Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 76.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well I just very lightly adjusted screw in top of post and what do you know, it works now.
First game after getting it to work scored 77 million.
I knew something didn't see right before when I would continually shoot the ball up to the spinner only to have it drain right out.
Thanks for the help!

Seems you already fixed it. Best is to replace those opto's as the connections are mostly bad. A new opto is not that expensive and easy to fix. I already did the Ship and top opto on mine because of bad connections.

#252 8 years ago

Saturday I spent 16 hours round tripping to drop off ST to it's new owner and pick up a very clean POTC. This is only one of a couple pins that my wife showed any interest in the last time I got her out for some location play, so ST was out and this was in (the others were WOZ and Golden Eye ... she vetoed WOZ on $$ so my next quest is Golden Eye before I drop the $$ on something for me ).

Funny the stuff you find on an older game. I ran through the diagnosis stuff for the ship and looked for alerts when I picked it up and played one quick game but I was pressed for time so when that went OK and it looked good I packed it up.
Got it all set up last night, leveled, new balls etc. and played a couple games. If the ball went to the left in-lane off the plunge it would start another ball but if it went anywhere else it didn't. Being new to me, and having only played a few games on location, I thought that was odd but looked for something to indicate that I made some sort of multi-ball. I finally did a switch test and discover the rollover switches for the left in-lane and out-lane were switched . This pin was in a home for the last 7-8 years and it really makes me wonder how long it was like that

#253 8 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

This pin was in a home for the last 7-8 years and it really makes me wonder how long it was like that

Congrats on joining the club!

I think people either don't know it is wrong or are too afraid to pay to fix it. I picked up a Firepower once that every time your hit a switch, it would say "Firepower". The owner said "Don't they all sound that way?"

#254 8 years ago

Same happened to me on my IJ. I just thought it was a quick multiball option, thought I was very good with high scores. Until I played it on a location the way it should be. Tested the switched and also found the inner and outer lane swapped. After that much lower scores

1 week later
#255 8 years ago

Need help locating a shaker . Any help is greatly appreciated .

#256 8 years ago

Had the glass off trying to figure out how to accomplish everything and what scored big points etc....
After 4 Winds - I accidentally got to what I'm guessing is the wizard mode. I was fighting pirates that were all the designers and artists and Gary Stern. I haven't been able to get there again. What do I have to do to get there?
Thanks

#257 8 years ago

Just sent my payment for 1Blind's POTC. Going to be a bit to get it shipped here and then shopped out, but looks like I am in the club. Does anyone else have their's sitting next to a Black Rose or Hook?

#258 8 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Had the glass off trying to figure out how to accomplish everything and what scored big points etc....
After 4 Winds - I accidentally got to what I'm guessing is the wizard mode. I was fighting pirates that were all the designers and artists and Gary Stern. I haven't been able to get there again. What do I have to do to get there?
Thanks

When you get to Four Winds, shoot the blinking shot first to set a jackpot value. Then hit all the the flashing shots to complete that direction. Do that for all four directions to move on to Gauntlet of Pirates, the super wizard mode.

Near as I can figure out, you shoot the Tortuga ramp to challenge a pirate and shoot the flashing arrow to defeat him. Repeat for as long as you can. My best score is 11 Gauntlet points (unlimited extra balls and easiest settings).

1 week later
#259 8 years ago

New issue for me. Seems that of late all balls coming out of Tortuga, rolling back into play are going STDM. Need to check level again - maybe the floor is settling? Seems strange for it to be happening now, as its never done that before.

1 week later
#260 8 years ago

In process of updating my POTC to LED's.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Also, thinking of competition rings...maybe some colored ones.
Any suggestions are welcome.

#261 8 years ago

Finally after many errors, I changed all opto's around the compass for new ones. Although I could not see anything wrong with them, they just kept making contact and the whole machine went nuts. Finally things work like they should.

#262 8 years ago

The French YouTube guy posted his rom. Someone skilled can use this as a base in pin browser and make an English version. http://www.flipjuke.fr/potc-music-des-films-presentation-custom-rom-t115573.html

1 week later
#263 8 years ago

I joined the club today! Sadly I am already coming with a repair issue. My auto-plunger link broke. I have found the replacement part to order online, but I can't figure out how to remove the broken one and install the new one.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from DrScoops:

I joined the club today! Sadly I am already coming with a repair issue. My auto-plunger link broke. I have found the replacement part to order online, but I can't figure out how to remove the broken one and install the new one.

Oh, Doc! I'm so sorry - if I'd known, I would have fixed it before pickup. If possible, get the plunger-link assembly and replace both at once. It's hard to tell from the photo where the break is, but replacing the assembly usually involves removing the upper coil bracket to remove the plunger. The manual plunger works, yes?

#265 8 years ago

TopMoose, not to worry. The part definitely failed after I had payed a few games here at home. I think it may have failed when my five year old was playing and there was a lapse in my supervision. Is there something she could have done to stress the part?

#266 8 years ago

Any for sale. PM me..

#267 8 years ago

Another first day of ownership question: the right flipper makes a humming sound / vibration when hold the flipper up (cradle a ball etc). I don't notice this on the left. The flipper isn't weak and seems to function just fine. Should I be concerned?

#268 8 years ago
Quoted from DrScoops:

s there something she could have done to stress the part

Welcome to the club!

I can't see how someone could do anything from the outside of the machine to stress that part. Just weird timing....

Quoted from DrScoops:

but I can't figure out how to remove the broken one and install the new one.

To get at the link, grab a 1/4" nut driver and remove the screws holding the coil bracket to the playfield. The pins of the link are held in place with spring clips that should simply pop off using a small screw driver. Post up more specific questions if you need more help.

Quoted from DrScoops:

Should I be concerned?

If the flipper is functioning normally, I would not be concerned. If the sound bugs you, check to see if the flipper coil is mounted tightly in the flipper mechanism. Power to the coil is pulsed many times per second when holding the flipper up. Sometimes the coil windings vibrate when this is happening, sometimes the coil is just a little loose in its mount.

#269 8 years ago

If anyone is interested in a lit treasure chest, I have one for sale, $40 shipped. 1.75" tall, 2" wide, 1" front to back. Can be used in TOTAN too. Mounts to any plastic.

Chest_5_(resized).JPGChest_5_(resized).JPG

#270 8 years ago
#271 8 years ago

Dumb question here, I'm sure but I didn't see anything in the menu structure or manual. Is there a way to turn off the prompt for "Hold Right Flipper for French"?

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Dumb question here, I'm sure but I didn't see anything in the menu structure or manual. Is there a way to turn off the prompt for "Hold Right Flipper for French"?

What is the country setting when you start up? I think it could be a jumper setting.

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Set standard adjustment 40 to "no"

#274 8 years ago
Quoted from bdaily1983:

Set standard adjustment 40 to "no"

Dang. Totally missed that scrolling through the menus. Many blessings upon your high scores kind sir.

sea-turtle_(resized).jpgsea-turtle_(resized).jpg

#275 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Have an Alternate Translite for sale. $95 shipped to U.S. The greenish pic is the lighting--not the translite.
PIRATES_006_(resized).JPG
PIRATES_004_(resized).JPG
PIRATES_018_(resized).JPG

I'll take it. Pm sent

#276 8 years ago

The other day I was showing a guy PotC at my holiday party, was just trying to go over the rules but got all the way to Davey Jones. Was kind of distracted and whatnot so I'm surprised I got that far but was unable to sink Davey so still have not got to 4-Winds MB but that seems well within reach if I take a bit more time.

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The other day I was showing a guy PotC at my holiday party, was just trying to go over the rules but got all the way to Davey Jones. Was kind of distracted and whatnot so I'm surprised I got that far but was unable to sink Davey so still have not got to 4-Winds MB but that seems well within reach if I take a bit more time.

I haven't made it either, usually the heart jackpot gets me.

#278 8 years ago

the other day I had everything but that damn jack the monkey shot - for whatever reason I just was dialed in to hit everything except that shot... still a great and unique layout which provides a ton of fun

#279 8 years ago

Jack the monkey has blocked me the few times I got that far...

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I haven't made it either, usually the heart jackpot gets me.

I finished Heart without even thinking about it, was in Tourtaga and Kraken MB must've started and completed Heart MB and Jack without even trying.

Not a lot of points just $149M

#281 8 years ago

I'd take $149M over 149M points anyday....
Hahahahaha
not trying to be a smart ass just think it is so interesting how WE ALL put $ signs in from of our scores from time to time...
pinball is like money - you can never have enough

#282 8 years ago

Heart Multiball is the hardest for me. Just got that three times or so. Davey Jones is not that hard, just keep bashing that ship. The monkey shot can be very frustrating. I never made it to four-winds. It keeps triggering me to get there....

#283 8 years ago

Defeated Davy Jones for the first time today, took 12 shots at the ship during multi ball to complete. I did some research after to find out why sometimes you hit the Kraken instead of Davy during the multi ball, i didn't realise you had to time the shots. Now I can set my sights on four winds.

Very addictive this game, thought it would be gone by now but I still keep coming back for more.

#284 8 years ago

About to start shopping mine. Does anyone know a source for the green spot targets? I have access to a rivet press so if I could just get the target themselves that would be great.

Also, anyone else notice that this game is not cheap to fix up?
2 new sails 40 bucks
new compass decal 40 bucks
new clutch assembly 60 bucks
Not to mention stern's expensive flipper rebuilds.

Will be great when she is done, but ouch.

#285 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

About to start shopping mine. Does anyone know a source for the green spot targets? I have access to a rivet press so if I could just get the target themselves that would be great.
Also, anyone else notice that this game is not cheap to fix up?
2 new sails 40 bucks
new compass decal 40 bucks
new clutch assembly 60 bucks
Not to mention stern's expensive flipper rebuilds.
Will be great when she is done, but ouch.

Parts costs are terrible across all pins sadly. Could be worse, like no parts.

