Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 76.
#2201 4 years ago

Hi! I checked my ship motor, motor is working, but end of gearbox didnt spinning. looks like something wrong in gearbox, i open it and found one broken gear. is it possible to find somewhere this gear? or buy somewhere gearbox separately?

#2202 4 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Hi! I checked my ship motor, motor is working, but end of gearbox didnt spinning. looks like something wrong in gearbox, i open it and found one broken gear. is it possible to find somewhere this gear? or buy somewhere gearbox separately?

You may find something here.

https://www.pinballlife.com/pirates-of-the-caribbean.html

1 week later
#2203 4 years ago

I’m joining the club today has anyone updated with the newest code a soundtrack that would have more of the music from the movie? I was hoping there was a Cleland track out there or something similar

1 week later
#2204 4 years ago

Not sure how active this group is anymore, but hopefully someone will see my post that has knowledge of my issue. I think I am having trouble with the Ship pin lane lock. When I start a new game and the ball hits the ship, the ship pin extends, holding the ball in place. I have to hit a flipper in order for the pin to recess back into the playfield. if I don't hit the flipper the ball just sits there. After I sink the ship the first time the issue clears up for the rest of the game. From what I am seeing on YouTube I notice some machines have this issue and some do not. I'm running the latest code. Any ideas on what's happening? Is this a normal thing for this game? Thank you.

#2205 4 years ago
Quoted from jdemarti:

the ship pin extends, holding the ball in place. I have to hit a flipper in order for the pin to recess back into the playfield.

Investigate it. Is the pin not centered in the hole and sticking on the sides of the hole it goes up and down in ? Coil sleeve cracked, dirty, or broken. Spring not doing it's job.

If vibration from a flipper flip drops it, you have a mechanical issue going on.

LTG : )

#2206 4 years ago

I think Lloyd nailed it. I suspect there is something mechanical sticking the post in the up position. The vibration from the flipper mechs shakes it loose. I've seen this on other machines too.

Do you see the post extending on later ships? I believe you can set the code to disable the post on later ships.

#2207 4 years ago

Speaking of ships. First time the ship is hit, it holds the ball until you flip both flippers. Doesn't hold the ball on subsequent ship hits.

Normal? Point?

#2208 4 years ago

I think this is the same one that had a video posted today on FB.
I don't believe it's mechanical. I've played one that did the same thing. Would stay up until you hit a flipper. I know on that game I could smack the side as hard as I could and nothing. Also there was another person saying his was the same way and thought it was normal. Wondering if it's not a setting or error in the software?

Quoted from Bendit:

Speaking of ships. First time the ship is hit, it holds the ball until you flip both flippers.

"""First time the ship is hit, it holds the ball until you flip both flippers""""
Not on any of the ones I've played except the one that you had to hit the flipper to make the pin go down.

#2209 4 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Speaking of ships. First time the ship is hit, it holds the ball until you flip both flippers. Doesn't hold the ball on subsequent ship hits.
Normal? Point?

The flipper part isn’t normal but factory default is to hold the ball with the post for the first ship and none after that.

The post makes the return easier to handle.

#2210 4 years ago
Quoted from jdemarti:

Not sure how active this group is anymore, but hopefully someone will see my post that has knowledge of my issue. I think I am having trouble with the Ship pin lane lock. When I start a new game and the ball hits the ship, the ship pin extends, holding the ball in place. I have to hit a flipper in order for the pin to recess back into the playfield. if I don't hit the flipper the ball just sits there. After I sink the ship the first time the issue clears up for the rest of the game. From what I am seeing on YouTube I notice some machines have this issue and some do not. I'm running the latest code. Any ideas on what's happening? Is this a normal thing for this game? Thank you.

I agree with the posters above. I can almost guarantee that the issue is due to the ball causing the post to “lean” against the playfield and the friction is not allowing the post to drop. Easiest test out there without even opening the machine is to hit the ship, activate the post, then turn the machine off (while the post is up). If the post remains up, that’s your problem. It’s definitely not an electrical (or game) issue.

#2211 4 years ago

Maybe Tuesday I will be able to buy a potc stern ... It depends on the situation of the virus in Italy

#2212 4 years ago

Has anyone experienced the following with their POTC, I'm the original owner, software version 6.0, no errors or issues. I was playing this past weekend and had a decent first ball (30M), when my second ball started I got an option on the screen to select an extra ball or start multi-ball. Left flipper for extra ball or right flipper to start multi-ball. I selected multi-ball and a 4 ball multi-ball started. It wasn't any multi-ball I have seen before (Tortuga, Davy Jones, Heart). There weren't any special call outs or animations on the screen, just regular play, once all four balls drained ball 3 was normal.

I have tried to replicate this without any success. Has anyone else had this happen or seen this? I've never come across this in all the years of playing this pin...

#2213 4 years ago

Never saw that before.

Maybe there’s some sort of midnight madness I’ve never heard of.

#2214 4 years ago

I'll will check the clock setting for a midnight mode...I was playing at 4 in the afternoon although. Just very odd/weird. I've never heard anyone post about this or talk about this thing happening. Possibly a software error/flaw or a portion code that was somehow triggered...never to be seen again???

#2215 4 years ago

never happened here, in 5 years owning this machine. Nor any of my friends with POTC.

#2216 4 years ago

Its really weird, I went through the settings and couldn't find any setting that would enable/trigger this. I will keep playing and if it occurs again I will take a picture and post it.

#2217 4 years ago

Finally my fourth and last pinball has arrived, deco fix right pinball, weak slinghost and the neon is missing but play well and I'm super happy

IMG-20200310-WA0036 (resized).jpegIMG-20200310-WA0036 (resized).jpeg
#2218 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

Finally my fourth and last pinball has arrived, deco fix right pinball, weak slinghost and the neon is missing but play well and I'm super happy[quoted image]

Congrats. Regarding your backbox tube, you can always upgrade to a dimming kit by @arcadeupkeep. Worth every penny.

#2219 4 years ago

Thanks, what does this kit consist of?

#2221 4 years ago

Thanks

#2222 4 years ago

verament nice jdoz2 , but not so I would be able to install it

#2223 4 years ago

does anyone have PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN SHIP CANNON LED MOD for sale?

#2224 4 years ago

Weir Pinball, shows sold out, maybe check if he'll run more or make you one? Bought mine from there, you're correct to want to add that. Something so simple that improves the look.

#2225 4 years ago
Quoted from jdemarti:

Issue has been fixed. The pin was getting stuck. What I did to fix the issue was clean the bottom of the coil plunger. I took a little steel wool and cleaned the area where it touches the base of the coil. I also made sure the sleeve was clean. Retracting normally now. Thank you all for helping me through this. I appreciated the ideas.

#2226 4 years ago

Hi everyone, my right ramp is broken where the ball gate bracket is scewed. How can I repair it? The gate will come to me in the next few days

20200314_202300 (resized).jpg20200314_202300 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200311-154450 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200311-154450 (resized).png
#2227 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

How can I repair it?

Auto parts store - fiberglass body repair kit.

#2228 4 years ago

I don't know this kit, what is it?

#2229 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

I don't know this kit, what is it?

ebay.com link: p

Build the ramp up, sand smooth. Might not look real pretty. Works great.

#2230 4 years ago

Very thanks

#2231 4 years ago

The auto launcher of my potc is very weak, the ball never reaches the top of the ramp, how can I solve it? At first glance everything seems ok, I put the sleeve new but the same result

#2232 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

how can I solve it?

Be sure it is hitting the ball good. Both blades. Not a glancing blow. It might need adjusting.

In Settings - Coils - Auto Launcher, you can make it weaker or stronger.

#2233 4 years ago

Thanks,
I set the coil power to hard but I have not noticed any improvements, even the slinghost are weak, while the lights of the bop bumpers are always on during the game, is this normal? I think the mechanism hits the ball in the right way, but how can you fix it if necessary? I have seen that the movement is free without screws

#2234 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

I have seen that the movement is free without screws

The brackets that hold it are screwed to the playfield.

Quoted from jamex:

even the slinghost are weak

I wonder if power into the game is low ?

#2235 4 years ago

In the menu I set the coil power to hard, do I have to set anything else? It is my first Stern and I don't know how it works

#2236 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

In the menu I set the coil power to hard, do I have to set anything else? It is my first Stern and I don't know how it works

I apologize. I made a mistake. I thought you were working on a Jersey Jack Pinball Pirates.

As you discovered, you can't set coils individually.

The auto launch on the Stern game is kind of riveted together. Be sure it hasn't worked loose. That would lose a lot of power.

#2237 4 years ago

I want to spruce up the speaker panel. I know the awesome looking speaker panel for $150 but does anyone sell a decal for it here in the states? I see there’s one in Europe but it’s a pain to order that way.

#2238 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I apologize. I made a mistake. I thought you were working on a Jersey Jack Pinball Pirates.
The auto launch on the Stern game is kind of riveted together. Be sure it hasn't worked loose. That would lose a lot of power.

Ok tomorrow I take the piece apart again and check, how come I don't notice any difference by setting the hard or normal coils?
Thanks

#2239 4 years ago

This my power in actract mode, is ok?

20200316_111121 (resized).jpg20200316_111121 (resized).jpg
#2240 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My plunger of auto launcher, is ok?
15843550900213015124996813196642 (resized).jpg15843550900213015124996813196642 (resized).jpg158435513595353250051324695907 (resized).jpg158435513595353250051324695907 (resized).jpg

20200316_114750 (resized).jpg20200316_114750 (resized).jpg
#2241 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

My plunger of auto launcher, is ok?

The solid metal parts look good. The plastic link hooking the plunger to the kicker has some wear.

#2242 4 years ago

Thanks

#2243 4 years ago

If any club members know of anyone who would like to join the crew I listed my fully shopped Pirates in the market.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Looking to sell or trade towards a JP or DP Pro. Fully working and shopped. Upper playfield was torn down cleaned and waxed. New starposts, comet 2smd LEDs in the GI and inserts, c...”
2020-03-15
Li, NY
4,600 (Firm)
Archived after: 35 days
Viewed: 581 times
Contributed to Pinside

#2244 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The solid metal parts look good. The plastic link hooking the plunger to the kicker has some wear.

I ordered a new plunger, spring, nylon and sleeve, as soon as everything comes up and I check.

Is it normal that in actract mode the pinball does not emit any music or sound but only sentences when you press the pinball throw?

#2245 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

Is it normal that in actract mode the pinball does not emit any music or sound but only sentences when you press the pinball throw?

Yes. You can go through setting but I don't think there is much in there for audio.

#2246 4 years ago

The slinghost coils are weak, in the menu I set the power to hard, how can I solve it? The rest works well.

#2247 4 years ago

I fixed the right ramp

20200319_125458 (resized).jpg20200319_125458 (resized).jpg20200319_173914 (resized).jpg20200319_173914 (resized).jpg20200319_173920 (resized).jpg20200319_173920 (resized).jpg
#2248 4 years ago

This is the video of the slinghost whith low power

#2249 4 years ago

What can this weakness depend on? It does it with all the reels of the pinball machine with that code

#2250 4 years ago

My potc is practically finished, led conversion done (except the flashes), the mechanics of: autolaunch, flipper left e right and slinghost are fixed, all disassembled, cleaned and then reassembled

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/45?hl=otrchief and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.