Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighVoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2718 2 years ago

I recently picked up a PoTC, and was thinking this is a great theme for a shaker: hitting the ship would be a perfect tie in.

Is there any current solution? I'm debating whether it's worth integrating my own or not: depending how much current solutions cost.

#2720 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

There is someone on here that sells a universale shaker motor kit. I have it for my POTC. Works great!!!!!

Are you talking about this kit, or something else?

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Pinshakers_STD_Kit

#2727 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I believe there are kits you can buy now but there is a whole thread on it
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-install-shaker-motor-into-pirates-potc
I have not done the mod yet. I have shakers in other games and I was referring to one of those.

Yeah, aware of the pinbits one, but that one hasn't been available for a while.

#2728 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

No, that kit is never in stock. Look for pinshakers they have them listed here on pinside. Pinball life also carries them but I can’t find them on their site. Or just search the net for pinshakers.

Did you quote the wrong person? Pinshakers is exactly what I linked to.

Quoted from arcademojo:

Ok since everyone seems to be pointing to old products and a dead thread. This is the shaker motor you need for a POTC.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1206-pinshakers/04769-pinshakers-standard-shaker-motor-kit-stern

Seems to be the same I linked, except Pinball Life is cheaper.

#2739 2 years ago

Hadn't thought about damage to the ship. My machine is in nice shape, I'd hate for that to go some day. Has anyone thought of anything to protect it and prevent damage? I'm starting to brain storm.

3 weeks later
#2771 2 years ago

Hires mode on the LCD looks amazing. I wanted to swap in the less expensive PIN2DMD LED, but when I tried it, I immediately noticed the LED just isn't as nice as the Hires LCD mode. I think LCD hires only works well if the dots are really well done: so far only 2 games I've preferred that mode: LoTR and now PoTC.

#2773 2 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Thanks for the compliment ! Glad you’re enjoying POTC and the ColorDMD - it took me months to complete! I like the Big Dots XL mode, but that’s personal preference.

Well, I actually meant the original graphic dots by whoever did the animations is what makes the most difference. But a good colorization certainly helps. Or did you change the dots too? I know some have done that on PIN2DMD, like Street Fighter, didn't think any had been done that way with ColorDMD though.

9 months later
#3162 1 year ago

I'm not the biggest fan of shakers on most games, but this game seems to beg for one with cannon fire hitting the ship. I made my own control/power board for the shaker, and decided while I was at it to have a go at making the shaker too. I made one for a friend as well, but he decided to sell his game, so I have an extra if someone wants it ( $150 ). I know Pinbits used to make something like this, but last I checked I could only find some alternative expensive products.

I wanted to be able to tune the shaker, so I made the weights adjustable: you can adjust the amount of weight, position of the weight, and how long you want the shaker to run on activation. I think you'll get the idea from the picture.

It's a very satisfying effect when you hit the ship! Also triggers on extra ball, as it's tied to the ship flasher.

ShakerHV (resized).jpgShakerHV (resized).jpg

#3179 1 year ago

Had multiple inquiries for the shaker, so I will make a few more. Let me know if you're interested in getting one. Priority shipping is $15.

ShakerHV (resized).jpgShakerHV (resized).jpg

Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'm not the biggest fan of shakers on most games, but this game seems to beg for one with cannon fire hitting the ship. I made my own control/power board for the shaker, and decided while I was at it to have a go at making the shaker too. I made one for a friend as well, but he decided to sell his game, so I have an extra if someone wants it ( $150 ). I know Pinbits used to make something like this, but last I checked I could only find some alternative expensive products.
I wanted to be able to tune the shaker, so I made the weights adjustable: you can adjust the amount of weight, position of the weight, and how long you want the shaker to run on activation. I think you'll get the idea from the picture.
It's a very satisfying effect when you hit the ship! Also triggers on extra ball, as it's tied to the ship flasher.
[quoted image]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighVoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club?tu=HighVoltage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.