Topic Stats

• 957 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 78 days ago by Gubbin
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you prefer more instructional, or more casual game-play when watching a stream?”

• Focused Instructional - [Let us know what you're doing and why!] 100 votes
    23%
  • Casual Instructional - [Keep it fun and educational!] 296 votes
    68%
  • Casual Game-Play - [Just play the dang game!] 38 votes
    9%

(434 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7958 (resized).jpg
IMG_8636 (resized).jpg
IMG_5277 (resized).png
IMG_6171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6131 (resized).jpeg
0592D8A0-9ECA-4F30-93D1-A07DBDD80E8D (resized).jpeg
EF8ADB36-065A-402F-8455-22382A05BFE7.gif
437445e3e4c0b980eb76f549b2acfbb4--dave-grohl-limo.jpg
D3BD2666-F20A-4FF5-B10E-A09169A63A57 (resized).png
20221230_164539_resized (resized).jpg
B5F2B875-708F-4C00-A116-80C2C9D24B03 (resized).jpeg
20181111_102517 (resized).jpg
C1F5FD8A-123B-4726-B7F1-3A805A65A494 (resized).jpeg
C8F255B9-DBCE-406A-B407-04E74D5AA4EB (resized).jpeg
271952C4-EA4D-458A-852A-829992815177 (resized).jpeg
There are 957 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 20.
#601 3 years ago
Quoted from skquinn:

(I know it's a bit late, but I figured I'd chime in with this anyway)
Most of the time, I prefer casual gameplay, however there are times I will seek out some form of instructional video particularly if it's a newer game and/or one I am expecting to play in a tournament (yes, I'm still going to be playing tournaments). There is a time and place for all three types of videos/streams, though.

Yeah I get recommendations about all sorts of vids. I try to mix it up as often as possible! If there is any particular game you’re looking for some insight/broadcast on, let me know!

#602 3 years ago

I’m reminded tonight, just how much of a jerk BSD can be.

#603 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I am just glad you washed it off before posting a picture of it.

It was reaaaaally in there.

#604 3 years ago

Does anyone have a favorite DMCA-free music channel/playlist they like to jam too? Looking for recommendations.

#605 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Does anyone have a favorite DMCA-free music channel/playlist they like to jam too? Looking for recommendations.

Just put up a constant loop of William Hung "she bangs" and call it good.

#606 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Just put up a constant loop of William Hung "she bangs" and call it good.

I mean, at this point, he has to have copywritten his performance?

#607 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Seems more like you found a way to jump the line outside of Cook county after you mentioned you were eligible “because you work in a manufacturing environment” in the vod you deleted.
Secret indeed... Congrats on the vaccine!

But he does. Stern is a manufacturer. Jack is there all the time.

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I’ve been playing something for Shazam, and if it doesn’t know it I use it.

#609 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve been playing something for Shazam, and if it doesn’t know it I use it.

That’s... pretty clever.
I have a DMCA free synth wave playlist I fall back on, but I wanna branch out a bit.

#610 3 years ago

Try live music of bands that aren’t super mainstream. I haven’t gotten busted for things like Umphrey’s McGee and Phish. Plenty of live tracks for them. Jam band are good because their songs are never the same.

#611 3 years ago

Lotus and STS9 are other good live jam bands that may be safe as well.

#612 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

But he does. Stern is a manufacturer. Jack is there all the time.

Jack has always said he isn’t a stern employee and they’ve confirmed this in the past. He isn’t a manufacturing employee unless there’s been an update (if so, congrats!). His time spent in stern as a media contractor isn’t relevant to vaccination prioritization in Cook County Illinois. Jack works in his (really cool) studio as his primary place of self employment- not at stern.

It could suggest someone at stern gave him a designation as a priority need employee when he indeed is not a priority (meaning 1B candidate) or a direct employee. This would all be different if he stated he had an underlying condition and went to a surrounding county but he stated it was due to his work relationship with Stern.

There’s a shortage of vaccination and only people truly on the front line and at increased risk should receiving them. I contend Jack Danger, just like most us, falls under neither of those criteria

Jack has spoken of privilege AT LENGTH in the past. Without further information, this certainly appears to be a direct example of privilege being exercised and related to ones working relationship with a company.

