View topic image gallery

image.jpg
003.jpg
002.jpg
001.jpg
Space Junk.jpg
PaintOff.jpg
#1 9 years ago

One of my favorite pinball terms is "route beater" - a game that has been played and/or neglected to the point that it's depressing to even look at, much less play. For the purposes of this thread, I'm talking mainly about the visual aspect--games that are either severely worn, hideously dirty, or with many obviously broken and/or non-working playfield parts.

By definition, route beaters are games that are actually set up on location and accepting coins from the blind and/or desperate--I'm not looking for pics of disaster victims, or exposed playfields that have been rotting in the elements for years, etc. I'm also not meaning to call out and attempt to shame any operators or locations here, and I hope others will also refrain from mentioning any identifying info.

Just post pics of very dramatic examples of route beaters! I'll start with these two beauties, very well-loved back in the day and clearly reflecting their high-mileage status:

PaintOff.jpgPaintOff.jpg Space Junk.jpgSpace Junk.jpg
#2 9 years ago

At least someone is throwing fresh rubber on them. You'd think they would change the balls on occasion to slow the sandpaper carnage!

#3 9 years ago

What's wrong with them?

#4 9 years ago

Barely any lights worked, Dmd was shot, playfield covered in filth. I didn't even consider putting $$ into it.

http://instagram.com/p/vMe_bmtXda/

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

One of my favorite pinball terms is "route beater" - a game that has been played and/or neglected to the point that it's depressing to even look at, much less play. For the purposes of this thread, I'm talking mainly about the visual aspect--games that are either severely worn, hideously dirty, or with many obviously broken and/or non-working playfield parts.
By definition, route beaters are games that are actually set up on location and accepting coins from the blind and/or desperate--I'm not looking for pics of disaster victims, or exposed playfields that have been rotting in the elements for years, etc. I'm also not meaning to call out and attempt to shame any operators or locations here, and I hope others will also refrain from mentioning any identifying info.
Just post pics of very dramatic examples of route beaters! I'll start with these two beauties, very well-loved back in the day and clearly reflecting their high-mileage status:

PaintOff.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Space Junk.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

DAMN....those are painful to look at.

#6 9 years ago

001.jpg001.jpg

#7 9 years ago

002.jpg002.jpg
003.jpg003.jpg

#8 9 years ago

Whoa. Glad mine looks like thisimage.jpgimage.jpg

#9 9 years ago

It would be very interesting to see the play counters on these games. 30,000 plays?

#10 9 years ago

I'd be interested to see which one of these had the least amount of plays haha

#11 9 years ago

I think I will order new balls for all my games...

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It would be very interesting to see the play counters on these games. 30,000 plays?

I'd guess >100k

#13 9 years ago

Wow that highspeed is almost back to whitewood

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-on-4-legs-the-gallery-of-route-beaters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.