Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 76.
#3201 1 year ago

Man, those letters are tiny...no wonder I never saw them. Plus...on my game, the chest lid closes after you get the H and appears to stay closed so you can't see how many letters you've achieved....is that normal?

#3202 1 year ago
Quoted from GregCon:

Man, those letters are tiny...no wonder I never saw them. Plus...on my game, the chest lid closes after you get the H and appears to stay closed so you can't see how many letters you've achieved....is that normal?

This is intentional, there is not much empathies on exactly how many H-E-A-R-T letters you have at any given time. Something that quite a few of us have done to make the H-E-A-R-T letters stand out much more, is to put 3-4 layers of parchment paper underneath the translucent H-E-A-R-T letters when the treasure chest opens. This makes the red letters and the beating heart stand out much much more. Please read posts #2284 and #2443 in this topic, or search this topic for the word 'parchment'

#3203 1 year ago

If you are using the Disney 2006 Zizzle Pirates of the Caribbean Talking Skull as a topper or part of a topper, how are you wiring it to have the eyes light up?

POTC Topper Part (resized).jpgPOTC Topper Part (resized).jpg
#3204 1 year ago

Pirates finally back in service. Part of time delay was finding time to get to it, with everyday things coming first. Anyway it started with ship motor only running one way, not allowing ship to sink.
-checked ship mech, tried new motor, relay, and verified clutch good - turned out to be shorted transistor on CPU - fixed

-board back in, all good right? Nope, ball auto launching from shooter lane, and my 5 yr old racks up huge grand champion score. He's happy of course, but turns out dirty trough opto for shooter issue, and barely touching wire on PARLAY skill shot opto, which would go off everytime a coil fired.

Now all fixed, but 3 unrelated issues all at once, more or less. Just in case anyone has similar fun down the road.

1 week later
#3205 1 year ago

Sharing my custom rom that I made with PinballBrowser. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pscd9r6v7CBMpOaqIjIxUYpngDGpqacQ?usp=sharing
I went with a movie soundtrack theme. I personally like most of the callouts in the game, just was looking to change the music and some of the sound effects. I modified the pirate standups to play sword fight sounds as I never really liked the default. I also modified the slingshots that sounded more like phasers than guns/cannon. They now sound like cannons. I added the actual sound files to the shared folder along with a spreadsheet of the requests that were modified. I used sbskins listing as a template to try to make an req listing consistent.
Hope you guys like it.

#3206 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing. looking forward to checking it out.

#3207 1 year ago
Quoted from mumble5:

Sharing my custom rom that I made with PinballBrowser. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pscd9r6v7CBMpOaqIjIxUYpngDGpqacQ?usp=sharing
I went with a movie soundtrack theme. I personally like most of the callouts in the game, just was looking to change the music and some of the sound effects. I modified the pirate standups to play sword fight sounds as I never really liked the default. I also modified the slingshots that sounded more like phasers than guns/cannon. They now sound like cannons. I added the actual sound files to the shared folder along with a spreadsheet of the requests that were modified. I used sbskins listing as a template to try to make an req listing consistent.
Hope you guys like it.

Love it! This is inspiring me to get back to working on my full list for everything there is. Great work! I'm going to load this up once I get home!

Edit: I'd also suggest posting this over in the POTC custom codes thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-potc-custom-codes/page/3#post-6898415

#3208 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Just heard back from Matt at BackAlley and he *is* going to create a new hull for the ship! He will dive in after Texas, so let’s give him some time and then look for it later in the spring. We’ll see what creativity he kicks in!

Hello, are there any news regarding the development of the replacement ship? Thank you

1 week later
#3209 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

If you are using the Disney 2006 Zizzle Pirates of the Caribbean Talking Skull as a topper or part of a topper, how are you wiring it to have the eyes light up?
[quoted image]

This will help. I posted some instructions on my blog
https://thepinballloft.com/2019/10/15/queens-yacht/

663AB536-4C56-49D3-BD50-0D6AD0FA3F0F (resized).jpeg663AB536-4C56-49D3-BD50-0D6AD0FA3F0F (resized).jpeg
#3210 1 year ago

Looks great! Love the different topper ideas.

Here's what I did for my custom topper. Large skull red eyes are tied into the center jolly roger insert.

