Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballtilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#989 7 years ago

Does anyone have the pinball bulbs potc led kit? I'm considering one for my machine and wanted to see what others thought of it

#990 7 years ago

Also, I joined the club last weekend with a trade.

20170123_200543 (resized).jpg20170123_200543 (resized).jpg

#992 7 years ago
Quoted from Crazypins:

I just became a member of the club. I noticed that my machine has an English and French version on it. I would like to put it back to the English version only and Sterns site does not have that available. Contacted stern - guy wasn't too helpful just said don't have it sorry. Can anyone send me the current English file for this game. Thanks in advance. Just a note as well. I'm getting a new CPU / Soundboard for the machine. Am I going to need anything other than the new code? Are there any other files that can be added to make the game better? USB update in these newer machine seems like a really nice idea to change things up a little.

I believe you can turn that off in the settings. I had to do that as mine came up with the French option first time too

1 month later
#1120 7 years ago

Anyone have a pinball browser bin file for pirates? Please private message me if you do. Or a Dropbox with the sounds and a macro file. Thanks!

1 month later
#1157 6 years ago

Just finished the led makeover. Thanks to pinsider DaveD for the kit instructions. Next up is led backbox, undercab, and speaker lights.

20170423_124013 (resized).jpg20170423_124013 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1182 6 years ago

Here is my pirates with the backbox and undercab lighting I built. Also has flashers that interact with gameplay and an electrical mod to go dark when it should.

pirates leds (resized).jpgpirates leds (resized).jpg

2 months later
#1269 6 years ago

Just put up 337 million. Normal settings with 3 extra balls. All I had left was Davy Jones and although I attempted the battle on ball 2 and many times after, I could not defeat him. Grand champ score needless to say. Took a picture after my massive ball 1.

Found out that you go can for a broadside without destroying the sails to get back to Davy jones, very helpful.

20170720_215859 (resized).jpg20170720_215859 (resized).jpg

#1271 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Wondering how many hits to defeat Davy Jones?

It seemed like an impossible number, haha. I looked with one ball left a couple times and he was still at 3/4 life. I did get a ball stuck under the ship as it was trying to raise back up in that mode, so that was a first. Not sure if he regenerates too like the kraken

2 months later
#1378 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Thanks chaps. Yes it will get a ColorDMD at some point. They are very expensive over here though.

They're very expensive here too, haha. I like the leds under the pirates logo in the compass. Is that just cool white?

2 weeks later
#1408 6 years ago

Have you guys noticed all the the price wars on potc? I'm seeing them get priced as low as 4750. Most likely they think the new jjp is potc and it will negatively affect the stern potc value.

#1413 6 years ago
Quoted from michi:

I very much doubt that the price of a POTC will change just because JJP are bringing out another pin based on the same franchise. After all, they are totally different pins and separated by eleven years.
It's like saying that the price of a 2006 Ford will change because General Motors have released a new model in 2017 that also has a sunroof and a central tail pipe…

But they have changed price, at least temporarily. I've been following it because I have mine listed. I saw 1 for 4750, 1 for 4800, 2 for 5k. Nothing wrong with them either.

Even if it is a new potc, the only reason I could see the price dropping is because fewer people may want two games of the same theme. But if they are totally different pins people may want to collect both.

1 week later
#1428 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone getting a JJPOTC?

For the price I would rather have a potc and lotr

#1431 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone ever replace thier right main ramp that also goes to left inlane? I’m replacing it for a friend and wondered if there was anything in particular to watch out for. Thx

Make sure when reinstalling it that it isn't sticking out in to the shooter lane. Will quickly break if it isn't in its slot

#1437 6 years ago
Quoted from michi:

Any suggestions for how to actually do that? I don't have any cracks yet, but I'd like to make sure that I won't get any in the future.

Don't short plunge, lol

#1440 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Will the Stern Pirates become the lesser, poorer cousin once the Jersey Jack Pirates pin is released? Kind of like the Data East Simpson’s.

People here are biased, so you're rather trolling or want to be lied to. I admit I am cheap, but I don't think so because pirates is half the cost of jjpotc and definately not half the game. If money were no object then jjpotc is probably going to have more appeal than potc. Remains to be seen if it's as fun or suffers from the other jjp issues

#1475 6 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Real nice HUO Pirates available which is located just outside Pittsburgh. Check the market place if anyone is looking.

You posted this in a potc MEMBERS club? This desperate look isn't helping the sale imo. If I were looking for a potc, I would wonder why yours isn't selling and probably really low ball you.

#1483 6 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I posted in here in case people that didn't own one were perusing the thread.......kind of like you smart guy. Looks like you don't currently own one, unless your collection isn't up to date. Also, lowballing will get you nowhere. Lots of great information in this thread and if someone was thinking of buying one, they would probably try to find out as much as they can about the game they are buying. No better place to look than the members club discussing all aspects of the game.

I browse this thread because I just sold mine and still would like to help. You missed the point of my comment though and I’m not surprised given your attacks on others in your now 2 page for sale thread for similar comments.

Can’t blame you for trying to sell it, I just think you look desperate posting in here and bumping your thread multiple times a day.

#1487 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Bah. Give him a break. Any activity on a 10 years old game club is good. Stoptap makes me laugh

Yep, I'm done. Thought about it and who am I to police someone. Back to the pirates

1 week later
#1530 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Finally finished my own custom topper! I found a much easier way to make it interactive. It features a much needed mute button and It now triggers when the GI turns off during certain events like ship attack, chest and extra ball. And I think it looks nice stationary as well.
I'm very happy with the result! What do you guys think?
» YouTube video

That's incredible. Good work

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 218.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballtilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club?tu=pinballtilt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.