(Topic ID: 221518)

Deadbeat Sellers

By pduffy

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy.gif
    petersellers02 (resized).jpg
    Untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from pduffy:

He just accepted my offer (his asking price). No haggle. If he got a better offer, why not give me the opportunity to counter?

Cash is king.

Someone told him "I'll be there in 15 minutes, cash in hand" and he took it.

I always tell potential buyers "Bring a truck, Cash and take home a beautiful game"

If they say "I'll look at it tonight, then come back this weekend with my brother-in-law's truck" or "I'll come out tonight and give you a deposit, then I have to go scrape up the cash" I just tell them that I'm calling the next person on the list. I don't have time for flaky-ness.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from pduffy:

I am 1/2 hour away. It was agreed upon pick up day with cash. Not sure what else I could have done

There is probably nothing you could have done.

Every pin someone puts on CL gets 15-20 calls instantly, sometimes many more.

Even if you agree to come tomorrow at 6pm and buy it, someone will call and offer $100-200 more and say that they will come get it right now.

Pinheads are insane, they buy any and every game for sale locally, even if they never play it - just to fill their basements.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadbeat-sellers?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.