Topic Stats

• 957 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by Gubbin
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you prefer more instructional, or more casual game-play when watching a stream?”

• Focused Instructional - [Let us know what you're doing and why!] 100 votes
    23%
  • Casual Instructional - [Keep it fun and educational!] 296 votes
    68%
  • Casual Game-Play - [Just play the dang game!] 38 votes
    9%

(434 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7958 (resized).jpg
IMG_8636 (resized).jpg
IMG_5277 (resized).png
IMG_6171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6131 (resized).jpeg
0592D8A0-9ECA-4F30-93D1-A07DBDD80E8D (resized).jpeg
EF8ADB36-065A-402F-8455-22382A05BFE7.gif
437445e3e4c0b980eb76f549b2acfbb4--dave-grohl-limo.jpg
D3BD2666-F20A-4FF5-B10E-A09169A63A57 (resized).png
20221230_164539_resized (resized).jpg
B5F2B875-708F-4C00-A116-80C2C9D24B03 (resized).jpeg
20181111_102517 (resized).jpg
C1F5FD8A-123B-4726-B7F1-3A805A65A494 (resized).jpeg
C8F255B9-DBCE-406A-B407-04E74D5AA4EB (resized).jpeg
271952C4-EA4D-458A-852A-829992815177 (resized).jpeg

There are 957 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 20.
#1 3 years ago

Greetings Pinheads!

(It dawned on me that we don't have a "persistent" thread on here, so here we are!)

THANKS for all the support over the years, being able to turn this hobby into a career has been made possible by everyone who tunes in each night to shoot the breeze, criticize my game-play, and overall just hang out in support of each-other.

If you don't know what DeadFlip is:

DeadFlip is live Pinball show that broadcasts daily on Twitch. M-F 6PM C.
We showcase new game releases, tournaments, private collections, and locations that keep this hobby going!
DeadFlip also works closely with major manufacturers to debut their titles, and bring attention to their brands and events.
The nightly show (DeadFlip) is just the tip of the iceberg on what we do...
We also sponsor events, apps, players, charities, as well as offering our platform to help promote and signal boost groups/players, more notably the http://www.bellesandchimespinball.com/ on occasion.

We've been streaming Pinball for 6 years, been recognized by Twitch as an Ambassador for their platform, by Stern as an Ambassador for their brand, and by Twin Galaxies/Walter Day for our contribution to this hobby of ours (to name a few).

You all made this possible. Thank you again and can't wait to see you in chat!

I'll be using this space to announce upcoming broadcasts of note, and showcasing VODs.

Follow us on the some of the links below to stay up to date!

Twitter : https://twitter.com/deadflip
Facebook : https://Facebook.com/deadflip
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/deadflip
Insta: https://instagram.com/deadflip
Web: https://www.DeadFlip.com

#2 3 years ago

We recently unboxed a TMNT Pro LIVE on stream, then set up the game to play it for a couple hours.
Check it out here!

We're also playing this dang game tonight... it just flows sooooo good!

#3 3 years ago

Cool

Need to get my hands on it to see how Tronesque it feels

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Cool
Need to get my hands on it to see how Tronesque it feels

I remember seeing this layout early and almost crapped myself.
The whole thing came together, better than I could have hoped.
It's fricken FAAAAAAST, in a real good way.

#5 3 years ago

Awesome work Always love your streams and input to the hobby!

#6 3 years ago

I really appreciate your casual instruction videos. I like to be able to see how a game plays and what general objectives and strategies work on games I am not familiar (or good) with. Focused instruction is great for those with a lot of time already on a particular table, but if you dive too far into the weeds on a game people aren't familiar with then a lot of eyes will start to glaze over. Good work on the videos.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Awesome work Always love your streams and input to the hobby!

Thanks bub! Your mods are next level! <3
All my games are loaners, otherwise I'd be drowning in mods.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

I really appreciate your casual instruction videos. I like to be able to see how a game plays and what general objectives and strategies work on games I am not familiar (or good) with. Focused instruction is great for those with a lot of time already on a particular table, but if you dive too far into the weeds on a game people aren't familiar with then a lot of eyes will start to glaze over. Good work on the videos.

Right, that's the split.
I like to keep it fun, and trick your brain into learning something. lol.

If I go off the deep-end in explaining stuff, it kills the vibe of the room.

#9 3 years ago

When this game launches....

