• I wish I were a Pirate 64 votes
    21%
  • I have no interest in Pirates 19 votes
    6%
  • I was a Pirate in the past but not at present. 38 votes
    13%

(299 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 610 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CAF2D0D2-DBCC-45CE-A880-DD89197354AC (resized).jpeg
20200730_201948 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
1E7D65A7-2080-424F-B072-B1C5E656A576 (resized).jpeg
squeeker (resized).png
POTC Z pst 1 (resized).jpg
POTC V1 PST (resized).jpg
2F7E7E7B-2B3D-4D10-85B0-A84F89EEFB71 (resized).jpeg
11231AE4-6BA7-47DE-82AF-EC26E6C3A112 (resized).jpeg
3CF66E98-0413-4DFA-9847-01D59D9B4309 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 9.45.15 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 9.45.03 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 9.44.52 PM (resized).png
1F871E88-7875-4B59-9919-7E5D7142101F (resized).png
721B6E5E-A980-4B44-97C5-A464B7D82014 (resized).jpeg
75BCCD11-681B-40F1-9065-98E861C7F43A (resized).jpeg

There are 2419 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 49.
#2351 50 days ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

This is what happens when you have free time...

Love all the items. Took me a moment to figure out the hat. Great job!

#2352 50 days ago

Where do you guys get Jack the Monkey? Is the only way to get him to buy a bigger action figure set?

#2353 50 days ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Where do you guys get Jack the Monkey? Is the only way to get him to buy a bigger action figure set?

Seen some on the bay store about $10

#2354 50 days ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I've only been able to find him with the bigger doll also. It's the only one I need yet.

#2355 50 days ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Hes in a set from neca google for: neca barbosa

#2356 49 days ago

After I hit the ball up to the Tortuga spinning disc it comes down the left loop and goes straight down the middle every time. I have checked that the game is level. Any idea what is wrong? I think the ball should come down and hit the left slingshot, or?

#2357 49 days ago
Quoted from PotcSternSwe:

After I hit the ball up to the Tortuga spinning disc it comes down the left loop and goes straight down the middle every time. I have checked that the game is level. Any idea what is wrong? I think the ball should come down and hit the left slingshot, or?

You can try adjusting the ball guide. I’ve used a small piece of thin adhesive backed foam (from a hobby store such as that in the link below) at the end of the guide as well. That always works without the need to remove any screws.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Basic-Crafts/Craft-Foam/Black-Foam-Sheet---12%22-x-18%22-x-5mm/p/111098

#2358 49 days ago
Quoted from PotcSternSwe:

I had a similar problem on another game that turned out to be a very slight burr on the very corner of the metal ball guide. The end can get mushroomed from the ball hitting the edge of the guide (missed shots up the orbit).

Put down a damp paper towel to catch the filings and hit the edge of the ball guide with a metal file. You can put painters tape down too if you are worried about scratching anything with the file.

In my case, I couldn't feel a burr, the edge just felt sharp so it really doesn't take much material to effect the ball trajectory. A couple passes with a sharp file is all it took.

#2359 46 days ago

Just joined the club today. Got extremely lucky with this low play HUO machine. Plays awesome. Need to clean it up a bit but it looks almost brand new. My son has already deemed it his favorite machine ever.

IMG_20200620_132225021 (resized).jpgIMG_20200620_134229122 (resized).jpgIMG_20200620_152235350 (resized).jpg
#2360 45 days ago

The top scores and gc are surviving a reboot but the Davy Jones champion and gauntlet champ are not. Is that the sign of a bad battery? All settings and things are surviving the power off just those extra champ ones are not. And what is the gauntlet champ? I've taken the Davy Jones one twice now but none of the other ones.

#2361 44 days ago
Quoted from potc1334:

Love all the items. Took me a moment to figure out the hat. Great job!

Thanks. Had to make use of the Barbosa hat.

#2362 43 days ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

The top scores and gc are surviving a reboot but the Davy Jones champion and gauntlet champ are not. Is that the sign of a bad battery? All settings and things are surviving the power off just those extra champ ones are not. And what is the gauntlet champ? I've taken the Davy Jones one twice now but none of the other ones.

I'm hoping it is the battery that is the problem. The new one arrived today and I installed it. Checked the old one and it shows just .26v. Amazing it was saving anything at all. Now to go get Davy Jones Champ and see if it saves over night

#2363 42 days ago

I'm hoping it is the battery that is the problem. The new one arrived today and I installed it. Checked the old one and it shows just .26v. Amazing it was saving anything at all. Now to go get Davy Jones Champ and see if it saves over night

Mine saves the Davey Jones champ no problem. I think the Gauntlet Champ is possibly part of the final wizard mode but have not gotten that far yet to confirm. I think completing the entire compass on three ball mode will be a challenge for me. I have gotten close but I struggle with Jack The Monkey and Davey Jones. I can get close but not all of them in one game.

#2364 38 days ago

Anyone put jack the monkey over the jack ramp? If so what make/figure did you use? Thanks

#2365 38 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone put jack the monkey over the jack ramp? If so what make/figure did you use? Thanks

Search for a NECA Barbossa and you will find what you are looking for. You can search for Jack The Monkey too and maybe find just the monkey for sale.

#2367 37 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

ebay.com link » Neca Pirates Of The Caribbean Action Figure Series 1 Capt Barbossa Monkey Jack
ebay.com link » Mr Z Animal Model 1 6 Mrz Pirates Of The Caribbean Jacks Monkey Model Figure
LTG : )

Beware the mr Z one is bigger then the neca one!

#2368 37 days ago

I'm wondering if these repairs to the board are normal or not. Everything on this machine looks absolutely pristine except for these two wires. I only saw one other picture in the club thread with the board on it and it looked like it had at least one of these repairs.

IMG_20200629_154753620 (resized).jpg
#2369 37 days ago

After more digging it looks like those jumpers were on all rev G boards and the fix was incorporated into the rev H boards.

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Stern_S.A.M._System_Repair#SAM_CPU_.2F_Sound_Board
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:SAMRevG.jpg

#2370 33 days ago

Ahoy. Just joined the club. Newest game I’ve ever owned and first Stern. Looking forward to reading through this thread and learning more about it.

1 week later
#2371 25 days ago

I was so close to getting to Four Winds wizard mode but I could not get through Davey Jones. Closest I have ever come and got a decent score too.

736E7053-09BA-4E4D-BFCC-CE1C26FA8532 (resized).jpeg75BCCD11-681B-40F1-9065-98E861C7F43A (resized).jpeg
#2372 24 days ago

Well I am hot lately on this machine. Faught Davey Jones twice and could not beat him to get to Four Winds. But I put up a monster score for me in the process. This game is a lot of fun.

721B6E5E-A980-4B44-97C5-A464B7D82014 (resized).jpeg
#2373 24 days ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

Well I am hot lately on this machine. Faught Davey Jones twice and could not beat him to get to Four Winds. But I put up a monster score for me in the process. This game is a lot of fun.
[quoted image]

Great score. That’s about my best too. I’ve only gotten to Four Winds MB once, but I didn’t finish it. Great game. Sinking 4 ships and completing Heart MB is not easy. I struggle to spell HEART during mb. We love potc, still one of Stern’s best pins with a beautiful playfield!

#2374 24 days ago

Question on the treasure chest shot. I'm getting a lot of rejects from the left flipper where they go up the fall back down. Just wondering if that is normal or if there is an adjustment I need to make. Seems like it takes a really clean shot and it looks like it's similar to the liars dice shot which we don't get rejects like that. Backhands from the right flipper seems to be the safest.

#2375 23 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Great score. That’s about my best too. I’ve only gotten to Four Winds MB once, but I didn’t finish it. Great game. Sinking 4 ships and completing Heart MB is not easy. I struggle to spell HEART during mb. We love potc, still one of Stern’s best pins with a beautiful playfield!

Since I am actually getting close to Four Winds now is there a good resource that covers what needs to be done to complete it? I can’t find much about Gauntlet too. I don’t want to learn that on the fly as I will already be overloaded with the fact I got there.

I did some Googling but did not fiNd any good resources explaining Four Winds and Gauntlet of the Pirates.

#2376 23 days ago

Question on the treasure chest shot. I'm getting a lot of rejects from the left flipper where they go up the fall back down. Just wondering if that is normal or if there is an adjustment I need to make. Seems like it takes a really clean shot and it looks like it's similar to the liars dice shot which we don't get rejects like that. Backhands from the right flipper seems to be the safest.

It takes a clean shot. If it rattles around it does not make it. Backhand is the safest from my experience but it’s a bit tight. A missed left flipper shot can come back fast but I don’t recall it going down the middle but you often totally lose control of the ball and this game has a lot of back and forth across the playfield when you do lose control.

#2377 23 days ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

It takes a clean shot. If it rattles around it does not make it. Backhand is the safest from my experience but it’s a bit tight. A missed left flipper shot can come back fast but I don’t recall it going down the middle but you often totally lose control of the ball and this game has a lot of back and forth across the playfield when you do lose control.

Thanks, sounds like this is normal then and I don't need to go looking for a problem where none exists

#2378 23 days ago

Thanks, sounds like this is normal then and I don't need to go looking for a problem where none exists

It's not normal on mine. It rarely rattles and falls back out of the front of the chest unless you made a really bad shot.

#2379 23 days ago

There is a gate on the backside that traps the ball from coming back out. Sometimes when you hit a clean shot, it will bounce off the up-post and come back before the gate can stop it. All of this is visible with the glass off. I’d take a look behind the chest to make sure the gate is working like it should. If all is good then you are either a.) hitting clean shots that bounce back too fast, or b.) rattling out before it makes it to the gate.

#2380 23 days ago

ok, I'll take a look then. Thanks!

#2381 23 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Great score. That’s about my best too. I’ve only gotten to Four Winds MB once, but I didn’t finish it.

same for me.

#2382 23 days ago

https://www.pinballnews.com/games/potc/index7.html

1F871E88-7875-4B59-9919-7E5D7142101F (resized).png

#2383 23 days ago
Quoted from maffewl:

There is a gate on the backside that traps the ball from coming back out. Sometimes when you hit a clean shot, it will bounce off the up-post and come back before the gate can stop it. All of this is visible with the glass off. I’d take a look behind the chest to make sure the gate is working like it should. If all is good then you are either a.) hitting clean shots that bounce back too fast, or b.) rattling out before it makes it to the gate.

From what I can tell it's your a option. It looks like a really tight turn and the one way gate is working right but it appears it can hit the back of the curve and fall back down before the one way can trap it. The right flipper can more easily hug the left rail and make it around the curve. I don't think it is bouncing back from the up post but just hitting the curve and falling back down.

#2384 23 days ago

Pretty good Easter Egg
Both,7L,1R,1L,1R,13L,1R,1R

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 9.44.52 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-07-13 at 9.45.03 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-07-13 at 9.45.15 PM (resized).png

3CF66E98-0413-4DFA-9847-01D59D9B4309 (resized).jpeg
#2385 21 days ago

JUST joined the club! Taking it home now to dig into it. My first Stern pin. Looking forward to learning all about its workings.

11231AE4-6BA7-47DE-82AF-EC26E6C3A112 (resized).jpeg2F7E7E7B-2B3D-4D10-85B0-A84F89EEFB71 (resized).jpeg

#2386 21 days ago

Here is some new translite art available for this game. I'm hoping to join this club soon.

POTC V1 PST (resized).jpgPOTC Z pst 1 (resized).jpg
#2387 21 days ago

One of my flippers is squeaking. It appears to be coming from the nub that contacts the eos switch. I can clean it and stop the squeaking for a game or two but then it starts doing it again. Any suggestions on how to stop that thing from squeaking? lol so annoying.

squeeker (resized).png
#2388 21 days ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

JUST joined the club! Taking it home now to dig into it. My first Stern pin. Looking forward to learning all about its workings.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on your new POTC! We love ours. One of Stern’s best pins, in my opinion. The ship is just awesome. It’s a real challenge to reach 4 winds multiball. Gorgeous playfield too. We have an extra one mounted on the wall with LEDs behind it. Such a fun pin to mod too. Check out the pics of mods people have posted above. Enjoy!

#2389 21 days ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Ha, I saw you driving down cave Creek rd with it in the bed of your truck.
That’s amazing, congratulations.
I got all excited and was like “holly crap, that a pin in the bed of that truck”.

That was me right behind you.
Was driving back from picking up a new capacitor for our AC UNIT.

Welcome to the club, great game.

1E7D65A7-2080-424F-B072-B1C5E656A576 (resized).jpeg
#2390 21 days ago

Oh, That is flipping funny! What a coincidence! Did a long drive out to Cali to get this pin. Got it in an auction. I had no idea what I was bidding on. Just wanted a #POTC.

WELLLLLL! I hit the jackpot here. This pin is brand NEW........

20 TOTAL PLAYS --- 48 TOTAL BALLS

It is in perfect condition. I cannot believe this. I did not look at it that close when I loaded it. Figured it was at an auction so it was probably Heavily used. Boy was I wrong!!!

Now I do not even want to play it.

#2391 21 days ago

Ok, After digging deeper definitely not a time capsule. Some tell-tail signs that is has been played more. And has some mods not OEM. But still, 99% of the pin is new with no wear.

Time to have fun playing.

#2392 18 days ago

Just picked up a Pirates with only 400 plays on it
It’s my second one as the first was a basket case
I am thrilled of course but am having a problem
My ship tries but will not sink
I don’t think it’s ever been sunk as every game played on this thing is under two minutes
It’s in such beautiful shape I am worried that I might screw something up
In test with the door closed it starts to go down ,sails are down but it FEELS and LOOKS like it binds then pops back up
I am thinking the armature is binding?
It can’t be a switch I don’t think cause it’s not even getting down there to hit one
All over phases work fine
It rocks back and forth and sails drop during gameplay
It’s running 4.0 code
Would a code update work?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

*edited for spelling

#2393 18 days ago

Ya the sails drop in test it start to go,seems like it’s binding then pops back up

#2394 18 days ago

Think I found the culprit
The screw holding the wiring back here is too far out
Now just to figure how to turn it back without taking this apart

image (resized).jpg
#2395 18 days ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Clutch is loose or broken.

#2396 18 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Clutch is loose or broken.

Hoping not this screw in back hits the playfield as it starts to go down

#2397 18 days ago

Fixed it was the set screw for the piece that holds the wiring
Thank you!

#2398 17 days ago

My game is at 4.0
Is it worth updating it?
Isn’t it at 6?

#2399 17 days ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

My game is at 4.0
Is it worth updating it?
Isn’t it at 6?

Do you even need to ask? It's free download from Stern site. Ther's no read me file so not sure what's all was done.

#2400 17 days ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Do you even need to ask? It's free download from Stern site. Ther's no read me file so not sure what's all was done.

When something is not broke I tend not to mess with it
Just wondering if it was worth it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tabb, VA
4,900 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Oakville, MO
There are 2419 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 49.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside