Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2886 2 years ago

If anyone in this group is ready to sell their POTC let me know…

#2890 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

I saw your post on facebook as well. I just finished the saga of cleaning mine up so I'm not quite ready to part with it but since you live so close I'll definitely add you to my list, even for a temporary trade. We're in Seattle all the time (kids sports ) so would be easy.

Keep me in mind - I am hoping something will come up - I just parted ways with a Getaway and Johnny Mnemonic and I think I am suffering from withdrawl symptoms. Who would have thought a game with 6K produced would be so hard to get. I see a few come up from time to time and I am talking to people but nothing firm yet. I may have a deal soon - of course paying more then I want. I have to remember that patience is a virtue....

Please let me know PDX is just a hop skip and a jump down the road when it isn't snowing. I used to drive to PDX every month.

2 weeks later
#2917 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Finally getting my machine this week. (It has 15 games on it as it was only unboxed a few months ago to install a sheet of HD glass, side blades and an LCD ColorDMD). While I was waiting for delivery, I saw a handful of additional mods that caught my eye. So I got a set of the target decals and a Pinshaker Premium both from Pinball Life. Got a 3D printed rope rail (to replace sneeze guard) and 3D painted monkey from a pinsider in Italy, and got a plastic PETG targets protector up by the ship to prevent airballs, apparently a thing when I remove the sneeze guard.
One of the other mods was the Davy Jones speaker panel available on Cointaker, and almost bought it, but remembered I still had a blank replacement panel (Stern 525-5515-00) purchased awhile back for a different machine but I had never used it. So, decided to give it a whirl and re-use the panel that would otherwise just sit on the shelf.
I sanded it down to remove all texture, gave it a hand pulled brown 'grain' using rustoleum brown primer and a paper towel, then three coats of Rustoleum Weathered Tan Tint lacquer, which will be followed by applying a cast resin red vinyl lettering "Dead Men Tell No Tales". Paint was $15, Lettering was $15
I wish I had taken pictures of the starting point, but the first picture I saved shows the sanded black panel with the hand-applied grain. Then the next pictures are the various layers of tint applied. The result has a deep rich marine polished feel to it and the lettering (shown in piucture) will be applied in a few days.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work…

#2936 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I sold my POTC and it is getting shipped to Seattle. It's not even gone yet and I already miss it. I'm sure one will be in my gameroom again someday.

Well - it will be loved in its new home!

3 weeks later
#2980 2 years ago

Jumping subjects - I just got my POTC and its super nice (thanks Pinsider - mmuglia), but lacked a ColorDMD. Basically the only thing it lacked...otherwise just about perfect, certainly home use....nice tasteful LED's and mods.

I had both an extra ColorDMD and a PIN2DMD sitting around from games I sold but pulled from the sale because people did not want to pay up for the option.

Strange as this may sound - the Pin2DMD in my opinion looks better. I think the colorizing is good on both but I was impressed on the Pin2DMD, I had this prior in a Fish Tales and the colorizing was OK but this was very good or on par with ColorDMD on POTC. I think my Fish Tales I am restoring now will benefit from the ColorDMD as the colorizing on that game is superior with ColorDMD.

Just passing this along - if you are looking to grab a PIN2DMD for POTC the colorizing is very good and mentioned early in this forum. A great addtion to POTC and cheaper then a ColorDMD of course.

#2986 2 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

I'll be upgrading mine to ColorDMD (LCD or LED) or PIN2DMD. I read that PIN2DMD upgraded to 64 colors in Feb 2021 and POTC was the first game to have it. Below is a link to the video with gameplay at about the 0:46 mark. I wonder if Fish Tales had fewer colors, like 32? Thanks!

On Fish Tales it is not bad - Color DMD is just way better, if it is the original orange or a PIN2DMD on FT of course it is better but it’s not done as well as POTC. I think that is always the issue with PIN2DMD it is who colorized it, I have one in my LW3 and it is also very good. It would be great if someone upgraded it to the 64 colors.

