Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 9 years ago

I'll hopefully be getting a HUO POTC this weekend

For those that own the game what does changing the games difficulty options to hard and extra hard do?

Thanks

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

No need to change any settings. It's plenty hard to reach 4 winds or gauntlet on default settings. You may want to increase the pitch or open the outlanes if ball times are too long. Although getting to 4 winds or gauntlet takes a long game anyway. Keep it on default settings when you get it, then make adjustments later if needed.

Awesome. It sounds like the rules are pretty deep in this game which is great to hear. I'm picking mine up in a couple hours!

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Congrats Panzer...
I think you're gonna like it.

It's awesome! I got it home yesterday and wow what a fun game. I'm very impressed by all of the interactive toys and features on this game. The game just looks slick too with its beautiful art design and attention to detail throughout the game. My wife is really impressed as well with the game which is always a plus

Yup, I've already started to order mods, haha.

Ordered a bunch of mods from Back Alley Creations including the Davy Jones speaker panel
Flipper Fidelity speaker with 10" subwoofer kit
LED ship mod

I also have some brass pinballs from years ago that I intended to use in a LOTR I once owned. They didn't work on LOTR due to not being recognized by the games magnet but I think they will work in Pirates.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 months later
#99 9 years ago

I've had my POTC for a couple months now and it's sure one heck of an awesome pin. At first I thought it was a little slow which was due to playing your typical right ramp left ramp games so much. However, after a while I learned to appreciate the games layout and now enjoy playing it all as it's different then anything else in my collection.

I ended up buying a POTC after dropping out of my Hobbit pre-order due to Smaug not interacting with the ball and not being a fan of so many drop targets. I find the ship in POTC to be one of the most interactive toys in pinball. The compass toy and chest toy are also cool with both interacting with the ball.

Oh, I did install a Flipper Fidelity speaker kit with 10" sub on my game. I can definitely tell a noticeable difference in clarity and of course bass response in the game.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

Anyone know a good powder coater? I want to do a set of armor to look like cannon metal, kind of pot marked dull black.
Thanks

I would check if Alex (Pinchroma on here) is still doing powder coats. He did the powder coats for WOZECLE and did an incredible job. He outlined his process on here maybe 6 months or so ago and it is very detailed.

Heres the thread from Pinchroma regarding taking powder coating orders

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opening-the-flood-gates-powder-coating

2 years later
#1449 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I see it has a ton of support on the forum, but I don't get it from looking at the videos. That's weird for me because I really like JJP pins. This one just seems "meh". I especially don't like that there aren't any Jack Sparrow call-outs. Just Gibbs. Doesn't do it for me.

I like everything about the game except for the lack of original voices from the films actors. Same goes for video clips not being able to show the actors faces. The Jack Sparrow character played by Johnny Depp makes the Pirates films.

It's awesome that JJP got Kevin McNally for custom Gibbs callouts but if that's the only voice heard in the game its going to get old quick. Stern was able to get a pretty spot on Johnny Depp sound a like for their game. It would have been great if JJP hired him to do callouts along with Kevin McNally and then have lines recorded that play off one another to create some comedy that the movies pull off.

There's a lot of comedy in the Pirates films, good or bad, that is from Jack Sparrow. Without that characters lines in the game it will lack the comedic part of the films universe. Still, the game has so much going for it that I think we need to give it a fair shot and see how the code changes / expands the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 218.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.