• I wish I were a Pirate 60 votes
    23%
  • I have no interest in Pirates 18 votes
    7%
  • I was a Pirate in the past but not at present. 32 votes
    12%

(262 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 519 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

potc (resized).jpeg
fa740f3760c1e7cc46aa9b6a659878ce9b3294e7.jpeg (resized).jpg
DSC_2701 (resized).JPG
DSC_2693 (resized).JPG
20190416_222656 (resized).jpg
538C151E-7512-4693-AAE4-79625D2E1373 (resized).jpeg
DB2D7DEF-5DE8-4EFE-8A2B-6183FF456D87 (resized).jpeg
9D23A815-E036-4E84-8692-E7258EA2C223.jpeg
2DC55E89-197A-4632-B088-0CDF6C5E3702.jpeg
00B04A2A-6015-4459-8548-45C47818F546.jpeg
F4A2A4C0-0724-4A33-8099-EC72AB1C4DC8.jpeg
7B5DFC68-684C-4EAB-ADC4-289B88C5A698.jpeg
BCA69828-AC7E-4AA8-9943-F550996BBDAC.jpeg
5063972D-51DA-4AEA-BCAC-C9C917026D7E.jpeg
1CCF55AF-CC82-4910-BCFF-E802D7914A30.jpeg
6122105F-2500-4DAF-91DA-D17DF8B6B150.jpeg

There are 2099 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 42.
#302 3 years ago
Quoted from DrScoops:

Has anyone had any experience with LCD OCD and their POTC? I have some ghosting and it sounds like this maybe the solution.

Yes!! I bought my POTC with LEDs already installed and the ghosting was terrible. I bought the LEDOCD board, screwed it down, plugged it in, and all the ghosting went away. I didn't even change any of the settings. Very nice product!!!

#303 3 years ago

Just added my home brew topper. 60 bucks, and a little wiring.

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#304 3 years ago

I like it. Cool back glass art also.

#305 3 years ago

The skulls I picked up at Costco, Halloween props that ran on 3 aa batteries, wired them to 5v, and the centre is a metal ship with flag, can mount a rum bottle to it too. Skulls were only 10 each! Translite I bought from member here, Mallory I believe.

#306 3 years ago

Hey everyone... I'm looking into purchasing a POTC. Can anyone help me with common issues/areas/tests to look into (or if it's been discussed, link me to it)? Thanks!

#307 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Hey everyone... I'm looking into purchasing a POTC. Can anyone help me with common issues/areas/tests to look into (or if it's been discussed, link me to it)? Thanks!

Shopping one out now. Make sure the ship works. A new ship motor is 180. The clutch, which was bad on mine, is 60. Check that the ship sails aren't broken, they are 20 dollars each. Check that the tortuga compass decal (spinning disc) isn't worn out. That is 40.

The plastic set is no longer available. Other's can chime in about other issues, but that is what i have seen so far.

#309 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Get 'em while they last boys.... ebay.com link ยป Pirates Pinball Machine By Stern Complete Plastic Set 803 5000 92 Brand New

The plastic set is no longer available again.

#310 3 years ago

Those of you that missed out, keep an eye on ePay, this seller has posted several PoTC plastic sets...

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from Starwriter:

Yes!! I bought my POTC with LEDs already installed and the ghosting was terrible. I bought the LEDOCD board, screwed it down, plugged it in, and all the ghosting went away. I didn't even change any of the settings. Very nice product!!!

Starwriter, thanks for your reply. Just what I was hoping to hear. I was alittle intimidated by the thought of having to program the lights, but it sounds like the defaults are enough to to end the ghosting.

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Those of you that missed out, keep an eye on ePay, this seller has posted several PoTC plastic sets...

Yeah...it's Automated. They're probably crankin' 'em out in Mike's garage or something.

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Shopping one out now. Make sure the ship works. A new ship motor is 180. The clutch, which was bad on mine, is 60. Check that the ship sails aren't broken, they are 20 dollars each. Check that the tortuga compass decal (spinning disc) isn't worn out. That is 40.
The plastic set is no longer available. Other's can chime in about other issues, but that is what i have seen so far.

Excellent. Thanks for the help.

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I am restoring one right now as well....I have a question. See my pictures below.
Is the kraken supposed to have 1 of fasteners stick into the ball lane (leg of bracket and screw stick in the lane). Should have this been reversed somehow? What does yours look like. Seems like a Stern mess up.

Green arrow - hole is hidden behind ball guide rail. Red arrow, this one sticks out into the lane.

Click on picture for bigger image.

Others, feel free to chime in.

2016-01-11_22-38-45_(resized).jpg

#315 3 years ago

When you get this let us know. THANKS!

I contacted them, but was unsure if this is a replacement for the compass decal or does it go over the top of it to protect it. My limited communication with them as that it was a replacement and not a protector.

Let us know in the near future...much thanks.

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

The clutch, which was bad on mine, is 60.

You might be able to rebuild your clutch with these parts depending on whats broken or worn. See page 80 of the manual for an exploded diagram of the clutch.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2030

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3711

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

When you get this let us know. THANKS!
I contacted them, but was unsure if this is a replacement for the compass decal or does it go over the top of it to protect it. My limited communication with them as that it was a replacement and not a protector.
Let us know in the near future...much thanks.

It's just arrived, the protector is a basically a transparent decal that sticks over the top, made of the same stuff as the repro compass decal, available separately:
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/pirates-of-the-caribbean/3702/disc-decal-for-pirates-of-the-caribbean?c=2813

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I have a question. See my pictures below.
Is the kraken supposed to have 1 of fasteners stick into the ball lane (leg of bracket and screw stick in the lane). Should have this been reversed somehow? What does yours look like. Seems like a Stern mess up

Although It sticks into the lane ,It does not interfere with ball travel. I have shopped several pirates and yours is correct. No worries.

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Although It sticks into the lane ,It does not interfere with ball travel. I have shopped several pirates and yours is correct. No worries.

Saw that last night on mine. It is stock.

#320 3 years ago

All,

I could use some help.

If you use color rubbers on your flippers or colored sleeves could you post some pictures so I could get an idea of what colors look like.

thx.

#321 3 years ago

I'm new to the potc club as of today. What's the best mods and topper for this game. Any comments are much appreciated

#322 3 years ago

Back Alley Creations has the most extensive collection of mods by far.

http://www.backalleycreations.com/bac%20poc%20pinball%20addons%202.html

#323 3 years ago

Well, I did do red flipper rubbers, it matches the plastics just next to that. Added clear rubbers to the slings. Also did all GI in color, blue, red and green only slings are warm whites.
Added a lot of Zizzle figures, including a Kraken with leds in the eyes and slime in the belly. Check on eBay, you can find a lot there.
Also added a custom apron, had a friend made these and printed on high quality plastic. I like my machines with no cards and stickers.
Added a monkey and custom painted the chest. Added leds to the ship. Added some skulls and chest and a compass.

Still going to add a pirate ship and some additional lighting near the apron. Then the backbox lighting and I am ready.
Personally I do not like the Back Alley stuf, just to clean and a bit to big, but that is just taste.

Happy modding!

IMG_1198_(resized).JPG

IMG_1199_(resized).JPG

IMG_1200_(resized).JPG

IMG_1201_(resized).JPG

IMG_1202_(resized).JPG

#324 3 years ago

I really like that apron.

Are these available?

#325 3 years ago

Wow PeterG she looks great!! I also love that apron!

#326 3 years ago

I changed the flipper bands to red to match the plastics and changed the bats to black to match the cannons

image_(resized).jpg

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

I changed the flipper bands to red to match the plastics and changed the bats to black to match the cannons

Looks great!

#328 3 years ago

I have two of these aprons left. There not cheap - 55 dollar. You have to cut them yourself, I used a good big scissor. I got mine to cover up the ball lane, as that is not that nice anymore. As said there are printed on plastic - it is white, I coloured the side with a black pen. I would not know what the shipping costs are to get these to the US. There not heavy just big.

IMG_0761_(resized).JPG

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

image_(resized).jpg

I really like that idea, think that will be next on my machine.

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I have two of these aprons left. There not cheap - 55 dollar. You have to cut them yourself, I used a good big scissor. I got mine to cover up the ball lane, as that is not that nice anymore. As said there are printed on plastic - it is white, I coloured the side with a black pen. I would not know what the shipping costs are to get these to the US. There not heavy just big.

IMG_0761_(resized).JPG

PM sent ,to good looking to pass up

#331 3 years ago

PM sent as well

#332 3 years ago

For those who have been waiting for me to make more ship cannon led kits - they are being assembled right now. Should have 20 built by tomorrow.
http://www.weirpinball.com/mods/potcmod.html

Scott

#333 3 years ago

Scott, email sent. In for 2, great machine but this should have been factory for sure. Nice to see another run of this mod.

#334 3 years ago

I bought my POTC and it already had the cannon LED mod.

I agree, it looks great. Should have been factory stock.

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Well, I did do red flipper rubbers, it matches the plastics just next to that. Added clear rubbers to the slings. Also did all GI in color, blue, red and green only slings are warm whites.
Added a lot of Zizzle figures, including a Kraken with leds in the eyes and slime in the belly. Check on eBay, you can find a lot there.
Also added a custom apron, had a friend made these and printed on high quality plastic. I like my machines with no cards and stickers.
Added a monkey and custom painted the chest. Added leds to the ship. Added some skulls and chest and a compass.
Still going to add a pirate ship and some additional lighting near the apron. Then the backbox lighting and I am ready.
Personally I do not like the Back Alley stuf, just to clean and a bit to big, but that is just taste.
Happy modding!

IMG_1198_(resized).JPGIMG_1199_(resized).JPGIMG_1200_(resized).JPGIMG_1201_(resized).JPGIMG_1202_(resized).JPG

Where did you get the Monkey?
thx.

#336 3 years ago

Hi, I picked up my POTC about 6 months ago. I've been reading about changing the music with Pinball Browser. Seems pretty cool.

Has anyone done this with their Potc?

#337 3 years ago

Cannon mod kits are ready to ship. Shoot me a pm if you haven't had a reply yet or want to pick one up.

Scott

#338 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Where did you get the Monkey?
thx.

Bought it in eBay, after a lot of searching.

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Hi, I picked up my POTC about 6 months ago. I've been reading about changing the music with Pinball Browser. Seems pretty cool.
Has anyone done this with their Potc?

I changed the Starting and ending music with the He's a pirate song. Epic....

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Cannon mod kits are ready to ship. Shoot me a pm if you haven't had a reply yet or want to pick one up.
Scott

Payment sent. Great mod!

#341 3 years ago

The answer might already be in here - if so, I apologize - but I didn't see it.
I know there's an Easter Egg sequence for POTC - I've done it, but now can't find my notes or a link on how to do it.
If somebody knows - I'd appreciate it !

#342 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

The answer might already be in here - if so, I apologize - but I didn't see it.
I know there's an Easter Egg sequence for POTC - I've done it, but now can't find my notes or a link on how to do it.
If somebody knows - I'd appreciate it !

The game contains a secret credits sequence accessed by a special flipper button combination. You can activate it during attract mode with the following flipper button code where 7L means hit the left flipper button 7 times, 1R means hit the right flipper button once and B means hit both flipper buttons together:

B, 7L, 1R, 1L, 1R, 13L, 1R, 1R

#343 3 years ago

Thanks! I just found it in the PinballNews review of the game - which is pretty good "Guideline" to the game.

#344 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the cabinet art for this game is available for purchase?

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

which is pretty good "Guideline" to the game.

lol i get it!

#346 3 years ago

Seems everyone is disinclined to acquiesce my request.

#347 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I did not find it anywhere, the art is printed directly on the cabinet. So there are never decals made, but maybe somebody created this and made some nice decals. Otherwise create something yourself.....could be a great project.

#348 3 years ago

There are no decals I've ever seen either. I believe there are some places you can get custom decals made if you wanted a "mod" / alternative cabinet art

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

There are people who can do them from good hi def photos.

#350 3 years ago

I finally found that monkey. It just arrived. Series 1 Capt Barbossa. Paid about $20 for it.

image_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 50.00
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 2099 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 42.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside