• I wish I were a Pirate 60 votes
    23%
  • I have no interest in Pirates 18 votes
    7%
  • I was a Pirate in the past but not at present. 32 votes
    12%

(262 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 518 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fa740f3760c1e7cc46aa9b6a659878ce9b3294e7.jpeg (resized).jpg
DSC_2701 (resized).JPG
DSC_2693 (resized).JPG
20190416_222656 (resized).jpg
538C151E-7512-4693-AAE4-79625D2E1373 (resized).jpeg
DB2D7DEF-5DE8-4EFE-8A2B-6183FF456D87 (resized).jpeg
9D23A815-E036-4E84-8692-E7258EA2C223.jpeg
2DC55E89-197A-4632-B088-0CDF6C5E3702.jpeg
00B04A2A-6015-4459-8548-45C47818F546.jpeg
F4A2A4C0-0724-4A33-8099-EC72AB1C4DC8.jpeg
7B5DFC68-684C-4EAB-ADC4-289B88C5A698.jpeg
BCA69828-AC7E-4AA8-9943-F550996BBDAC.jpeg
5063972D-51DA-4AEA-BCAC-C9C917026D7E.jpeg
1CCF55AF-CC82-4910-BCFF-E802D7914A30.jpeg
6122105F-2500-4DAF-91DA-D17DF8B6B150.jpeg
BBD15423-FC42-4255-800C-FA16E82B7AA7.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I had not seen a club for us pirates, so, I wanted to start a 'crew' of us owners to chime in on PotC. Or anyone, you don't have to be an owner just an admirer or whatnot.

So lets hear your tales as it were. What is you likes or dis-likes of the game? What are your settings, what are your mods? How did you come to admire or own Pirates?

What is your high scores, tips or strategies?

What are you hard luck (just missed it by one shot stories) or your epic battles?

What are your favorite quotes? What is your favorite shots?

etc..

#2 4 years ago

Here is a couple pics of my mostly stock PotC. I have added custom rule cards and a few LEDs for GI and flashers and removed my sneeze guard and added the cool stand-up target stickers http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1861.

Other than that it's stock and looks like new. I bought it new around 8 years ago and it's been like a charm. I have not had one issue with it except a couple of burned out lights and I have changed the rubber one time.

image-753.jpgimage-836.jpg

#4 4 years ago

Bump.

I'd say my favorite thing about the game has to be the Ship/Kraken shots (good thing as you need to hit them enough times) I also like Jack the monkey ramp.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I wish Disney would have allowed real actor voices, or some real call-outs from the movies.

I agree with movie call outs, but I like the voice actors (and if they had used both it would not have sounded good if they were different voices). I think, having a good imitation actor is better than having the real actor but not having good call outs (like on ST where the call outs are not funny or not really convincing even though it was the real actor, it just seems like he phoned it in).

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

One of my favorite Stern titles. I've had mine now for about 2 years. I have to say it's been the most trouble free pin in the collection.

It's my most trouble free pin also (except for the brand new IM and ST which are just as trouble free but also less than a year old).

I know some people might put down this pin, but I think it's very nice and Stern put a lot of effort into it.

My Father-in-law was playing my pins I was showing him IM, AcDc, Tron, ST (etc..) and he had a hard time keeping up. He's 75 years old. But on PotC he was able to see the ball and hit the shots, I think it's an excellent pin for novice older or younger players.

#14 4 years ago

I'm interested in hearing high scores, or if someone ever made it to the end. Sadly my machine I had set on 5 balls for the longest time and still never lit all the compass lights during one game.

Double sadly, I had a guy who was working on my older pins and he was at my house for several days, a couple of times he brought his wife and she managed to top all my scores she's the grand champion on my pin.

Arggggg

Half my problem, is I have so many 'new' games that PotC gets neglected. I was thinking to sell it, but couldn't bring myself to. Glad I made room because I love each and every one of my pins.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

- your jackpot shot to the right of the Chest, is it a somewhat tight fit? I've found a lot of shots rattle a bit in there, and never make it all the way through. I'll try and take some video of it.

I just played a few, the right loop shot is tight, some will rattle around but half will go all the way up circle back and out the same side. You have to hit it in the middle or else it will bounce around especially if it's too far to the right.

Thanks for starting the club!

Do you know bout the super skill shot. Soft plunge to the right flipper and shoot the far left (behind the target) loop for a quick 3M points then the right for 10M super duper skill shot.

I've never hit the super duper skill shot.

Here is the dmd shot of the super duper skill shot. Hit both the left treasure lane for three million then immediately the right treasure lane for super duper 10 million.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from unionrunner:

I removed the sneeze guard and have had no problems.

I never had a stuck ball until I removed the sneeze guard and had two in a row somehow the ball jumps up and got stuck at the ship spotlight on top of and behind the ramp.

Anyone have a solution for this?

Quoted from unionrunner:

I haven't completed it yet - Heart Multi or Jack have been my nemesis to date.

Same with me, I need to work on the right side shots like Heart and Jack, I have found its possible to backhand Jack ramp. Maybe since I'm right handed I don't do as well with the left flipper.

I wish Stern would re-run this as a VE I think it would be a great seller and it does great on route.

#23 4 years ago

My gosh you played for an hour? I can't come close to that my highest game is less than 200million

I need to practice some more that's for sure.

#27 4 years ago

I just have been playing the game more since this is my first 'club' thread that I started. Figured I should dig deeper into the game. I have had the game around for like 7-8 years but never really learned the game I was just hitting the ball around and sinking the ship for the most part.

So, today I was working on the left mini orbit (treasure shot) the one used for the skill shot, and two times in consecutive games, I hit the left mini orbit shot and it went straight over to hit the right mini orbit (from the top) which would be the super duper skill shot. I did it during regular play not during the first few seconds needed for the skill shot. But I can see now the geometry is set up that a brisk shot to the left mini will feed the right mini. If the shot is not brisk enough, it will not make the top right mini and will instead hit the target in front.

One time I was aiming to hit the right mini orbit and it went in the top lane of that shot, it was not my object but it went in fine, probably not an easy shot to aim for but it's funny in pinball how you can hit shots that you never expect to.

Also, I have been aiming more for the right orbit shot to the right of the chest. It's cool how the ball will go in loop around the top and exit back out the same way it came in, this is really cool geometry to the shot and must have took a lot of thought to make it like that.

