• I wish I were a Pirate 60 votes
    23%
  • I have no interest in Pirates 18 votes
    7%
  • I was a Pirate in the past but not at present. 32 votes
    12%

(261 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 518 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fa740f3760c1e7cc46aa9b6a659878ce9b3294e7.jpeg (resized).jpg
DSC_2701 (resized).JPG
DSC_2693 (resized).JPG
20190416_222656 (resized).jpg
538C151E-7512-4693-AAE4-79625D2E1373 (resized).jpeg
DB2D7DEF-5DE8-4EFE-8A2B-6183FF456D87 (resized).jpeg
9D23A815-E036-4E84-8692-E7258EA2C223.jpeg
2DC55E89-197A-4632-B088-0CDF6C5E3702.jpeg
00B04A2A-6015-4459-8548-45C47818F546.jpeg
F4A2A4C0-0724-4A33-8099-EC72AB1C4DC8.jpeg
7B5DFC68-684C-4EAB-ADC4-289B88C5A698.jpeg
BCA69828-AC7E-4AA8-9943-F550996BBDAC.jpeg
5063972D-51DA-4AEA-BCAC-C9C917026D7E.jpeg
1CCF55AF-CC82-4910-BCFF-E802D7914A30.jpeg
6122105F-2500-4DAF-91DA-D17DF8B6B150.jpeg
BBD15423-FC42-4255-800C-FA16E82B7AA7.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marmar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#799 2 years ago

Hello everyone,

I got a POTC this afternoon was able to save it from just sitting collecting dust. Needs a good cleaning but it plays well. My wife is a big fan of the movies so this machine was on top of her list. I have to go through it but I noticed the sails on the ship are stuck and hitting the plastic not letting the ship sink all the way. Does anyone have any suggestions on the sails?

1 week later
#817 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Agree, check the sail solenoid and/or wire leading up to it. The wire flexes a lot and eventually breaks somewhere along the line. Usually there is no visual evidence that the wire is broken. My sails would work in solenoid test but not during game as the ship is slightly moved when the sails sink during the ship sinking event. Sometimes the wire makes connection with the wire flexed in certain positions, not others.

Thanks guys,

There is an issue with cable and looks like the mini coil also needs to be replaced. One thing I am having a problem is the lights under the cannon plastic above the right flipper flicker and at times they come on when the left flipper is hit. The lights come on when the game turns on but then go off. If anyone has an idea please let me know.

1 month later
#867 2 years ago

I acquire my POTC a few weeks ago and one of the main issues is the main ramp. The ramp has a crack and is affecting the game was able to get a new ramp and now is time to switch it out. Any advise for a Noob when removing this ramp?

Thanks.

1 month later
#964 2 years ago

I am in the processing of cleaning my POTC I removed all the parts and screws for the main ramp. The only problem is how to remove or better said how to fish out the switch from Walk the Plank side. The main ramp is in rough shape so I have a new one to replace it with. The easy scenario would be to remove the rivet and fish it that way. I was wondering if anyone in the group has any recommendations.

#966 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Why not just disconnect it first?

Zacaj -- The ramp is disconnected and the connections but the switch is to big to fit with the riveted ramp in place. I am not comfortable disconnecting the cables from the switch. I think the best will be to remove the rivets and then fish the switch through.

4 weeks later
#1067 2 years ago

I need some guidance I got a POTC that was extremely dirty and not taken care of properly. I was able to change the main ramp and cleaned and wax the play field. Lamps that were out were corrected and the compass decal has been also put in new. The pin is started to look great.

Here is my issue when a game is started instead of one ball coming out all 4 balls are shot out. I cannot figure out why all the balls are registering as one. The other issue is I cannot get to service menu I get the following message : 50v/20v disabled close coin door or pull interlock switch to restore power. Hopefully someone in the group may provide some insight.

#1071 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's just inside the coin door on the left. It does this on purpose for safety.

I understand but I am not able to get to the Service menu at all. I press the menu button and it just says Free Game if I open the coin door I get the message.

#1075 2 years ago

I was looking at something last night on my POTC and I was noticing the Optos connected for the spinning compass and Tortuga ramp. Since I'm still learning to trouble shoot issues on pins I wonder if the optos are taken out of the plastics would they cause the readings for that section not to work correctly if they are not attached on the same spot.

Common sense says yes but I wanted to ask to be sure. I am labeling everything anyways for before and after assembly.

#1078 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

So new optos are very inexpensive. Do the new ones work well and better than the original ones? Doing an order soon and wanted to ask. Thanks

I found this for the optos. I was thinking of getting this if I find the ones I am troubleshooting are failing.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1210

#1084 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If you open the coin door, it is supposed to give the message about disabling power. Why you cant get to the menue sounds like an issue with your menu buttons. Check the wires to the buttons.

I was able to get the issue with interlock resolved after looking and tracing cables I found the connection to the Service Menu button needed t be re-solder. The ball trough issue still happening looks like the Opto board may be bad I think the best thing will be to order a replacement boards.

The one thing I have noticed is during play when the ball is shot up the ramp the ball will go up to the compass but it really will not start to spin until after the ball comes back down to the playfield and once the ball is in the play field the pin will come up to lock the ball. I am not sure if this is normal still learning the game play on this pin.

#1085 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Yes those. My friend who has potc mentioned resoldering the optos if they have an issue, but at $3.95 why not start them fresh?
If anyone wants to chime in before I order please let me know. Thanks

Did you order new optos? I went ahead an ordered new ones for the spinning disk section seems to be acting incorrectly.

#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from michi:

The motor is supposed to start as soon as the switch at the bottom of the ramp is triggered. Once the ball goes into the mixmaster, it should stay trapped in there by the plunder pin for several seconds. Then, once the pin is deactivated, it opens the exit.
Run a switch test and check the switch at the bottom of the ramp as well as both optos on the mixmaster.
Michi.

Thank you Michi...

I did a switch test and found the problem. Now the plunder pin is working correctly. The only thing I have left is the ball trough issue all 4 balls are coming out and is never ending. Looks like switch 22 is having an issue so the optos on the ball trough have to be looked at. I thin replacing them would be the easier thing to do.

4 months later
#1250 1 year ago

Hello to the group,

I replaced the main ramp as the original was broken on different areas. The new ramp makes a difference visually, only thing I have a problem is that when the ball is shot for play it will bounce hitting the glass. I would have to make sure the plunger is not pulled back all the way. Has anyone had this happen or have any ideas?

Thanks....

#1253 1 year ago
Quoted from michi:

Is the steel leaf at the bottom of the ramp flush with the shooter lane? Where does the ball impact the glass?

Michi -- the ball hits the glass right before the gate.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 50.00
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, AL
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
4,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Glen Ellyn, IL
$ 279.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 279.95
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marmar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside