Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 76.
#3501 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Where did you get the non ghosting LEDs? .

I get all mine from pinballbulbs.com

Everyone has been faultless and perform brilliantly

#3502 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Interesting I have Comet NG 1SMD in all my feature lamps with no problem, and have used them in a number of my games including a sega and no issues. I love em, 2SMD tend to be a bit bright for most inserts In my opinion. Comet is the way to go for sure C0untDeM0net

+1 for Comet brand bulbs. Great product, great people.

#3503 1 year ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Sorry missed that. I had a few that flickered also. Previous owner changed out bulbs. I went through and used comet non-ghosting bulbs and its all good now. What leds are you using?

That are Comet 2smd non ghosting….

#3504 1 year ago
Quoted from metalkatt:I have a question for all of you that installed LED bulbs in your inserts…I just put non-ghosting in all my playfield inserts and I’m getting some weird subtle flickering from some of them, especially on the compass area. Any of you experienced this?

Consider using an LED OCD board

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/led-ocd-boards-for-inserts

#3505 1 year ago

Yeah that was my next step….I was just curious if others had this issue. I’m not real familiar with this era of Stern so I figured I’d see if this was a common problem before I spent more money….

#3506 1 year ago

Does potc have dimming effects?

I bought mine with leds (that ghost really bad actually) so I don’t know if I’m missing out on something there.

#3507 1 year ago

Nds777 do they all ghost? like every feature lamp?

#3508 1 year ago
Quoted from Nds777:

Does potc have dimming effects?
I bought mine with leds (that ghost really bad actually) so I don’t know if I’m missing out on something there.

Use the LED OCD for GIzmo for that (general illumination).

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/led-ocd-boards-general-illumination.

#3509 1 year ago

There are actually 2 products … GI OCD and LED OCD. The later is for inserts and feature lamps - which almost always are the ghosting offenders. However it’s still good to know if for sure you have all non-ghosting bulbs in the inserts.

Also -just an FYI - my f you do Olán to get and led ocd, they recommend using standard leds NOT using non ghosting bulbs.

1 week later
#3510 1 year ago

Hi everyone,
I'd like to share with you the gallery of all the mods I've made for my POTC pinball!
Thank you

https://www.dystopicpinball.com/my-pinball-gallery/pirates-of-the-caribbean

#3511 1 year ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

I'd like to share with you the gallery of all the mods I've made for my POTC pinball!

Where did you get your Jack the Monkey?

#3512 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Where did you get your Jack the Monkey?

I believe he's selling them. Or at least made his own.

LTG : )

#3513 1 year ago

Hi everyone,
Thank you

This guy is legit and makes great mods. I have the rope bridge for my POTC and the female magician for my TOM machine. Both of them are great and really adds to the visual appeal of the pins. Pretty fast shipper too and responds to emails pretty quick as well.

#3514 1 year ago

Hi everyone,
Thank you

Cool stuff, but I don’t prices?

#3515 1 year ago

Finally found a set of Art of Pinball plastic covers. So many great mods for this machine but really don’t want to junk it up

F9C83987-6D8A-4475-832E-35DB30E53E9B (resized).jpegF9C83987-6D8A-4475-832E-35DB30E53E9B (resized).jpeg
#3517 1 year ago

Just joined the club. We finished up the movies a couple weeks ago so the kiddos are loving it!

PXL_20230304_234316103.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20230304_234316103.NIGHT (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3519 1 year ago

Recently got a Pirates unfortunately looks like there's a couple issues with it. To start off with the Sword Fight mode and compass insert appears to light / be marked as completed after only a few hits... Any ideas where I can start with this one?

#3520 1 year ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

Any ideas where I can start with this one?

I'd snoop around adjustments to see if they can be changed.

#3522 1 year ago

That is AWESOME! Matt does incredible work.

#3523 1 year ago

My Pirates is for sale if you know anyone looking for a really nice, HUO version with color DMD and extras.

Chicago area, $6,450

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/147904

1 week later
#3524 1 year ago

Hello again!
It's pretty hard to find those ND flipper coils in europe (or at least in same places where I would like to order some other stuff.
So the question, can I use 090-5030-30 coils if I just remove diode? Or some other coil that is more common?

Thanks

2 weeks later
#3525 1 year ago

Does anyone have a link to the latest custom audio code someone here created?
Thanks!

3 weeks later
#3526 11 months ago

Hopefully someone can answer this silly question.....

I'm in need of a new roller over switch for the left outline......not to difficult

In the book it says to use switch, 500-6227-04.....the book also says to use same switch number on the right

Yet when I search for the switch online, all the retailers say 500-6227-04 is a right side switch, and 500-6227-03 is for the left.......of course I can't find 500-6227-03 in stock here in Aus......the only difference is the orientation of the switch and roll over wire is the opposite way round on the mounting bracket......I'm guessing (hoping), that using the right side switch will be fine.....it will just be the wrong way round but the ball should still roll over just fine?

#3527 11 months ago
Quoted from Ricbec:

I'm guessing (hoping),

I have a crazy idea. Get the right side switch. Then take the busted left side switch in your game. Remove the busted switch from the bracket and toss the switch and save the bracket.

Now take your new right switch/bracket assembly. Remove the switch from the bracket. Save the bracket in case this gets screwed up. Put your new switch on the old left bracket.

Install back in the game. Get wires/diode back in correct. Done.

#3528 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have a crazy idea. Get the right side switch. Then take the busted left side switch in your game. Remove the busted switch from the bracket and toss the switch and save the bracket.
Now take your new right switch/bracket assembly. Remove the switch from the bracket. Save the bracket in case this gets screwed up. Put your new switch on the old left bracket.
Install back in the game. Get wires/diode back in correct. Done.

I figured it out....it is the right sise switch used in the left side from factory.....bit confusing, but that's how it is

Another question.....playfield waxing.....I see alot of different info about different playfields from different generations, some not really suitable for waxing while some are

Is the original playfield of this game suitable for carnuba wax?.....playfield is in really good condition, but could be glossier.....any recommendations or am I on the right path?

#3529 11 months ago

You will get a million different opinions on cleaning and waxing but One Grand Blitz Carnauba Wax was recommended to me and what I use. You don’t want wax with silicone in it. Blitz is one of the few that doesn’t contain any.

#3530 11 months ago

Anyone else changed a clutch out in a pirate ship?!(;
I did but the ship keeps going back down after a few days of use. My old clutch was blown the screws broken off inside & I luckily scored the last clutch on Marco, however something still isn’t right.
If anyone can pop the hood and see if your clutch plates are showing and snap me a pic ifso I would greatly appreciate it. Can’t tell if I missed something or but the plates look a little wonky. The ship worked fine then within a week it was down again, I tightened the screws on the clutch and it was back working, then within a week it’s down again. So something isn’t holding correctly.
Thanks for any assistance!

8FF697D7-5944-48C7-876A-BCDF088ED881 (resized).jpeg8FF697D7-5944-48C7-876A-BCDF088ED881 (resized).jpegF9FB45CB-56E2-4C32-A359-F36D9413348E (resized).jpegF9FB45CB-56E2-4C32-A359-F36D9413348E (resized).jpeg
#3531 11 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Thanks for any assistance!

Screw tighter or blue locktite. Clean shaft of any grease or oil.

#3532 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Screw tighter or blue locktite. Clean shaft of any grease or oil.

Ok thanks. The clutch is a hard plastic material that the screws just dig into, I guess the locktite will hold ok in that?
I wish it had threads in there. The clutch kit actually came with screws that were too long 7/8 instead of the 5/8 spec in the manual, looked like they would’ve busted out the other side of the clutch.
Anyway it seemed like I had the 3 plates set the correct way but I guess the screws are just backing out of the plastic material. Arrr

#3533 11 months ago

Also my other question was if there’s supposed to be 3 plates plus the backing plate (4 total). Because my Marco clutch kit only came with 2 plates plus the backing plate (3 total) and I’m wondering if that is why the plates look like they’re leaning in this pic, and if someone else’s pic would show a difference in how this area looks, I’m afraid it’s missing one plate and don’t want to locktite it yet if that’s the case. Thanks

#3534 11 months ago

Possibly simple questions:

1) about the ship mech. When I played the game, the ship sunk seemingly without issue. When I try to run the ship test it starts to go down but seems to get stuck and won't sink. I did push the button to make the game think the coin door was closed

2) what could cause the audits to show 0 plays across all categories outside of a code update? Could the lithium battery have died if never replaced?

#3535 11 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Possibly simple questions:
1) about the ship mech. When I played the game, the ship sunk seemingly without issue. When I try to run the ship test it starts to go down but seems to get stuck and won't sink. I did push the button to make the game think the coin door was closed
2) what could cause the audits to show 0 plays across all categories outside of a code update? Could the lithium battery have died if never replaced?

Make sure the sails are down. It can't sink with the sails up.

#3536 11 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Make sure the sails are down. It can't sink with the sails up.

That's probably it, they won't go down as part of the test mode I assume then?

#3537 11 months ago

I have ran into an issue. The Tortuga multiball will randomly begin on its own. When this happens you hear the audio for the multiball,Tortuga! However, the animation of the cannons shooting down the wall does not happen.

This happens if you get a ball into Tortuga and also happens at random. There have been a few times where I can play for 10 or so minutes before the problem happens. It's not consistent but always ends up happening.

Also, it's always a four ball multiball.

Looking for some ideas on where to start trouble shooting.

#3538 11 months ago
Quoted from EasternTraveler:

I have ran into an issue. The Tortuga multiball will randomly begin on its own. When this happens you hear the audio for the multiball,Tortuga! However, the animation of the cannons shooting down the wall does not happen.
This happens if you get a ball into Tortuga and also happens at random. There have been a few times where I can play for 10 or so minutes before the problem happens. It's not consistent but always ends up happening.
Also, it's always a four ball multiball.
Looking for some ideas on where to start trouble shooting.

Check your switches first to see if any of them are active….I think the optos on the ramp engage that mode

#3539 11 months ago

Added colorDMD and Disney code - What other must have mods are available these days? Really happy with these sideblades I just picked up from Pinstein

F43404F5-640D-41B2-B5B7-7BED1A131A01 (resized).jpegF43404F5-640D-41B2-B5B7-7BED1A131A01 (resized).jpeg
#3540 11 months ago
Quoted from ZedMcGlunk:

Added colorDMD and Disney code - What other must have mods are available these days? Really happy with these sideblades I just picked up from Pinstein
[quoted image]

Check out some of the mods made for the Jersey Jack version of their POTC pin as well. Several of them, like Jack the money, pirates ye be warned and a couple others fit inside the Stern version as well. I really like the rope bridge mod that replaces the ugly sneeze guard in front of the pirate ship looks good as well.

#3541 11 months ago

I think I might have asked this question before, but I can't find it

The spinner on my game is noisy from time to time on my game, can someone post a couple of pics exactly where I need to lubricate it (has metal on metal noise).....am I correct that I just use some machine oil sparingly on it?, do I need to remove the disk to do this properly?

Cheers lads

#3542 11 months ago
Quoted from Ricbec:

The spinner on my game is noisy from time to time on my game, can someone post a couple of pics exactly where I need to lubricate it (has metal on metal noise)

I don't think you really need pics. The spinner has a metal rod sticking out of each side. These two rods each go into a hole on the metal frame around it. A tiny drop of oil by the hole should do it.

I made you a picture, may not be exactly the same as in your game. The spots to oil are the same, the red arrows point to them.

pbl-100-0014-00spinner (resized).jpgpbl-100-0014-00spinner (resized).jpg
#3543 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't think you really need pics. The spinner has a metal rod sticking out of each side. These two rods each go into a hole on the metal frame around it. A tiny drop of oil by the hole should do it.
I made you a picture, may not be exactly the same as in your game. The spots to oil are the same, the red arrows point to them.
[quoted image]

Sorry, I didn't explain it properly, I meant the round spinner you enter after the tortuga ramp

#3544 11 months ago
Quoted from Ricbec:

the round spinner you enter after the tortuga ramp

Check the Stern website, there is a service bulletin about this. First 200 games, but should help you.

#3545 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check the Stern website, there is a service bulletin about this. First 200 games, but should help you.

Found it....cheers

2 weeks later
#3546 10 months ago

Anyone here making alternate instruction cards? Found these on eBay. Really like how colorful they are vs yellow.

IMG_7646 (resized).jpegIMG_7646 (resized).jpeg
#3547 10 months ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Anyone here making alternate instruction cards? Found these on eBay. Really like how colorful they are vs yellow.
[quoted image]

I printed some of these on photo paper and cropped them https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/12#post-5259547

#3549 10 months ago

Someone just got a killer deal on a HUO one owner POTC in Georgia. I'm jealous.

#3550 10 months ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

Someone just got a killer deal on a HUO one owner POTC in Georgia. I'm jealous.

Was that the one for $5,400 with color DMD and other mods?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.