1 month later
#42 4 years ago

Hope someone can help me out, I get air ball off the stand-ups next to the center shot, ball hops up and gets permanently stuck on top and behind the ramp (just over the center shot) next to the spotlight. It seems there is a nice cut out that captures the ball just over the lane that leads to the ship shot.

I have the sneeze guard removed, is there anything I can do short of replacing the sneeze guard?

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from unionrunner:

If I understand correctly, I remedied the problem on mine (which has the sneeze guard removed) by using my Dremel to open the cut out above the ship shot. The ball then falls back to the playfield before it becomes stuck.

I was thinking about that, but I'm scared to buzz my plastic but it would be a good solution, do you have a picture?

#51 4 years ago
Quoted from unionrunner:

Sorry for the delay in responding! I hope this picture helps. The amount of plastic above the ship shot I removed was minimal, so that even at its narrowest point it is still atleast an inch wide.

IMG_2050.JPG 303 KB

Thanks.

I guess you need to remove the plastic piece to work on it?

2 months later
#59 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I'm enjoying how different the layout is. It's not just your standard fan layout. May not have the best flow but that can be refreshing with so many fan flow pins out there now days.

Yes, my other games are more or less similar layouts 3 Ritchie and 3 Borg so it's nice to have a much different game. I suppose I should branch out with other layouts (I miss my TZ).

One area I enjoy is the Jack ramp. There may be other games with similar close ramps, but I don't know which ones.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm in the club folks as of yesterday! Beautiful 2-owner huo potc.
Question; is the common design of the pin from the heart chest shot to send the ball down the right loop and hit the top of the slinger almost causing a left outlane drain? Besides that, the game is great!

My game always sends the ball to the top of the sling and then to the right flipper. Never outlane. Probably individual variance or maybe a level issue.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

The angles on this game are absolutely GORGEOUS. Has anyone gotten a shot from the left or right treasure 'loop' to float across into the other one? Its flipping mind boggling when it does it, I literally jumped up and down when it happened for me.

Got it once.

#79 4 years ago

I must suck at pinball because I haven't made it to 4 winds yet and I've owned this pin for 8 years

1 month later
#119 4 years ago

Yesterday, I hit both the skill shot ($3million) and Super Duper skill shot ($6 million).

I've made this shot before by accident just during gameplay but never before during the skill shot time allowance. However I only found out there was a skill shot last year.

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Your POTC pays out $6 million for hitting a Super Duper skill shot?
Damn, that's a hell of a lot of quarters!

Damn was doing my taxes so I had $ million dollars on the brain.

2 months later
#131 4 years ago

Have you guys all made it to 4 winds?

I believe I'm always getting stuck on the Davy Jones or Heart Super JP requirement.

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

What exactly do you need to complete the heart jackpot? Is that Heart multi and then all the jackpots?

I'm not quite sure myself. Maybe you need to spell HEART again?

#142 4 years ago

why does it go for $4500 ish?

-it's a great theme, very nice looking game.
-great for beginners, easier to understand the rules, I can explain the rules in 5 minutes unlike LOTR which is very complex.
-great easy toy, ship with the Kraken behind it, the chest does not look cheap.
Plus the ship moves and actually becomes a tricky shot later in the game so it expands the difficulty as you get farther along, it's not just a matter of more hits but the hits become more difficult as ship rocks up and down.
-great sound and dots.
-rules are simple and somewhat repetitive but it would take an epic game to get to the end
-I've thought of selling mine, but to me it's worth every bit of $4500, so unless it was selling for higher there is very little chance for me to sell mine. Stern does not build them as good as they used to and OT me PotC is one of their best built games.
-tons of mods but IMO it looks very good stock, doesn't look like its missing anything.

-I bet you could get a beat up one in the $3's but beautiful HOU games should sell in/around the price of LOTR IMO, maybe a bit under that.

#145 4 years ago

I'll say, my 8 year old PotC looks new, no wear at all. Not even the shooter lane paint!

I finally put a Cliffy in the shooter lane, but it looked like new. I mean my other new Stern like XMLE has minor but real paint wear around the scoop even with a Mantis protector.

Can't speak for other people but my PotC is the most trouble free game I've owned well along with IM and STLE but those are practically new and PotC is 8+ years old.

PotC rules may be simple but so is CFTBL or other higher rated games.

#148 4 years ago

Occasionally my game will release the Port Royal before its completed enough hits on the first try.

#151 4 years ago

I was just looking at the Heart Multiball requirements.

I think you need to spell KEY to open the chest then hit the chest 5x to start Jackpot sequence 5x more to start Heart Multiball then 5x more to collect.

That's a lot of hits to the chest.

Speaking of the chest, it's such a well built toy. When I think of the stock cannon on AcDc and the stock arcade on Tron (both look like .99c items) in comparison the chest is a real treasure. Today it would be a folded piece of plastic (like the cannon in AcDc).

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

hmmm....no wonder I haven't done it.

No kidding.

Davie Jones is a bitch too.

#159 4 years ago

FROM PINBALL NEWS RULES:

Once you have spelled K-E-Y and shoot the chest, it opens to reveal Davy Jones' heart on a bed of gold doubloons some of which spell out H-E-A-R-T, the first letter of which is flashing.

You have to shoot the chest five more times to spell out H-E-A-R-T. When the ball is ejected, all the major shots are lit for jackpots. Jackpots start at 400K rising 25K each time and once lit they remain lit, even between balls.

Collect all, any or none of them and shoot the chest again to add another H-E-A-R-T letter and relight all the jackpot shots. You can just keep shooting the chest but you're missing out on some valuable jackpots on the ramps and lanes.

When you have completed all the H-E-A-R-T letters the chest is now lit for Heart Multiball.

Again all the major shots are flashing for jackpots. You need to keep shooting the chest to collect the Super Jackpot but its value is increased by collecting the lit jackpot shots. When you shoot a flashing shot it becomes solidly lit and no longer scores jackpots. When all jackpots are collected, the shots return to flashing and can be collected again. When you have shot the chest enough times to spell out H-E-A-R-T again the chest then scores the Super Jackpot.

This is worth 2M points or more and relights all the shots but perhaps most importantly gives you your compass feature light for Heart Super Jackpot. You can continue scoring jackpot and super jackpot scores until you are down to only one ball or fewer and of course you can combine them with the Tortuga Multiball for multiplied scores.

#160 4 years ago

Edit

Seems if you set chest to 'Easy' it spots you a couple of letters. Thank God.

