Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 76.
#351 8 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I finally found that monkey. It just arrived. Series 1 Capt Barbossa. Paid about $20 for it.

image_(resized).jpeg

20 bucks for an irritating Monkey seems ok

#352 8 years ago

Yep, $20 is fine. Been looking for awhile. This will be a nice addition.

#353 8 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Yep, $20 is fine. Been looking for awhile. This will be a nice addition.

Well it fits perfect on the monkey shot, I really like the addition. There are more versions of the monkey around, but this one is the perfect one. Enjoy!

#354 8 years ago

Yes, fits perfectly. Thanks for sharing those pics!

I probably wouldn't have found it otherwise. The only other one I really found was the one where he was wearing the hat, didn't care for it.

#355 8 years ago

Did anyone had Made an good Pin Sound for the Potc?

#356 8 years ago
Quoted from lash:

Did anyone had Made an good Pin Sound for the Potc?

I only changed the start and end music with he's a pirate. The rest is the same.
Sounds great.

#357 8 years ago

Hi Peter, can i have the File ?

#358 8 years ago

Top Moose did a great music/call out mod on the machine I bought from him.

#359 8 years ago
Quoted from Starwriter:

Yes!! I bought my POTC with LEDs already installed and the ghosting was terrible. I bought the LEDOCD board, screwed it down, plugged it in, and all the ghosting went away. I didn't even change any of the settings. Very nice product!!!

Installed my LED OCD today. It is just as Starwriter described. Plug and play and the LEDs function flawlessly now. The videos of this product online are good enough to show the general idea of what it does, but the effect is so much greater in person. Totally awesome, and easy enough for a noob like me.

#360 8 years ago

I installed my 1st LEDOCD in my TSPP. I'm VERY impressed.

POTC will be my next OCD install.

#361 8 years ago

hmmmm...I've got a few odd leds that came with the machine that were in the machine when I got it June 2011, and have been putting in random leds from friends and left over from sample kits and have had no problems. I guess I got lucky

#362 8 years ago

Ghosting irritates some more than others. Mine doesn't bother me at all but this is a fantastic product for those who want to sort it out

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Ghosting irritates some more than others. Mine doesn't bother me at all but this is a fantastic product for those who want to sort it out

Ghosting is very annoying. Call me crazy but I like to know if an insert is lit or unlit.

#364 8 years ago

Need a quick check....
On the picture below (green arrow), can you all check your ship. When the white sail on the left collapses does it hit the ship...mine does....and has caused some slight wear on the ship. Sorry for the bad pick...grabbed of internet...not in front of my machine.

Also, can you adjust this at all (or is the link bar worn in back?).
thx Jim

2016-02-01_23-18-19_(resized).jpg2016-02-01_23-18-19_(resized).jpg

#365 8 years ago

New into the club,looking for a brave doing side cabinet decals for restoring mine
This pin rocks

#366 8 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Need a quick check....
On the picture below (green arrow), can you all check your ship. When the white sail on the left collapses does it hit the ship...mine does....and has caused some slight wear on the ship. Sorry for the bad pick...grabbed of internet...not in front of my machine.
Also, can you adjust this at all (or is the link bar worn in back?).
thx Jim
2016-02-01_23-18-19_(resized).jpg

Any help, pictures would be great ? thx, Jim
PS - deciding whether to order a part based on some pictures coming in from pinsiders - thanks for your help in advance.

#367 8 years ago

anybody else have problems with ball going up monkey ramp? ive adjusted and adjusted, do they still make this scoop?

#368 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

20 bucks for an irritating Monkey seems ok

Please post the photo installed.

#369 8 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

anybody else have problems with ball going up monkey ramp? ive adjusted and adjusted, do they still make this scoop?

Never had a problem, can even backhand this shot but that's a bit harder shot.

#370 8 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

When the white sail on the left collapses does it hit the ship...mine does....

Mine does not hit the ship. Was yours always hitting or is it only doing this after you worked on it?

Maybe all you need to do is slightly bend the metal to which the sail is mounted. Be careful you don't bend it too far to where it interferes with the other sail.

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

anybody else have problems with ball going up monkey ramp?

I only have problems making it when I need the shot to finish the Monkey! Seriously, mine is easily make-able with a good shot, even a backhand. This is not to say it is an easy shot. What are you seeing?

#371 8 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Please post the photo installed.

I already posted this earlier

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Mine does not hit the ship. Was yours always hitting or is it only doing this after you worked on it?
Maybe all you need to do is slightly bend the metal to which the sail is mounted. Be careful you don't bend it too far to where it interferes with the other sail.

I only have problems making it when I need the shot to finish the Monkey! Seriously, mine is easily make-able with a good shot, even a backhand. This is not to say it is an easy shot. What are you seeing?

No, I did not change anything. If you look closely the left ship sail hits the inside on the front of the ship when down...barely on mine (enough to ding up small mark on ship). Take a second look...how close is yours? Can you post a picture?
thx.

anyone else feel free to post picture or comment on how to correct. thx.

#373 8 years ago

Anyone know if the spinning compass decal is available any where? I just picked up a POTC and it's in really good shape otherwise.

#374 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Anyone know if the spinning compass decal is available any where? I just picked up a POTC and it's in really good shape otherwise.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1715

#376 8 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Any help, pictures would be great ? thx, Jim
PS - deciding whether to order a part based on some pictures coming in from pinsiders - thanks for your help in advance.

My sail looks like this in the down position.

IMG_20160205_205407773_(resized).jpgIMG_20160205_205407773_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160205_205329975_(resized).jpgIMG_20160205_205329975_(resized).jpg

#377 8 years ago

And my monkey is different

IMG_20160205_205707784_(resized).jpgIMG_20160205_205707784_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160205_205758398_(resized).jpgIMG_20160205_205758398_(resized).jpg

#378 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My sail looks like this in the down position.
IMG_20160205_205407773_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160205_205329975_(resized).jpg

Ok, so can you check right here....thanks.

2016-02-05_21-03-42_(resized).jpg2016-02-05_21-03-42_(resized).jpg

#379 8 years ago

Has anyone created custom sounds for this? I've heard it's possible but am a total noob in that arena. If it's been discussed please let me know. Thanks!

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok, so can you check right here....thanks.

2016-02-05_21-03-42_(resized).jpg

Hard to get a good pic, but the top part of the sail is behind the ship, with about 1/4 inch gap between the ship and sail. The middle part of the sail stops just before the ship, with a few iny space but never hits it.

IMG_20160206_113134985_(resized).jpgIMG_20160206_113134985_(resized).jpg

#381 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Hard to get a good pic, but the top part of the sail is behind the ship, with about 1/4 inch gap between the ship and sail. The middle part of the sail stops just before the ship, with a few iny space but never hits it.

IMG_20160206_113134985_(resized).jpg

THANKS for the help!

#382 8 years ago

Thanks, I just order a replacement and a back up one.

Can any of the owners help me with the rule set? Is there anything after 4 winds? I've had the game for 2 days now and finally had a chance to play it a decent amount this morning. My first thoughts is I need to set it up a lot harder. I've made it to 4 winds 4 times already today and twice in one game. My settings are giving a pile of extra balls so I'll adjust that which should help, add some pitch and move the outlanes to the widest setting. I really like the shot map on this game and the toys are sterns best.

#383 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Thanks, I just order a replacement and a back up one.
Can any of the owners help me with the rule set? Is there anything after 4 winds? I've had the game for 2 days now and finally had a chance to play it a decent amount this morning. My first thoughts is I need to set it up a lot harder. I've made it to 4 winds 4 times already today and twice in one game. My settings are giving a pile of extra balls so I'll adjust that which should help, add some pitch and move the outlanes to the widest setting. I really like the shot map on this game and the toys are sterns best.

What are your scores ?

#384 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

What are your scores ?

Best was a little over 440m

#385 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Best was a little over 440m

Either settings are too easy or you are too good.

#386 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Either settings are too easy or you are too good.

I have it pitched at 7.3. All of the settings are still how the game was shipped to me. It looks like everything is set on medium hardness. I got 3 extra ball on that big score which seems like a lot so I'll look through the setting and see how to reduce that. The outlanes are set right in the middle and I'm getting very few outlane drains so I'll open those up. That should make it play much harder.

This is a really good game. Very unique shot layout with killer toys. The super skill shot is really hard but worth a ton of points and feels really good to hit. I also love the heart multiball super jackpot. Nordman layouts are hard to beat.

#387 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Is there anything after 4 winds? I've had the game for 2 days now and finally had a chance to play it a decent amount this morning. My first thoughts is I need to set it up a lot harder. I've made it to 4 winds 4 times already today and twice in one game. My settings are giving a pile of extra balls so I'll adjust that which should help, add some pitch and move the outlanes to the widest setting. I really like the shot map on this game and the toys are sterns best.

After 4 Winds is Gauntlet

This is from pinball news

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#388 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

image_(resized).png

Awesome, thanks for the info. My left orbit switch is not working so I didn't have a chance at Gauntlet. Sounds like it would be really hard to get to even if the orbit was working.

#389 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Awesome, thanks for the info. My left orbit switch is not working so I didn't have a chance at Gauntlet. Sounds like it would be really hard to get to even if the orbit was working.

You're probably a very good player. I'm still trying for 4-winds but I don't play that much, that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

#390 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

image_(resized).png

Love it!

It will never happen in my lifetime but still

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Love it!
It will never happen in my lifetime but still

This is why I like PotC, it's quite simple you don't need to be a Ph.D. to understand the basic rules, beginners can jump right in, but it's long enough to keep good players occupied trying to complete the wizard modes.

#392 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This is why I like PotC, it's quite simple you don't need to be a Ph.D. to understand the basic rules, beginners can jump right in, but it's long enough to keep good players occupied trying to complete the wizard modes.

Agreed. It's a great machine for all skills. Follow the modes or spam the ship/spinner/chest. Either way, its a dang good time.

#393 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Exactly! I tell folks LOTR and TSPP are like playing chess, and POTC is like checkers.

#394 8 years ago

I really like the Davey Jones mode. It's a lot of fun to try to time the shot with the ship constantly moving and 4 balls in play to deal with. the great thing about it is even average players have a chance of getting to it with a little help from the dice. Oddly enough I seem to always have Jack the Monkey left to finish to light 4 winds. It's sort of a dangerous shot so I tend to just avoid it unless it is required for something. That makes the start of 4 winds with JACK flashing to lock in my jackpot scores extra stressfull as I'm just not overly comfortable with that shot.

#395 8 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Exactly! I tell folks LOTR and TSPP are like playing chess, and POTC is like checkers.

5388df6236e3e.image_(resized).jpg5388df6236e3e.image_(resized).jpg

#396 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I really like the Davey Jones mode. It's a lot of fun to try to time the shot with the ship constantly moving and 4 balls in play to deal with. the great thing about it is even average players have a chance of getting to it with a little help from the dice. Oddly enough I seem to always have Jack the Monkey left to finish to light 4 winds. It's sort of a dangerous shot so I tend to just avoid it unless it is required for something. That makes the start of 4 winds with JACK flashing to lock in my jackpot scores extra stressfull as I'm just not overly comfortable with that shot.

I think Jack can be completed in multi ball like if you stash a ball in the spinner, start one of the Kraken battles and just forget the Kraken and shoot on the Jack shot.

Someone correct me if you can't start Jack when in a MB like Kraken.

#397 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think Jack can be completed in multi ball like if you stash a ball in the spinner, start one of the Kraken battles and just forget the Kraken and shoot on the Jack shot.
Someone correct me if you can't start Jack when in a MB like Kraken.

You are correct, you can advance towards it and start it during a multi ball. I need to focus on completing it during a MB. I tend to only shoot for the ship, the spinning disc, or the chest during MB.

#398 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You are correct, you can advance towards it and start it during a multi ball. I need to focus on completing it during a MB. I tend to only shoot for the ship, the spinning disc, or the chest during MB.

Ok, sometimes I just appears complete so I figure it was done by accident during a good multi ball.

I always choke on Davey Jones mode.

#399 8 years ago

Nice little prop for game - the Pirates Code !

IMG_1893_(resized).JPGIMG_1893_(resized).JPG

IMG_1892_(resized).JPGIMG_1892_(resized).JPG

IMG_1894_(resized).JPGIMG_1894_(resized).JPG

#400 8 years ago

Did you make that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 218.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.