20240602_100631 (resized).jpg
20240602_100628 (resized).jpg
20240531_110413 (resized).jpg
20240531_110401 (resized).jpg
pirati1 (resized).jpg
pirati3 (resized).jpg
pirati2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2607 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,840 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 77.
#3801 48 days ago

my auto ball shooter 90% cant shoot the ball above the gate which directs the ball to the right inlane. just falling back and trying to shoot again until I manually shoot the bal. It was working a few days ago. do you have anmy idea? thanks!
?

#3802 48 days ago
Quoted from PinViking:

my auto ball shooter 90% cant shoot the ball above the gate which directs the ball to the right inlane. just falling back and trying to shoot again until I manually shoot the bal. It was working a few days ago. do you have anmy idea? thanks!
?

Slo mo video the ball being auto launched. It could be the mech needs a rebuild or the fork isn’t hitting the ball straight on.

The mech has bushings that wear out and get loose/floppy. Coil may need a new sleeve.

I’d the fork isn’t properly aligned it will shoot the ball sideways up the ramp and it won’t flow nice

#3803 48 days ago

I had the same problem and found that the spring was broken.

#3804 48 days ago
Quoted from Tsunami:

I had the same problem and found that the spring was broken.

i had the same problem as well and used this thread and used the velcro trick for where it hits and to help it go strait. working good now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-help-please-acdc-autofire-plunger-getting-weaker-and-weaker/page/2

#3805 48 days ago

I love this game......that is all!

#3806 47 days ago

yo-ho fellow pirates! the bushings were loose, so the ball hit left and right wall before the ramp, losing kinetic energy. Removed the bushings, put some thin tape around them and put back, now the ball is going up to the upper playfield. will see how long it will last. thanks for tips brothers!

#3807 47 days ago

Well Mateys my Ship went down and wont come back up , aarrgg . there must be something stripped or loose, Ill get into it later when I get time.

#3808 47 days ago
Quoted from Rockypinball:

Well Mateys my Ship went down and wont come back up , aarrgg . there must be something stripped or loose, Ill get into it later when I get time.

Check clutch for loose screws, or cracks. Looks like this :

https://www.pinballlife.com/potc-ship-coupling-clutch.html?Category_Code=

LTG : )

#3809 47 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

my issue was with the the white plastic piece that slides the ship back and forth. It was a little warped and therefore binded and the ship couldnt get back up. Sanded that piece a bunch and now works great! thanks goodness because a new one is 66 bucks and out of stock.

#3810 47 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

The motor shaft popped out of position, must be a bit too much drag in the mechanism, but seems ok now thanks

#3811 47 days ago

Installed my new color PIN2DMD works good, wondering if anyone has a good .pal colorization file that I could use. I did find one but seems that it could be better.

#3812 47 days ago

Too much reflection with the white scores, I just set it to red

#3813 47 days ago

Installed my new color PIN2DMD works good, wondering if anyone has a good .pal colorization file that I could use. I did find one but seems that it could be better.

You have to donate to VBob. You’ll get a color file that is linked to pin2dmd. VBobs coloring is perfect.

#3814 47 days ago
Quoted from Stebel:

You have to donate to VBob. You’ll get a color file that is linked to pin2dmd. VBobs coloring is perfect.

Anyone know if there is a preview video that I can check out first? I'm happy to donate but it needs to be what I'm looking for.

#3815 46 days ago

Anyone know if there is a preview video that I can check out first? I'm happy to donate but it needs to be what I'm looking for.

I found the video, looks like it would work great, not sure how I go about obtaining it? do I send donation via paypal? then what ? do I message him of something, how much is the proper $ donation?

#3816 45 days ago
Quoted from Rockypinball:I found the video, looks like it would work great, not sure how I go about obtaining it? do I send donation via paypal? then what ? do I message him of something, how much is the proper $ donation?

I would ask first see if he is even reachable. Can you pls link the video?

#3817 45 days ago

If you are interested in the mods I created for this fantastic pinball machine, you can purchase them by contacting me via the website www.dystopicpinball.com

Fast shipping to US, Europe and Canada

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information or prices.
Thank you!
DP

potc (resized).pngpotc (resized).png
#3818 45 days ago

I found the video, looks like it would work great, not sure how I go about obtaining it? do I send donation via paypal? then what ? do I message him of something, how much is the proper $ donation?

VBOBRUSEV Message VBob, he is the author of the color file. All his color files are perfectly done.

#3819 45 days ago
Quoted from PinViking:

would ask first see if he is even reachable. Can you pls link the video?

#3820 45 days ago

usually I dont like color DMDs, but this one damn looks good!

#3821 45 days ago

I'm ready with my Alestorm sound mod, send me a message for the link! This pirate-metal really matches for thuis machine, the game feels much more dynamic I just love the game now!
I used B25846 's mod as a base, but changed most of the music.

#3822 43 days ago

my tortuga motor started to work badly, sometimes doesnt even starts, just moves a little. when I open the pf and try to rotate the bottom of the axle manually, I feel very noticeable resistance. any idea how to fix it?

#3823 43 days ago
Quoted from PinViking:

my tortuga motor started to work badly, sometimes doesnt even starts, just moves a little. when I open the pf and try to rotate the bottom of the axle manually, I feel very noticeable resistance. any idea how to fix it?

sounds like its the motor bearings , remove it for a close inspection. you can take it to a motor rewind shop for repair cheap

#3824 43 days ago

feels like starting is difficult, after it rolls, and maybe at an exact point it is more difficult to roll.
I will check

#3825 43 days ago

The opto near the ship on my game doesn't work. When you shoot the ball into the area nothing happens, the ball just rolls out and back down towards the flippers. The boat itself works though, I've managed to hit it via Liars Dice or whatever it's called so I know the boat itself works. I replaced 2 of the 3 opto boards, both of the boards near the bottom of the playfield as I assume the one under the chest isn't my issue. It still doesn't work. Do I need to swap out the 3rd opto board or do I need to look at a new switch or light?

Added 42 days ago:

3rd board made no difference. Will swap out the Opto itself and see what happens. If that doesn't work I'll dive into the boards

#3826 42 days ago

How do I check to see what game code I have? It might need an upgrade

#3827 42 days ago

Open coin door look at DMD. Or open coin door hit the "Enter" button look at the display. Something like that.

#3828 41 days ago
Quoted from splattii:

The opto near the ship on my game doesn't work. When you shoot the ball into the area nothing happens, the ball just rolls out and back down towards the flippers. The boat itself works though, I've managed to hit it via Liars Dice or whatever it's called so I know the boat itself works. I replaced 2 of the 3 opto boards, both of the boards near the bottom of the playfield as I assume the one under the chest isn't my issue. It still doesn't work. Do I need to swap out the 3rd opto board or do I need to look at a new switch or light?

Added yesterday: 3rd board made no difference. Will swap out the Opto itself and see what happens. If that doesn't work I'll dive into the boards

Make sure you check the connection from the optos to the board. The two pin connectors can be very problematic. You may have to bend the pins a bit away from each other or even solder the wires directly.

#3829 40 days ago

Hi Guys i made a few extras of these Pirate shooter rods recently so if anyone is interested just shoot me a PM.
I had made previous batches of these with longer rods also to suit the Black Rose machine but these 2 are using Stern sized blanks.
The earring is easily removable if it bothers people but i only ever had positive feedback about that and no one mentioned that it got in the way or felt uncomfortable.
Cheers

DSC06670 (resized).JPGDSC06670 (resized).JPGDSC06671 (resized).JPGDSC06671 (resized).JPGDSC06672 (resized).JPGDSC06672 (resized).JPGDSC06673 (resized).JPGDSC06673 (resized).JPG
#3830 39 days ago

What happens after Davy Jones ?? is there another wizard mode or something? (not that Ill ever see it lol)

#3831 38 days ago

What happens after Davy Jones ?? is there another wizard mode or something? (not that Ill ever see it lol)

There is a Four Winds Multiball after completing the compass. Completing Davy Jones is just one of the eight tasks on the compass.

#3832 38 days ago
Quoted from hypnotoad:

There is a Four Winds Multiball after completing the compass. Completing Davy Jones is just one of the eight tasks on the compass.

Yeah I see, but is there anything after the four winds multi ball a I wonder? there must be.

#3833 38 days ago

big points

#3834 37 days ago
Quoted from hypnotoad:

Make sure you check the connection from the optos to the board. The two pin connectors can be very problematic. You may have to bend the pins a bit away from each other or even solder the wires directly.

It turned out to be a cut wire on the opto censor on the left side of the ship. This is the first time since owning it I can actually hit the ship. Have to say, makes the game a little better lol

#3835 34 days ago

Yeah I see, but is there anything after the four winds multi ball a I wonder? there must be.

After Four Winds is Gauntlet of Pirates multiball.

https://www.pinballnews.com/games/potc/index7.html

#3836 34 days ago
Quoted from PinViking:

You can buy the same motor used in Tortuga new as a shaker replacement motor from PBL for $40. Just resolder the capacitor. The reason the motor breaks is it is being used vertically mounted, but the motor itself was designed for horizontal applications. The bearings are not made for vertical pressure.

https://www.pinballlife.com/replacement-motor-for-stern-shaker-kits.html

(Compare the two and you'll see).

#3837 34 days ago

The DMD will provide the gamecode version that has been flashed, and if you open the back box, you can see the BOOT CHIP version. (Latest is V3.1 BOOT ROM). You *May* need the latest boot chip ($20 from Matt's Basement) to enable a successful flash of the BIN file for the game.

1 week later
#3838 26 days ago

Did potc come with a shaker from the factory?
Looking to buy one and guy says it has 6.0 version is that the latest?

#3839 26 days ago
Quoted from t2:

Did potc come with a shaker from the factory?

They did not come with a shaker and it needed to be installed afterwards. Absolutely love this game and its the game I have had the longest in the collection.

#3840 21 days ago

Got our hands (back on) one yesterday!

This was the first POTC I ever played, and unboxed. It was for pinballplusMN customer delivered way back in the day. A year after a wire came off a coil or something easy and I just took care of it for them and apparently I left some sort of impression on them.

Fast forward to last September they decided it was time to move it along as the grandkids didn’t play it as much anymore. So we agreed on a tentative price as they went south for the winter and the game just sat since then.

They followed up with us last week and mentioned the husband is now in home hospice while the market has changed a little since last year…it’s like….gotta honor the price from last year.

So yesterday we picked up the game we dropped off over 15 years ago and they were happy to see it in our collection again. It didn’t see a lot of use as the grandkids mostly liked to hit the flipper buttons more than anything. A rebuild will be needed and maybe find a couple mods too. Software was 4.00 got that updated already

IMG_9388 (resized).jpegIMG_9388 (resized).jpegIMG_9389 (resized).jpegIMG_9389 (resized).jpegIMG_9410 (resized).jpegIMG_9410 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 3,840 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.