2 weeks later
#162 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Joined the club a couple weeks ago! Thanks, Gambit, for a nice game at a fair price. Tricked out and workin' sweet! Lots of fun -- and a favorite with the kids and grandkids. Much "friendlier" than TSPP. Already looking forward to my first shop job on it! (Colors look like crap in photo. LED colors are really cool in person.)

IMG_2747.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Great three game collection.

1 month later
#165 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I just did a full LED conversion looks great
MMR7.jpg

Nice, you sit down when playing?

4 weeks later
#187 3 years ago

Mine is adjacent to Tspp

image.jpg

#193 3 years ago

I'm just a so-so player but I can see it's possible to reach the wizard mode on this game. Just a matter of the Heart super jackpot and/or Davy Jones defeated. I hope to reach the wizard mode soon.

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

It seems that pop bumper shots extend the time, though - is that correct? And there's no way to adjust settings to "easy" for Jack the Monkey. Any advice? The struggle is real, y'all.

Well as said above, you can hit the Jack shot from the right flipper, I don't do it a lot but I've seen my buddy do it. I don't seem to have a big problem with Jack over the other modes (Heart and Davy Jones)

I believe you can defeat the Jack shot best (correct me if I'm wrong) but the best when you are in a multi ball or better yet two MB such as Kraken + Tortuga

2 months later
#235 3 years ago

That's quite a deal!!

2 weeks later
#241 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Hoping to get there someday, I just can't complete the Heart Multi-ball......

Me too. I really need to put in the work (play it more).

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

YOU GUYS! You guys! I made it to Gauntlet of Pirates for the first time tonight!
Yes, it's on all the easiest settings with unlimited extra balls. And it took me four balls to complete the compass. But still! Gauntlet of Pirates, you guys! And I scored nine gauntlet points!

So you got past the 4 winds? I never even got there yet.

2 months later
#276 3 years ago

The other day I was showing a guy PotC at my holiday party, was just trying to go over the rules but got all the way to Davey Jones. Was kind of distracted and whatnot so I'm surprised I got that far but was unable to sink Davey so still have not got to 4-Winds MB but that seems well within reach if I take a bit more time.

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I haven't made it either, usually the heart jackpot gets me.

I finished Heart without even thinking about it, was in Tourtaga and Kraken MB must've started and completed Heart MB and Jack without even trying.

Not a lot of points just $149M

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Heart Multiball is the hardest for me. Just got that three times or so. Davey Jones is not that hard, just keep bashing that ship. The monkey shot can be very frustrating. I never made it to four-winds. It keeps triggering me to get there....

I think there is a setting in the menu that makes starting Heart MB easier (less hits to start) but I think it's on easy default anyway not sure if you have yours set harder.

#292 3 years ago

Bout 3 years ago when I started turning over my collection, sold everything except PotC.

It's a great pin for kids as well as elders, guess you could say good for all ages

When I got new pins, I always thought since it was so long in my collection it would be first to go, but I keep putting it aside and can't bring myself to sell it.

I might go a solid month without ever turning it on, but every time I get back to it its fun. It's not complex but I'll take a lot is shots to get to the end.

It's well built, one of those pins you lift the PF and see they didn't cut too many corners and my pin has been almost flawless so far as mechanical breakdowns. Just the auto plunger has broken once.

It's not the most fun or the most intense or the deepest but it's good across most ratings. Good rules, good toys, good theme, good shots, good art, good call outs and music and sound effects.

It's biggest demerit is how long it plays you need to make a lot of shots seemingly just to get to the wizard mode. Guess that's true of most games but PotC is very simple which is good for beginners but myself I'd rather get to the end modes sooner. Maybe soon I will make it to 4 winds and beyond.

#304 3 years ago

I like it. Cool back glass art also.

3 weeks later
#363 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Ghosting irritates some more than others. Mine doesn't bother me at all but this is a fantastic product for those who want to sort it out

Ghosting is very annoying. Call me crazy but I like to know if an insert is lit or unlit.

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

anybody else have problems with ball going up monkey ramp? ive adjusted and adjusted, do they still make this scoop?

Never had a problem, can even backhand this shot but that's a bit harder shot.

#387 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Is there anything after 4 winds? I've had the game for 2 days now and finally had a chance to play it a decent amount this morning. My first thoughts is I need to set it up a lot harder. I've made it to 4 winds 4 times already today and twice in one game. My settings are giving a pile of extra balls so I'll adjust that which should help, add some pitch and move the outlanes to the widest setting. I really like the shot map on this game and the toys are sterns best.

After 4 Winds is Gauntlet

This is from pinball news

image_(resized).png

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Awesome, thanks for the info. My left orbit switch is not working so I didn't have a chance at Gauntlet. Sounds like it would be really hard to get to even if the orbit was working.

You're probably a very good player. I'm still trying for 4-winds but I don't play that much, that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

#391 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Love it!
It will never happen in my lifetime but still

This is why I like PotC, it's quite simple you don't need to be a Ph.D. to understand the basic rules, beginners can jump right in, but it's long enough to keep good players occupied trying to complete the wizard modes.

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I really like the Davey Jones mode. It's a lot of fun to try to time the shot with the ship constantly moving and 4 balls in play to deal with. the great thing about it is even average players have a chance of getting to it with a little help from the dice. Oddly enough I seem to always have Jack the Monkey left to finish to light 4 winds. It's sort of a dangerous shot so I tend to just avoid it unless it is required for something. That makes the start of 4 winds with JACK flashing to lock in my jackpot scores extra stressfull as I'm just not overly comfortable with that shot.

I think Jack can be completed in multi ball like if you stash a ball in the spinner, start one of the Kraken battles and just forget the Kraken and shoot on the Jack shot.

Someone correct me if you can't start Jack when in a MB like Kraken.

#398 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You are correct, you can advance towards it and start it during a multi ball. I need to focus on completing it during a MB. I tend to only shoot for the ship, the spinning disc, or the chest during MB.

Ok, sometimes I just appears complete so I figure it was done by accident during a good multi ball.

I always choke on Davey Jones mode.

1 week later
#406 3 years ago

Got everything but Davy Jones again.

I think I need to park some balls in Port Royal while I try to take down the ship.

I'm starting to hate Davy Jones.image_(resized).jpeg

#412 3 years ago

My ball kick out from the chest is always top of the sling and then to the right flipper. Very predictable and controlled. Maybe yours isn't kicking out correctly.