The guy colorizing Last Action Hero has taken colorizing PIN2DMD to another level. His stuff looks amazing…

9 months later
#3414 1 year ago

I got my Tilt Topper - yes it took a long time but worth the wait the quality is unbelievable and it looks great.

Anyone interested in my old one - maybe $80-90 shipped in the USA. The shipping is going to be $20-40 I am sure… just guessing on a fair price.

It’s a nice stainless steel mod with lights etc. I can create a Pinside ad with more pics but I thought I could start here and if someone wants it before I place the ad I can send more pics.

26D73B84-B3F2-43CE-B709-CB9814B7494D (resized).jpeg26D73B84-B3F2-43CE-B709-CB9814B7494D (resized).jpeg8AEB17AA-4C3A-48DA-BF08-BC7A1C51134A (resized).jpeg8AEB17AA-4C3A-48DA-BF08-BC7A1C51134A (resized).jpeg6C65C532-F6AB-4A08-B7FE-75A422AA659B (resized).jpeg6C65C532-F6AB-4A08-B7FE-75A422AA659B (resized).jpeg
#3415 1 year ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I got my Tilt Topper - yes it took a long time but worth the wait the quality is unbelievable and it looks great.
Anyone interested in my old one - maybe $80-90 shipped in the USA. The shipping is going to be $20-40 I am sure… just guessing on a fair price.
It’s a nice stainless steel mod with lights etc. I can create a Pinside ad with more pics but I thought I could start here and if someone wants it before I place the ad I can send more pics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The old one - had been sold - thanks for the interest

#3416 1 year ago

Anyone have interest in a Pin2DMD - I have an extra. I was going to install it in a DE Star Wars but I bought a machine with a color already installed and now I have a spare (and have sold Star Wars already). So it’s brand new…never used.

I may do a Pinside ad just thought I would start here and you can get a Xmas present for yourself.

I currently have a Pin2DMD installed in my Pirates (and LW3) and I can tell you the colorization for Pirates is one of the best colorizations for Pin2DMD. I don’t think you sacrifice anything on this game. Not all colorizations are great and equal to ColorDMD but this one is, they are getting better but this is trouble free and looks good.

It is activated but I cannot sell you the colorization you have to get that on your own and it’s easy to get (I think I paid $25 for it).

Below are pictures of the kit and a sample of what Pin2DMD looks like on my machine.

I can ship USA for $270…

I will probably regret selling this if I pick up some other game but I thought it will sit otherwise for a while …

0E0B484B-5733-4E13-85C6-B3A9622AA452 (resized).jpeg0E0B484B-5733-4E13-85C6-B3A9622AA452 (resized).jpeg85C0C561-59F2-4325-9CB3-34A288572629 (resized).jpeg85C0C561-59F2-4325-9CB3-34A288572629 (resized).jpegA0D3967D-69E0-444B-A31B-20057BF4E7E0 (resized).jpegA0D3967D-69E0-444B-A31B-20057BF4E7E0 (resized).jpegF84FC0A6-9616-4653-A5D9-6F6B7B6C5F50 (resized).jpegF84FC0A6-9616-4653-A5D9-6F6B7B6C5F50 (resized).jpeg
#3417 1 year ago

Made an ad for my Pin2DMD

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Pin2DMD Archived
NOS (New Old Stock) - “It’s new but Pinside makes me say NOS and like I am some kind of business which I am not… I have a brand new Pin2DMD that I was going to put into a machine and the ended up n...”
2022-12-04
Seattle, WA
270 (Firm)
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 107 times
Contributed to Pinside

#3419 1 year ago

Sold - thanks for the interest all - it will work great for ya.

Quoted from wamonkey:

Made an ad for my Pin2DMD

Parts - For Sale

Pin2DMD

New ad!
Archived

NOS (New Old Stock) - “It’s new but Pinside makes me say NOS and like I am some kind of business which I am not…

I have a brand new Pin2DMD that I was going to put into a machine and the ended up n...”

2022-12-04

Seattle, WA

wamonkey

270 (Firm)

Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 107 times

Contributed to Pinside

Re-send feedback invite

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club?tu=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.