Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otrchief.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1267 6 years ago

If you converted to LEDs what color General Illumination did you use? Warm White? Cool White? Blue? Green? I plan to use Tilt Graphics Game Blades. Thanks for your help.

POTC Game Blades (resized).jpgPOTC Game Blades (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1278 6 years ago

Any tips or things I should watch for when removing the main ramp?

1 year later
#1933 5 years ago

How often should the CR2430 battery be changed

1 year later
#2166 4 years ago

I removed the ship from my POTC yesterday in order to install the cannon led mod. Initially I connected to the wrong flasher (back middle) but I corrected my mistake and connected to the ship flasher. I also have a shaker motor which runs off the ship flasher and the spinning disk flasher. This worked fine both before and after the cannon mod. After reinstalling the ship I had several problems. Initially the sails on all the ships would drop after 1 hit, (sinking the ship took the correct number of hits) and the spinner would light the timer after 1 or 2 lights lit. After several plays the sails problem seemed to correct itself, but now the spinning disk is completed without entering this part of the playfield. Points are now continuously scored without hitting anything. Looking at the active switch menu does not indicate any wrong switches closed. Any suggestions on where I start looking to correct this problem?

#2168 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Remove and reinstall the connectors on the opto board. I had a problem with it awarding hits to the ship after connecting shaker. Once I did this it cleared it right up. Might not be it but worth a try.

Thank you for your suggestion. My problem ended up being that the Tortega exit opto was blocked alligator clip that I used to install an extra green light several years ago. It must have moved due to all of the raising and lowering of the playfield.

A suggestion when working under the playfield; I use Pinball Universe Protectors to protect the inside side art during the many times I raise and lower the playfield. I found it interesting that Stern uses similar protectors when assembling and testing games.

Ship Cannon LED Mod11 (resized).JPGShip Cannon LED Mod11 (resized).JPG
10 months later
#2433 3 years ago

Does anyone who painted the back of the heart in the chest have a picture showing how much white paint they used? I would also like to see a picture of the heart being illuminated after this mod. Thanks.

#2443 3 years ago

Thanks for everyone's suggestion on using 3 or 4 layers of parchment paper. I used 3 layers. Before & after and doing the mod pictures.

POTC Heart Mod02 (resized).JPGPOTC Heart Mod02 (resized).JPGPOTC Heart Mod03 (resized).JPGPOTC Heart Mod03 (resized).JPGPOTC Heart Mod05 (resized).JPGPOTC Heart Mod05 (resized).JPGPOTC Heart Mod07a (resized).JPGPOTC Heart Mod07a (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#2476 3 years ago

I added BriteRings to the Pop Bumper Caps. These glue to the bottom of the caps. The bottom LEDs light up that area of the playfield. Since you have to move the ramp to install several of them if you choose to do it make sure you use lots of drops of super glue.

P1020230 (resized).JPGP1020230 (resized).JPGPOTC Final02 (resized).JPGPOTC Final02 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#2486 3 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

Just my opinion but if you go LED donthe GI in White as it’s much easier to see the ball.

I used a lot of cool white in my GI but used yellow under the slings and blue in the lower left because they fit the surrounding colors. I started with white under the slings but really like the change to yellow which I saw on a game at Pinball Expo.

2 weeks later
#2496 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

You can loose the sneezeguard especially in a home environment only.

Play it safe and add Maffewl's PotC Airball Deflector

1 month later
#2532 3 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

Is there any good option for a shaker motor for POTC?

Pinshakers makes kits which Pinball Life sells. I have a version 1 kit in my POTC which shakes when the disk is spinning and when the ship is hit.

1 year later
#2914 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Made a small amount of the ship cannon led mods again. Posted in the market place.

This is a great mod; it takes some time to install but the directions are good.

3 months later
#3132 1 year ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

Can anyone tell me where this missing lamp (#47 Tortuga) should be?

It's on the playfield (yellow lens) below the Port Royal light (red lens) and above the Timed Lock light (green lens). It is lit after the timed lock releases the ball(s) and you have multi-ball.

4 weeks later
#3203 1 year ago

If you are using the Disney 2006 Zizzle Pirates of the Caribbean Talking Skull as a topper or part of a topper, how are you wiring it to have the eyes light up?

POTC Topper Part (resized).jpgPOTC Topper Part (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#3212 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

This will help. I posted some instructions on my blog

Thank you! Your instructions are very helpful.

#3226 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

Well, it's home and set up. Game seems to play great.

Enjoy your game, POTC is lots of fun. If it still has the sneezeguard get Maffewl's PotC Airball Deflector to replace it. Another easy worthwhile mod is to use 3 or 4 layers of parchment paper under the heart letters to make them stand out when lit. See post 2443 for a better explanation.

3 weeks later
#3274 1 year ago

I finished making my POTC Topper. It has red flashers in the eyes and orange flashers pointing down. They flash when the pop bumpers are activated, when you get an extra ball and when you sink a ship. I’m not sure if I like the orange flashers and I may just remove them.

I wish to thank MT45 message #3209 who provided instructions on how to make this topper. I used a 15" ships wheel which is readily available on EBay rather the one from England which is hard to find.

Snap2 (resized).jpgSnap2 (resized).jpgSnap1 (resized).jpgSnap1 (resized).jpg01 (resized).jpg01 (resized).jpgIMG_1815 (resized).JPGIMG_1815 (resized).JPGIMG_1810 (resized).JPGIMG_1810 (resized).JPGIMG_1813 (resized).JPGIMG_1813 (resized).JPG
#3287 1 year ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Q: I'm guessing that you guy's that are now using Led's on your Pirates playfield and GI are also using LED OCD?

I used non ghosting Leds from Pinball Life in the inserts and standard Leds for GI. For GI I used frosted cool white bulbs except for by the kickers where I used frosted yellow. I have used Leds from Coin Taker, Pinball Life & Comet and have been happy with all of them. If you are changing the GI to Leds consider changing to colored rubber rings at the same time.

2 months later
#3333 1 year ago

I ordered DMDSkins™ Speaker Panel Overlays from Retro Refurbs for WOC, POTC, & Monopoly. These vinyl overlays are nice art additions to what should have been included when the games were manufactured. I suggested this type of product to the US game blade manufacturers several years ago, but they did not respond.

POTC DMD03 (resized).jpgPOTC DMD03 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#3337 1 year ago

My highest scores have always been when I have had multiple balls with high bonus multipliers (30X & up).

4 months later
#3511 1 year ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

I'd like to share with you the gallery of all the mods I've made for my POTC pinball!

Where did you get your Jack the Monkey?

9 months later
#3715 4 months ago
Quoted from adamtoth:

1. I got the Disney talking skull topper. Have seen some posts showing hooking it up to the GI lights so it kind of animates with the lighting. Anyone have instructions on that?

See MT45 post 3209 & my post 3274.

#3716 4 months ago
Quoted from adamtoth:

I reached out to weirmods for the ship cannon led mod, but all the parts are gone. I'd love to DIY. If anyone has done this mod, do you have any pictures of it before installation or know which parts were used?

Message me your Email and I will send the instructions I received with the mod.

2 months later
#3768 32 days ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

One of the best parts of going to Texas Pinball Festival is visiting old friends. And this year I picked up my long awaited Back Alley Kraken

Please post a picture once you have it installed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otrchief.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club?tu=otrchief and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.