#433 3 years ago

Someone bought this over to my holiday party, I thought it would make a cool topper but then I reconsidered having a glass bottle sitting above PF glass subject to violent shaking didn't seem to be a wise idea.image_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#462 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Checking to to say hi and add myself to the club. I picked up a POTC last weekend. A friend put the POTC bug in my ear as it was off my radar, noting the theme, toys, nice art and different play from my other pins. I did some reading and video watching and liked what I saw. When I had a chance to pick up a POTC within driving distance of me I went for it.
I'm in the honeymoon period still but I am super impressed with this pin. I'd say it is notably underrated and flying under the radar. I found it much much better than I was expecting. The tortuga wheel looks weak on videos, but is tons of fun in actual game play. The ship has been described by many as one of the top two pf toys in pinball; I agree . It reminds me of LOTR in game play, slower, longer, more of a story telling approach, lots of unique sound effects. On top of that I find it has lots of shots , a nicely loaded pf with lots of toys and nice art, great toys too, impressive code depth, easy for beginners and satisfying for advanced players, a theme with wide appeal and quite well integrated. My POTC has a lot of LED upgrades and this makes even better imo, a big difference. Bright, clean, colorful. It looks like current machines and that it rolled off the current production floor. I have really enjoyed the newer production pins for code depth and POTC slots in here very well. All the multiball options including a 4 ball multiball is fun. It is also different from the other pins in my collections in that it has a reasonably achievable ball save feature that includes outlane losses. Other nice features include the powder coated cab rails, flipper button guards, etc. The game play really diversifies my collection and I highly recommend a diversity of game play in pin collections.
Great game and great fun. I look forward to reading more in this club thread.

I agree, when I was picking this pin many years ago, the dealer (this was an actual store) had both LotR and PotC new. I was a huge fan of LotR books and movies, but I just never got into LotR pin. I think partly is that the rules of PotC are more straight forward and sinking the ship so easy but getting to 4 Winds (for me) is so hard.

#464 3 years ago

Have you read the rules (I mean guidelines) from Pinball news? Only after I owned the pin a number of years did I discover the super skill shot.

image_(resized).jpeg

#475 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Has anyone changed out flipper coils or anything to make their flippers stronger? My right flipper seems a little weak AMD the tortuga shot regular doesn't make it. Or do I just suck and it had to be a clean shot?

That's a little hard shot, I'd say half or a third don't make it for me. But then some might not be clean shots.

#491 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I've never seen it even close. Does it go across from one flip? If it didn't is there time to shoot the right treasure and collect?

The ball can come out the top of the left mini loop and straight over to the top of the right mini loop. It's happened to me but not during the skill shot time just a random shot.

#500 3 years ago

Dwight Sullivan did PotC also worked on Tspp rules, so I'm hopeful GB turns out as well.

PotC code is not anything fancy or complex like AcDc but it's got great sound effects and funny call outs that's something both Tspp and PotC have and GB likely will too.

1 week later
#560 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

ColorDMD posted the POTC ROM.
Summon the full-color Kraken to your machine !

Make it so.

I think PotC has some of the best dots especially the fire at the match sequence, heck that looks awesome in orange but *really* great in color.

This is Scan mode I believe image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#599 3 years ago

I've got 7 Color DMDs now all but STLE

I'm getting close to the price of a new pin

#621 3 years ago

I removed the guard, dremeled out the flat plastic area behind the ramp. Never had a ball stuck behind or around the ship area.

#634 3 years ago

This is a picture of the ramp above the shot to the ship. The Spotlight on the ship.

A ball hitting the pirate standup targets can get air land past the ramp. There is a flat piece of plastic that is behind the ramp. The ball can get stuck here next to the spotlight. I needed to dremel a hole to let the ball drop to the PF. You can see where the Dremel got away and scuffed up the plastic somewhat.

image_(resized).jpeg

1 month later
#690 3 years ago

Had a great game last night. Got the super duper skill shot for a quick 13M or whatever that's worth, and got almost to 4-winds. Wasn't overall high score but had a lot of good Multiball points.

#692 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Thought I'd share my anti-air ball deflector creation. I just couldn't stand the sneeze guard, and didn't want modify any of the game's plastics. So I thought about it and then realized, "why not solve the root of the problem". So I decided to guard against an air ball where it is mainly caused, the green targets. This mod has been on for around a month with much play (including league), and I can say with certainty that there has not been a single air ball since, and virtually no chance of the ball getting behind the rum ramp. Hope y'all like it.

Great idea, I'm sorry I modified my plastic although it's not that noticible. But I like your solution.

#704 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

There's a lively discussion about ball times and game times over on the LOTR thread. Have you all done anything to make your games harder? I opened up my outlanes and increased the pitch, but POTC was still the bottleneck at my last tournament.
There's nothing inherently wrong with long games, but for a tournament it's better to keep things moving. I probably need to disable the ball save.

Have you taken the outlane posts completely out?

Is there a way to disable extra balls?

No ball save timer?

Tighten up the tilt?

#709 3 years ago

All pirates is just the stand ups. -
The pirates are the six green standup targets dotted around the playfield.

Maybe one is not registering?

here is a good rule sheet.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/potc/index7.html

#711 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Wow I must be new. I forgot to see if the bulb was working.

I just told you how to complete all pirates.

7 months later
#916 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

So, I've got the game running now, put maybe 100 plays on it. I disassembled and cleaned the ship mech while u was rebuilding the playfield. When I first played, the ship would rock side to side after enough hits, like it was on the waves, and now it rocks up really high, enough that i swear I could shoot a ball under. Anyone had this happen on theirs before I go taking the whole ship out to examine?

Only supposed to happen on Davy Jones (final ship).

2 weeks later
#936 2 years ago

I'm just curious, if any of you guys have *not* defeated Davy Jones.

I am not an expert player, but medium good. More lately I have gotten better but I don't play a lot of games. I have got every insert except DJ. Should I just practice sinking the ship and not shoot anything else.

I wonder what is the strategy like trap two balls on one flipper or what? Whenever I trap balls it always leads to grief as I spend too much time getting the balls under control I can't make the shots I need. So usually I just free wheel it with multi balls.

#943 2 years ago

what exactly are the Heart and Tortuga MB rules?

#947 2 years ago

reading the rules now have one question

Collect crew is a Frenzy-type mode where all switches score to add crew members. You need to collect 100 hits to gather a full crew and complete the mode.

is this collect crew time limit and/or does it carry over to the next ball if you don't collect 100 hits on the current ball?

#951 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It ends at 100 switch hits, 30 seconds, or ball drain

but if you don't collect the 100 switches does the light light? If not how can you re qualify it?

#954 2 years ago

I C

So there's no point to the mode in fact, half the lights require little or no effort.

Jack
Heart
Davy Jones
Kraken

Seem to be the only somewhat difficult modes to light.

#957 2 years ago
Quoted from michi:

Yes, half of them happen pretty much by accident. I suspect that was done deliberately, to have something in the machine that appeals to less skilled players. The difficulty of Heart Super jackpot and Davy Jones amply compensate for that though. I think it's a good design: there is fun and challenges for players of all skill levels.
Michi.

Yes inexperience players may get the idea they're making some progress, it's just the few hard bits (really only Heart MB and DJ).

Just played today and got Jack (complete hurry up) twice in the same game.

I need to figure out the stacking and scoring strategy better. IOW the double and triple play field stacking.

#962 2 years ago

I've had some luck backhanding Jack too, one trick is hit the ball with the tip of the right flipper before the ball lands on the flipper kind of like a live catch. You can also backhand Jack on a ball that's on the flipper but that's not easy.

#963 2 years ago
Quoted from michi:

Interesting! For me, Davy Jones is a lot harder than Heart Super jackpot, and Jack is pretty easy.
You can work on Jack by practicing. Every time you have a multi-ball, just forget about everything else but Jack. Shoot in the general direction of Jack and see how it goes. Before long, you'll know where on the left flipper the shot sits, and you'll also learn to adjust for ball speed. (A direct shot from a mostly stationary ball is not in the same spot on the flipper as a shot on the fly from a fast feed from the left inlane.)
It is possible to backhand Jack too. Not easy, but I do it quite often during the ball-save period, where I can afford to drain. The shot is very early on the right flipper for a feed from the right inlane.
Michi.

Got it, so the disc is always help either stash a ball or PF multiple. So either MB can stack?

But did you pre-qualify a MB start a ship then then add the MB?

#969 2 years ago

I just had a gnarly game on my PotC. I got everything except DJ and Heart lit (typical).

I got Heart started once didn't complete and DJ started twice did not complete. I have my game set to give *one* extra ball at 150M in addition to the standard EB awards. And for gosh sake, I got just 149M at the end.

I was noodling around with the Monkey shot and am able to backhand from a stop, about 3/4 the way to the end of the flipper.

#971 2 years ago

if you use ghosting lights you'd need OCD of course. I have some LEDs on the back wall for the disc can see some flicker, otherwise I'm still incandescent except for the flashers/spots.

I did a full LED kit for Tron (non-ghosting kit) didn't use an OCD it looks ok but I think the lights still cut off too sharply. I mean not ghosting but just not as fade in as I'd prefer. I assume PotC would be the same without OCD.

#982 2 years ago

What's the Special award, can I set it to EB?

#984 2 years ago

Thanks

Just added EB award for Special

Also someone said Jack was not that valuable, but at least the first time even if you are not playing for wizard mode, because of the EB award.

#986 2 years ago
Quoted from michi:

EB for Jack?
What are your settings? There is no EB or special for Jack with the factory settings.
Michi.

Jack + Kraken = EB on the compass.

2 weeks later
#998 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Yes, the pirate vallen me yesterday. Starten with ball one, a total disaster. But then ball two....direct four wind multiball! Some great tortuga multiballs and even the heart multiball worked all in my favorite. Finally after two year owning this machine the end game. I came to the third wind. It was crazy.... great game!

Pics or it didn't happen.

#1000 2 years ago

Ah ha

The 1000th post on this thread.

I'm hoping to get to Gauntlet some day before meet Davy Jones.

IMG_1839 (resized).JPG

#1008 2 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Wow on the new POTC trailer. Looks great!
» YouTube video

awesome, I was looking who sung that song it's the incomparable Jonny Cash.

#1011 2 years ago

It's my only game that I did not LED any inserts. I did put LEDs in spots and flasher and back walk though

#1015 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

How are you getting airballs, exactly? I haven't gotten a single one yet, don't see what would do it

Pirate stand up targets.

#1020 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Here's the video. The airball happens around the 35-36 second mark. You can hear my wife react by saying "oh". This was taken right after I had shopped the machine and obviously had not yet created/installed the deflector as the big plastic can be seen. Sorry for the quality. It was taken on an old iPhone and compressed.
» YouTube video

That's right, occasionally ball jumps clear over the rum ramp and gets stuck around the spotlight, before your air ball deflector I drilled out a hole in the plastic allowing the ball to return to play.

1 week later
#1053 2 years ago

How does Parlay work?

#1057 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Go through the hole in the upper playfield enough to spell it, then during single ball play if you drain out the outlane *you'll get it back once*. Each time it gets harder to spell

You'll get what back once?

I forgot, what is the maneuver where you get credit for sinking a ship with one shot, and it says "you cheated"?

#1060 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Eventually it resets progress each ball. Very annoying.

It'll autolaunch a new ball so you can continue your game.

Go down the right lane on the top playfield when the sails are already destroyed and it'll flash the ship for broadside

Cool.

I know the code is not super feel like ACDC but it's got a good bit of little details like this that makes it fun.

#1064 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I know quite a few people that say POTC isn't deep but when I had mine (& im buying another this week hopefully) I have always found the rules to be the perfect depth, most games I won't see everything the game has but those occasional games where everything just shoots right and flows I am in reaching distance. I personally rate POTC rules higher than AC/DC just more fluid and run imo.
When I get my next POTC I will tackle the code in pin browser, the only thing that ever let it down was Stern dropped the ball with the licence a little, abit like TWD but now we have pin browser I can see this POTC going nowhere!

That'd be great, one thing that puts TWD over the top is the audio mods.

2 weeks later
#1103 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

So what is the census of where the ball goes after it comes down from the pops or treasure chest form the right side? I played a few Pirates and hit the rubber at the top of the slings and creates kind of a "danger bounce" from that side, but played a friends game recently and the ball was coming down to the right flipper from that side. I liked that better for control and less randomness.
What goes on with your folks pins?

Mine hits the top of the sling and drops down to the flipper, very predictable.

