Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwwhite15.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

maybe adjust the standups, by moving them left to right. Not sure that will help, but easier than replacing the sneeze guard.

This is what I did and it has seem to work pretty good. Every once in a while I get an air ball but it hasn't landed on the ship or in a dead spot. Good luck!

#48 9 years ago

^^^ This Please ^^^

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Here is a couple pics of my freshly shopped pin

Nice Work, its a thing of beauty. Now for some side mirrors...and other mods maybe. IMG_0853.JPGIMG_0853.JPGIMG_0856.JPGIMG_0856.JPG

5 months later
#150 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Once every 100-200 games it starts a tortuga multi-ball randomly....that's the only thing I've had happen.

I had to reflow/add solder to about half the opto boards. The wires were barely hanging on..

Quoted from sirlonzelot:

For everyone Who wants His Pirates in Color, i Finish it for smart dmd

Has anyone else done this? I WANT it but not sure how difficult it is. I am not a super computer guy, I know enough to get in trouble. Feedback would be much appreciated. I did read through most of the steps but still seems a little cloudy. Thanx in advance

10 months later
#535 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Someone get a video posted...I want to see this before 5PM Friday.

Not going to make that, sorry. Mine is "out for delivery" though!!!!

#539 8 years ago

What is your pitch?

I recently moved most of mine machines around to try and fit another piece and when I did I put the bubble on the pitch level in the middle. Good grief, either my level is off or this thing is at an amazing pitch. I have to be honest though, my POTC is a whole new game...and I like it! Definitely plays faster and I don't seem to get as many stray bumps that kind of lollygag down the drain. I am interested in what everyone else is doing and how their POTC is set up.

Oh, and my first colorDMD is awesome. I can't wait for the firmware to be released!

2 weeks later
#612 8 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I just rebuilt/restored my POTC and it did it twice during my test runs.

I don't think that has ever happened...ever. are you missing a rubber? Is your table flat?

#637 8 years ago

This WONDERFUL Pinball machine is the longest standing machine in my house and the day after I brought it home I started tearing it down. When I did all my little personal touches and started putting it back together I put the sneeze guard in the cab and under the playfield and that is where it still sits. Now, I will say that I have had probably 6-8 air balls most of which land back on the rum ramp. At the beginning I had a couple that landed and stayed on the deck of ship. I adjusted the pirate target just a small amount and have not had lost ball since. I think the choice could go either way (and it's definitely not bickering over) and either way is fine. My personal opinion is the machine looks nicer without the sneeze guard so I leave it off.

#653 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Do not know if these are sold in the US?

I believe you have to use the shaker kit for STTNG…if I remember correctly.

1 week later
#670 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Will post back once I get mine installed. Looking forward to my Pirates coming to life even more. Plus I love shakers, have one in almost every game

I am very interested in what you think about having a shaker in POTC. I thought about doing it some years ago but worry it won't fit the game play. Please share once you get the shaker installed and played a few games.

2 weeks later
#694 7 years ago

+1 /\
I
I

I am sure I can cut one myself but I like your design and since you came up with it I would like to reasonably pay for you to share your idea.

5 years later
#3133 1 year ago

I looked through the past posts but didn't see anything relative to the issue I am having. Once I have completed port royal I shoot the ball back to start the tortuga multiball and once the ball reaches the spinner it acts as if I have already made all four balls onto the spinner. The timer stops, the ball is released from the spinner and it displays all scores quadrupled. I have gone in and tested the switches, no issues. I am wondering if there can be a correlation to me installing the colordmd. A little baffled here. Has anyone seen this before. Thanx in advance.

#3137 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I don’t think it would have anything to do with the color dmd, unless you knocked a molex loose in the back box. Which switches did you check? I’d check the Tortuga opto and the trough optos.

Appreciate the questions. I checked most of the switches in the entire game...especially the optos. It's quite bizarre really. It works right when completing the port royal but gets haywire for the multiball part.

#3152 1 year ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

I looked through the past posts but didn't see anything relative to the issue I am having. Once I have completed port royal I shoot the ball back to start the tortuga multiball and once the ball reaches the spinner it acts as if I have already made all four balls onto the spinner. The timer stops, the ball is released from the spinner and it displays all scores quadrupled. I have gone in and tested the switches, no issues. I am wondering if there can be a correlation to me installing the colordmd, don't know how but running out of ideas. A little baffled here. Has anyone seen this before. Thanx in advance.

No ideas on this? Thanx in advance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwwhite15.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club?tu=jwwhite15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.