Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ajb4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#189 8 years ago

I am a solid member of the POTC club. To me, POTC is a masterpiece of pinball game creation. A terrific theme combined with a different layout and an interesting variety in the objectives makes this a great game. Plus, I love a game where I actually might have a chance at getting to the final wizard mode. POTC is not easy but it is not downright impossible either. I think any pinball collection does well to have this game as it adds a unique and different experience. It is not as deep as say LOTR but there is some depth. There is a little wood chopping but not too bad. When people come over, POTC more than any other game is want they want to play ---> then when they sink the ship and defeat the Kracken and the "Yo-Ho Yo-Ho A Pirate's Life for Me" song plays, it delights to no end... Definitely in for a long term stay in my collection.

#194 8 years ago

I have defeated Davy Jones only a couple of times but heart super jackpot still eludes - but I agree I think it is possible....

#196 8 years ago

You can hit the Jack shot from the right flipper on my game but it has to be exactly on target - transferring the ball over wastes precious time during the count down - but there should be enough juice on the ball from a left flipper cradle hold to the Jack loop to make it around... Maybe your left flipper is weak? Anyway, from the right flipper it is a tight fit which rejects often but when you do hit it dead-on the ball flies around that loop and comes right back at you, then you see the point on the compass light up and it is just awesome... That's when I know I am having a good game. Just try to get the Jack started with 3 shots on it from the beginning of the game and when you have EB lit really go after it. Spend a few games just focused on figuring out how to "backhand" Jack from that right flipper - it will be time well spent.

5 months later
#278 8 years ago

the other day I had everything but that damn jack the monkey shot - for whatever reason I just was dialed in to hit everything except that shot... still a great and unique layout which provides a ton of fun

#281 8 years ago

I'd take $149M over 149M points anyday....
Hahahahaha
not trying to be a smart ass just think it is so interesting how WE ALL put $ signs in from of our scores from time to time...
pinball is like money - you can never have enough

5 months later
#722 7 years ago

Yes I was going to say $4K to $4500 ball.park. UT could be as high as $5K if really mint

3 weeks later
#744 7 years ago

How do you get the Light Special compass award to light up?
Seems like I never get that one lit - even in games where I get a special awarded to me...
Help me Pinsiders!!!

#746 7 years ago

Ok that explains it as I damn near never have both of those completed in the same game!! I love pinball but suck at it...

1 month later
#776 7 years ago

I am in for 1

11 months later
#1285 6 years ago

Finally got to 4 winds multiball... Drained out pretty quickly so never got to the "Gauntlet of Pirates"... But still great game. Rrally love my Pirates.

20170730_214110 (resized).jpg20170730_214110 (resized).jpg

20170730_214100 (resized).jpg20170730_214100 (resized).jpg

#1291 6 years ago

Here was my strategy: I started with focusing on the heart multi-ball and getting that super jackpot. Once that was done, I focused on the Jack the Monkey shots. Once that was done, I focused on Tortuga. Once the Port Royale was lit, I then moved onto the ship shots. Got the Kraken defeated after the first ship was sunk. Then after all the ships, the Davy Jones battle was tough. I usually fail there. It doesn't really work to trap balls and take planned, controlled shots; as he regenerates fast, you will never make any progress. So you have to hit it on the fly.... Just got lucky - mind you this was my first time ever to four winds and I only got 1 of the 4 winds completed.

#1294 6 years ago

yes the 4 winds was over when I was down to one ball and I had tonstart acheiving the objectives again from scratch - as if I started a brand new game. Probably will never happen again...

P.S. tried it again the same way tonight and just couldn't get the magic touch but my strategy for the approach makes sense to me...

4 months later
#1644 6 years ago

Hard to believe that POTC has been gone for 4 months. My other games became boring and thus, POTC is coming back in. Hopefully to stay this time.

#1650 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Saw your other post. I had TF before. It is kind of fun but not a long term keeper.
Now I would give SW more time. When I play I am on the edge with each shot the whole time. Major excitement moving the multiplier and blasting Tie Fighters. Very different from any other game. And fast! Don't blink. It is so different it takes time to get used to. Take some time on it.
POTC is great though. LOTR and Acdc left out of my gameroom and pitates is still here. I like it a lot more than I thought I would. A friend played my POTC a few months ago and liked it and just got one himself. Just fun pinball.

POTC deal fell thru; but now I have an opportunity to get my restored AFM back for my SW LE so I am making that deal.
POTC will be missed but likely will come back in when a choice one becomes available and I have grown tired of something else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ajb4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club?tu=ajb4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.