#1109 2 years ago

To the left or right flipper?
Ok so it looks like Danger bounce rules.

right flipper 90% it'll do this, very safe.

2 weeks later
#1116 2 years ago

I got a fluke great shot today, short plunge - Backhand Jack - Super Skill Shot - Super Duper Skill Shot.

Wish I could have got that on video

#1121 2 years ago

Which one is that again? I have done one skill shot where I shortplunged and hit the short mini loop on the left and the ball flew over to the other mini loop on the right and came down from the top through that one for 10 million. Is that it?

That's it.

I don't worry about drain because of ball save timer. It's only available for a few seconds at the start of each ball.

#1122 2 years ago

I got stuck in Davy Jones pergatory today needed to play him 4-5 times but never defeated.

I never defeatd Kraken early and when I was at DJ still needing K, shots to Kraken didn't do anything to the health meter. Does Kraken get a lot harder to defeat later in the game?

I put up second high score.
IMG_2887 (resized).JPG

#1125 2 years ago
Quoted from michi:

If you are in DJ and haven't defeated the kraken yet, you have to defeat DJ first because, during DJ, the kraken is invincible. I believe you cannot kill the kraken even after you have defeated DJ. (I'd have to verify that with the glass off.)
Once DJ is dead and you are down to one ball, all the ships reset and you start with the first one again. The second time round, the first ship takes 8 (or 10?) hits. Then you can battle the kraken again.
Michi.

Thanks, good to know.

Does Heart SJ get harder the second time around?

1 week later
#1139 2 years ago

Just was looking at my collection history said I've owned PotC for 3500 days now.

#1141 2 years ago

Did you buy it NIB? How much was it back then?

I bought it from a retail seller. I was not aware of NIB shipped to my door sales back then, it was new but had been set up in the store for a short time. At that time I could have got either LOTR or PotC new but I liked PotC better for some reason (couldn't understand the rules of LOTR like I do now).

I can't recall the actual price but probably in the neighborhood of $3900 iirc but included delivery and set up.

2 months later
#1211 2 years ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

I'll also be adding this translight.

nice

1 week later
#1234 2 years ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

The pinball deflector made by MAFFEWL is awesome. I would never own this game without it. Getting rid of the sneeze guard is a must. Thanks William!

Such a nice solution to the airball problem.

1 week later
#1251 1 year ago
Quoted from marmar:

Hello to the group,
I replaced the main ramp as the original was broken on different areas. The new ramp makes a difference visually, only thing I have a problem is that when the ball is shot for play it will bounce hitting the glass. I would have to make sure the plunger is not pulled back all the way. Has anyone had this happen or have any ideas?
Thanks....

It sounds like the ramp is not installed correctly, is the the ramp underneath the guide (above the level) on the right side of the shooter lain?

IMG_3195 (resized).JPG

#1255 1 year ago

Had one good game. My PotC is at my Florida house, so I only play every other month.

I've had the game for 10 years but never got to Four Winds Wizard mode.

I was playing poorly like 30 Million games, and not really feeling it. So I stopped playing, after a break I figured just one more game. I have a lot of trouble getting Heart SJP and have never got Davy Jones lit.

This game, I had everything but Jack, Heart and DJ lit on the first ball. I had qualified Jack twice but kept on timing out, finally Jack and EB on my third attempt (still ball one). Got Heart SJP lit on my second attempt (ball 2-3), 4-5 tries at DJ was not able to defeat.

I have game on 3 ball play, EB at 150M and EB at Special so I think I had 5-6 total balls.

I ended with 4th highest score, only 30M off of the Grand Champion score *which was achieved on 5-ball play* the GC and 1st high score are both held by another player than me, the top 3 scores were from 5-ball play (plus EB).

It turned into Davy Jones repeat x5 at the end. Lucky DJ is not hard to re-qualify. (same with Jack since I started 3 times and Heart MB twice).

I am sure the only way for me to get past DJ is to trap 2-3 balls on the left flipper. But I am not a crazy skilled at playing MB with ball traps.

IMG_3204 (resized).JPGIMG_3203 (resized).JPG

#1256 1 year ago

PotC is surely a long ball time game, those pirate targets are deadly if you are not careful it can end real quick.

3 weeks later
#1270 1 year ago

Wondering how many hits to defeat Davy Jones?

#1273 1 year ago

Curious if he's harder to defeat if you get more EB's or second third attempt etc..

1 week later
#1292 1 year ago
Quoted from michi:

I've started Four Winds a dozen times now, but never finished it. The best I have so far is three of the four winds. It's a lot of shots you need to get through while staying in multi-ball.
Michi.

So if you drain during 4 Winds does that end the mode? Sounds like it does.

I know if I ever get there I'll probably drain in 10 seconds.

#1293 1 year ago
Quoted from Koos:

I don't know how you guys do this. I haven't been able to reach four winds yet even with 5-balls games! (which end up with aprox. 8 balls due to east arrow extra ball, treasures en a specific extra ball score)
Have ony make the super jackpot only once and never defeated Davy Jones yet. My highest score is 142 mil. so I guess I just need to keep practicing...
I do hate outlane drains. A lot of unexpected bounces (slingshots) drain thru the outlines...

I've owned 9-10 years and never defeated DJ

One game I fought DJ 3-4 times.

Be careful to defeat the Kraken before DJ because as Michi told me you can not defeat Kraken while you are playing DJ so all those missed shots don't help.

#1295 1 year ago
Quoted from AJB4:

probably will never happen again

Not true I find once I great past a hurdle it's far easier to do it again, like you know psychologically that it cans be done so there is not a mental block or apprehension like the first time.

#1299 1 year ago

Thanks Michi

Notice you only have Potc, do you ever get tired of it?

Do you have a strategy guide as to how to score big points, tips and tricks for players?

1 month later
#1311 1 year ago

When it's going back into the full return position sometimes need to wiggle it to get it completely down but never is excessive force required.

1 week later
#1375 1 year ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Yay. It is home. Only had a couple of games on it but loving it.

enjoy great title for Color DMD too.

1 week later
#1381 1 year ago

After 10 years of ownership I finally got to 4-winds MB. Didn't do much there, am not sure the rules, need to look that up

I'm bummed to see that once failed the game resets to zero and I'd need to complete everything to get back.

I went into the setting and saw that the game was set up easy/extra easy in some regards so I tightened that up a little bit.

IMG_3358 (resized).JPG

#1383 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

rai what do mean the game resest to zero?

