Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2079 4 years ago

I just picked one up cheap and after fixing a few things I got to put some time in it, what a great pin! For sure does not get enough credit. I think it is way better than half the games ranked above it. I rebuilt the ship with new coils and got it 100%. I have a new compass decal. does anyone have experience removing what needs to be removed to get to the compass disk? just wondering if that entire left ramp has to come off first.

#2082 4 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Yes you have to take the left ramp off. Quite the project to tear the top side of this game down.

10-4, thank you. I am noticing that. Just to swap out some bulbs could be a major chore.

#2085 4 years ago

I am going to put the new spinner decal on this weekend and put some new rubbers up there and I should be good to go.

#2087 4 years ago

i bought a new decal from Marco and installed it (without Mylar), and after under 100 games the decal wore right thru to the spinner and made a complete mess of the game. took me hours to strip the top end and clean it all out.
Got another decal and put mylar over it.
Not sure if your supposed to put mylar over it? I dont recall it having mylar on it originally nor see anything about it in the manual.

I assume mylar would be OK, did it still register hits OK? My decal has a rough surface and I am assuming so it will grab the ball some, but mylar will not do that.

#2092 4 years ago

rebuilt ship, new spinner decal with mylar and all new rubber on the compass (makes huge difference). added LEDs, and I should be done now. This is one of the bigger pain in the butt pins I have ever done. reminded me of white water a little, but worse.

1 week later
#2096 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Recently picked up a POTC myself that does the same thing with some shots just rolling back out. Wasn’t sure if you had to spell key to get the ball to lock or not.? So interested in finding out what the proper function of the chest is also.

what I have noticed is if it is a perfect super fast shot it will roll back out, which means it is bouncing back out and beating the gate from closing. The glancing slower shots always get locked.

1 week later
#2110 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I believe he let the decal on the back spinner wear down and it flew all around in the back
That obviously from reading here easier said than done when it comes to cleaning it
Have a decal coming and have reached out for the replacement guard
*edit for spelling

Nice pick up, I just got one for $3600. Great bang for buck. Really fun gameplay.

I had to replace my compass decal also, get all the rubbers ready you will need to replace them. Mine where all chewed up. Also, if the
New decal does not have mylar on it put it on there or within a hundred plays it will be destroyed and all over your game. The one from marco does not come with mylar.

#2123 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Also ,any suggestions on the best LEDs for this?
I want to do white everywhere but I don’t want it to look phony

when I got mine it had been color bombed. I took them all out and put comet white everywhere except red in the compas lights and green on the key lights. Looks much better.

#2125 4 years ago

anyone else preorder a shaker motor for thier POTC ? I did

I did, gonna be awesome

#2129 4 years ago
Quoted from malkneil:

Ordered a new roller microswitch for the chest but have yet to install it. Upon closer inspection it seems the problem is that a fast chest shot will -- I think -- bounce back and go under the gate. I noticed there's a leaf type spring on that gate to make it return faster. Has anyone played with this spring to make it snap back faster to ensure the ball doesn't bounce back through? Also, you would think that even if the ball does bounce back it should/would have tripped the roller switch and at least registered a HEART hit. This seems to be the one nagging issue I have with my table and wondering what the right fix is. Anyone else been up against this?

I think this is pretty normal, everyone I have played does it. When I shoot a laser to the chest it bounces back out about 50% of the time. A slow grazing shot always stays locked in the chest. I might mess with that gate spring this weekend. How hard was it to remove the chest and stuff?

#2131 4 years ago
Quoted from malkneil:

That seems like a pretty unacceptable miss rate -- considering that the HEART super jackpot seems to be the hardest compass point (along with davy jones) to achieve -- given how many times you need to hit the chest to get that award. I have not dabbled with removing the chest yet. There are some exploded views in the manual, but it looks like at best, it will be a minor pain.

what sucks is a beautiful laser beam into the chest bounces right out, but a glancing shot sticks right in there. I might tear mine down this weekend and check that wire gate.

1 month later
#2150 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Would like to powder coat the armor on mine. There are a lot of color matches to work with. Bronze, candy red, gloss black? Anyone done theirs or suggestions welcome too.

some guy just sold one a couple months ago with a reddish orange powder coat that looked really good.

1 week later
#2156 4 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Just installed pinshakers shaker motor - highly recommend - nothing like hitting the ship and having the game shake

I installed mine last weekend. Best upgrade on this game.

#2159 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Is there a thread or post on how to do this. Sounds like a nice addition!

pinshaker sells the kit, takes about 25min to install

1 week later
#2164 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Opted for a raspberry red
[quoted image][quoted image]
Installed the air ball protector and took out ship(sneeze) guard as well. This has to be one of Stern’s best. Very underrated.

looks good, where did you get alt trans?

It is a great game. I added the pinshaker shaker motor a couple weeks ago - highly recommend.

2 months later
#2179 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Got her all fixed up and working 100% minus my save setting issue which looks like it will require sending it to have someone replace my u11 on the MPU.
Really enjoying this game and it looks so good cleaned and LEDed.[quoted image]

Enjoy, I just sold mine and kind of regretting but need the room. It is super fun.

8 months later
#2448 3 years ago

one of these on facebook for $10500 if anyone is interested.

#2451 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

10500 for a Stern POTC, I will sell mine

he said it sold for $10500 and yes its a stern. Carolina pinball for sale forum. I think he is full of poop

#2457 3 years ago
Quoted from AgentX:

No, he did not. And yes, it's being sold at the asking price. I'm not *full* of poop, but I do take regular dumps.
Luckily, Ive got thick enough skin not to be too worried about the know-it-all Price Policing. I know it seemed like a crazy price, and I didn't believe it myself, but a few friends (yes, active pinheads and brick-and-mortar arcade owners in the Southeast) suggested that ours was the nicest example they'd ever seen, and given it's age and very low play count (around 1150), it might fetch a higher price. They suggested that specific selling price; I didn't choose that amount.
I just went with it, like casting a crazy looking lure into an unfamiliar lake. We have hit some major unexpected financial trouble this year (like so many others...fuck COVID) related to medical expenses, employment, etc. Nothing pains me and the wife more that unloading our arcade collection...but, the more we can recoup from these machines, the less we have to take from our 3 boys' college funding.
My initial interested buyer backed out because of the distance and we both hate shipping. I know him from previous posts and he deals with rather expensive, high-end pins. I think he was planning to sell it to someone in Australia, where pickings are apparently very slim and prices are much higher.
New buyer is purchasing for his wife as a surprise anniversary gift. I'm delivering it while they're out of town as a surprise when she gets back.
My personal lesson: Never base my assumptions of *value* on what a handful of keyboard warriors think. There was no harm in asking for a higher-than-typical price. I included OBO on every listing and no one bothered to make any offers that I probably would have gladly taken. The only two potential buyers have been FINE with the value.
Lesson for all of you proud Stern PotC owners...the resale value of your machine may have just gone up!

You should have posted it for sale on pinside at that amazing price. I actually feel like you are doing a disservice to the hobby. If you did sell it for $10500 (2.5 times true value) then you ripped that guy off. I am fine with folks making money but ripping someone off is another story.

#2469 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Totally half the Potc I’ve seen HUO look just as good. Mine is just as good but I have less mods frankly I think too many mods are overkill. Anything over $6k is total rip off but I guess if the guy is loaded he doesn’t mind but totally $5k+ over charged.

my sentiments exactly

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club?tu=woody76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.