#286 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Heart Multiball is the hardest for me. Just got that three times or so. Davey Jones is not that hard, just keep bashing that ship. The monkey shot can be very frustrating. I never made it to four-winds. It keeps triggering me to get there....

I think there is a setting in the menu that makes starting Heart MB easier (less hits to start) but I think it's on easy default anyway not sure if you have yours set harder.

#287 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Parts costs are terrible across all pins sadly. Could be worse, like no parts.

Some games are worse than other. I thought parts for capcoms were expensive, but these are by far in excess and frankly you get less. Sorry, game is great, but the sails are cheaply made.

#288 8 years ago

seriously can someone tell me if this is a fun pin with great lastability. I never got to play this one more than a couple times, the ship is a great toy and I love the theme however just no idea how deep it is. Here's my Halloween pic to prove I love the theme

IMG-20151028-WA004_(resized).jpgIMG-20151028-WA004_(resized).jpg

#289 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

seriously can someone tell me if this is a fun pin with great lastability. I never got to play this one more than a couple times, the ship is a great toy and I love the theme however just no idea how deep it is. Here's my Halloween pic to prove I love the theme

IMG-20151028-WA004_(resized).jpg

Good question. I brought it home fully expecting that it would only last 6 months in our collection. Right now it's in my 'not going to part with' category. I used to sail, I like the theme well enough. I like the ride, the movies aren't my favorite but are fun. I like Jack and I like Rum.

As for the game play.. I got to Four Winds Multi-ball the weekend we brought it home but haven't been able to get back to it. It has really nice shots, a good feel. The timed lock is a nice feature and it's cool that it doubles as a playfield multiplier in some cases. It isn't super deep but it seems to keep me coming back. I play it about every day, actually.

YMMV.

That Monkey.. Is Decidedly Annoying..

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

IMG-20151028-WA004_(resized).jpg

Well, hard to say. I have it for some time in my collection now. I like movie themed pins. Pirates is one I play now and then, and when I do I just have so much fun. The rules aren't very difficult. It is not a Fast pin! The ball takes some time to get down to the flipper, tortuga shot is taking time, ship takes time, chest shot, all shots get stopped, only the money shot is a direct return shot. So do not expect great 'flow'. For the rest, I like the theme, I changed the main theme song with the He's a Pirate theme. Makes it epic. Heavily modded - ship with cannon fire lights, chest hand painted, figures, extra chest, compass kraken, custom apron. The machine can have it, as the stock version is a bit empty. I will keep it for a long time......

#291 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

the stock version is a bit empty.

Game would be a 8k LE today.

I've kept mine longer then expected as well. It feels unique to me even though its a fan layout. I like the ball lock spinning and sinking ships never tires. The fake Jack callouts sound good to me and its always a visitors favorite.

#292 8 years ago

Bout 3 years ago when I started turning over my collection, sold everything except PotC.

It's a great pin for kids as well as elders, guess you could say good for all ages

When I got new pins, I always thought since it was so long in my collection it would be first to go, but I keep putting it aside and can't bring myself to sell it.

I might go a solid month without ever turning it on, but every time I get back to it its fun. It's not complex but I'll take a lot is shots to get to the end.

It's well built, one of those pins you lift the PF and see they didn't cut too many corners and my pin has been almost flawless so far as mechanical breakdowns. Just the auto plunger has broken once.

It's not the most fun or the most intense or the deepest but it's good across most ratings. Good rules, good toys, good theme, good shots, good art, good call outs and music and sound effects.

It's biggest demerit is how long it plays you need to make a lot of shots seemingly just to get to the wizard mode. Guess that's true of most games but PotC is very simple which is good for beginners but myself I'd rather get to the end modes sooner. Maybe soon I will make it to 4 winds and beyond.

#293 8 years ago

I found this to be a very fun pin. It did take a little time to grow on me, but glad I have it. Still trying to get to four winds

#294 8 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I found this to be a very fun pin. It did take a little time to grow on me, but glad I have it. Still trying to get to four winds

Same here, after the second month I was ready to move it out then all of a sudden it grew on me.

#295 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If anyone is interested in a lit treasure chest, I have one for sale, $40 shipped. 1.75" tall, 2" wide, 1" front to back. Can be used in TOTAN too. Mounts to any plastic.
Chest_5_(resized).JPG

Modified my mod...now with color changing rgb LEDs.

#296 8 years ago

All ... need some help.

When should I replace the compass decal in the back left side. How to tell?
thx.

disc_(resized).jpgdisc_(resized).jpg

#297 8 years ago

Has anyone had any experience with LCD OCD and their POTC? I have some ghosting and it sounds like this maybe the solution.

#298 8 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

All ... need some help.
thx.

disc_(resized).jpg

That decal looks fine to me. I don't think it ever "needs" to be replaced unless it gets worn thru. I have no intentions of changing mine out, it is holding up just fine.

#299 8 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

All ... need some help.
thx.

disc_(resized).jpg

When it gets like this (I have a new one on order with protector):

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#300 8 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

When it gets like this (I have a new one on order with protector):

image_(resized).jpeg

Mine has half that left. Also ordered another. What is the protector you are talking about?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.