Sorry, I mean your progression starts back to zero (lit) so the compassion needs to be relit completely.

#1385 1 year ago

At the end of multi ball (4-Winds) the compass is reset.

There is no setting to carry over the MB to the next ball.

#1387 1 year ago
Quoted from gcmess:

Someone else can chime in here but I think your progress on the 4 wind mb is saved but you do have to go thru the compass again to get back to that mb....true?

That's what it says on Pinball news, it keeps progress in the 4-Winds mode, fine but getting back though all the compass is another 15 minutes if I'm lucky.

I've completed the compass once *ever* so doing it twice in one game may be impossible for me.

Some games like IM or Tron I believe can continue a mini wizard mode after a ball drain.

1 week later
#1414 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

But they have changed price, at least temporarily. I've been following it because I have mine listed. I saw 1 for 4750, 1 for 4800, 2 for 5k. Nothing wrong with them either.
Even if it is a new potc, the only reason I could see the price dropping is because fewer people may want two games of the same theme. But if they are totally different pins people may want to collect both.

I see Spider-man has also gone down in price. I mean there was a BSM couldn't sell for $6K

I paid $4800 for a red SM sold it for $5K. I paid $5K for another SM. But the one I sold at $5K just re-sold for $4800 and it had like $500 in mods added since I sold it.

I'm just saying all the decent - good Stern pro (or pre-premium) may be selling for $4600 or less going forward. There has been a lot of new pinball games out in the last 5 years.

Edit maybe a real nice LotR will sell for $5K+

Also mods like Color DMD may bring the price of PotC or SM above $5K (but may not).

I think when Stern brings out Tron VE even if it's priced at $6400 it'll lower all the existing Tron prices because there will no longer be the un-met demand for Tron. Once there is lower demand the price of Tron will probably settle around whatever Met pro, TWD pro etc,, sells for (plus mods).

1 week later
#1426 1 year ago

Anyone getting a JJPOTC?

#1443 1 year ago

XMLE the spinning disk was active only occasionally so it was not much of a factor, I haven’t watched much of the videos on JJPOTC so don’t know how often the disks are active, if it’s a lot that could be a problem anticipating the balls return to the flippers.

#1453 1 year ago
Quoted from michi:

Yes. After launching the ball, you have a few seconds to shoot the left side lane behind the treasure stand-up target for three million. The yellow areaw in front of it flashes for the duration.
There is also a super duper skill shot. You need to short plunge and shoot the left side lane at just the right speed to make the ball shoot out of the top of the side lane and arc across the playfield to go into the right side lane behind the right treasure stand-up target. That shot is worth 13 million (3 + 10 million). I've managed to do that exactly once so far, by accident.
As a matter of strategy, neither skill shot is worth going for. Too dangerous. You are better off shooting the ball into Tortuga.

I've done Super-Duper skill shot at least a dozen times.

I have a 7-8 second ball save times there is not any danger. Once you get the hang of making the skill shot it will naturally go across to the other side probably 10-20% of the time.

#1457 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Yes, Short plunge, from the right flipper to left treasure lane. Super Duper skill shot 20 million.

Actually super skill shot is 3M and super duper is 10M

This is not my video and unfortunately it does not show the actual gameplay.

1 week later
#1509 1 year ago

I’d like to get a discussion regarding how you owners play the game? Now that I have had mine 10 years I’ve seen most of it, except the wizard modes. I did reach 4 Winds mode finally, but I’m curious if you guys do anything different such as change the difficulty settings or play modes differently.

I’d like to concentrate more on stacking but I’d like to hear some advice usually I’ll just try to start Tortuga before or during the Kraken MB but I’ve never tried to super stack all the MB.

Is it better to play the MB modes separately or to try to stack everything together?

After I reached 4 Winds I looked at my settings and everything was set on easy or extra easy. I kept most of the settings there because it’s hard enough for me to reach 4 Winds. I also have 2 points based extra balls one at 125M and one at 250M (the second one is just out of reach).

One thing I tend to do while not like it’s for major points is that if Jack the monkey hurry up is running I’ll shoot for it because I just like hurry ups in general and also like the monkey ramp shot.

I’ve been shooting for the Super Skill more often too.

2 weeks later
#1550 1 year ago
Quoted from Koos:

Nice! I'm still wondering if it's worth the extra money. It's quite a hefty price for something that doesn't improve gameplay and something I don't look at that much while playing. Let me know what your thoughts are!
By the way LED or LCD? I've only seen LCD's in real life and the backlight annoyed me when looking at it from the sides. Also the brightness of the colored dots seemed way lower then a regular DMD. These issues seems to be solved with LED though.

All my pins have Color DMD LCD x9 pins so it is expensive but I can’t go back to orange dots.

Potc I use Scan or Hi-Res mode looks good to me.

I’m not sure about the color led, might be good if you prefer dots.

It just depends on if you want to spend $420 extra. But to me it’s great, brings now life to an old pin.

1 week later
#1577 1 year ago
Quoted from stoptap:

The Roll The Dice shot ?

Yes Extra Ball shot.

That’s too bad you got so far without seeing the mode.

3 weeks later
#1611 1 year ago

Pics or it didn’t happened.

Quoted from Bendit:

I just joined the club!

4E214E18-B7FC-444D-8A50-394CE06F2D7C (resized).jpeg

#1621 1 year ago
Quoted from jorro:

The game contains a secret credits sequence accessed by a special flipper button combination. You can activate it during attract mode with the following flipper button code where 7L means hit the left flipper button 7 times, 1R means hit the right flipper button once and B means hit both flipper buttons together:
B, 7L, 1R, 1L, 1R, 13L, 1R, 1R
from pinball news, somewhere naar the end of age.
Nice artikel btw.
https://www.pinballnews.com/games/potc/index7.html

Keith Johnson is credited with the super wizard mode.

#1638 1 year ago
Quoted from Bendit:

How does POTC sound with a pinnovators board? (for subwoofer or additional audio amplifier)

I’m just one person, but I tried out pinnovators board for my pins, found it to be NO better than just banana clip to the subwoofer terminal with speaker wire. I’d not waste any money on pinnovators boards.

3 weeks later
#1688 1 year ago

Great game for beginners. Challenging for good players but does become chopping wood to get to the Wizard mode, but fun chopping wood.

