Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 76.
#2101 4 years ago

Technically joined club a week ago but hadn't posted it so as they say no picture it's here say. Was on a supposed 3rd run wait list way back when but stern never did a 3rd run otherwise i would have had it new. Been looking ever since but hadn't had a shot.

piratepin (resized).jpgpiratepin (resized).jpg
#2102 4 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Technically joined club a week ago but hadn't posted it so as they say no picture it's here say. Was on a supposed 3rd run wait list way back when but stern never did a 3rd run otherwise i would have had it new. Been looking ever since but hadn't had a shot.[quoted image]

Beautiful man nice!

#2103 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Just joined tonight
Never owned one really pumped
I pick up in the morning
One owner with like 5700 plays
Man oh man is there black dust everywhere on the playfield
This guy never changed the balls
All works and cab,playfield seem to be near perfect
Thing is filthy though
Nabbed it at 3400
I hope I did good makes me nervous I hope it cleans up

You’re going to love the pin. I enjoyed sinking that ship just as much as I enjoyed blasting that castle in MM, plus the treasure chest was so fun to hit and it interacted well with the game play. Really miss mine and you got one at a cool price. Should clean up nice I’m sure, but get rid of the sneeze guard on it and replace it with the plastic that stops air balls, even though I never had a ball jump up and hit the ship.

#2104 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

You’re going to love the pin. I enjoyed sinking that ship just as much as I enjoyed blasting that castle in MM, plus the treasure chest was so fun to hit and it interacted well with the game play. Really miss mine and you got one at a cool price. Should clean up nice I’m sure, but get rid of the sneeze guard on it and replace it with the plastic that stops air balls, even though I never had a ball jump up and hit the ship.

I think your right this game looks great the ship works it’s cleaning up nicely

07DF6233-59CE-49A9-83FC-AB23A4C0F118 (resized).jpeg07DF6233-59CE-49A9-83FC-AB23A4C0F118 (resized).jpeg34738051-E7E9-4852-9083-60C06C14A76B (resized).jpeg34738051-E7E9-4852-9083-60C06C14A76B (resized).jpeg3A49C455-B236-44DD-8621-2909E5A15B1A (resized).jpeg3A49C455-B236-44DD-8621-2909E5A15B1A (resized).jpeg3F8F6250-7F89-4BFC-A331-510B3BEBCE64 (resized).jpeg3F8F6250-7F89-4BFC-A331-510B3BEBCE64 (resized).jpeg73EF1E69-1673-41D1-AD54-2B71680EDE71 (resized).jpeg73EF1E69-1673-41D1-AD54-2B71680EDE71 (resized).jpegA99F4DE0-84AF-4232-B1E6-E87244EAD1A8 (resized).jpegA99F4DE0-84AF-4232-B1E6-E87244EAD1A8 (resized).jpegAC6BF11A-07BF-4BAC-9117-13560AAB23D7 (resized).jpegAC6BF11A-07BF-4BAC-9117-13560AAB23D7 (resized).jpegBB2FA250-3C91-423A-BE8A-70DF8BF0E398 (resized).jpegBB2FA250-3C91-423A-BE8A-70DF8BF0E398 (resized).jpegE64C0B43-F05B-4D8C-8829-E6364CDF81A6 (resized).jpegE64C0B43-F05B-4D8C-8829-E6364CDF81A6 (resized).jpeg
#2105 4 years ago

I believe he let the decal on the back spinner wear down and it flew all around in the back
That obviously from reading here easier said than done when it comes to cleaning it
Have a decal coming and have reached out for the replacement guard

*edit for spelling

#2106 4 years ago

This game says version 4.0
Is that the last update?
Thanks

#2107 4 years ago

Also he took the lid off the chest for whatever reason I will have to figure how to reattach

#2108 4 years ago

Just joined tonight
Never owned one really pumped
I pick up in the morning
One owner with like 5700 plays
Man oh man is there black dust everywhere on the playfield
This guy never changed the balls
All works and cab,playfield seem to be near perfect
Thing is filthy though
Nabbed it at 3400
I hope I did good makes me nervous I hope it cleans up

great price imo. should clean up.

#2109 4 years ago

This game says version 4.0
Is that the last update?
Thanks

https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=pirates

#2110 4 years ago

I believe he let the decal on the back spinner wear down and it flew all around in the back
That obviously from reading here easier said than done when it comes to cleaning it
Have a decal coming and have reached out for the replacement guard
*edit for spelling

Nice pick up, I just got one for $3600. Great bang for buck. Really fun gameplay.

I had to replace my compass decal also, get all the rubbers ready you will need to replace them. Mine where all chewed up. Also, if the
New decal does not have mylar on it put it on there or within a hundred plays it will be destroyed and all over your game. The one from marco does not come with mylar.

#2111 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Nice pick up, I just got one for $3600. Great bang for buck. Really fun gameplay.
I had to replace my compass decal also, get all the rubbers ready you will need to replace them. Mine where all chewed up. Also, if the
New decal does not have mylar on it put it on there or within a hundred plays it will be destroyed and all over your game. The one from marco does not come with mylar.

Right on.
Ordered one from Pinball Life I will have to check that
The game is in real good shape this guy literally did nothing to clean it
Ya there goes my Elvira 3 funds
To good a deal always wanted a stern from this era
Was always thinking Ripleys but ended up here
Very glad the whole family is digging on it
I have to say,though it’s probably been said a thousand times,when I approached the machine my wife and I were confused by the “sneeze guard “
We were both like WTF ha ha
I will get it off tonight
Was really looking for a moderately priced game this game is a steal you can tell right away it has a lot going on plus I actually like the theme more than I ever thought I would

#2112 4 years ago

Right on.
Ordered one from Pinball Life I will have to check that
The game is in real good shape this guy literally did nothing to clean it
Ya there goes my Elvira 3 funds
To good a deal always wanted a stern from this era
Was always thinking Ripleys but ended up here
Very glad the whole family is digging on it
I have to say,though it’s probably been said a thousand times,when I approached the machine my wife and I were confused by the “sneeze guard “
We were both like WTF ha ha
I will get it off tonight
Was really looking for a moderately priced game this game is a steal you can tell right away it has a lot going on plus I actually like the theme more than I ever thought I would

Spacemanratso09 If you remove the sneeze guard make sure to get the airball protector from maffewl .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maffewls-potc-airball-deflector-for-sneezeguard-removal

#2114 4 years ago

So the previous owner apparently took the decorative lid off the chest
He says it was hitting the plastic ramp that goes by
I can slap this sucker right back on but it does look like maybe it will hit the ramp
I see nothing wrong or anything shifted out of place
Any suggestions or insight ?

#2115 4 years ago

I can slap this sucker right back on but it does look like maybe it will hit the ramp

Check the position of the entire chest remove and rebuild but on forehand check the ramps positioning
There is just a little room between the open lid and the ramp cutout.

#2116 4 years ago
20190721_222629 (resized).jpg20190721_222629 (resized).jpg
#2117 4 years ago

As jorro stated, check position of both ramp and chest. If it’s hitting then one or both are out of sync. It’s just a matter of getting them realigned.

#2118 4 years ago

So everything is back together on the Pirates
Still need to look into realignment of the chest so the lid doesn’t hit the ramp
Have it set steep but now the auto plunge doesn’t go all the way up some of the time
I guess I need to bring this beast back down
Just starting to get some games on it great game
Has anybody made a callouts/sound package for this?
It’s fine just wondering if it’s available can’t find anything in my searches
Thanks!

#2119 4 years ago

Also ,any suggestions on the best LEDs for this?
I want to do white everywhere but I don’t want it to look phony

#2120 4 years ago

Weird
Installed the latest cod and put on a Cliffy for the shooter now it auto plunges very strong every time
Set up right this game is wicked fast

#2121 4 years ago

LEDs are a tricky one to tell others what to get. On my buddies game, I bought the Comet kit with all white GI. Looks pretty good.

