Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawknole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1865 5 years ago

Hi mates, I joined the Pirate brigade on July 4th. I am getting close to having my machine shopped to my liking. New rubbers, couple coats of carnuba, Plexus on the plastics great for those ramps, tweaking the lights, 3M vinyl over the compass spinner, silver key on the back, coins & gems added. In the pic I have a stray barrel and Jack the monkey is not fully hanging on, which have been resolved, more on the way. Really enjoying the game play, a great era for Stern games.

POTC_Shopped (resized).jpgPOTC_Shopped (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1872 5 years ago

Need some assistance, I am seeing that the pop up post when I hit the ship does not always go down by itself. On occasion, maybe 25-33% of the time the post stays up and the ball stays there until I hit a flipper switch. Is this common for the game? If I don't hit the flipper switch and let the game just sit there then the switches cycle due to inactivity, so it seems unnatural. The opto in front of the ship registers every time so it does not seem like an opto issue. I just put a new post sleeve on as well, thinking that may be the issue. I am running V6.0 config. Any help would be appreciated.

#1879 5 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

It's likely slightly rubbing the playfield and the spring isn't strong enough to pull it back down. This is quite common. To test, activate the ship, wait for the post, then turn the machine off. If it stays, it's the minute amount of friction between the post and the playfield holding it in place. When you add any small amount of bump/shock (such as slapping the side of the game, or even activating a flipper), it wiggles free and drops.

OK, thanks. I will check it out...

Got it, thanks so much for the help maffewl, post was binding just a little. I put a thinner post sleeve on it, expanded the spring a little and good to go.

4 months later
#2000 5 years ago
Quoted from Tres:

Is pinball.center the only provider of the spinning disc protector?

I cut my own. I have been using the 3M clear vinyl that you can get for the front of cars. They sell it in 6 inch by 60 inch on Amazon. I cut out a pattern from thin paper until I get the size I need and then cut the vinyl and place it on top of the disc decal. I like it better than mylar as it is more flexible and seemingly easier to remove if need be plus it has a little bit of grip to help the ball spin. As a note, I also use this vinyl and make custom shooter lane protectors which I have on my POTC as well. Lastly, the vinyl is used for the top side of custom decals that I make, even for this kraken LED flasher cover below that sits in the flasher spot behind my ship.

kraken (resized).jpgkraken (resized).jpg
#2007 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Still haven’t solved the snowing problem with tiny white shavings. They are definitely plastic. I’m convinced it’s the spinning disc. Only something moving that fast could produce so much white debris after one game. So strange. I’m too lazy and busy with a newborn to take it apart. The game plays great! I just completed the compass for the first time ever and played Four Winds Multiball. It gives you several lit shots to complete. Naturally, I lost my ball and didn’t complete the wizard mode. But I came close! Ranked top 50 in score finally.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had tons of white debris as well. Then I covered my spinning disc decal with 3M car bra vinyl, just cut myself a piece to fit. Amazon sells 6 inch wide pieces. The great thing about the vinyl is it has an almost rubbery feel so the ball still spins well and does not float like it would do on mylar.

#2014 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Did you notice white flakes on or near the spinning disc? I don't see any flakes on the surface or accumulated near it. I like the suggestion of either blocking that ramp and seeing if the flakes appear without hitting the Tortuga ramp, or disabling the disc in the settings, if possible. I examined the disc surface before and it really looks like there is already a clear, vinyl or mylar cover in place. I was wondering if it could be something under the spinning disc, rubbing on the underside of it and grinding it down. I will try to isolate the spinning disc and see if I can definitely rule it in or out.
Thanks for all the ideas and help. I really appreciate it.

Not really by the disc, just all over the playfield.

2 months later
#2040 5 years ago
Quoted from ababapanos:

thanks for help . I updated the system in V.60 and system 1.38 but nothing. the problem ισ still does not save the settings
scores saved normally...

I still think it could be your battery. Default High Scores will flash with the update. Pop out the battery and test it or put in a brand new battery and try it. Otherwise, I agree with above, you need more detailed tech help.

1 week later
#2042 5 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

So I'm back in the club after having a NIB back in 06 and I'm trying to decide on how I want to light the ship what color are you guys putting in the ship spotlights?

Welcome back, for me it is green.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawknole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club?tu=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.