IMG_5564 (resized).JPGIMG_5564 (resized).JPG

video....

#3211 1 year ago
Quoted from jamex:

Hello, are there any news regarding the development of the replacement ship? Thank you

I sent a note to Matt but have not heard back yet...

#3212 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

This will help. I posted some instructions on my blog

Thank you! Your instructions are very helpful.

#3213 1 year ago

I sent a note to Matt but have not heard back yet...

Thanks for answering me, let us know if he answers you

#3214 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Thank you! Your instructions are very helpful.

Glad they were a help

#3215 1 year ago
Quoted from jamex:

Just heard back from Matt. He’s finishing up some Spooky stuff and then plans to dive into the PotC hull. Sweet!

#3216 1 year ago

Just heard back from Matt. He’s finishing up some Spooky stuff and then plans to dive into the PotC hull. Sweet!

Thank you, it's wonderful

#3217 1 year ago

I had the cannon led mod to install and was waiting to hear if Matt was going to be making the new hull soon. I decided to go ahead with removing/drilling/reinstalling the old broken hull figuring it would invoke Murphy's Law. So for all those who need a new hull, you're welcome.
I guess now I have practice for when the new hull can be installed. The led ship cannon mod is a very cool mod BTW.

#3218 1 year ago

Saw this and was amazing:

#3219 1 year ago

Well, excited to say I just picked up my POTC tonight!

Lots to read and some questions to ask in the near future. Proud to be part of the club.

#3220 1 year ago

Are the color DMD's I hear about a plug and play deal or is it more involved?

#3221 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

Are the color DMD's I hear about a plug and play deal or is it more involved?

Read up here - https://www.colordmd.com/Support.html

LTG : )

#3222 1 year ago

Thank you! That looks manageable.

#3223 1 year ago

I'm sure a lot of info is buried in this thread somewhere and I have read back as far as page 50. Gonna take some time. On my lockdown bar I have what I believe is a "tournament" button, what exactly does it do?

#3224 1 year ago

I have what I believe is a "tournament" button, what exactly does it do?

SAM System games have the TOPS Tournament built into the game. If you set it up in settings ( start, stop, price per play, prizes, number of balls, etc. etc. ) When a TOPS Tournament is running. You use the start button for a non tournament game and if you want to play in the tournament, then you use the start button for the tournament.

#3225 1 year ago

Well, it's home and set up. Game seems to play great. Some cosmetic issues that I'd like to make better if possible. Obviously the game was routed at some point as someone carved initials in the wood and scratches on the lock bar.

I was thinking maybe a 'Dead men tell no tails' decal for the lock bar similar to the 'When dinosaurs ruled the earth' I've seen for JP?

Does anyone make these custom perhaps? Also I can't find the bone finger flipper covers or the led lights for the canons on the ship. Does anyone happen to have these they might sell?

Sadly I discovered I'm in the broken ship club so add me to the long list of people needing a replacement.

I feel I arrived late to the party, all the cool mods are no longer available and the group is kind of dead. I suppose that's why I don't see to many tales.

20220615_202059 (resized).jpg20220615_202059 (resized).jpg20220615_202159 (resized).jpg20220615_202159 (resized).jpg
#3226 1 year ago

Well, it's home and set up. Game seems to play great.

Enjoy your game, POTC is lots of fun. If it still has the sneezeguard get Maffewl's PotC Airball Deflector to replace it. Another easy worthwhile mod is to use 3 or 4 layers of parchment paper under the heart letters to make them stand out when lit. See post 2443 for a better explanation.

#3227 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Enjoy your game, POTC is lots of fun. If it still has the sneezeguard get Maffewl's PotC Airball Deflector to replace it. Another easy worthwhile mod is to use 3 or 4 layers of parchment paper under the heart letters to make them stand out when lit. See post 2443 for a better explanation.

Thanks!

I actually have deflector, just need to install it. Will try the parchment paper tomorrow evening. Thanks for the tip!!

#3228 1 year ago

Wanted to ask if there's a definitive audio (movie soundtrack) code that is the go to?

I have seen a few people have dabbled in it over the years. I'd like to give it a try. - Thanks!

#3229 1 year ago

Does anyone know if the main Parlay upper playfield plastic with the long ramps is available new? I can't find it and would like to replace mine if one exists.

Thanks!

#3230 1 year ago

Does anyone know if the main Parlay upper playfield plastic with the long ramps is available new? I can't find it and would like to replace mine if one exists.

NLA for years.

#3231 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

NLA for years.

Thank you, sir. I kinda figured that out via a hard internet search. Mine isn't terrible and I don't believe effects game play but there are a few points where it's cracked away from the support post. Bummed to see they are NLA. Just wanted to clean up my game a bit. I've got new plastics, everything but the main ramp.

#3232 1 year ago

Thank you, sir. I kinda figured that out via a hard internet search. Mine isn't terrible and I don't believe effects game play but there are a few points where it's cracked away from the support post. Bummed to see they are NLA. Just wanted to clean up my game a bit. I've got new plastics, everything but the main ramp.

Search for a forum called Freeplay40 Ramps and ask if they make them.

#3233 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Search for a forum called Freeplay40 Ramps and ask if they make them.

Found it- thanks!

#3235 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Marco has the pirate ship in stock

Why does it say out of stock ?

#3236 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Why does it say out of stock ?

they must have had very limited stock. I bought one and have the order confirmation

#3237 1 year ago

they must have had very limited stock. I bought one and have the order confirmation

Glad you were able to secure one.

#3238 1 year ago

If anyone had happened to grab two of them, I'd pay extra for one, mine is broken.

#3239 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:If anyone had happened to grab two of them, I'd pay extra for one, mine is broken.

I had an email notification setup if that item came back in stock. I never expected it but got that email notification this morning. It was still showing as in stock for about 30 minutes after I ordered. Hopefully others were able to grab one.

I'm going to attempt a scan of the ship into a 3d model when it gets here.

#3240 1 year ago

I was able to grab one!

#3241 1 year ago

I had an email notification setup if that item came back in stock. I never expected it but got that email notification this morning. It was still showing as in stock for about 30 minutes after I ordered. Hopefully others were able to grab one.
I'm going to attempt a scan of the ship into a 3d model when it gets here.

You should partner up with Back Alley. I have an extra NOS one still in the bag if Matt needs it.

#3242 1 year ago

It's beyond me why Stern would discontinue making parts for these machines. People aren't tossing there pins in the trash when they get old so there is always a demand for the parts. They have already done all the work on the moulds and such so now is the easy money part.

#3243 1 year ago

I thought Stern made them again? Where did Marco find the ones they sold this morning?

#3244 1 year ago

I received the notification that the ship was available, I was thrilled... But when I opened the link it told me out of stock.... What a disappointment

#3245 1 year ago

It's beyond me why Stern would discontinue making parts for these machines.

Manufacturers can't stock parts forever. Companies put profit into making the next game happen.

You have money tied up in stock. And money tied up storing the parts.

Williams had a 13% over run of game specific parts, and when they were gone, that was it. The ramp guys needed to sell 300 to make money, they'd sell 250 and store the rest.

That is a lot of money and storage tied up. That you may eventually sell, or may not.

I know it sucks when you need a ship body for a 16 year old game. Hopefully the mod guys come up with something.

We are fortunate that more is available now than when Williams was in full swing.

#3246 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsunami:

I thought Stern made them again? Where did Marco find the ones they sold this morning?

They found old stock in their wharehouse. I called to confirm that there were none left. This also squashes out any hope of anymore.

#3247 1 year ago

I just hope they didn't sell me old rejects they found in the warehouse?

#3248 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsunami:

I just hope they didn't sell me old rejects they found in the warehouse?

Found in the warehouse or somewhere ? Probably.

Rejects - I doubt it. And you could return them if so. Another reason for them to not try selling them.

#3249 1 year ago

Somewhat bewildered by this. There are no instructions just the Canon and the extra piece. I had imagined it would bolt down some how.

Furthermore after simply setting the Canon in place, it almost seeme to big. Not sure I like it.

Any advice on how it installs?

20220623_205012 (resized).jpg20220623_205012 (resized).jpg
#3250 1 year ago

Also wanted to ask why these post are here in front of the chest? Unless it is to protect from airballs, they aren't in the field of play. Also they don't match and which is the correct style?

20220623_211211 (resized).jpg20220623_211211 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 218.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.