#2122 4 years ago

I used non ghosting from Comet for under playfield.

#2123 4 years ago

when I got mine it had been color bombed. I took them all out and put comet white everywhere except red in the compas lights and green on the key lights. Looks much better.

#2124 4 years ago

anyone else preorder a shaker motor for thier POTC ? I did

#2125 4 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I did, gonna be awesome

#2126 4 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Who do I order one from?

#2128 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Theres also a mini rol microswitch under the chest near the gate post.
Remove chest and inspect

Ordered a new roller microswitch for the chest but have yet to install it. Upon closer inspection it seems the problem is that a fast chest shot will -- I think -- bounce back and go under the gate. I noticed there's a leaf type spring on that gate to make it return faster. Has anyone played with this spring to make it snap back faster to ensure the ball doesn't bounce back through? Also, you would think that even if the ball does bounce back it should/would have tripped the roller switch and at least registered a HEART hit. This seems to be the one nagging issue I have with my table and wondering what the right fix is. Anyone else been up against this?

#2129 4 years ago
Quoted from malkneil:

Ordered a new roller microswitch for the chest but have yet to install it. Upon closer inspection it seems the problem is that a fast chest shot will -- I think -- bounce back and go under the gate. I noticed there's a leaf type spring on that gate to make it return faster. Has anyone played with this spring to make it snap back faster to ensure the ball doesn't bounce back through? Also, you would think that even if the ball does bounce back it should/would have tripped the roller switch and at least registered a HEART hit. This seems to be the one nagging issue I have with my table and wondering what the right fix is. Anyone else been up against this?

I think this is pretty normal, everyone I have played does it. When I shoot a laser to the chest it bounces back out about 50% of the time. A slow grazing shot always stays locked in the chest. I might mess with that gate spring this weekend. How hard was it to remove the chest and stuff?

#2130 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I think this is pretty normal, everyone I have played does it. When I shoot a laser to the chest it bounces back out about 50% of the time. A slow grazing shot always stays locked in the chest. I might mess with that gate spring this weekend. How hard was it to remove the chest and stuff?

That seems like a pretty unacceptable miss rate -- considering that the HEART super jackpot seems to be the hardest compass point (along with davy jones) to achieve -- given how many times you need to hit the chest to get that award. I have not dabbled with removing the chest yet. There are some exploded views in the manual, but it looks like at best, it will be a minor pain.

#2131 4 years ago
Quoted from malkneil:

That seems like a pretty unacceptable miss rate -- considering that the HEART super jackpot seems to be the hardest compass point (along with davy jones) to achieve -- given how many times you need to hit the chest to get that award. I have not dabbled with removing the chest yet. There are some exploded views in the manual, but it looks like at best, it will be a minor pain.

what sucks is a beautiful laser beam into the chest bounces right out, but a glancing shot sticks right in there. I might tear mine down this weekend and check that wire gate.

#2132 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

what sucks is a beautiful laser beam into the chest bounces right out, but a glancing shot sticks right in there. I might tear mine down this weekend and check that wire gate.

Keep me posted if you have any revelations once you start digging underneath that chest . . . thanks for your replies.

#2133 4 years ago
Quoted from Fatscorky:

Had pirates for around a year now and thought I would share a few photos of what I’ve done to it.

Nice job!!!

#2134 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Had a buddy come over who's a lot more savvy in the repair department and he took at look at the 'chest kickback' issue. It seems like the ball is bouncing off the nylon up post in back and reversing direction. What seems to exacerbate this is the fact that the ball appears to be able to hit that up post and still be partially under the gate -- holding it open. It almost looks like a design flaw and it seems like the gate should be located farther left behind the chest so the ball has more distance to clear it and let it drop down. My buddy also mentioned the possibility of replacing the nylon up post with a metal one as metal would provide less rebound than vinyl. Not sure if you can get this same part with a metal end instead of vinyl or would have to create something from scratch.

#2135 4 years ago

Hey Guys, just need to confirm something for a project if someone could be kind enough to answer. The connector in Spacemanratso09 machine that is in this picture below the right flipper, is this normally for the bill validator? If so, and more importantly, are the voltages grey/red stripe wire - 12VDC and red wire - 5VDC and black being ground? And secondly, are the pins 0.92 size female in the connector? Thanks in advance
d4c4e123a6199bebcad89fae14e76ef4bbbf5ac5.jpeg (resized).jpgd4c4e123a6199bebcad89fae14e76ef4bbbf5ac5.jpeg (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2136 4 years ago

Found the answer i was needing, it's the spare power connector and the wires were as i suspected...ummmm cheers Guys

1 week later
#2137 4 years ago

Can someone explain what the Victory Jig mode is. I see it come on I think after defeating the Kraken. What's the gist of it? Having trouble finding much online about it.

#2138 4 years ago
Quoted from malkneil:

Can someone explain what the Victory Jig mode is. I see it come on I think after defeating the Kraken. What's the gist of it? Having trouble finding much online about it.

I’m not aware of this.

#2139 4 years ago

It's listed on this page, which incidentally is a good overview of all the game play features:

https://www.pinballnews.com/games/potc/index7.html

Quoting that page:

"The [Kraken] battle ends if you lose one or both of the balls but make enough hits to reduce its life bar to zero and you start a 3M hurry up on the same shot, plus you light the Destroy Kraken compass task. Collect it before it counts down to 1M and Victory Jig frenzy mode starts, accompanied by a much more robust "Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirate's life for me" theme than the one at the start of the game. "

What's Victory Jig Frenzy Mode?

#2140 4 years ago
Quoted from malkneil:

It's listed on this page, which incidentally is a good overview of all the game play features:
https://www.pinballnews.com/games/potc/index7.html
Quoting that page:
"The [Kraken] battle ends if you lose one or both of the balls but make enough hits to reduce its life bar to zero and you start a 3M hurry up on the same shot, plus you light the Destroy Kraken compass task. Collect it before it counts down to 1M and Victory Jig frenzy mode starts, accompanied by a much more robust "Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirate's life for me" theme than the one at the start of the game. "
What's Victory Jig Frenzy Mode?

Cool I’ll need to keep my eyes open for that.

2 weeks later
#2141 4 years ago

After adding volume button to coin door I said heck I'll move the tournament button. It was a after thought so I'll probably do another just to get both centered up. Plexiglass was used and 1/8" thick.

20190907_120030 (resized).jpg20190907_120030 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2142 4 years ago

Joined the club yesterday! Now I have to get up to speed with all the posts.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2143 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Joined the club yesterday! Now I have to get up to speed with all the posts. [quoted image]

Congratulations, now walk the Plank. Mate

#2144 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Congratulations, now walk the Plank. Mate

I feel like I am everytime I walk into the bank and make a pin withdrawal. LOL

#2145 4 years ago

I got a stupid dad joke.

Q: what is a pirates favorite letter?

A: most people say 'R' but his true love is the 'C'.

#2146 4 years ago

Would like to powder coat the armor on mine. There are a lot of color matches to work with. Bronze, candy red, gloss black? Anyone done theirs or suggestions welcome too.

#2147 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Would like to powder coat the armor on mine. There are a lot of color matches to work with. Bronze, candy red, gloss black? Anyone done theirs or suggestions welcome too.

Candy Red sure would make it POP. A sure eye catcher. That's my vote.

#2148 4 years ago

syracuse.craigslist.org link

Stern Brand new Potc playfield $475

#2149 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Candy Red sure would make it POP. A sure eye catcher. That's my vote.

Picked up my High Speed rails from the shop and checked their colours. Found one that looks like a red wine colour a slight flake to it. Think it will match well.

#2150 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

some guy just sold one a couple months ago with a reddish orange powder coat that looked really good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Orlando, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.