrats you sneaky Devil Now that is a pinball reveal !!! Cannot wait until late summer we’re in on a first run Prem and the whole house is happy with Dad

#904 1 year ago

Killer work Jack! Congrats to you and the whole team. FF looks fun AF!!!

#905 1 year ago

Now that Jack legitly put deathsaves into the game. Jack is The Deadfather

#906 1 year ago

Bringing in your deathsave signature move as a feature.....i see what you did there. Well played sir, well played.

Congrats Jack on what i think is gonna be a stellar first Cornerstone release. You might get another twippy next time but not for streaming this time around.

Can't wait to see and play it.

#907 1 year ago

Jacks out riding through the crowds of applause!

EF8ADB36-065A-402F-8455-22382A05BFE7.gifEF8ADB36-065A-402F-8455-22382A05BFE7.gif
#908 1 year ago

I am Pinsides most sarcastic SOB, but I will sincerely say... you did good Jack. You did real good.

#909 1 year ago

Great stream! Game looked like so much fun! Looking forward to delivery!!!!

#910 1 year ago

Y’all. Wtf. Hahaha
This has been a wild few days.
Honestly HONESTLY thank you for all the awesome support.
The team killed this game and I can’t wait for you all to finally get to play it!!

#911 1 year ago

Loving the Foo streams so far this week, DeadFlip! Are we getting some solo play soon, hopefully?!

#912 1 year ago

All 3 models are a home run, no one should be disappointed. I was thinking prem or le, but the green powdercoat is just incredible. More excited than I've ever been upon a reveal. Great job by everyone!!

#913 1 year ago

Way to go Jack! Game seems to have some good flow going on along with a cool layout and shots. Love the comic book style animations. Very well done. Congrats!

#914 1 year ago

Jack, copy/paste this :

about the kickback, let me share this (simply because i was first thinking it will work as it) :

actually : if the OVERDRIVE is lit at the left outlane, the kickback post will go up when the ball roll on the switch, than all you have to do is raise the left flipper...

my idea (to add some skill to this) : the post didnt go up automatically with the left outlane switch, but only when you'll flip the left flipper > that post will be up but under timer (and every time you use it, the timer will be shorter) > that means you will add skill to that save ball, by needing to flip just before the ball is going to it the post... too soon, the post go down before ball is there, too late, the ball is gone...

only prob with this : if you're in multiball & cradling balls on the left flipper... >>> easy code exception : when/if you're in multiball : a ball rolling at the left outlane switch simply gave a new ball in the shooterlane (no pop up activity)

just as an idea...

#915 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Jack, copy/paste this :
about the kickback, let me share this (simply because i was first thinking it will work as it) :
actually : if the OVERDRIVE is lit at the left outlane, the kickback post will go up when the ball roll on the switch, than all you have to do is raise the left flipper...
my idea (to add some skill to this) : the post didnt go up automatically with the left outlane switch, but only when you'll flip the left flipper > that post will be up but under timer (and every time you use it, the timer will be shorter) > that means you will add skill to that save ball, by needing to flip just before the ball is going to it the post... too soon, the post go down before ball is there, too late, the ball is gone...
only prob with this : if you're in multiball & cradling balls on the left flipper... >>> easy code exception : when/if you're in multiball : a ball rolling at the left outlane switch simply gave a new ball in the shooterlane (no pop up activity)
just as an idea...

Looks like it works well and will be accessible for many players as it is, but I wouldn't venture to have a real opinion until I've played it myself.

#916 1 year ago

Celebrated with some pals last night.

0592D8A0-9ECA-4F30-93D1-A07DBDD80E8D (resized).jpeg0592D8A0-9ECA-4F30-93D1-A07DBDD80E8D (resized).jpeg
#917 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Loving the Foo streams so far this week, DeadFlip! Are we getting some solo play soon, hopefully?!

VERY soon!

3 weeks later
#918 1 year ago

Spent the last two nights hanging out on your twitch stream, relaxing and having a drink. And even though you were just signing plastics and talking it was kinda cool. It was very relaxing, surprisingly informative, and just a great way to wind down from the day. Thank you for all you do for this hobby.

#919 1 year ago

Appreciate you hanging out!
We're gonna get back to regulalry scheduled pinball streams soon.
Gotta make sure Foo rolls out well, then I'll be back doing the thing!

Thanks for the kind words, and watching me sign hundreds of pieces of plastic.

#920 1 year ago

Great Galactic Tank Force stream, any chance the vid will get uploaded to YouTube ? Then I can watch it on the big screen.

Cheers.

#921 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Celebrated with some pals last night.
[quoted image]

I do believe i met the 2 on the right of this picture at the 2 different DPO's over the years. Both were great fun to hang with. Looking forward till the next time we meet in person. Great picture.

2 weeks later
#922 12 months ago

Last two nights back streaming have been wonderful.

Feels good to be back.

Now that Foo is on the line, I can finally find some time to work on the new space.
Reorganize, acoustical work, set up the rest of the games, etc.

#923 12 months ago

feng shui stream when

#924 12 months ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Did your pinball machine build get finished? Weren't you going to do a video?
Im not able to catch your live streaming on Twitch, so if it's there, I haven't seen it. I watch your stuff on YouTube

Quoted from DeadFlip:

Layout is finished and code is complete! (huge shout out to mission pinball, multimorphic, and stern)
The game just needs animations and art... that being said, the game is in a... secret limbo at the moment.
Got to http://www.pinballmakers.com in the meantime if you're looking for guidance on building a pin. My "how-to" video hit a few snags I'm trying to remedy.

First of all... hats off to you Jack for streaming such entertaining content all the time. Rarely go to bed without a smile on my face after watching a stream. And congratulations on FF! I've got a Premium on order!

Q: Is the Dead Flip pin way on the back burner or off the stove completely?

A Dead Flip pin could get soooo meta so fast

What are everyone's suggestions for a full "Dead Flip pinball" ruleset? Wishlist or brainstorm here?

Some things would be super obvious ("Marrr Dude!" as a callout). But imagine "virtual Jack" giving thanks to new subscribers while playing a pinball game within the pinball game as a start,

Playfield Multipliers

• "Let's Freakin' Go" = 2x
  • "Let's Heckin' Go" = 3x
    Mode Select (scoop shot?) When the scoop is hit and a mode is about to be collected, the callout is "Hey! Internet!"
    and then the name of whatever Mode is starting .
    Wizard Mode(s)

• Flippers and Butts Up
  • Timed mode where user must keep their flippers "up" without losing any balls. Mode starts with 2
    balls and adds a ball every few seconds. The mode finishes with 6 balls. Jackpot/final value is higher
    the longer the user was able to keep flippers in the "up" position without losing any balls. If the player
    can keep flippers and butts up for a full 10 seconds with all 6 balls, then Super Jackpots are lit with the final
    value which can be collected until you get back to single ball play. Simply cradling both flippers with all 6 balls
    won't work since the timer will pause. You have to keep getting switch hits for the timer to continue counting down.

Anyway... currently watching an old stream where you and RayDay are playing. Awesome content. Glad to be in the hobby where guys like you are just killing it day after day. Thanks Jack!

#925 11 months ago

Had a lot of fun at the launch party last night. Was great to have a bunch of people getting together to have fun on this great game! Your one handed MB skills are even more fun to watch in person than they are on stream!

IMG_6131 (resized).jpegIMG_6131 (resized).jpeg
#926 11 months ago

Knocked it out of the park with Foo Jack! I think it would be cool if you got a free upgrade if you sweep the drops. I can't do it regularly but it's so good when you get it.

#927 11 months ago

If you want to sweep the drops, do it from the left flipper, that angle is perfect for it. I've done it semi-regularly during DC multiball that way.

#928 11 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

If you want to sweep the drops, do it from the left flipper, that angle is perfect for it. I've done it semi-regularly during DC multiball that way.

Drops and paddle are MUCH safer from the left flipper in general. Often it will ricochet to the Rami turnaround off the paddle target.

1 week later
#929 11 months ago

Like Sinead sang:
Nothing compares
Nothing compares
To Foo!!!

IMG_6171 (resized).jpegIMG_6171 (resized).jpeg
#930 11 months ago

Love seeing these FOO’s pop up!
Thanks to everyone sharing their pics with me!!

#931 11 months ago

Lights out , Lights out in Tokyo

IMG_5277 (resized).pngIMG_5277 (resized).png
#932 11 months ago

Hold tight , till the end ……. Hey Jack I know your mail is probably overflowing so I’ll try to reach you here It’s my humble opinion you need to create a Deadflip Logo Mod (whether magnet , 3D print etc) that you can sell to us to mark your pins moving forward .Let’s face it ,DF is a huge part of pinball with all the work you do delivering the best pinball streams out there ,it would be cool to mark your territory .I was thinking to mount on the hinge plates .I’m personally going to chrome out my hinges (along with leg bolts ,coin slots/returns ) on our LE (well ,buy a extra set and keep the powdered ones ) and want it for there ,so I’ll hold off to see if you would do this to sell for yourself via your DF site .There’s potential for big sales so I’d give it a go as it doesn’t seem it would take much of an initial investment and the work is already done with your logo .Last thing , can you see about creating a killer pinball moment with lighting when hitting the SJP on the upper with every light in the box and something big on the screen ? That shot needs to stand out as it’s a incredible rush to hit it Kevin

#933 11 months ago

DeadFlip

Just wanted to say that I enjoy your pinball streams. Found it interesting that I just bought a Pool Sharks that I believe you had in your stream a few years back. Pretty cool to me to have a game that you may have used. I didn't notice th estars on the flippers in the stream video, but the instruction cars look the same.

Chris

IMG_8636 (resized).jpgIMG_8636 (resized).jpg
#934 11 months ago

Hey Internet, let's have a little chat.
For the better part of a decade, almost (if not) 9 years now, I've been streaming every-ish night.
Yes, this is THAT post.
When we first started this endevor, streaming was the wild west, and we really only did it to record ourselves to see why we suck so bad.
Over the years, this stream has lead to MANY amazing encounters, moments, exposure for the hobby, and most importantly friends.
When this all began, life was a lot different. Single, then married, then becoming a father, and then once again. The problem is I've been watching my kids grow up on the weekends because I'm always busy. The only real time I get to spend with Laura is very late at night or also on the weekends.
I think it's time, after 9 years, to finally hang up the cameras and be a more present family man.
I'd like to hope that we've made a positive impact on this hobby, and hope the many folks out there streaming, continue to carry the torch.
This isnt a goodbye, just the fact that, if we stream, it will be random or on special occasions. I'm still around, I'll still post stupid sh*t, but my evenings are being reclaimed. ❤
I love you all, Mar Dudes.
Jack Danger

IMG_7958 (resized).jpgIMG_7958 (resized).jpg
#935 11 months ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

For the better part of a decade, almost (if not) 9 years now, I've been streaming every-ish night.
Yes, this is THAT post.
When we first started this endevor, streaming was the wild west, and we really only did it to record ourselves to see why we suck so bad.
Over the years, this stream has lead to MANY amazing encounters, moments, exposure for the hobby, and most importantly friends.
When this all began, life was a lot different. Single, then married, then becoming a father, and then once again. The problem is I've been watching my kids grow up on the weekends because I'm always busy. The only real time I get to spend with Laura is very late at night or also on the weekends.
I think it's time, after 9 years, to finally hang up the cameras and be a more present family man.
I'd like to hope that we've made a positive impact on this hobby, and hope the many folks out there streaming, continue to carry the torch.
This isnt a goodbye, just the fact that, if we stream, it will be random or on special occasions. I'm still around, I'll still post stupid sh*t, but my evenings are being reclaimed. ❤
Jack Danger
[quoted image]

Thanks for all the streams mar dude...totally get it. Be with the fam and keep designing...The streaming launched you, now enjoy the rewards of the progression. Thanks for all you did, do, and are going to do!!!

#936 11 months ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Yes, this is THAT post.
Jack Danger
[quoted image]

Thanks for all the streams and for everything you do to help make pinball fun.

#937 11 months ago

Happy trails. Keep on designing great playfields and maybe sneak out to the occasional tourney in your newfound free time.

#938 11 months ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Yes, this is THAT post.
Jack Danger
[quoted image]

Posted this in the foo owners thread: DeadFlip this is not the end but the beginning and the most important thing in life is family and then maybe a toss up between cars and pinball. Never heard of twitch before stumbling onto your show. Taught me a lot, laughed and always had a good time especially when trying to crack you up on stream. It was more than a few Good Friday evenings. You future is bright and I can’t wait to see what you conquer next. This thread is a tribute to your second greatest creation. Only second to those beautiful children of yours. Keep flipping.

#939 11 months ago

We get it, it’s you not us <3

#941 11 months ago

DeadFlip you should do a send off show and we will all tune in.

#942 11 months ago

I assume he'll still stream new Stern releases.

#943 11 months ago

Thank you for all the great streams, Jack!
As one of your first dozen or so followers/subscribers, it's been fun watching your channel and brand grow.
Best of luck to you and your family

#944 11 months ago

Appreciate all you've done for the hobby, Jack!

#945 11 months ago

Good choice man, family #1

I always watch your streams before I buy something " just to make sure".

GL!

#946 11 months ago

Thanks Jack for all you did and continue to do. I got into the hobby 6 years ago and remember I would turn twitch on and just watch you play every night either at your studio or random bar. It became a daily thing for me to just lay in bed and tune in. I appreciate all the work you put in to keep us crazies entertained. Wishing you the best and hope to catch some more streams in the future.

#947 11 months ago

Dang Mar Dude, i am gonna miss hanging out and chatting about absolute nonsensical bullshit from time to time. I understand fully why you have to do this. Burning the candle on both ends for to long makes for a hefty burnout. Been there, done that. Wish it upon nobody especially my favorite streamer. You started this pinball streaming hype and will forever be remembered for that. And from that making your hobby your job at Stern as gamedesigner is something a man only can dream off. Then releasing 2 games which are very well recieved....Dude its a fairytaile come true. Wish you and the family all the best and hope to tune in some random stream when you go live in the future.

#948 10 months ago

It’s not the end, it’s only “an ending”. Good luck on the next chapter. Take a bow

#949 10 months ago

tanx for all
and enjoy having time with your family

#950 10 months ago
Quoted from Quint:

Thank you for all the great streams, Jack! ...

+1

Thank you Jack!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 957 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadflip-now-on-pinside/page/19?hl=aamauzy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.