Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Morgoth00.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2705 2 years ago

Joined the ranks last weekend. Blades, LED, backbox light, plank, speaker lights, and skeleton flippers. Lots of plans for it but noticed a couple bulbs were out. The one light I can't resolve is the crossbones flasher in the middle of the pop bumpers.

Is this one on a seperate coil in the menu or is it wired directly to the pop flashers? I replaced the bulb (was LED) but no light still. Also notice the bottom pop doesn't light in the menu but works during the game.

20210605_004822 (resized).jpg20210605_004822 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210608-112803_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210608-112803_Gallery (resized).jpg
#2713 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Anyone else have a squeeky tortuga? I've oiled mine as per the stern docs but the squeeky gets louder as it slows down. When up to speed not a ton of noise. Seems worse after oiling it actually. Not sure what's causing it.

Mine squeaks too. Hadn't looked into it yet

#2736 2 years ago

Down with the sneeze guard, and added a little cannonball catcher for good measure. Thanks Maffewl!

20210616_225828 (resized).jpg20210616_225828 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2757 2 years ago

Everyone says to buy LCD and go DOTSXL, I did and love it. You don't have that option with the LED.

#2759 2 years ago

Check this vid that shows both.

1 week later
#2778 2 years ago

Still trying to find the source of the light under the two swords in the middle of the flashers. Has anyone seen this coil control in the menu? Or the manual? Every pin I could find on youtube did not have this flash during attract mode and their pins only flashed during pop hits. Nothing triggers it in the menu that I can find. I have a normal bulb in it.

how do you test it and what controls it?

Screenshot_20210716-234114_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210716-234114_Gallery (resized).jpg
#2782 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Still trying to find the source of the light under the two swords in the middle of the flashers. Has anyone seen this coil control in the menu? Or the manual? Every pin I could find on youtube did not have this flash during attract mode and their pins only flashed during pop hits. Nothing triggers it in the menu that I can find. I have a normal bulb in it.
how do you test it and what controls it?[quoted image]

To answer my own question, I figured out that the right backwall flasher coil #30 also controls the pop swords PF flasher. The bulb must have been loose in the socket, got it workin now and they flash together

#2795 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

And by the way the LED DMD is still the best for POTC. The rest of you crackers are wrong.

Teddyb can you say what exactly makes it so much better? In the video I posted a while back it seemed almost the same.

#2800 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I was just messing with you guys calling you crackers. But in my opinion what makes it better. The colors are more brighter vibrant and more defined with the images. LED also looks better for video footage of movie clips. Iron Man, Spider-Man, Indiana Jones, Transformers etc.

Good point on the movie clips.
Found this quote when I was looking for something else in the forums-

LCD provides more display options including larger dots and the blending of the dots to create solid text and pictures (high resolution upscaling). It looks good straight on but is dimmer. You can really see this at an angle. It is larger since it is basically a laptop display.

LED is brighter and just has the ability to display dots. The colors pop. The size is exactly the same as original display. The price is a little less.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 218.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Morgoth00.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club?tu=Morgoth00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.