Dead Flip stream will respectively be at 9:00, 7:28 or 6:38....
5BD6E1C0-8E1F-4EF6-A915-4F8701599ACB (resized).jpeg5BD6E1C0-8E1F-4EF6-A915-4F8701599ACB (resized).jpeg

#10 3 years ago

RESTART

#11 3 years ago

I would love to see you experiment with different streaming playfield angles.
For some reason I find it difficult to watch the overhead view, would like to see more of a slight angle towards the players view
and somehow use more screen real estate for the playfied view

#12 3 years ago

30+ TIMES A NIGHT! XD

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

For some reason I find it difficult to watch the overhead view, would like to see more of a slight angle towards the players view

We played with a LOT of angles early on, and top-down is just what felt right.
A more "Players-eye view" would be ideal. Lemme think on it some more.

The end-all-be-all would be like watching a Pinball FX game, without getting in the way of the player.

#14 3 years ago

Love the streams Jack...

Though I prefer the ones where you get shitty on White Claws and play your Trumpet.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Love the streams Jack...
Though I prefer the ones where you get shitty on White Claws and play your Trumpet.

Well what a surprise, those are my favorite streams as well!

White Claw hangovers just hit different.

#16 3 years ago

Awesome to see you'll be more active on pinside! I really enjoy your streams and videos. Congrats on all your success so far, and I look forward to seeing more future content from you!

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Awesome to see you'll be more active on pinside! I really enjoy your streams and videos. Congrats on all your success so far, and I look forward to seeing more future content from you!

Thanks for watching!
Happy to be here, it's long overdue!

#18 3 years ago

This sounds interesting.
Tell me more about the team, please?

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from mtn-:

This sounds interesting.
Tell me more about the team, please?

Separate folks for separate partnerships.
Competitive:
Emily
Dave
Brad
Nick
Gavin
Stan

Entertainment:
Jack Danger (and management/pr team)
Special guests hosts when I'm not available.

Sponsorship program being retooled and in development.
This team will be revealed in time.

#20 3 years ago

Hey Dude!
Been watching you since 2014.
Always one my first stops on the net every night.
Don't really chat anymore as it's not my thing but I'm always watching
Thanks for all the great content.

#21 3 years ago

Watched the stream last night and really enjoyed it. Was way more lax than your regular streams. Also helps that it was Elvira and I should have my own premium delivered on Thursday. It will be my first real pin and seeing you stream it originally was a big factor in me picking it up. Turtles looks great and can’t wait to see you stream it more.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Quint:

Hey Dude!
Been watching you since 2014.
Always one my first stops on the net every night.
Don't really chat anymore as it's not my thing but I'm always watching
Thanks for all the great content.

QUINT!
From the beginning, aww yeah!
Lurking is just as supportive, love ya bub!

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Watched the stream last night and really enjoyed it. Was way more lax than your regular streams. Also helps that it was Elvira and I should have my own premium delivered on Thursday. It will be my first real pin and seeing you stream it originally was a big factor in me picking it up. Turtles looks great and can’t wait to see you stream it more.

Yeah last night was pretty chill.
Also FRICKEN CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST PIN! You bought a Lyman game, it's gonna be great.
Something about EHOH is like that, the shots are just clean so you aren't stressing (or in my case yelling) as much!

My Deadheads kick-out is kinda borked, but I usually get prototypes off the line. Just needs some adjusting.

#24 3 years ago

I don't tune in that often, tough for me to catch stuff live, but always enjoy seeing what you're up to when I do. Happy for your success man, you did the grind and you've earned all of it.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't tune in that often, tough for me to catch stuff live, but always enjoy seeing what you're up to when I do. Happy for your success man, you did the grind and you've earned all of it.

It's all good bub, not everyone has time to watch my ass play and drink! Haha
Thanks for the kind words Aurich! <3

#26 3 years ago

Whenever I can.I like to tune in on your streams because you’re so damn funny.Looking forward to seeing more tmnt gameplay.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCanadianGuy:

Whenever I can.I like to tune in on your streams because you’re so damn funny.Looking forward to seeing more tmnt gameplay.

Yoooo thanks for watching!! Liquid courage helps with the humor for sure. haha
TMNT does not disappoint!

#28 3 years ago

Whether it’s FB, twitch or here you’re a great resource for great content (whether it’s pinball or just chatting)! Zoltar says hi!! lol.

C70E08AD-9EDE-41C9-9A46-443CC4211236 (resized).jpegC70E08AD-9EDE-41C9-9A46-443CC4211236 (resized).jpeg
#29 3 years ago

Jack, I'm sorta surprised that you don't do other manufacturers as often as stern. Ehy not more streams of willams/bally, jjp, spooky?

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Whether it’s FB, twitch or here you’re a great resource for great content (whether it’s pinball or just chatting)! Zoltar says hi!! lol.
[quoted image]

ZOLTAR SPEAKS!

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Jack, I'm sorta surprised that you don't do other manufacturers as often as stern. Ehy not more streams of willams/bally, jjp, spooky?

It's all about availability.

When we were able to leave the studio, we streamed a much bigger mixed bag.
There is also the case of quantity. Stern puts out a lot of machines.

I'm happy to stream it all, I just need to have it here in the studio at the moment!
Talking to AP about snagging a Hot wheels soon, and JJP and I have spoken about borrowing a Wonka for a bit!

Fun fact, I got started in this hobby doing work for JJP. (Wicked Witch animations, and I designed the back-end menu system they still use today!)

#32 3 years ago

I thought the Hot Wheels was good

#33 3 years ago

I want hot jams back. dmca musics sux Jack. Boohoohoo
Otherwise love the streams and wish it would not start over here at 1.00 AM when i have to get up for work early the next day.

#34 3 years ago

Jack is in the house

Love your streams....following every time Stern comes up with a new game. Thanks for your contribution.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I want hot jams back. dmca musics sux Jack. Boohoohoo
Otherwise love the streams and wish it would not start over here at 1.00 AM when i have to get up for work early the next day.

Yeah I'm meeeeeega bummed about this DMCA crap. hopefully it's sorted out soon!

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Jack is in the house
Love your streams....following every time Stern comes up with a new game. Thanks for your contribution.

AYYYY Darth, thanks bub!
Happy to be doing what I do, thanks for following! <3

#37 3 years ago

Jack, I used to love those streams where you'd go to an arcade and set up a rig on a location machine. Unfortunately along comes not only Covid, but DMCA. Talk about a one two punch. Seems like it might be hard to stream any location that plays background music in the future.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Jack, I used to love those streams where you'd go to an arcade and set up a rig on a location machine. Unfortunately along comes not only Covid, but DMCA, lol. Talk about a one two punch. Seems like it might be hard to stream any location that plays background music in the future.

You have no clue how big of a headache this is all about to become. The game, The environment, all DMCA fodder.
A lot of smart people are working on it, hopefully it gets figured out sooner than later!

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

A lot of smart people are working on it, hopefully it gets figured out sooner than later!

Fingers crossed!

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

and somehow use more screen real estate for the playfied view

There’s something to be said about this. JD, I love your streams and watch the replays on YouTube a lot so I can pause and rewind, but I find myself on my 92” projector way more than my regular 42” because the PF view is just too condensed. I know how rectangles work and the difficulties with it, but if there was a way to better crop the pertinent area, it could help those with smaller screens.

Also definitely highlight how the Amazon Prime thing works for DeadFlip. Took me like a year to link the two and I don’t even know when I watch live if it knows I’m a prime member. Much love though.

#41 3 years ago

Hey, starting watching your streams back in March. Quality stuff dude.
- sodapop

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

There’s something to be said about this. JD, I love your streams and watch the replays on YouTube a lot so I can pause and rewind, but I find myself on my 92” projector way more than my regular 42” because the PF view is just too condensed. I know how rectangles work and the difficulties with it, but if there was a way to better crop the pertinent area, it could help those with smaller screens.
Also definitely highlight how the Amazon Prime thing works for DeadFlip. Took me like a year to link the two and I don’t even know when I watch live if it knows I’m a prime member. Much love though.

Loud and clear! I'll start messing with my cams again tomorrow morning and see what I can come up with as an experiment!

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Hey, starting watching your streams back in March. Quality stuff dude.
- sodapop

SODA! You rock, bub. Glad you found the stream, and happy to have you in chat! See you tonight?

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

SODA! You rock, bub. Glad you found the stream, and happy to have you in chat! See you tonight?

Affirmative.

#45 3 years ago

Hey Jack, even if I've been annoyed with you on occasion, I do appreciate your talents, and what you've done for the hobby. I'm glad that you are continuing to make content. I think it's a good thing that you're going to have a bit more presence on Pinside, and I hope that you can be a positive force in the hobby going forward in these uncertain times. I think we can all agree that pinball drama ain't good for nobody.

Good luck dealing with this Twitch DMCA malarkey!

#46 3 years ago

Going live on TMNT Pro at 6pm c.
See you there!

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

TURTLESLIVE (resized).jpgTURTLESLIVE (resized).jpg
#47 3 years ago

Yep, Jack rocks, keep it up DF.
PS.... Sharts is the best word ever.

#48 3 years ago

My teenage son and I enjoy watching your streams Jack! Very entertaining

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from OzPinSmith:

Yep, Jack rocks, keep it up DF.
PS.... Sharts is the best word ever.

Uuuuh yeah. It just rolls off the tongue. Shaarrrrrts <3
Haha love ya!

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

My teenage son and I enjoy watching your streams Jack! Very entertaining

Yooo Antron! Thanks for tuning in! Sorry for all the swearing. lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
5,975 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wentzville, MO
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane, WA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 699.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 16.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 957 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadflip-now-on-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.