#613 3 years ago

Jack has always said he isn’t a stern employee and they’ve confirmed this in the past. He isn’t a manufacturing employee unless there’s been an update (if so, congrats!). His time spent in stern as a media contractor isn’t relevant to vaccination prioritization in Cook County Illinois. Jack works in his (really cool) studio as his primary place of self employment- not at stern.
It could suggest someone at stern gave him a designation as a priority need employee when he indeed is not a priority (meaning 1B candidate) or a direct employee. This would all be different if he stated he had an underlying condition and went to a surrounding county but he stated it was due to his work relationship with Stern.
There’s a shortage of vaccination and only people truly on the front line and at increased risk should receiving them. I contend Jack Danger, just like most us, falls under neither of those criteria
Jack has spoken of privilege AT LENGTH in the past. Without further information, this certainly appears to be a direct example of privilege being exercised and related to ones working relationship with a company.

Thank you for the concern. My private life that isnt streaming is private for many reasons, and many many details that don't involve "International Pinball Sensation Jack Danger" remain private for dozens of internet creep concerns. Anything I do choose to share is with discretion that is passing conversation and entertainment.
If I did care to open up my personal life and health situations to the public, it certainly wouldn't be on a pinball forum.

#614 3 years ago

Jack works in his (really cool) studio

Also, the studio has been a big fricken bummer lately. Haha

#615 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thank you for the concern. My private life that isnt streaming is private for many reasons, and many many details that don't involve "International Pinball Sensation Jack Danger" remain private for dozens of internet creep concerns. Anything I do choose to share is with discretion that is passing conversation and entertainment.
If I did care to open up my personal life and health situations to the public, it certainly wouldn't be on a pinball forum.

Let’s be clear- you opened this door. Name call all you like.

Adding “for entertainment purposes” doesn’t change anything here.

It doesn’t make any sense why you would share “personal and private” info as entertainment regardless.

No one is prying here- you shared information and disclosed you clearly left cook county for the vaccine as you’re clearly not a 1A candidate and Cook county isn’t on phase 1B.

The question is, per your “disclosure”, is how did you get a designation as a 1B manufacturing employee (the rationale you gave on stream).

I don’t expect an answer.

#616 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Also, the studio has been a big fricken bummer lately. Haha

I’m sorry that happened with the water and such- I’m excited to see the next place you were discussing. Hopefully it turns for the better soon!

#617 3 years ago

I’m sorry that happened with the water and such- I’m excited to see the next place you were discussing. Hopefully it turns for the better soon!

Our FISHTALES had a waterfall open up on top of it, but I think the ceiling tile that fell first onto the game, mostly protected it.

#618 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lotus and STS9 are other good live jam bands that may be safe as well.

I've been gambling with mashups, but I'm not sure they are safe...

#619 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I've been gambling with mashups, but I'm not sure they are safe...

Yeah these two bands rarely do mash ups, but they will sample stuff from time to time.

#620 3 years ago

Word, thanks.
We're about to do some pinball design stream stuff, and I'm gonna need SOMETHING playing in the background, while folks watch me draw inappropriate things in photoshop.

#621 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Word, thanks.
We're about to do some pinball design stream stuff, and I'm gonna need SOMETHING playing in the background, while folks watch me draw inappropriate things in photoshop.

Maybe hit up Terry at Colemine Records and see if he will give you permission to use the Colemine Playlist on Spotify?

They are a great small label out of Ohio that is the cornerstone fo the modern throwback Soul sound. I can't imagine they would object if you gave them a plug here and there for the exchange?

If it helps, I would be happy to try and grease the wheels...but I think the added exposure they would get would be more than sufficient bait!

#622 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Maybe hit up Terry at Colemine Records and see if he will give you permission to use the Colemine Playlist on Spotify?
They are a great small label out of Ohio that is the cornerstone fo the modern throwback Soul sound. I can't imagine they would object if you gave them a plug here and there for the exchange?
If it helps, I would be happy to try and grease the wheels...but I think the added exposure they would get would be more than sufficient bait!

oOOoooh. Checking them out now.

#623 3 years ago

Awwwwwww yeah. Gavin Just dropped off a Walking Dead.
Let's jam on it tomorrow.

#624 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Would love to see that! Walking Dead kicks my ass nonstop. Misery loves company

#625 3 years ago

So I watched the Drac stream and was blown away with the "SOUND" . Speakers on my computer have never sounded better !

#626 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

YES. I wanna see you play that. Loving these "older" games you've been playing lately.

#627 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So I watched the Drac stream and was blown away with the "SOUND" . Speakers on my computer have never sounded better !

right?! Direct audio let’s hear hear all the awesome work they put into the games that you don’t normally hear out of the speakers!

#628 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

YES. I wanna see you play that. Loving these "older" games you've been playing lately.

Heck yeah, same. I’m lucky gavin needs a layover for these games between rentals.

#629 3 years ago

Does he just do local rentals?

#630 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Does he just do local rentals?

Local and surrounding area.

#631 3 years ago

DEADPOOL TONIGHT!

#632 3 years ago

Bruh

D691520B-3944-4F6E-A1A3-1CB045772481 (resized).jpegD691520B-3944-4F6E-A1A3-1CB045772481 (resized).jpeg
#633 3 years ago

Looking forward to it...keep it level, now that you found it.

#634 3 years ago

Now put the glass on.

2 weeks later
#635 3 years ago

We absolutely destroyed this new code!
GG Stern Pinball Steve, Tim, Ray, and team!

1 week later
#636 3 years ago

Just as a heads up, Jack posted a photo of a Dead Flip tshirt illustration his daughter made. Some jerk jumped on that opportunity to start selling shirts before Jack had a chance to. If you see this link posted, do not buy. None of that money is going to Jack at Dead Flip. Only buy if you see a link coming directly from him. Only posting because I thought it was an awesome idea and would love to support his daughter's art and want to make sure that when I do, the money is going to the right person. Cheers.

#637 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Just as a heads up, Jack posted a photo of a Dead Flip tshirt illustration his daughter made. Some jerk jumped on that opportunity to start selling shirts before Jack had a chance to. If you see this link posted, do not buy. None of that money is going to Jack at Dead Flip. Only buy if you see a link coming directly from him. Only posting because I thought it was an awesome idea and would love to support his daughter's art and want to make sure that when I do, the money is going to the right person. Cheers.

Sorry it took me so long to get to this message. Thank you.
Laura jumped on the attack immediately. You don't mess with the Danger kids.

#638 3 years ago

So have you played GNR yet .
Or aren't you allowed to talk about it .

#639 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

So have you played GNR yet .
Or aren't you allowed to talk about it .

Have not had a chance to jam on GNR yet.

#640 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Have not had a chance to jam on GNR yet.

It's weird I've got to play GNR , yet I haven't been able to find Elvira , turtles or Avengers .
With you living in Chicago , I thought all the pins would be available

#641 3 years ago

Just wanna say thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who tunes in each night to hang out.

The recognition (especially in the Twipys) means the world but I also hope you check out the ARMY of awesome streamers out there making amazing content.

All the love!
Can’t wait til next year to see you all in person!!

4 weeks later
#643 2 years ago

Just watched the second half of Jack's Oktoberfest game, and it looks like the most fun I've seen him have with a game in a while. Would love to see more of the lesser known newer games like this.

1 week later
#644 2 years ago
Quoted from HooperTriplett:

Just watched the second half of Jack's Oktoberfest game, and it looks like the most fun I've seen him have with a game in a while. Would love to see more of the lesser known newer games like this.

We just got this game back in the studio. Gonna jam on it this week!

#645 2 years ago

Oktoberfest, Junkyard, Metallica, and Transporter Getting some love on stream this week!

#646 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Oktoberfest, Junkyard, Metallica, and Transporter Getting some love on stream this week!

sweet. i picked a good week to have off from work. can watch through the night for once.

#647 2 years ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/bugatti-unveils-a-24300000-pool-table-that-stays-level-on-a-yacht/ar-BB1go3n1

Figured I would post this here. DeadFlip didn't you create an automatic leg leveler rig for a pin once upon a time ago?

I can see it now - a Bugatti x Deadflip pinball machine buit for yachts and arcades alike.

#648 2 years ago
Quoted from Grossp59:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/bugatti-unveils-a-24300000-pool-table-that-stays-level-on-a-yacht/ar-BB1go3n1
Figured I would post this here. DeadFlip didn't you create an automatic leg leveler rig for a pin once upon a time ago?
I can see it now - a Bugatti x Deadflip pinball machine buit for yachts and arcades alike.

Whoa yeah. Ages ago!! I need to find that vid!!

#649 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

...Transporter...

i miss my mine :/
and you still didnt beat me ?

#650 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i miss my mine :/
and you still didnt beat me ?

I still dont fully understand what I’m doing in that game. Haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.95
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MI
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 957 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadflip-now-on-pinside/page/13?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.