Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 76.
#2701 2 years ago
Quoted from BMSPEED:

Just took my apron off for the first time since buying this machine. Wondering if this comes with all POTC’s [quoted image]

I once accidently left a tool inside a pin I sold out of state. I could not find it for the life of me. A few weeks later I got a surprised gift from the buyer. He sent it back to me without ever telling me he had found it. It was a good day. Great buyer!

1 week later
#2702 2 years ago

New translite art available for this game matey's.

POTC 2021 PST (resized).jpgPOTC 2021 PST (resized).jpg
#2703 2 years ago

Just joined the club. Only had time to put LEDs so far. I went all cool white GIs, green spots on the ship, matched all inserts. Before and after pics.

Can’t play a game as my compass decal is destroyed. Does anyone have a scan of the compass or something comparable?

Would like to add the “why is all the rum gone?” decal, but I don’t see them for sale anywhere.

3A2C3AF7-E07B-4631-A651-9300109E4F7A (resized).jpeg3A2C3AF7-E07B-4631-A651-9300109E4F7A (resized).jpegFB997B7D-B8B1-48BB-AFE9-6FD128CEAF16 (resized).jpegFB997B7D-B8B1-48BB-AFE9-6FD128CEAF16 (resized).jpeg
#2704 2 years ago

I have come to loathe red pop bumper caps. Added yellow caps and the promo plastics from Black Rose for a topper.

Also added 2 GI lights under the left plastic middle playfield.

884B0714-EAB2-4167-BBBD-3DD82EDC562E (resized).jpeg884B0714-EAB2-4167-BBBD-3DD82EDC562E (resized).jpegBF9C5C60-9429-48A0-8909-E30F85EDDB7F (resized).jpegBF9C5C60-9429-48A0-8909-E30F85EDDB7F (resized).jpegDA171556-4C92-4849-AFA1-BD0ECDA8E153 (resized).jpegDA171556-4C92-4849-AFA1-BD0ECDA8E153 (resized).jpeg
#2705 2 years ago

Joined the ranks last weekend. Blades, LED, backbox light, plank, speaker lights, and skeleton flippers. Lots of plans for it but noticed a couple bulbs were out. The one light I can't resolve is the crossbones flasher in the middle of the pop bumpers.

Is this one on a seperate coil in the menu or is it wired directly to the pop flashers? I replaced the bulb (was LED) but no light still. Also notice the bottom pop doesn't light in the menu but works during the game.

20210605_004822 (resized).jpg20210605_004822 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210608-112803_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210608-112803_Gallery (resized).jpg
#2706 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Is this one on a seperate coil in the menu or is it wired directly to the pop flashers?

Should flash in attract mode. You have the polarity right on the LED ?

Try a bulb.

LTG : )

#2707 2 years ago

Hello fellow pirates. Wondering if you can help me with a few questions?

When the ball exits the treasure chest, where does your ball hit when it exits the orbit? Mine always hits the top post of the sling shot. Should it just feed the right flipper?

When you trap a ball after hitting the ship and the post retracts, where does the ball hit on the right flipper? Mine hits the very end of the right flipper making control extremely difficult.

My machine is level side to side and 6.9-7 degrees of slope.

#2708 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

When the ball exits the treasure chest, where does your ball hit when it exits the orbit? Mine always hits the top post of the sling shot. Should it just feed the right flipper?
When you trap a ball after hitting the ship and the post retracts, where does the ball hit on the right flipper? Mine hits the very end of the right flipper making control extremely difficult.

Exactly the same.

#2709 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

I put a bigger rubber on the post at the end of that orbit. Now it sends the ball to the left flipper for a controlled shot.

#2710 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Mine hits the top of the sling usually ending in a sling to sling fest.

Coming out of the ship it's a bit random. Sometimes it drops right down to the left flipper and some times it hits the post and lands on the right. Very rarely it goes sdtm. I have found no rhyme or reason for the difference but the sdtm happens so rarely I've not worried to much about it.

#2711 2 years ago

Anyone else have a squeeky tortuga? I've oiled mine as per the stern docs but the squeeky gets louder as it slows down. When up to speed not a ton of noise. Seems worse after oiling it actually. Not sure what's causing it.

#2712 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Not sure what's causing it.

Bearings worn out ?

Did you oil them top and bottom ?

#2713 2 years ago

Anyone else have a squeeky tortuga? I've oiled mine as per the stern docs but the squeeky gets louder as it slows down. When up to speed not a ton of noise. Seems worse after oiling it actually. Not sure what's causing it.

Mine squeaks too. Hadn't looked into it yet

#2714 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bearings worn out ?
Did you oil them top and bottom ?

Yeah I oiled top and bottom. Not easy to get to the top one. The motor moves freely when spun by hand just starts squeaking when it slows down. Maybe it just needs more oil. I think the next step is to take the plate off and inspect the motor.

#2715 2 years ago

My original squeaked too. I lubed it and it didn't really help. Finally it died. I replaced it and the new one squeaks the same. I think it might be the sound of the brushes or maybe it is caused by running the motor on end as opposed to on it's side.

#2716 2 years ago

interesting. I wonder if spraying some lubricating electrical cleaner in it would help if it is the brushes. Something like this

https://www.crcindustries.com/products/contact-cleaner-protectant-10-wt-oz-03140.html

Pinball Life recommended that stuff when my shaker motor started making similar sounds.

#2717 2 years ago

interesting. I wonder if spraying some lubricating electrical cleaner in it would help if it is the brushes. Something like this
https://www.crcindustries.com/products/contact-cleaner-protectant-10-wt-oz-03140.html
Pinball Life recommended that stuff when my shaker motor started making similar sounds.

It very well may work. The motor is used in the compass is also used in shakers. At least, that is what I replaced mine with and its been working fine.

#2718 2 years ago

I recently picked up a PoTC, and was thinking this is a great theme for a shaker: hitting the ship would be a perfect tie in.

Is there any current solution? I'm debating whether it's worth integrating my own or not: depending how much current solutions cost.

#2719 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I recently picked up a PoTC, and was thinking this is a great theme for a shaker: hitting the ship would be a perfect tie in.
Is there any current solution? I'm debating whether it's worth integrating my own or not: depending how much current solutions cost.

There is someone on here that sells a universale shaker motor kit. I have it for my POTC. Works great!!!!!

#2720 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

There is someone on here that sells a universale shaker motor kit. I have it for my POTC. Works great!!!!!

Are you talking about this kit, or something else?

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Pinshakers_STD_Kit

#2721 2 years ago

I installed one in 2016, works great but I had to adjust it to tone it down so it wouldn’t shake so hard:

https://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_11&products_id=389

There’s an old thread explaining why you needed this one for pirates since it costs more.

#2722 2 years ago

Where how and what did you do for a "shaker motor". Love to have one too.

#2723 2 years ago

I believe there are kits you can buy now but there is a whole thread on it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-install-shaker-motor-into-pirates-potc

I have not done the mod yet. I have shakers in other games and I was referring to one of those.

#2724 2 years ago

No, that kit is never in stock. Look for pinshakers they have them listed here on pinside. Pinball life also carries them but I can’t find them on their site. Or just search the net for pinshakers.

#2725 2 years ago

Ok since everyone seems to be pointing to old products and a dead thread. This is the shaker motor you need for a POTC.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1206-pinshakers/04769-pinshakers-standard-shaker-motor-kit-stern

#2726 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Ok since everyone seems to be pointing to old products and a dead thread. This is the shaker motor you need for a POTC.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1206-pinshakers/04769-pinshakers-standard-shaker-motor-kit-stern

Also the website with more info
http://www.pinshakers.com/

#2727 2 years ago

I believe there are kits you can buy now but there is a whole thread on it
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-install-shaker-motor-into-pirates-potc
I have not done the mod yet. I have shakers in other games and I was referring to one of those.

Yeah, aware of the pinbits one, but that one hasn't been available for a while.

#2728 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

No, that kit is never in stock. Look for pinshakers they have them listed here on pinside. Pinball life also carries them but I can’t find them on their site. Or just search the net for pinshakers.

Did you quote the wrong person? Pinshakers is exactly what I linked to.

Quoted from arcademojo:

Seems to be the same I linked, except Pinball Life is cheaper.

#2729 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Did you quote the wrong person? Pinshakers is exactly what I linked to.

Seems to be the same I linked, except Pinball Life is cheaper.

Yes quoted the wrong person.

#2730 2 years ago

Unfortunately it seems really impossible to find a new ship hull as a spare..... And mine is getting worse and worse

#2731 2 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

Unfortunately it seems really impossible to find a new ship hull as a spare..... And mine is getting worse and worse

I’ve been looking as well with no luck.

#2732 2 years ago

Where did that bad ass translite come from? I love it

Quoted from Stebel:

Just joined the club. Only had time to put LEDs so far. I went all cool white GIs, green spots on the ship, matched all inserts. Before and after pics.
Can’t play a game as my compass decal is destroyed. Does anyone have a scan of the compass or something comparable?
Would like to add the “why is all the rum gone?” decal, but I don’t see them for sale anywhere.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#2733 2 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Where did that bad ass translite come from? I love it

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/pirates-of-the-caribbean-alternate-translite-2.html

I really like the translite from post 2702. This one already came installed on the game by previous owner. A

#2734 2 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

I bought what may be the last one worldwide last winter. It came from Germany ~ $120. Took 3 months to get here. I was going to put it right in, but decided to wait until mine is really bad! There was one shortly after on here for sale, ~ same amount if I remember right. Keep your eyes out...

#2735 2 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

I would definitely over pay for one at this point.

#2736 2 years ago

Down with the sneeze guard, and added a little cannonball catcher for good measure. Thanks Maffewl!

20210616_225828 (resized).jpg20210616_225828 (resized).jpg

#2737 2 years ago

Is the ball supposed to hit the pirate ship? Mine smacks the pirate ship.

#2738 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Is the ball supposed to hit the pirate ship? Mine smacks the pirate ship.

Yes.

#2739 2 years ago

Hadn't thought about damage to the ship. My machine is in nice shape, I'd hate for that to go some day. Has anyone thought of anything to protect it and prevent damage? I'm starting to brain storm.

#2740 2 years ago

Thanks. My next question was going to be the same as HighVoltage.

#2741 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Hadn't thought about damage to the ship. My machine is in nice shape, I'd hate for that to go some day. Has anyone thought of anything to protect it and prevent damage? I'm starting to brain storm

I looked into finding a plastic Mfg. to make some "after market" ship(s). I got nowhere. As I said, I got what may well be the last NIB ship. It is still in the original packing. If anyone can find a person to make them, I'd gladly make my new one available for copying. I'd even front the money to make them knowing that there are almost an endless need for them... Let me know.

#2742 2 years ago

Can anyone recommend a color dmd to purchase? Led vs LCD? Company?

#2743 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I got the ColorDMD LCD. It's awesome!

https://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-pirates-of-the-caribbean-pinball-machine/

#2745 2 years ago

How hard is it to update the new ROM? Is it the same as updating a new Stern code on USB?

#2747 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

How hard is it to update the new ROM? Is it the same as updating a new Stern code on USB?

Super easy. Download, plug in the USB, and I believe a couple of button presses.

#2748 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Color DMD.com is awesome. Their website has clear step-by-step install instructions for the hardware, and for the software you simply click on the code update for the pin you are working on, save to a thumb drive, then plug the thumb drive into the back of the DMD and hold the far left (I believe) button down for about 5 seconds until the screen goes dark. Then simply let go of the button and wait about 30 seconds to a minute or two. The DMD should come back on with full color. Remove the thumb drive and you are done. If you buy the LCD version you can select from about 5-6 display choices. You can adjust the vertical hold up or down to center the image. It’s pretty easy to adjust the settings. Randy at Color DMD responds to questions and offers great tech support. Good luck!

#2749 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Can anyone recommend a color dmd to purchase? Led vs LCD?

It’s a personal preference. One isn’t better than the other, they’re just different.
I prefer the LCD over LED (when the LCD will fit - which it will in POTC) and I like the DotsXL mode.
Order straight from ColorDMD and it will ship out right away with all the right cables!

#2750 2 years ago

I have the ColorDMD LED version and it’s great. I had the LED in my NBAFB since it wouldn’t fit the LCD and moved it over when I got potc. I’m a dots guy so it works for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.