8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 634 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by guitarded
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you prefer more instructional, or more casual game-play when watching a stream?”

• Focused Instructional - [Let us know what you're doing and why!] 85 votes
      25%
    • Casual Instructional - [Keep it fun and educational!] 231 votes
      67%
    • Casual Game-Play - [Just play the dang game!] 28 votes
      8%

(344 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 79 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D691520B-3944-4F6E-A1A3-1CB045772481 (resized).jpeg
    BB568C1B-7439-4306-A99B-238159BFCFA4 (resized).jpeg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    141171980_1900613470086463_3835704921443398769_o (resized).jpg
    url (resized).png
    3543275C-929E-47FE-B893-C8065BA46257 (resized).jpeg
    5164CF8A-3B29-4018-ADFE-CE2FFB1B342D (resized).jpeg
    73E57C66-467E-4E5F-A184-FC72BDBDE3C0 (resized).jpeg
    20210101_002806 (resized).jpg
    project-pinball_forthejoyofpinball_fundraiser (4) (resized).png
    STERNCALENDAR (resized).jpg
    heyyouguys.gif
    121981467_1820506674763810_4980546816126357870_n (resized).png
    Layout (resized).jpg
    jack danger.gif
    GNR56 (resized).jpg

There are 634 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.
    #601 8 days ago
    Quoted from skquinn:

(I know it's a bit late, but I figured I'd chime in with this anyway)
    Most of the time, I prefer casual gameplay, however there are times I will seek out some form of instructional video particularly if it's a newer game and/or one I am expecting to play in a tournament (yes, I'm still going to be playing tournaments). There is a time and place for all three types of videos/streams, though.

Yeah I get recommendations about all sorts of vids. I try to mix it up as often as possible! If there is any particular game you’re looking for some insight/broadcast on, let me know!

#602 8 days ago

I’m reminded tonight, just how much of a jerk BSD can be.

#603 8 days ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

I am just glad you washed it off before posting a picture of it.

It was reaaaaally in there.

#604 7 days ago

Does anyone have a favorite DMCA-free music channel/playlist they like to jam too? Looking for recommendations.

#605 7 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

Does anyone have a favorite DMCA-free music channel/playlist they like to jam too? Looking for recommendations.

Just put up a constant loop of William Hung "she bangs" and call it good.

#606 7 days ago
    Quoted from manadams:

Just put up a constant loop of William Hung "she bangs" and call it good.

I mean, at this point, he has to have copywritten his performance?

#607 7 days ago
    Quoted from scruffypinball:

Seems more like you found a way to jump the line outside of Cook county after you mentioned you were eligible “because you work in a manufacturing environment” in the vod you deleted.
    Secret indeed... Congrats on the vaccine!

But he does. Stern is a manufacturer. Jack is there all the time.

#608 7 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

I’ve been playing something for Shazam, and if it doesn’t know it I use it.

#609 7 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve been playing something for Shazam, and if it doesn’t know it I use it.

That’s... pretty clever.
    I have a DMCA free synth wave playlist I fall back on, but I wanna branch out a bit.

#610 7 days ago

Try live music of bands that aren’t super mainstream. I haven’t gotten busted for things like Umphrey’s McGee and Phish. Plenty of live tracks for them. Jam band are good because their songs are never the same.

#611 7 days ago

Lotus and STS9 are other good live jam bands that may be safe as well.

#612 7 days ago
    Quoted from dos_reboot:

But he does. Stern is a manufacturer. Jack is there all the time.

Jack has always said he isn’t a stern employee and they’ve confirmed this in the past. He isn’t a manufacturing employee unless there’s been an update (if so, congrats!). His time spent in stern as a media contractor isn’t relevant to vaccination prioritization in Cook County Illinois. Jack works in his (really cool) studio as his primary place of self employment- not at stern.

It could suggest someone at stern gave him a designation as a priority need employee when he indeed is not a priority (meaning 1B candidate) or a direct employee. This would all be different if he stated he had an underlying condition and went to a surrounding county but he stated it was due to his work relationship with Stern.

There’s a shortage of vaccination and only people truly on the front line and at increased risk should receiving them. I contend Jack Danger, just like most us, falls under neither of those criteria

Jack has spoken of privilege AT LENGTH in the past. Without further information, this certainly appears to be a direct example of privilege being exercised and related to ones working relationship with a company.

#613 7 days ago

Jack has always said he isn’t a stern employee and they’ve confirmed this in the past. He isn’t a manufacturing employee unless there’s been an update (if so, congrats!). His time spent in stern as a media contractor isn’t relevant to vaccination prioritization in Cook County Illinois. Jack works in his (really cool) studio as his primary place of self employment- not at stern.
    It could suggest someone at stern gave him a designation as a priority need employee when he indeed is not a priority (meaning 1B candidate) or a direct employee. This would all be different if he stated he had an underlying condition and went to a surrounding county but he stated it was due to his work relationship with Stern.
    There’s a shortage of vaccination and only people truly on the front line and at increased risk should receiving them. I contend Jack Danger, just like most us, falls under neither of those criteria
    Jack has spoken of privilege AT LENGTH in the past. Without further information, this certainly appears to be a direct example of privilege being exercised and related to ones working relationship with a company.

Thank you for the concern. My private life that isnt streaming is private for many reasons, and many many details that don't involve "International Pinball Sensation Jack Danger" remain private for dozens of internet creep concerns. Anything I do choose to share is with discretion that is passing conversation and entertainment.
    If I did care to open up my personal life and health situations to the public, it certainly wouldn't be on a pinball forum.

#614 7 days ago

Jack works in his (really cool) studio

Also, the studio has been a big fricken bummer lately. Haha

#615 7 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thank you for the concern. My private life that isnt streaming is private for many reasons, and many many details that don't involve "International Pinball Sensation Jack Danger" remain private for dozens of internet creep concerns. Anything I do choose to share is with discretion that is passing conversation and entertainment.
    If I did care to open up my personal life and health situations to the public, it certainly wouldn't be on a pinball forum.

Let’s be clear- you opened this door. Name call all you like.

Adding “for entertainment purposes” doesn’t change anything here.

It doesn’t make any sense why you would share “personal and private” info as entertainment regardless.

No one is prying here- you shared information and disclosed you clearly left cook county for the vaccine as you’re clearly not a 1A candidate and Cook county isn’t on phase 1B.

The question is, per your “disclosure”, is how did you get a designation as a 1B manufacturing employee (the rationale you gave on stream).

I don’t expect an answer.

#616 7 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

Also, the studio has been a big fricken bummer lately. Haha

I’m sorry that happened with the water and such- I’m excited to see the next place you were discussing. Hopefully it turns for the better soon!

#617 7 days ago

I’m sorry that happened with the water and such- I’m excited to see the next place you were discussing. Hopefully it turns for the better soon!

Our FISHTALES had a waterfall open up on top of it, but I think the ceiling tile that fell first onto the game, mostly protected it.

#618 7 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lotus and STS9 are other good live jam bands that may be safe as well.

I've been gambling with mashups, but I'm not sure they are safe...

#619 7 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

I've been gambling with mashups, but I'm not sure they are safe...

Yeah these two bands rarely do mash ups, but they will sample stuff from time to time.

#620 7 days ago

Word, thanks.
    We're about to do some pinball design stream stuff, and I'm gonna need SOMETHING playing in the background, while folks watch me draw inappropriate things in photoshop.

#621 7 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

Word, thanks.
    We're about to do some pinball design stream stuff, and I'm gonna need SOMETHING playing in the background, while folks watch me draw inappropriate things in photoshop.

Maybe hit up Terry at Colemine Records and see if he will give you permission to use the Colemine Playlist on Spotify?

They are a great small label out of Ohio that is the cornerstone fo the modern throwback Soul sound. I can't imagine they would object if you gave them a plug here and there for the exchange?

If it helps, I would be happy to try and grease the wheels...but I think the added exposure they would get would be more than sufficient bait!

#622 7 days ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Maybe hit up Terry at Colemine Records and see if he will give you permission to use the Colemine Playlist on Spotify?
    They are a great small label out of Ohio that is the cornerstone fo the modern throwback Soul sound. I can't imagine they would object if you gave them a plug here and there for the exchange?
    If it helps, I would be happy to try and grease the wheels...but I think the added exposure they would get would be more than sufficient bait!

oOOoooh. Checking them out now.

#623 7 days ago

Awwwwwww yeah. Gavin Just dropped off a Walking Dead.
    Let's jam on it tomorrow.

#624 6 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

Would love to see that! Walking Dead kicks my ass nonstop. Misery loves company

#625 6 days ago

So I watched the Drac stream and was blown away with the "SOUND" . Speakers on my computer have never sounded better !

#626 6 days ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

YES. I wanna see you play that. Loving these "older" games you've been playing lately.

#627 6 days ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

So I watched the Drac stream and was blown away with the "SOUND" . Speakers on my computer have never sounded better !

right?! Direct audio let’s hear hear all the awesome work they put into the games that you don’t normally hear out of the speakers!

#628 6 days ago
    Quoted from jorant:

YES. I wanna see you play that. Loving these "older" games you've been playing lately.

Heck yeah, same. I’m lucky gavin needs a layover for these games between rentals.

#629 6 days ago

Does he just do local rentals?

#630 5 days ago
    Quoted from RoyalJack:

Does he just do local rentals?

Local and surrounding area.

#631 5 days ago

DEADPOOL TONIGHT!

#632 4 days ago

Bruh

D691520B-3944-4F6E-A1A3-1CB045772481 (resized).jpeg
    #633 4 days ago

Looking forward to it...keep it level, now that you found it.

#634 4 days ago

Now put the glass on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 63.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 25.00
    $ 7,699.00
    $ 7,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 91.00
    $ 839.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6.00
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D Tech. Pinball Parts
    $ 64.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 11.95
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 55.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    SilverBall Designs
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Maine Home Recreation
    There are 634 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside