Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 76.
#3551 10 months ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Anyone here making alternate instruction cards? Found these on eBay. Really like how colorful they are vs yellow.
[quoted image]

On the Instruction Card under Multiball it reads, "shoot the several times to destroy it", not so sure that's worded correctly.

#3552 10 months ago

Was that the one for $5,400 with color DMD and other mods?

No, that in itself was a solid deal. The one being referenced was $3500. I almost thought about having it shipped and still coming in well under current value

#3553 10 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

No, that in itself was a solid deal. The one being referenced was $3500. I almost thought about having it shipped and still coming in well under current value

I would bought it if it was not pending....Oh well back to waiting for another great deal.

#3554 10 months ago

Was that the one for $5,400 with color DMD and other mods?

No, all original HUO with very little plays for $3500.

#3555 10 months ago

Ninja balls....many people here had experience with these?

I bought a new set for my pirates some months ago....I think I got them from Marcos, not 100% sure now.....but after a few months, they are riddled with marks and now look like really old balls......what is other peoples experience with these?

#3556 10 months ago
Quoted from Ricbec:Ninja balls....many people here had experience with these?
I bought a new set for my pirates some months ago....I think I got them from Marcos, not 100% sure now.....but after a few months, they are riddled with marks and now look like really old balls......what is other peoples experience with these?

Interesting, have your removed them and tried to clean them? Could be the spinning disk making them dirty?

#3557 10 months ago

Anyone make an edit to the code to change the annoying little kid singing when a game starts? If not I’ll do it myself today. So cringey.

#3558 10 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Anyone make an edit to the code to change the annoying little kid singing when a game starts? If not I’ll do it myself today. So cringey.

Yeah. Who would want a movie based pinball machine to actually have movie audio in it...
/sarcasm off

#3559 10 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yeah. Who would want a movie based pinball machine to actually have movie audio in it...
/sarcasm off

I don't care where it's from. It sucks on a pinball machine and I hate it, so getting rid of it. Reminds me of the shitty callouts from Hook with the kids.

Figured I'd see if someone already did it to save me time.

#3560 10 months ago

The game starting with this quote instead of a little girl singing, is much more appropriate and gets the game under way in a fun manner.

#3561 10 months ago

Quick couple of edits getting the quote mixed into a good opening theme and done.

Went from this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aE785RCG_5aP4aXnJEUbOGD4lvp_5oyC/view?usp=drive_link

To this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rusimKSYpa5kMIQcYUT_xL8PTISEiDSU/view?usp=sharing

I know which one gets me a little pumped to start playing pinball.

#3562 10 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Quick couple of edits getting the quote mixed into a good opening theme and done.
Went from this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aE785RCG_5aP4aXnJEUbOGD4lvp_5oyC/view?usp=drive_link
To this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rusimKSYpa5kMIQcYUT_xL8PTISEiDSU/view?usp=sharing
I know which one gets me a little pumped to start playing pinball.

It's your game so set it up they way you like it.

For me I dislike quotes that are good in the movie but make no sense in the game. The game has nothing to do with catching capt Sparrow, so why would you almost catch him?

I also dislike the JP movies quotes for the same reason. Good in the movie but out of context in the pinball game.

#3563 10 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It's your game so set it up they way you like it.
For me I dislike quotes that are good in the movie but make no sense in the game. The game has nothing to do with catching capt Sparrow, so why would you almost catch him?
I also dislike the JP movies quotes for the same reason. Good in the movie but out of context in the pinball game.

I had to get rid of the kid singing. I just have the game temporary on loan from a friend who is out of space. Not even my game and I dislike that start of the game out so much I had to change it.

The game isn’t much fun at all. I think my new call out at the start of the game is the best part of it lol.

#3564 10 months ago

The game isn't fun? I mean.., that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. The game is an absolute blast in my personal opinion, and is a crowd favorite anytime I have people over. However its not for everyone, as with most things in life. If you dig around you can find different sound files people have made for the game.

#3565 10 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I had to get rid of the kid singing. I just have the game temporary on loan from a friend who is out of space. Not even my game and I dislike that start of the game out so much I had to change it.
The game isn’t much fun at all. I think my new call out at the start of the game is the best part of it lol.

If he becomes permanently out of space I’ll take it

#3566 10 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

If he becomes permanently out of space I’ll take it

It’ll be listed for sale soon.

#3567 10 months ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

The game isn't fun? I mean.., that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. The game is an absolute blast in my personal opinion, and is a crowd favorite anytime I have people over. However its not for everyone, as with most things in life. If you dig around you can find different sound files people have made for the game.

Not my style of game at all. The left ramp that just drops the ball into a spinning disk, sucks. That does not feel fun to shoot, and does not give me any satisfaction. The spinning disk should be on the right in the skill shot area that would make more sense. Then do something with that left ramp more interesting.

The ship, while a really cool mech, is boring to shoot at. Just a little hallway for the ball with a post that holds it briefly. It’s no Castle on medieval madness that’s for sure. Then, when the ship opens up for the Kraken shot, you’re just shooting the ball into the pops. Big deal.

Nice game to look at and while it looks quite loaded compared to other games, it is not loaded in the Pinball fun department.

#3568 10 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Not my style of game at all. The left ramp that just drops the ball into a spinning disk, sucks. That does not feel fun to shoot, and does not give me any satisfaction. The spinning disk should be on the right in the skill shot area that would make more sense. Then do something with that left ramp more interesting.
The ship, while a really cool mech, is boring to shoot at. Just a little hallway for the ball with a post that holds it briefly. It’s no Castle on medieval madness that’s for sure. Then, when the ship opens up for the Kraken shot, you’re just shooting the ball into the pops. Big deal.
Nice game to look at and while it looks quite loaded compared to other games, it is not loaded in the Pinball fun department.

I think you’re looking for the “ratings” section for this game. This is a club for members that actually like their POTC machines. I don’t think coming into the POTC club and shitting all over the game is the best way to handle your apparent dislike for it. The “ratings” section is where you should input your thoughts on the game. Sorry that you find it to be terrible…most of us, like 99.9 percent of us, truly like it. Cheers!

#3569 10 months ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

I think you’re looking for the “ratings” section for this game. This is a club for members that actually like their POTC machines. I don’t think coming into the POTC club and shitting all over the game is the best way to handle your apparent dislike for it. The “ratings” section is where you should input your thoughts on the game. Sorry that you find it to be terrible…most of us, like 99.9 percent of us, truly like it. Cheers!

It's a forum for people who own the game. Not a cheerleading forum. Try dealing with another opinion on a game you like. It's fine. Really it is.

Just got the game and expressing my opinion. Cheers!

#3570 10 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It's a forum for people who own the game. Not a cheerleading forum. Try dealing with another opinion on a game you like. It's fine. Really it is.

But...you don't own the game. Where did you think expressing a negative opinion amongst a fan club for the game was going to lead?

#3571 10 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I don’t play mine much(90% of my playing is on the P3) but have noticed that guests find POTC more approachable than Spike 2 games. I find it ok for mindless flipping fun. I find the ahip to be a better toy than the castle on MM. Yes I’ve owned it. I found that most non-pinheads didn’t even notice the drawbridge and gate. They do notice the ship sinking.

#3572 10 months ago

Go POTC team!!!! Go!!

IMG_0803 (resized).pngIMG_0803 (resized).png

#3573 10 months ago

Sounds to me like we have a Stowaway that snuck on board

#3574 10 months ago

Sounds to me like we have a Stowaway that snuck on board

Where's the plank?!

#3575 10 months ago

The other day I finished my final version of the custom music edit. The main music tracks are now replaced with the movie music soundtracks and it sounds SO much better! No quote to start the game anymore, not from me and not the lame baby singing that Stern had in there.

Anyone wanting to have a more official movie sounding pin and lose the singing toddler that begins every game, just message me for the file link.

#3576 10 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The other day I finished my final version of the custom music edit. The main music tracks are now replaced with the movie music soundtracks and it sounds SO much better! No quote to start the game anymore, not from me and not the lame baby singing that Stern had in there.
Anyone wanting to have a more official movie sounding pin and lose the singing toddler that begins every game, just message me for the file link.

Would love to see a Youtube video of the changes you made. That would be awesome!

#3577 10 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Would love to see a Youtube video of the changes you made. That would be awesome!

Youtube will probably flag the music for copyright. lol

It's a small file, under 30mb, so it's quick to download and quick to install via USB stick to check out. If someone has owned this for years, it'll be a welcome change to their ears.

#3578 10 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

There are a shitload of movie soundtrack ROMs for this game - I have 4 or 5 of them. What makes yours so different and better (other than the start quote being changed)? I'm willing to try it but I have a feeling it'll be the same as the others.

#3579 10 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

There are a shitload of movie soundtrack ROMs for this game - I have 4 or 5 of them. What makes yours so different and better (other than the start quote being changed)? I'm willing to try it but I have a feeling it'll be the same as the others.

Do they all still have the lame singing at the start of every game? I tried two I found links for and they both had that. In fact, one version went as far to remix that shit lol.

Another version had a bad quality main track that had a stutter with a brief silence and then the track started again and it annoyed me.

Mine is better than the two I tried. At that point it was faster to make my own that I am happy with. Also sharing it for anyone who wants it.

#3580 9 months ago

Anyone know if there is a PotC Airball Deflector (for Sneezeguard Removal) available to purchase somewhere out there???
The one by maffewl seems no longer available and he is not responding the pm

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maffewls-potc-airball-deflector-for-sneezeguard-removal

#3581 9 months ago

My buddy recently got a POTC in fabulous condition, but looks like someone tried to force the ship face off and cracked it bad. Fixed er up good for him!

IMG_5878 (resized).jpegIMG_5878 (resized).jpegIMG_9962 (resized).jpegIMG_9962 (resized).jpegIMG_9965 (resized).jpegIMG_9965 (resized).jpeg
#3582 9 months ago

My buddy recently got a POTC in fabulous condition, but looks like someone tried to force the ship face off and cracked it bad. Fixed er up good for him!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work on that!

I'm guessing that damage is just from countless hits from the ball. My ship is cracked the same way but there is no available replacement so I've just kind of lived with it until hopefully something comes available. Or maybe someone ( ) starts repairing them.

#3583 9 months ago

When and if you decide to take it off I can def fix it for ya!

#3584 9 months ago

What did you use to fill in the missing part?

#3585 9 months ago

When and if you decide to take it off I can def fix it for ya!

I may take you up on that but it would likely be more like fall. I'll have the game apart to replace my main ramp so that would be a good time. I'll be in the market for a couple of those cool little spotlight barrels as well.

Thanks for offering!

#3586 9 months ago
Quoted from A1k71:

Anyone know if there is a PotC Airball Deflector (for Sneezeguard Removal) available to purchase somewhere out there???
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maffewls-potc-airball-deflector-for-sneezeguard-removal

I've taken my sneezeguard off and things have been fine.....no airballs for me

#3587 9 months ago

Working on a POTC and the spinning disk doesn't always stop when the ball exits, sometimes speeding up. Is this usually due to the opto/switch at the exit of the spinning disk? What is the typical bulletproofing on this game for under playfield boards/optos? Game also scores points without switches being hit and makes a screeching sound (guessing because the sound byte can't finish playing due to the switch triggering so fast?). I'll check switch test and see what's going on as well. Thanks!

#3588 9 months ago
Quoted from Ricbec:

I've taken my sneezeguard off and things have been fine.....no airballs for me

I've yet to have an airball in the week I've been playing the game.

#3589 9 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I don’t play mine much(90% of my playing is on the P3) but have noticed that guests find POTC more approachable than Spike 2 games. I find it ok for mindless flipping fun. I find the ahip to be a better toy than the castle on MM. Yes I’ve owned it. I found that most non-pinheads didn’t even notice the drawbridge and gate. They do notice the ship sinking.

Imo the ship is on par with the castle on MM.

The game is more slower paced and you can tuck balls up in the spinning disk during Multiball and the rules are simple enough to explain to noobs. All the noobs and kids at my house love playing Potc.

Potc is loaded with moving mechanics you won’t find on a lot of games today. Two ramps are fine.

#3590 9 months ago

Working on a POTC and the spinning disk doesn't always stop when the ball exits, sometimes speeding up. Is this usually due to the opto/switch at the exit of the spinning disk? What is the typical bulletproofing on this game for under playfield boards/optos? Game also scores points without switches being hit and makes a screeching sound (guessing because the sound byte can't finish playing due to the switch triggering so fast?). I'll check switch test and see what's going on as well. Thanks!

When I have opto issues, I reseat all the opto connectors under the playfield and the connectors up in the back box. The latter of which seems to fix things for a while.

#3591 9 months ago
Quoted from bajm:

When I have opto issues, I reseat all the opto connectors under the playfield and the connectors up in the back box. The latter of which seems to fix things for a while.

Good call. I'll try this along with switch test to see what I can find. Thanks!

#3592 9 months ago

If I’m running the “sink ship” test, do I need to manually fold the sails before doing it? Otherwise the ship seems to get stuck trying to go down.

#3593 9 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

do I need to manually fold the sails before doing it?

No, they should go down on their own.

The coil on the ship for that, the wiring is a wear item. Can break inside the casing where you can't see it.

I'd remove the ship. Replace the wires from coil to connector. Reassemble.

Good for years of use again.

LTG : )

#3594 9 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

The coil on the ship for that, the wiring is a wear item. Can break inside the casing where you can't see it.

Good info. Mine has been folding intermittently lately. Going to have to look at that.

#3595 9 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

What’s weird is that they folded during gameplay when i sunk it, but not during the mech test

#3596 9 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

What’s weird is that they folded during gameplay when i sunk it, but not during the mech test

Sounds like it's either cursed or haunted...

#3597 9 months ago
Quoted from A1k71:

Yep. I’d like to get one too. I also messaged maffewl with no response either. Wonder if anyone who has one could use theirs as a template to get more made..? Would be cool to get it in another color like a light blue.

#3598 9 months ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Yep. I’d like to get one too. I also messaged maffewl with no response either. Wonder if anyone who has one could use theirs as a template to get more made..? Would be cool to get it in another color like a light blue.

Add me to the list. Surely someone here has the capability to cut these out of plastic and create a slightly different shape? Hope all is ok with maffewl.

#3599 9 months ago

Hey friends I have access to an acrylic cutting service… might be able to come up with something

#3600 9 months ago

Hey friends I have access to an acrylic cutting service… might be able to come up with something

Yes please! You know I'm good for one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.