1 month later
2 weeks later
#1710 1 year ago

Straight trade for Met or TWD pro

3 weeks later
#1746 1 year ago
Quoted from Koos:

In my opinion you went a little overboard with the blues but to each it's own right?
But I do agree that warm white suit this game. Me myself went for sunset white from Comet. It's a white in between of warm and cool white. I used warm white for the spotlights at the ship and I only added some ice blue in the back below the ship and ramps.
In about a week someone will be picking up my POTC and it's time for something different. So I'm afraid I have to leave this club soon or otherwise I'd be keelhauled.

Have you made it to Gauntlet?

2 weeks later
#1781 1 year ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

FS and JY are gone. POTC remains. To me, it's a great game for what it offers, especially at its price.

I’ve owned Potc for at least 10 years and still love to play it’s, certainly deep enough and fun getting the compass lights, invariably I’ll get stuck on one or two.

I’m still impressed with the quality of the toys (ship and chest) and the Jack is a different type of ramp.

#1798 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well now JJPOTC isn’t grabbing me as much as it was prior to the removal of the 3 ring spinner and mechanical chest, I am looking for a POTC once again to add back into the lineup.
Can current owners remind me how much does the game draw/pull from the movies? It’s been years since I owned my original POTC but I loved it which is why I want it back, but I may find a beat up one and do a custom restore.

Don’t think any quotes from the movies.

It’s more like TWD meaning has themes and locations from the first 3 movies (I think), no movie clips either.

Notably Kraken, Jack the monkey, Tortaga and Port Royal and Heart in the chest and the various ships.

It’s not like LotR where there are direct quotes and names of the movies it’s more like TSPP where it’s just the places and situations in general of PotC but not really a direct copy from the movies.

3 weeks later
#1823 1 year ago

000E48D7-53EC-41BB-83AA-5BACBCEE4AA1 (resized).pngB0F60742-7261-4B93-8394-489AD8CEC8AA (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1834 1 year ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

I guess I'll chime in here... got pirates 2 years ago, new in box from some dude that had a bunch of NIB pins sitting in storage. I'd say it gets the most play in our collection but it still looks brand new.
Coin Taker LED kit and a few toys:
http://4130-products.com/pinball/index.php/cheap-toys-for-pirates/

» YouTube video

Awesome!!

3 months later
#1908 9 months ago
Quoted from Finisher604:

Just purchased our 1st Pin and happy we decided on POTC... People who say its to easy are mistaken. Its got its difficulties that's for sure its also a great family game as the kids 6 and 10 can get in on the action.

It’s not easy, I’ve got to the wizard mode once in 10 years.

#1917 9 months ago
Quoted from IceMaster:

Picked up an HUO Pirates a few weeks ago and did a full shop and added the airball protecter. My intention was to trade or sell it right away but I’m really liking it. My first game was a Black Rose and this feels like a more modern version. Does anybody else have wear in their shooter lane?
[quoted image]

I don’t have any shooter lane wear not a bit had for 7 years before I decided to put a cliffy just in case, but these seem to have strong paint/clear coat. But I don’t have a ton of plays on the machine.

#1918 9 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

Just picked up this mint condition huo POTC. We used to have one at the local pinball spot, unfortunately the owner sold it. Found this one local too

See if you can find an air ball protector if you don’t have already.

Great family pin. I’ve said before but great for novice players old or young because it’s got some easy shots like the ship and the compass which complete a lot of the goals but it’s also got the few odd challenges like Davie Jones and Heart Multiball and even Jack shot can be pesky.

There’s even the Kraken which seems easy enough but you have to make sure to collect it early because it gets harder as you go along and impossible to collect during Davie Jones mode.

3 months later
#2009 6 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Your game is looking sweet. Wished I had a ColorDMD.

You should get the Color DMD if you enjoy PotC you will really love the color.

1 week later
#2020 5 months ago

I’ve owned the pin for more than 10 years and I’m still hearing new quotes.

I just found out if I hit a flipper button when I turn the machine on it’ll give me a quote.

One was:

“Always have a trick up your sleeve”

Another was:

“I once loved a girl named xxxxx”

I can’t remember what the name was.

1 month later
#2026 4 months ago

I wanted to make sure that I follow the rules (guidelines) so was reading the rules again on Pinball news.

Seems like catch the wind is just light the opposite lane for points. However it says something different on the PF says lights left arrow which I was trying to figure out. I suppose more correct would be to say lights left or right lane.

I’m not sure what exactly lights the catch the wind light either, this explanation is not correct.

510077F9-8392-4C92-BA3E-0E0DB7B88FF5 (resized).jpeg47E351FC-AE3F-46F9-B92E-30BC0C41541F (resized).jpeg

#2027 4 months ago

Yesterday I got “super duper skill shot” two times in the span of 4 balls played. Not to shabby for 13M points each.

I’m still short of the wizard mode only reached it one time. Get hung up on the East compass one or the other, it really sucks to know that if you drain you need to complete the compass again to get back which would be impossible for me.

#2030 4 months ago
Quoted from michi:

I thought "Catch the wind" lights the opposite orbit? Shoot right orbit from left flipper after a left inlane, and vice versa. I'm not totally sure though and I can't check right now—my machine is at a friend's place; we did a swap for a few months.

That makes sense nothing to go out of you way for but I do hit them by accident occasionally and points are points.

#2033 4 months ago
Quoted from VZSpyder:

Just FYI 'catch the wind' gives the current jackpot value

That can be a good bit of booty.

2 weeks later
#2039 4 months ago
Quoted from ababapanos:

thanks for help . I updated the system in V.60 and system 1.38 but nothing. the problem ισ still does not save the settings
scores saved normally...

Might want to post in the general technical forum will get more eyes.

2 weeks later
#2053 3 months ago
Quoted from BroncoBob:

Are any of you guys interested in a HEP POTC playfield that is new/never installed?
Here is the link - let me know - thanks, Bob
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/44861

Nice.

1 month later
#2060 64 days ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Quiet here. Hope your all enjoying the Stern's POTC. A good player friend recently beat Davy Jones which is pretty impressive imo. Who here has done that?

I have done in (just once) and that was quite a rush but I crumbled fast during 4 winds Multiball.

Quoted from dzoomer:

very rewarding. This pin screams for ColorDMD.

Color DMD is a must, brings the pin to life.

My favorite mode is Jack the monkey hurry up.

1 month later
#2072 11 days ago

Have you guys been able to backhand the Jack ramp? I can do it now and then, last time was immediately after the hurry up started.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball