Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metalkatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3443 1 year ago

New to the club!! Looking forward to seeing all the mods you others have done.

95A10B4D-EDDD-4A55-8DE7-A664DA160065 (resized).jpeg95A10B4D-EDDD-4A55-8DE7-A664DA160065 (resized).jpeg
#3457 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

I've done a bunch of mods to my machine like many others here have. I've posted a bunch of pics for you. My favorite mod is the leds in the ship cannons. (I also painted the cannons black). Others are:
LED's throughout
ColorDMD
Barrel spotlight covers
Speaker panel plastic
Cannon over shooter lane
Color changing flipper buttons (red and yellow)
Lockdown bar coins
Coin shooter rod
Tournament button relocation kit
Pinnovators headphone/cabinet volume kit
External subwoofer
Speaker lights and skull/crossbone inserts
Plank for "Walk the Plank"
Treasure chest
Rum barrels in sand
Jack Sparrow figure
Flipper bat covers (gold coins)
LED lighting strip in apron ball trough
Mirror side blades
Tilt topper LED topper
"Pirates Ye Be Warned" sign
"Dead Men Tell No Tales" sign
Airball preventer in front of ship
I may have missed something but that is pretty much everything I have.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!! Where do you get those speaker covers with the skull and crossbones? I like those

#3462 1 year ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I got mine from Doug when I got the speaker light kit.
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

Awesome…thank you so much!!

#3473 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Finally got my power supply in. All mods are now running of a dedicated 12v / 5v power supply. Also installed a little DIY amp . Can't say enough about these kits, they are awesome. ArcadeUpkeep [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like that idea. I need to do that to my Judge Dredd. I see you tapped into the AC voltage and ran out to the power supply. What’s the black unit you ran to next?

#3476 1 year ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Finished my project last part of restoration video.

And pics of result
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great!!!

1 week later
#3481 1 year ago
Quoted from Knotatwork:

Hey all, I have noticed a recurring issue that I can’t seem to nail down. I’m getting double fed balls sometimes even sometimes between balls it will load another ball in the launcher. Also random multi balls.
Thoughts?

Switch test and check your trough switches without the balls in the trough. That’s where I would start first.

#3490 1 year ago

I have a question for all of you that installed LED bulbs in your inserts…I just put non-ghosting in all my playfield inserts and I’m getting some weird subtle flickering from some of them, especially on the compass area. Any of you experienced this?

#3496 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

"I just put non-ghosting in all my playfield inserts and I’m getting some weird subtle flickering from some of them" - metalkatt

Thanks. I thought I was clear on that part.

#3503 1 year ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Sorry missed that. I had a few that flickered also. Previous owner changed out bulbs. I went through and used comet non-ghosting bulbs and its all good now. What leds are you using?

That are Comet 2smd non ghosting….

#3505 1 year ago

Yeah that was my next step….I was just curious if others had this issue. I’m not real familiar with this era of Stern so I figured I’d see if this was a common problem before I spent more money….

1 week later
#3514 1 year ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

Hi everyone,
I'd like to share with you the gallery of all the mods I've made for my POTC pinball!
Thank you
https://www.dystopicpinball.com/my-pinball-gallery/pirates-of-the-caribbean

Cool stuff, but I don’t prices?

2 months later
#3538 11 months ago
Quoted from EasternTraveler:

I have ran into an issue. The Tortuga multiball will randomly begin on its own. When this happens you hear the audio for the multiball,Tortuga! However, the animation of the cannons shooting down the wall does not happen.
This happens if you get a ball into Tortuga and also happens at random. There have been a few times where I can play for 10 or so minutes before the problem happens. It's not consistent but always ends up happening.
Also, it's always a four ball multiball.
Looking for some ideas on where to start trouble shooting.

Check your switches first to see if any of them are active….I think the optos on the ramp engage that mode

1 month later
#3568 10 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Not my style of game at all. The left ramp that just drops the ball into a spinning disk, sucks. That does not feel fun to shoot, and does not give me any satisfaction. The spinning disk should be on the right in the skill shot area that would make more sense. Then do something with that left ramp more interesting.
The ship, while a really cool mech, is boring to shoot at. Just a little hallway for the ball with a post that holds it briefly. It’s no Castle on medieval madness that’s for sure. Then, when the ship opens up for the Kraken shot, you’re just shooting the ball into the pops. Big deal.
Nice game to look at and while it looks quite loaded compared to other games, it is not loaded in the Pinball fun department.

I think you’re looking for the “ratings” section for this game. This is a club for members that actually like their POTC machines. I don’t think coming into the POTC club and shitting all over the game is the best way to handle your apparent dislike for it. The “ratings” section is where you should input your thoughts on the game. Sorry that you find it to be terrible…most of us, like 99.9 percent of us, truly like it. Cheers!

#3572 10 months ago

Go POTC team!!!! Go!!

IMG_0803 (resized).pngIMG_0803 (resized).png

1 month later
#3669 8 months ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Made some decals for the Pirate and bonus treasure targets and flipper bats.
Looks nicer than these single colored plastics [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great!!

1 month later
#3688 6 months ago
Quoted from sushko:

Want your Jersey Jack Pinball Slingshot to have more power? This mod will do exactly that!!! Here is a video showing it working on default slingshot power in the menu so you can go higher but I did adjust it to be set at default setting. Very easy install just desolder slingshot wires and put module in the circuit. Input is the wires from the game output to the coil. Kit comes with two black boxes to do two slingshot.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1372-led-pinball-/09478-jersey-jack-pinball-slingshot-mod

Ummm, who wants to tell him…….

4 months later
#3760 57 days ago
Quoted from Pinash:

How do your machines return the ball from the pops? Mine hits the slingshot top post every time. I’ve done some minor adjusting and bending of the ballguide in attempts to get a clean feed to the right flipper, but I’m not really getting much change to the ball path. If it’s possible to get a clean flipper feed, I will try again when I do a topside tear down.

Check your playfield angles, might be leaning to one side too much. I know I don’t always get a clean return to the flipper.

#3766 51 days ago
Quoted from splattii:

If the boat isn't working (I can hit it but it does nothing) what is the most likely cause? I don't have a manual so I'm not sure if I should be looking at the Opto boards or if there's a fuse for the boat censor. The boat works if I hit it via Liars Dice or whatever (I can force the sales to lower) but the censor for the boat (ie a direct hit with a ball) does nothing. I guess what I'm saying is it seems like the boat is functional but the opto switch isn't. There was one instance where I hit a standup target to the right of the treasure chest and it caused the boat to be hit as well. Not sure if that matters but wanted to throw that out there. My game works fine outside of the ship and a weird sound glitch and I'd like to get it back to normal if possible
Can I download the manual online somewhere?

Did you try them in switch test mode? Do they register?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 218.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metalkatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club?tu=metalkatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.