Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 76.
#3151 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A few connectors and screws. Remove the whole mech. Check the fat black or grey clutch, see if it's cracked or loose.
LTG : )

I will give it a try. Thanks for the tip?

#3152 2 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

I looked through the past posts but didn't see anything relative to the issue I am having. Once I have completed port royal I shoot the ball back to start the tortuga multiball and once the ball reaches the spinner it acts as if I have already made all four balls onto the spinner. The timer stops, the ball is released from the spinner and it displays all scores quadrupled. I have gone in and tested the switches, no issues. I am wondering if there can be a correlation to me installing the colordmd, don't know how but running out of ideas. A little baffled here. Has anyone seen this before. Thanx in advance.

No ideas on this? Thanx in advance.

#3153 2 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

It's on the playfield (yellow lens) below the Port Royal light (red lens) and above the Timed Lock light (green lens). It is lit after the timed lock releases the ball(s) and you have multi-ball.

Thank you for this. That is what I thought. I will give it a test tomorrow.

#3154 1 year ago

Testing out a few different alternate translites from pinsider Pinstein

I'm leaning towards the skeleton pirate one. Anyone else using an alternate translite on their Stern POTC?

Pirates1 (resized).jpegPirates1 (resized).jpegPirates2 (resized).jpegPirates2 (resized).jpeg
#3155 1 year ago

Thats Just Amazing work, from Pinstein!

Ive gotta decide on one!

One thing Ill do is a project, I never got to fully share.

I use a black plastic fence netting from Home depot, and hang it in the backbox, with a full set of general lights, flasher lights, and whatever I have that fits the pattern.
They will all tie back to GI, Inserts, and flashers.

Total Cost under $35!

#3156 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thats Just Amazing work, from Pinstein!
Ive gotta decide on one!
One thing Ill do is a project, I never got to fully share.
I use a black plastic fence netting from Home depot, and hang it in the backbox, with a full set of general lights, flasher lights, and whatever I have that fits the pattern.
They will all tie back to GI, Inserts, and flashers.
Total Cost under $35!

Very cool - I look forward to seeing it!

#3157 1 year ago

A few weeks ago, I picked-up an alternate translite from Pinstein for Jurassic Park. Not sure if my PoTC needs an updated translite image as I kinda like the Stern licensed imagery from Disney. That said, Pinstein 's work is really nice quality print. Original artwork. Rich color, some heft to the plastic media. $100 and 5 minutes to swap it. (I ended up spending an extra $20 for my local glass shop to cut me an extra piece, and $10 for PBL to send me the plastic edges. Now I can swap back to factory easily if needed.)

#3158 1 year ago

Game is back up and running! Thank you guys so much.

20220427_180130 (resized).jpg20220427_180130 (resized).jpg
#3159 1 year ago
Quoted from JasAce:

Game is back up and running! Thank you guys so much.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Looks like you have the LCD version of the Color DMD. How do you like it? I'm still deciding between LCD and LED.

#3160 1 year ago

I went LED and was happy with dots. Only changed it because the factory one was going dim and had banding issues.

#3161 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Awesome! Looks like you have the LCD version of the Color DMD. How do you like it? I'm still deciding between LCD and LED.

I love it, I keep it on scan lines to give it texture and it looks incredible.

#3162 1 year ago

I'm not the biggest fan of shakers on most games, but this game seems to beg for one with cannon fire hitting the ship. I made my own control/power board for the shaker, and decided while I was at it to have a go at making the shaker too. I made one for a friend as well, but he decided to sell his game, so I have an extra if someone wants it ( $150 ). I know Pinbits used to make something like this, but last I checked I could only find some alternative expensive products.

I wanted to be able to tune the shaker, so I made the weights adjustable: you can adjust the amount of weight, position of the weight, and how long you want the shaker to run on activation. I think you'll get the idea from the picture.

It's a very satisfying effect when you hit the ship! Also triggers on extra ball, as it's tied to the ship flasher.

ShakerHV (resized).jpgShakerHV (resized).jpg

#3163 1 year ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'm not the biggest fan of shakers on most games, but this game seems to beg for one with cannon fire hitting the ship. I made my own control/power board for the shaker, and decided while I was at it to have a go at making the shaker too. I made one for a friend as well, but he decided to sell his game, so I have an extra if someone wants it ( $150 ). I know Pinbits used to make something like this, but last I checked I could only find some alternative expensive products.
I wanted to be able to tune the shaker, so I made the weights adjustable: you can adjust the amount of weight, position of the weight, and how long you want the shaker to run on activation. I think you'll get the idea from the picture.
It's a very satisfying effect when you hit the ship! Also triggers on extra ball, as it's tied to the ship flasher.
[quoted image]

I wish I had known earlier! I ended up spending 3 bills for the pinshaker premium kit. Way over the top, but I totally agree that there are just so many triggers to drive a shaker effectively. The ship, the cannon fire, chest opening, spinning discuss, etc.

#3164 1 year ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

[quoted image]

PM sent!

#3165 1 year ago

Anyone have a Stern Pirates they want to sell? Thanks

#3166 1 year ago

Just installed the led backbox upgrade with interactive flashers from flipper fidelity, simply amazing!

20220505_134549 (resized).jpg20220505_134549 (resized).jpg
#3167 1 year ago
Quoted from JasAce:

Just installed the led backbox upgrade with interactive flashers from flipper fidelity, simply amazing!
[quoted image]

What was the cost?

#3168 1 year ago
Quoted from JasAce:

[quoted image]

Let's see it in action in the game!

#3169 1 year ago
Quoted from JasAce:

[quoted image]

I bought this for my TSPP years ago...

I need to get off my lazy @ss & install it some day.

#3170 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

What was the cost?

It was just under 300 with shipping and totally worth it. You can pick the color you want or cycle and even brightness. The flasher integration is amazing and with it just for that alone lol but the only down side is I'm sucking at the game more than usual trying to look at the color dmd and the backglass light shows .

#3171 1 year ago

Here's a 1 minute video of it in action.

#3172 1 year ago
Quoted from JasAce:

Here's a 1 minute video of it in action.

The backbox lights are nice, but that ColorDMD is awesome

#3173 1 year ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

The backbox lights are nice, but that ColorDMD is awesome

LCD version, but what setting? Looks great!

#3174 1 year ago

I put it on scan lines, just looks better for some reason and I've spent a while trying each mode lol.

#3175 1 year ago
Quoted from JasAce:

I put it on scan lines, just looks better for some reason and I've spent a while trying each mode lol.

Looks great! I think each game works a bit differently with modes and LED vs LCD. In my opinion, it's not really a one style/mod fits all games. I love LED color dots on STTNG, but LCD for TSPP and LOTR animations.

#3176 1 year ago

Looks great! I think each game works a bit differently with modes and LED vs LCD. In my opinion, it's not really a one style/mod fits all games. I love LED color dots on STTNG, but LCD for TSPP and LOTR animations.

Your right, I went lcd because of the animations.

#3177 1 year ago

DotsXL on all mine

#3178 1 year ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

DotsXL on all mine

DOTSXL on mine as well. Seems to be as close to authentic DMD as possible, with a bit more definition of the points, without losing the dot-matrix feel.

#3179 1 year ago

Had multiple inquiries for the shaker, so I will make a few more. Let me know if you're interested in getting one. Priority shipping is $15.

ShakerHV (resized).jpgShakerHV (resized).jpg

Quoted from HighVoltage:

[quoted image]

#3180 1 year ago

Just installed my led speaker upgrade and black pearl inserts, still waiting on my order from backalleycreations.com.

#3181 1 year ago

Has anyone else had trouble with their Amber heard mod? I made my own but it interferes quite a bit with the game play.

Heard mod (resized).jpgHeard mod (resized).jpg
#3182 1 year ago
Quoted from GregCon:

Has anyone else had trouble with their Amber heard mod? I made my own but it interferes quite a bit with the game play.
[quoted image]

Lmao!! That's definitely one heck of a mod.

#3183 1 year ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Had multiple inquiries for the shaker, so I will make a few more. Let me know if you're interested in getting one. Priority shipping is $15.
[quoted image]

I’m in for one!

#3184 1 year ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I’m in for one!

Next time, he can just ship two to one of us, and I'll pick it up, haha

#3185 1 year ago
Quoted from JasAce:

Just installed my led speaker upgrade and black pearl inserts, still waiting on my order from backalleycreations.com.

Nice! Is that the Cointaker light kit or from someone else? Where did you get the inserts? (Pinball Center?)

#3186 1 year ago

Nice! Is that the Cointaker light kit or from someone else? Where did you get the inserts? (Pinball Center?)

https://www.pinballlife.com
Got the inserts from them and they are amazing quality.
Here's another video of it in action after installing pinstadium lighting today!

#3187 1 year ago
Quoted from GregCon:

[quoted image]

3b174629baa07e3b98702e2bc980f79c (resized).png3b174629baa07e3b98702e2bc980f79c (resized).png
#3188 1 year ago
Quoted from JasAce:

https://www.pinballlife.com
Got the inserts from them and they are amazing quality.
Here's another video of it in action after installing pinstadium lighting today!

The Cointaker black arcylic inserts are very nice. I bought a set, polished up the brass grills, and then installed it all with a set of replacement speakers, along with a set of multi-color SpeakerLEDs, and then left the LEDs in slow red/blue/green rotating mode. Looks very nice.

Added 23 months ago:

Update: The acrylics in my machine are actually from Doug at SpeakerLightKits.com, not Cointaker

#3189 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The Cointaker black arcylic inserts are very nice. I bought a set, polished up the brass grills, and then installed it all with a set of replacement speakers, along with a set of multi-color SpeakerLEDs, and then left the LEDs in slow red/blue/green rotating mode. Looks very nice.

Do you have any pics? Sounds awesome!!I kept my brass speaker grill as well because I didn't like seeing the speaker but that's just me lol.

I got my led speaker kit from ebay, great kit and came with remote but now I have a remote for the speakers, backbox and pinstadium lights lmao!!

#3190 1 year ago
Quoted from JasAce:

Do you have any pics? Sounds awesome!!I kept my brass speaker grill as well because I didn't like seeing the speaker but that's just me lol.
I got my led speaker kit from ebay, great kit and came with remote but now I have a remote for the speakers, backbox and pinstadium lights lmao!!

Not sure how to post videos but you can see it up close here

3C760B0E-CA4E-491B-AEB8-9A45D6E82A05 (resized).jpeg3C760B0E-CA4E-491B-AEB8-9A45D6E82A05 (resized).jpeg4AF9700D-FC07-40E7-8BAA-7E838D58554D (resized).jpeg4AF9700D-FC07-40E7-8BAA-7E838D58554D (resized).jpeg
#3191 1 year ago

[quoted

[quoted image][quoted image]

With that speaker panel that looks sharp! Is that the black pearl version?

#3192 1 year ago
Quoted from JasAce:

With that speaker panel that looks sharp! Is that the black pearl version?

I made the speaker panel DIY. I posted another note a few month ago with the custom finished panel project. See post 2916

#3193 1 year ago

I'm pretty sure you didn't get that from Cointaker...

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com.....home of the original pinball Speaker Light Kit).

#3194 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm pretty sure you didn't get that from Cointaker...
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com.....home of the original pinball Speaker Light Kit).

Now that you mention it, that is YOUR work! Nice. I got the cutouts from you when I bought the LED speaker kit from your website. (It's hard to keep part sources straight these days since mod makers have their own web sites and also many times sell their mods through distributors/resellers!) Those cutouts are pretty amazing in detail and I have also purchased your Ripley's and Rollercoaster Tycoon ones as well!

#3195 1 year ago

Now that you mention it, that is YOUR work! Nice. I got the cutouts from you when I bought the LED speaker kit from your website. (It's hard to keep part sources straight these days since mod makers have their own web sites and also many times sell their mods through distributors/resellers!) Those cutouts are pretty amazing in detail and I have also purchased your Ripley's and Rollercoaster Tycoon ones as well!

I can understand how it would be easy to forget where you had bought the acrylic designs and light kit from (and thank you for your purchase), but mentioning that you got them from Cointaker is a very sore subject for me.

Please, make no mistake when it comes to Cointaker. They were my fiends (even before I come up with the RGB color changing pinball speaker light kit idea) and a reseller of my light kits and acrylic designs for years. They still have some of my items on their website currently. After some sporadic instances of shadiness, they started copying my light kits and lying to me about them (which I, for some reason, let them drag out for 3 years) as they copied my products and sold them like that had anything to do with their design or concept. I honestly can't think of a more unethical business that I have ever dealt with in any aspect.

They are free to speak up about any of these accusations if they would like, but they know I have all of their e-mails of lies to me. I'm expecting they will go the "more professional" route and just continue to copy my ideas and designs with as little noise or drama as possible.

Having said that, I sell my products to several resellers and have had very few issues, disputes or misunderstandings with any of them besides Cointaker and the continued and repeat lies and copying of my products that they have done.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#3196 1 year ago

How do I spell 'H-E-A-R-T-S'?

The game says I can do this, and so does the write-up by Stern....but nowhere can I find just how to accomplish this.

"A mechanical treasures chest the Dead Man’s Chest through which the player can shoot the ball. When the player has the KEY the chest opens. They can then spell H-E-A-R-T to begin HEART multi-ball."

Thanks!

#3197 1 year ago
Quoted from GregCon:

How do I spell 'H-E-A-R-T-S'?
The game says I can do this, and so does the write-up by Stern....but nowhere can I find just how to accomplish this.
"A mechanical treasures chest the Dead Man’s Chest through which the player can shoot the ball. When the player has the KEY the chest opens. They can then spell H-E-A-R-T to begin HEART multi-ball."
Thanks!

shoot the chest to get the key (3 shots), then each shot to the chest spells a letter of heart lighting all major shots for jackpot collection. Once heart is complete it lights the chest for heart multiball.

#3198 1 year ago

Thanks! Do the HEART letters appear on the DMD? I don't see anyplace they show up on the playfield.

#3199 1 year ago
Quoted from GregCon:

Thanks! Do the HEART letters appear on the DMD? I don't see anyplace they show up on the playfield.

They light up in the chest itself when the top opens.

#3200 1 year ago

Ahh...thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.