Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gordonshumway.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2525 3 years ago

I see there are several color DMD's for Stern-POTC. Is there one that is more reliable and vivid?

Also, is there now a complete kit for adding a shaker motor?

Thanks.

#2527 3 years ago

Is there any good option for a shaker motor for POTC?
Also, does anyone know the easiest way to reset high scores?
Is there a way to see the total plays?
What is the latest software?

#2529 3 years ago

I see firmware 6.0, is that right? Could someone elaborate as to the safe way to update this?

#2530 3 years ago

Mine is at 1.15

1 week later
#2537 3 years ago

I too am a new POTC owner. Been a blast, and I've read the general instructions several times. 40MM is the best I can get so far.

Is there a good basic theme to get points building?

I've got the free software to "massage" the code. Is there any quick down and dirty suggestions to doing the code in the software and then installing (I assume that you simply insert the USB like I did to get it to 6.0)?

We are draining a lot of balls on the side lanes and when battling the ball in the middle, 9 times out of 10 the ball will hit a pirate and very fast drain down the middle. Any cure for that?

#2550 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I am not familiar with the free software that can massage the code. Can you please provide a link to it?

Quoted from gordonshumway:

Is there a good basic theme to get points building?

I've got the free software to "massage" the code. Is there any quick down and dirty suggestions to doing the code in the software and then installing (I assume that you simply insert the USB like I did to get it to 6.0)?

We are draining a lot of balls on the side lanes and when battling the ball in the middle, 9 times out of 10 the ball will hit a pirate and very fast drain down the middle. Any cure for that?

Pinball Browser...

#2556 3 years ago

Can someone explain the easy way to get a good score?

1 week later
#2577 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsunami:

Just installed my LED dmd.

Thinking of buying one. What model did you get, what did it set you back? Do you think its worth it? How hard to install?

#2578 3 years ago

Where'd you get the topper? Do you have shot of it lit up?

1 week later
#2585 3 years ago

Ammo: I too just bought a VERY nice unit. Like new. The ship is also cracked and splintered near the spot of intact from the balls. (horrible design - who thought of that?). While closing the deal, I looked everywhere for a new ship, low and behold, I found what was probably the last one on earth - in Germany. It was shipped November 25, but never arrived. My intention was to find a fabricator and see if they could be reproduced and then make them available to everyone. If it shows, I'll go down that road. If not, I guess someone can maybe reproduce from my old one. I just don't want to have the machine down.

#2587 3 years ago

I'm not sure what happened. I have tracking info, but it is nowhere to be found. In the mean time, does anyone have any ideas "if" it shows, how we could have a batch made up?

2 weeks later
#2593 3 years ago

So is Jack available to us? Price and details?

2 weeks later
#2599 3 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

It’s definitely playable, but it’s tough making the Tortuga shot for sure

Just bought a very nice POTC a few months ago. As part of the deal, the seller rebuilt the flippers. I too have some issues with flipper power and making Tortuga. Is there a "flipper strength" setting to boost the power like on a JJ machine. On my Hobbit I could set flipper strength.

2 weeks later
#2616 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Hey all - what's a clean and working Stern PotC go for these days in the midwest? I'm going to start hunting and pecking and want to know where the game sits value wise right now.

I just bought one in November just a touch under 5K. I had talked to many around the country in my search for a great HUO machine. I found many. Almost all were in the 5K range, some a bit less, many much more. I am completely satisfied with my purchase. My machine looks like it was right out of the box. I can't find any real wear items on it. The gentleman I bought from was up front in that the flippers were weak and had a buzz! He replaced them prior to my picking it up. He also advised me that the ship's hull had cracking due to the ball hitting the hull (stupid design, and I've since heard that almost all do), he regardless comped me for the ship. After a three month wait, (horrible shipping from Germany), I finally received what may be the last "new" hull that was out there for sale. I have not done anything with it yet, but I'm looking to find a plastic manufacturer who might be able to reproduce it as just about everyone with a Stern POTC is in the same "boat" with theirs. But back to the game, you'll find many out there. Be picky and you too will find a nice one. As far as my wish list for it, I'd like...

1) A shaker motor that really works with it.
2) A good color DMD.

Otherwise, I find the game challenging and fun. 68MM is my highest score so far. I think it's tough, most old codgers would probably say that I'm just a lousy player. Good luck!

#2618 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

So yeah, I think $5k will be my limit. Less would be great, but I don't see why I should go over right now. I'm in zero hurry and will fill the hole as it becomes available.

The machines are all pretty much the same. Just make sure that the field is in good shape. This guy had a very nice HUO machine (his family hated to part with it). I had a couple mods. He was a bit above 5K as I remember. Maybe he still has it... You could PM him and see. Seemed like a straightshooter. Let him know I sent you and let me know how it goes

BADBILLY27
Pinsider #6510

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#2630 3 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

Hi everyone, my ship hull (545-6179-00) is breaking, I can't find the part anywhere, do you know where I can buy it?

I just bought the last one in existence. It came out of Germany. Last that they had! I looked everywhere else with no luck. I have not installed it yet. I was hoping to find a fabricator who could reproduce a bunch from it for a good price. If anyone knows a source, let me know. If not maybe I should put it out on eBay for highest bid.

#2635 3 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Mine is in good shape - but I'd be in for a backup.

Could we have a sort of little poll here? How many folks would be interested? I have no idea of the cost of this, but would try to keep it down. The OEM replacement was $110.

#2643 3 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

What is the minimum number of members so that you can do the replica hulls?

So far I've had two places tell me they couldn't replicate! I thought 3D printing was simple... If anyone has a source to do it, let me know. I'm keeping my original OEM unused until we get a plan.

3 weeks later
#2648 2 years ago

How much a copy for one?

#2652 2 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

I am very happy to be able to offer it

Thanks, appreciate it. I guess I'll get creative...

2 months later
#2722 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Pinball Life recommended that stuff when my shaker motor started making similar sounds.

Where how and what did you do for a "shaker motor". Love to have one too.

#2734 2 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

Unfortunately it seems really impossible to find a new ship hull as a spare..... And mine is getting worse and worse

I bought what may be the last one worldwide last winter. It came from Germany ~ $120. Took 3 months to get here. I was going to put it right in, but decided to wait until mine is really bad! There was one shortly after on here for sale, ~ same amount if I remember right. Keep your eyes out...

#2741 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Hadn't thought about damage to the ship. My machine is in nice shape, I'd hate for that to go some day. Has anyone thought of anything to protect it and prevent damage? I'm starting to brain storm

I looked into finding a plastic Mfg. to make some "after market" ship(s). I got nowhere. As I said, I got what may well be the last NIB ship. It is still in the original packing. If anyone can find a person to make them, I'd gladly make my new one available for copying. I'd even front the money to make them knowing that there are almost an endless need for them... Let me know.

2 weeks later
#2751 2 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

It’s a personal preference. One isn’t better than the other, they’re just different.
I prefer the LCD over LED (when the LCD will fit - which it will in POTC) and I like the DotsXL mode.
Order straight from ColorDMD and it will ship out right away with all the right cables!

So did you buy one?

If so, LCD or LED?

I'm looking at it too, just on the fence as to which one to buy. If more folks chime in, might make the buy easier. I get that its personal preference, but I've never seen either.

Thanks

#2768 2 years ago

Is that LCD or LED?

Can anyone post the other in kind of the same pic for comparison?

4 weeks later
#2815 2 years ago

mikedenton...

Nice to see Otto on the POTC site.

98.5% of the group here will have zero idea what I'm talking about.

Roger - Huh?

#2821 2 years ago
Quoted from potc1334:

Surely you can't be serious.

Don't call me Shirley.

#2823 2 years ago

Sounds like a battery not keeping the memory items.

1 month later
#2844 2 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Hi guys,

New pirate here, very fortunate to find this machine in Bogotá-Colombia.

The ship motor assembly is missing, any one here got one for sale, thanks

Gustavo

Just interested... What did you have to give for this in Columbia?

3 weeks later
#2848 2 years ago
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 218.00
$ 26.50
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Camanche, IA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gordonshumway.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club?tu=gordonshumway and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.