Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 76.
#2151 4 years ago

Hey guys (and gals),

Is there a setting to adjust coil strength? Mine seriously fire's a ball into the shooter lane from the ball trough. Apologies if I missed it, don't see it mentioned in the manual.

If not, I'm going to have to see if the solenoid coil is the right one.

Edit: Post 1859 mentions coil strength...looks like setting 43 in Standard Adjustments.

So a follow up question: Is that for all coils then?

#2152 4 years ago

Just got mine yesterday. Documented HUO, very low plays. Looks absolutely pristine.

20190930_040230263_iOS (resized).jpg20190930_040230263_iOS (resized).jpg
#2153 4 years ago

Replaced stock T- molding with red.

20191003_095227-1 (resized).jpg20191003_095227-1 (resized).jpg
#2154 4 years ago

Just installed pinshakers shaker motor - highly recommend - nothing like hitting the ship and having the game shake

#2155 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Replaced stock T- molding with red.[quoted image]

Not feeling it at all, but who cares as long as you like it.

#2156 4 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Just installed pinshakers shaker motor - highly recommend - nothing like hitting the ship and having the game shake

I installed mine last weekend. Best upgrade on this game.

#2157 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I installed mine last weekend. Best upgrade on this game.

Is there a thread or post on how to do this. Sounds like a nice addition!

#2158 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

Not feeling it at all, but who cares as long as you like it.

Is this getting better. Removed Red from top and bottom and replaced with black trim. Looking more like modern Stern game (WTD, GoT. AS, ect...)

20191005_112038 (resized).jpg20191005_112038 (resized).jpg
#2159 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Is there a thread or post on how to do this. Sounds like a nice addition!

pinshaker sells the kit, takes about 25min to install

#2160 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

pinshaker sells the kit, takes about 25min to install

Thx

#2161 4 years ago

I got the shaker about 3 years ago. Working on the flasher of the ship. Very cool effect on the kraken, extra ball, etc.

1 week later
#2162 4 years ago

Opted for a raspberry red
2536201C-37D9-4A31-B2D3-9440B68E1A95 (resized).jpeg2536201C-37D9-4A31-B2D3-9440B68E1A95 (resized).jpeg440F3638-F6E3-4D39-B4E5-4D2DE82B4B79 (resized).jpeg440F3638-F6E3-4D39-B4E5-4D2DE82B4B79 (resized).jpeg
Installed the air ball protector and took out ship(sneeze) guard as well. This has to be one of Stern’s best. Very underrated.

#2163 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

[quoted image][quoted image]
Installed the air ball protector and took out ship(sneeze) guard as well. This has to be one of Stern’s best. Very underrated.

Nice!!

#2164 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

[quoted image][quoted image]

looks good, where did you get alt trans?

It is a great game. I added the pinshaker shaker motor a couple weeks ago - highly recommend.

#2165 4 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Quoted from woody76:

I added the pinshaker shaker motor a couple weeks ago - highly recommend.

Also installed the Pinshaker shaker motor on my POTC. All I can say is. I know it doesn't change anything to game play but makes it a whole different game. Nothing more satisfying then hitting the ship and having the shaker go off.

2 weeks later
#2166 4 years ago

I removed the ship from my POTC yesterday in order to install the cannon led mod. Initially I connected to the wrong flasher (back middle) but I corrected my mistake and connected to the ship flasher. I also have a shaker motor which runs off the ship flasher and the spinning disk flasher. This worked fine both before and after the cannon mod. After reinstalling the ship I had several problems. Initially the sails on all the ships would drop after 1 hit, (sinking the ship took the correct number of hits) and the spinner would light the timer after 1 or 2 lights lit. After several plays the sails problem seemed to correct itself, but now the spinning disk is completed without entering this part of the playfield. Points are now continuously scored without hitting anything. Looking at the active switch menu does not indicate any wrong switches closed. Any suggestions on where I start looking to correct this problem?

#2167 4 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I removed the ship from my POTC yesterday in order to install the cannon led mod. Initially I connected to the wrong flasher (back middle) but I corrected my mistake and connected to the ship flasher. I also have a shaker motor which runs off the ship flasher and the spinning disk flasher. This worked fine both before and after the cannon mod. After reinstalling the ship I had several problems. Initially the sails on all the ships would drop after 1 hit, (sinking the ship took the correct number of hits) and the spinner would light the timer after 1 or 2 lights lit. After several plays the sails problem seemed to correct itself, but now the spinning disk is completed without entering this part of the playfield. Points are now continuously scored without hitting anything. Looking at the active switch menu does not indicate any wrong switches closed. Any suggestions on where I start looking to correct this problem?

Remove and reinstall the connectors on the opto board. I had a problem with it awarding hits to the ship after connecting shaker. Once I did this it cleared it right up. Might not be it but worth a try.

#2168 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Remove and reinstall the connectors on the opto board. I had a problem with it awarding hits to the ship after connecting shaker. Once I did this it cleared it right up. Might not be it but worth a try.

Thank you for your suggestion. My problem ended up being that the Tortega exit opto was blocked alligator clip that I used to install an extra green light several years ago. It must have moved due to all of the raising and lowering of the playfield.

A suggestion when working under the playfield; I use Pinball Universe Protectors to protect the inside side art during the many times I raise and lower the playfield. I found it interesting that Stern uses similar protectors when assembling and testing games.

Ship Cannon LED Mod11 (resized).JPGShip Cannon LED Mod11 (resized).JPG
#2169 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

looks good, where did you get alt trans?
It is a great game. I added the pinshaker shaker motor a couple weeks ago - highly recommend.

I think alt trans was from Pugztoyz on eBay.....it’s been 5 yrs or so since I bought it.

1 month later
#2170 4 years ago

Has anyone done a custom sound mod for POTC with voices and music from the movies? Thanks in advance.

#2171 4 years ago

I know one version with voices from the movies.

#2172 4 years ago

Picked up one today so I’m in the club!

Not super happy with how the deal went but happy to get the game. Game was missing a sail, ramp is missing a piece about the size of a quarter and it the ship isn’t swaying/moving other than sails.

Partially my fault for trusting the guy and doing a parking lot deal, but still feels shitty.

I took the boat apart and cleaned it up. The motor seems to be spinning but noticed one of these screws that hold the clutch together won’t tighten. I’m hoping that’s the problem and the motor is spinning freely but not catching because of that.

Kind of pricey but lesson learned. I’ll try and repair first but may have to end up buying this.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-7011-00

987B7FF1-52E7-4B97-934F-0DD1CD0D15F6 (resized).jpeg987B7FF1-52E7-4B97-934F-0DD1CD0D15F6 (resized).jpeg
#2173 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Picked up one today so I’m in the club!
Not super happy with how the deal went but happy to get the game. Game was missing a sail, ramp is missing a piece about the size of a quarter and it the ship isn’t swaying/moving other than sails.
Partially my fault for trusting the guy and doing a parking lot deal, but still feels shitty.
I took the boat apart and cleaned it up. The motor seems to be spinning but noticed one of these screws that hold the clutch together won’t tighten. I’m hoping that’s the problem and the motor is spinning freely but not catching because of that.
Kind of pricey but lesson learned. I’ll try and repair first but may have to end up buying this.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-7011-00[quoted image]

Save a few bucks
https://www.pinballlife.com/potc-coupling-clutch-assembly.html

#2174 4 years ago

This maybe the same that you was looking for.
https://www.pinballlife.com/potc-ship-coupling-clutch.html

#2175 4 years ago

Awesome thank you! Of course I just put in a big order There

#2177 4 years ago

Got her all fixed up and working 100% minus my save setting issue which looks like it will require sending it to have someone replace my u11 on the MPU.

Really enjoying this game and it looks so good cleaned and LEDed.

80769A5E-43C8-432F-A913-0912D3B89E04 (resized).jpeg80769A5E-43C8-432F-A913-0912D3B89E04 (resized).jpeg
#2178 4 years ago

Looking good jdoz2 I’m hopefully picking up a HUO POTC between Xmas and New Years, 300 plays since it was new, still on game looks like it just came out the box, still on release code too.

#2179 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Got her all fixed up and working 100% minus my save setting issue which looks like it will require sending it to have someone replace my u11 on the MPU.
Really enjoying this game and it looks so good cleaned and LEDed.[quoted image]

Enjoy, I just sold mine and kind of regretting but need the room. It is super fun.

#2180 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Got her all fixed up and working 100% minus my save setting issue which looks like it will require sending it

What’s the issue this is causing?

#2181 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

What’s the issue this is causing?

My mpu isn’t saving any settings so the volume and price keeps getting reset. Wouldn’t be a big issue for home use, but I’m putting this on location.

Replaced the battery and I get 3v to the correct pin on U11, but still not working. Stern tech support thinks my U11 is bad

#2182 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Really enjoying this game and it looks so good cleaned and LEDed.[quoted image]

Well it seems like putting a big Mylar circle over the new disk decals are required.

Really disappointed to see that after maybe 10 games, there is white flurries all over the playfield and stuck to the flippers.

Yay I get take that mech apart again

#2183 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Well it seems like putting a big Mylar circle over the new disk decals are required.
Really disappointed to see that after maybe 10 games, there is white flurries all over the playfield and stuck to the flippers.
Yay I get take that mech apart again

Hi, on this website they have 3 sizes of sppinning disk protectors
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/pirates-of-the-caribbean-stern/
Scroll down, i dont recall the size i used.

#2184 4 years ago

Hi everyone, I have 3 data east (tftc, jp, lw3) and maybe I will be able to take a POTC stern as the fourth and last pinball machine, what is better to check? How are software updates to the latest version done? I apologize for perhaps a little stupid questions but I don't technically know the pinball sterns

1 week later
#2185 4 years ago

Nothing?

#2186 4 years ago

Well software opdates on POTC is via USB. So get the latest code of the stern site and upload it. Use dipswitch 8, it is in the manual. For the rest what to look for on a POTC. If the ship runs well, the display has no pixels out, the ramps, right ramp is mostly broken, shooter lane is almost always bad, Compass decal can be worn, check the opto's. For the rest I think no issues. Motor for the ship, gearbox and motor for compass plus ramps are expensive. The rest can be fixed easily with less costs.

#2187 4 years ago

Here is a link to how to update code for PotC. Latest code is 6.0 Listed under Disney’s Pirates ..

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

#2188 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I know one version with voices from the movies.

Where could I find that version ?

#2189 4 years ago

I have a version potc0600DS2.bin

#2190 4 years ago

Very very Thanks, the right ramp is broken... The rest should be fully functional, logically everything is to be clean ed, the board are in repair

20191230_153325_HDR (resized).jpg20191230_153325_HDR (resized).jpg
#2191 4 years ago

I have a small issue with my POTC and I am wondering if this is a common problem. When I shoot the ship, only the first one (the interceptor), the post comes up holds the ball, and when the post drops the ball goes sdtm (8 times out of 10). The post in the retracted position protrudes about 1 mm above the playfield and the ball touches it on its way down. Should the post be flush with the playfield? The machine is level.

#2192 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

Very very Thanks, the right ramp is broken... The rest should be fully functional, logically everything is to be clean ed, the board are in repair[quoted image]

the right ramp is also missing the return blocking gate, seems it completely broke of. That is one dirty machine....

#2193 4 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

I have a small issue with my POTC and I am wondering if this is a common problem. When I shoot the ship, only the first one (the interceptor), the post comes up holds the ball, and when the post drops the ball goes sdtm (8 times out of 10). The post in the retracted position protrudes about 1 mm above the playfield and the ball touches it on its way down. Should the post be flush with the playfield? The machine is level.

Yes, the post should be completely level with the playfield when down. Its a simple adjustment under the playfield.

I would try fixing the post to see if the SDTM problem resolves. It should not go SDTM after being released by the post, ever.

#2194 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

the right ramp is also missing the return blocking gate, seems it completely broke of. That is one dirty machine....

If I take that, I will look for a used ramp plus a return blocking gate, I think I will have to look for it completely , only the right part exists?

#2195 4 years ago

I finally got around to putting the Zizzle figures in. I made clear plastic mounts for each one so they can mount to existing playfield screws and not be glued. I really like how Jack's hand grabs onto the rail. I have two more figures, but I think I'm liking just the three. Opinions?

IMG_20200110_192915 (resized).jpgIMG_20200110_192915 (resized).jpgIMG_20200110_192905 (resized).jpgIMG_20200110_192905 (resized).jpgIMG_20200110_192856 (resized).jpgIMG_20200110_192856 (resized).jpgIMG_20200110_192752 (resized).jpgIMG_20200110_192752 (resized).jpg
#2196 4 years ago

Very beautiful Zizzle figures

#2197 4 years ago

Has anyone made alternative sling plastics I hate the original ones

#2198 4 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I finally got around to putting the Zizzle figures in. I made clear plastic mounts for each one so they can mount to existing playfield screws and not be glued. I really like how Jack's hand grabs onto the rail. I have two more figures, but I think I'm liking just the three. Opinions?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you gluing them to the plastic mounts you made?

#2199 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Are you gluing them to the plastic mounts you made?

No. The figure is held on to the plastic mount with a screw. There's already a hole in the bottom of each foot, so it was pretty simple.

3 weeks later
#2200 4 years ago

New to the club today!
Trying to put together an order from comet. Like the warm white look with maybe a splash of color for the Gi. Any suggestions what bulbs are best? The choices are a bit overwhelming. Like the look of the comet spotlights on the sling shots too. How about the inserts, non ghosting but what shape? Any help here is appreciated. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/44?hl=dpannell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.