Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Radius118.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#874 7 years ago

I must be missing something simple here. I have a TOPS display on my POTC. I had a house tournament running for a while and then the tournament ended. I turned off tournament (at least I think I did) but for some reason the tournament results keep coming up on the DMD during attract mode. How can I get rid of that? Is there some setting or reset I am missing? I suppose a factory reset would do it but I didn't want to take such drastic action if it wasn't necessary.

Thanks,
Michael

#877 7 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I may be off, but I think tournament mode in the menu just changes the "randomness" of certain rewards into a pattern. An example being the Liars Dice gives a predictable outcome and not a random reward. However, there is a tournament that you can set up to run from X date to X date, and it will log the results. It's been a while since I've messed with those settings but I'm pretty sure you just need to go into the actual tournament menu and cancel/end the tournament as the dates inserted are probably still valid. This is separate from "tournament mode" in the settings.

The tourney dates have long passed and the tournament is "officially" over. I guess I will go back into the settings and mess around a bit more.

Quoted from michi:

I tried to do the same thing, but it appears to be impossible to get rid of the tournament results in attract mode. If you do a factory reset, you instead see fake tournament results for a tournament that actually never took place.
Michi.

That may be. For some reason I seem to remember never seeing any kind of real or fake tournament stuff displayed on the dmd during attract mode until I started an actual tournament.

Does any one else's POTC display tournament "results" during attract mode if you've never turned on or run a tournament?

Thanks,
Michael

#879 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Was just googling how these tournaments work in the first place, as I'd never seen one and was curious, came across this tidbit: "Start and stop a tournament 10 times to wipe that data (will stay in attract mode forever if you don't)" (via https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-tournament-system#post-491570)
, maybe that'll help? Seems weird

Nice find! I must have missed that. Although it does seem weird to have to start and stop a tourney *10* times to wipe the data, but stranger things have happened.

I will give that a shot and report back. Thank you for the link.

Edit: Well I tried it. Started and stopped a tournament 10 time. I just used the quick start and pressed the select button about a million times to quickly cycle through starting and stopping the tournament.

It worked! The previous tourney data is no longer displayed during attract mode. Thanks for finding that post!

Michael

3 weeks later
#904 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Original lighting afaik. You can see it on my picture just before. Cool. Many have changed it, but the original colors worked well in the overall presentation for sure.

POTC used all white incandescent GI for the entire game from the factory.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Radius118.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club?tu=Radius118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.