Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 76.
#2001 5 years ago

Does anyone have a decent list of what LED's to put into POTC? I could map it out but if someone has already done so it would save me some time. I've had the machine for a couple months now and it turns out the game is a lot more interesting than originally expected hence the willingness to now swap all bulbs to LED.

Do owners of this machine swap the flashers that go off simulating the cannon ball strikes to LED flashers?

#2002 5 years ago

Still haven’t solved the snowing problem with tiny white shavings. They are definitely plastic. I’m convinced it’s the spinning disc. Only something moving that fast could produce so much white debris after one game. So strange. I’m too lazy and busy with a newborn to take it apart. The game plays great! I just completed the compass for the first time ever and played Four Winds Multiball. It gives you several lit shots to complete. Naturally, I lost my ball and didn’t complete the wizard mode. But I came close! Ranked top 50 in score finally.

A1E55068-AB4A-40A8-9FB0-624372EF5E41 (resized).jpegA1E55068-AB4A-40A8-9FB0-624372EF5E41 (resized).jpegFF225554-6C40-4B9B-8CAF-9AD375993F09 (resized).jpegFF225554-6C40-4B9B-8CAF-9AD375993F09 (resized).jpeg
#2003 5 years ago

Great score! Haven’t come close to that even with 5 ball. You’ll figure out the snow thing, as you said, just need time to dismantle. And it takes a lot of time.

#2004 5 years ago

Get a can of air and use it like a SNOW BLOWER. Great Game, I'm still a long way from Four Winds.

#2005 5 years ago

Don’t own my machine anymore but need to buy some bulbs as a gift for a relative.

Off the top of my head, do I need anything other that #44,89 and 555’s? The red and greens on back, are they 555’s as well?

Thanks

#2006 5 years ago

If you suspect the disc, then just block off the ramp with a small towel or something so the ball can't get up there. Now play several games and see if it still snows.

#2007 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Still haven’t solved the snowing problem with tiny white shavings. They are definitely plastic. I’m convinced it’s the spinning disc. Only something moving that fast could produce so much white debris after one game. So strange. I’m too lazy and busy with a newborn to take it apart. The game plays great! I just completed the compass for the first time ever and played Four Winds Multiball. It gives you several lit shots to complete. Naturally, I lost my ball and didn’t complete the wizard mode. But I came close! Ranked top 50 in score finally.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had tons of white debris as well. Then I covered my spinning disc decal with 3M car bra vinyl, just cut myself a piece to fit. Amazon sells 6 inch wide pieces. The great thing about the vinyl is it has an almost rubbery feel so the ball still spins well and does not float like it would do on mylar.

#2008 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Don’t own my machine anymore but need to buy some bulbs as a gift for a relative.
Off the top of my head, do I need anything other that #44,89 and 555’s? The red and greens on back, are they 555’s as well?
Thanks

I’m not sure what you mean with 44,89 but 555 is wedge socket right? The backboard lamps all have bayonet sockets.

If I remember correctly all inserts have wedge sockets and all GI are bayonets.
Also all flashers are bayonet as well.

And then there’s that odd tiny sockets of the tournament button lamp which I’ve never replaced with LED.

#2009 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Your game is looking sweet. Wished I had a ColorDMD.

You should get the Color DMD if you enjoy PotC you will really love the color.

#2010 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thanks

I just replaced my playfield lights with LED's. #555. But they were ghosting. Went to Comets and picked up NON GHOSTING with FACETED LENS - Faceted - #555 Wedge - Natural White. All good now. The 12v flashers are bayonets as are the 10, 6v ones used on the backboard.

#2011 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The red and greens on back, are they 555’s as well?
Thanks

Bayonets

#2012 5 years ago

All the bulbs are bayonets correct?

Manual shows some wedge style but I don’t remember them in my machine.

#2013 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I had tons of white debris as well. Then I covered my spinning disc decal with 3M car bra vinyl, just cut myself a piece to fit. Amazon sells 6 inch wide pieces. The great thing about the vinyl is it has an almost rubbery feel so the ball still spins well and does not float like it would do on mylar.

Did you notice white flakes on or near the spinning disc? I don't see any flakes on the surface or accumulated near it. I like the suggestion of either blocking that ramp and seeing if the flakes appear without hitting the Tortuga ramp, or disabling the disc in the settings, if possible. I examined the disc surface before and it really looks like there is already a clear, vinyl or mylar cover in place. I was wondering if it could be something under the spinning disc, rubbing on the underside of it and grinding it down. I will try to isolate the spinning disc and see if I can definitely rule it in or out.

Thanks for all the ideas and help. I really appreciate it.

#2014 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Did you notice white flakes on or near the spinning disc? I don't see any flakes on the surface or accumulated near it. I like the suggestion of either blocking that ramp and seeing if the flakes appear without hitting the Tortuga ramp, or disabling the disc in the settings, if possible. I examined the disc surface before and it really looks like there is already a clear, vinyl or mylar cover in place. I was wondering if it could be something under the spinning disc, rubbing on the underside of it and grinding it down. I will try to isolate the spinning disc and see if I can definitely rule it in or out.
Thanks for all the ideas and help. I really appreciate it.

Not really by the disc, just all over the playfield.

#2015 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

All the bulbs are bayonets correct?
Manual shows some wedge style but I don’t remember them in my machine.

The under playfield are wedge style #555. The 10 bulbs on background are bayonets #44,#47

#2016 5 years ago

Not to sure about the blubs under plastics. Will be 8 hours until I can look.

#2017 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Not to sure about the blubs under plastics. Will be 8 hours until I can look.

Gi are all #44 bayonet clears?

#2018 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Gi are all #44 bayonet clears?

I already answered your questions above. GI is all clear bayonet except for the red and greens on the backboard. I know some keep incandescents for these.
I used single SMDs with a frosted lens in the past myself.

#2019 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

I already answered your questions above. GI is all clear bayonet except for the red and greens on the backboard. I know some keep incandescents for these.
I used single SMDs with a frosted lens in the past myself.

I missed your post, sorry!

Not my machine and he want it all stock.

Thanks for the help though, bought the bulbs. Just couldn’t remember bayonet/wedge.

1 week later
#2020 5 years ago

I’ve owned the pin for more than 10 years and I’m still hearing new quotes.

I just found out if I hit a flipper button when I turn the machine on it’ll give me a quote.

One was:

“Always have a trick up your sleeve”

Another was:

“I once loved a girl named xxxxx”

I can’t remember what the name was.

1 week later
#2021 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

See post 1925 & 1926.

3 weeks later
#2022 5 years ago

Has anyone put a shaker motor in their POTC? I installed a Rev B and cannot find the Step 7 Brown Grey wire on the three prong molex.

#2023 5 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Has anyone put a shaker motor in their POTC? I installed a Rev B and cannot find the Step 7 Brown Grey wire on the three prong molex.

As far as I know, POTC was never designed for a shaker motor. The wiring isn't there, and neither is the code that would turn it on and off. Various people have done custom jobs where they trigger the shaker by monitoring the ship flasher. I don't think there is anything that'll just work out of the box.

#2024 5 years ago

Lol oh wow, thats crappy. But thank you very much for the response. Too bad this game would be awesome with a shaker.

#2025 5 years ago

I bought the shaker which is connected to the ship flasher, I like it a lot. It rumbles when you hit the ship and when it sinks.

#2026 5 years ago

I wanted to make sure that I follow the rules (guidelines) so was reading the rules again on Pinball news.

Seems like catch the wind is just light the opposite lane for points. However it says something different on the PF says lights left arrow which I was trying to figure out. I suppose more correct would be to say lights left or right lane.

I’m not sure what exactly lights the catch the wind light either, this explanation is not correct.

510077F9-8392-4C92-BA3E-0E0DB7B88FF5 (resized).jpeg510077F9-8392-4C92-BA3E-0E0DB7B88FF5 (resized).jpeg47E351FC-AE3F-46F9-B92E-30BC0C41541F (resized).jpeg47E351FC-AE3F-46F9-B92E-30BC0C41541F (resized).jpeg

#2027 5 years ago

Yesterday I got “super duper skill shot” two times in the span of 4 balls played. Not to shabby for 13M points each.

I’m still short of the wizard mode only reached it one time. Get hung up on the East compass one or the other, it really sucks to know that if you drain you need to complete the compass again to get back which would be impossible for me.

#2028 5 years ago

Still have a few ship cannon led harnesses available
http://weirpinball.com/mods/potcmod.html

Scott

#2029 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Seems like catch the wind is just light the opposite lane for points. However it says something different on the PF says lights left arrow which I was trying to figure out. I suppose more correct would be to say lights left or right lane.
I’m not sure what exactly lights the catch the wind light either, this explanation is not correct.

I thought "Catch the wind" lights the opposite orbit? Shoot right orbit from left flipper after a left inlane, and vice versa. I'm not totally sure though and I can't check right now—my machine is at a friend's place; we did a swap for a few months.

#2030 5 years ago
Quoted from michi:

I thought "Catch the wind" lights the opposite orbit? Shoot right orbit from left flipper after a left inlane, and vice versa. I'm not totally sure though and I can't check right now—my machine is at a friend's place; we did a swap for a few months.

That makes sense nothing to go out of you way for but I do hit them by accident occasionally and points are points.

#2031 5 years ago

Was just playing a few game. On the third game noticed one of the lights #5 on back panel (Lamp 37) stayed on. After looking at the I/O Power Driver PCB page101 that's when I noticed all lights on U13 Drive 5 YEL-GRN wire were on. A total of 10. Is something shorted somewhere? I first looked at back panel light because it I noticed it was out on game two. That's why it stood out on game 3 being on before I plugged ball. Any help, thanks in advance. I'll tackle it tomorrow.

#2032 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That makes sense nothing to go out of you way for but I do hit them by accident occasionally and points are points.

Just FYI 'catch the wind' gives the current jackpot value

#2033 5 years ago
Quoted from VZSpyder:

Just FYI 'catch the wind' gives the current jackpot value

That can be a good bit of booty.

2 weeks later
#2034 5 years ago

in my pinball the problem is it does not save the settings I make, like the free play, etc ... every time it closes makes a reset settings. there is no battery problem because the scores saves them normally. What it can be? I change the small round battery but not working. still lose the settings

#2035 5 years ago
Quoted from ababapanos:

in my pinball the problem is it does not save the settings I make, like the free play, etc ... every time it closes makes a reset settings. there is no battery problem because the scores saves them normally. What it can be? I change the small round battery but not working. still lose the settings

Have you updated the code
Or made changes to sounds with pinbrowser?
I had this once, when i uploaded the code again it worked normaly again.
Once someone had this problem with the old boot room
He changed to latest boot rom and then it worked again.
Also check if the boards cell batery is good.
Check these things out.
Good luck keep us posted

#2036 5 years ago

Thanks for your answer. How can I update the boot rom?

I also want to ask you if you have the files from the decals from the COMPASS and the targets to print them myself. etc. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/802-5001-92. and http://www.pinballdecals.com/POTCTargetDecalsPage.html

#2037 5 years ago
Quoted from ababapanos:

Thanks for your answer. How can I update the boot rom?

1. Download the code here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4n1zupflwa248y2/POTCenglish-french.zip?dl=1
2. Put it on an empty USB thumbdrive.
3. Turn off machine.
4. Plug USB drive in the CPU board in the backbox (right one)
5. Move dip swith 8 to on (too switch to left)
6. Turn on machine, confirm update and wait...
7. Turn machine off, move DIP 8 back and remove USB drive
8. Turn on machine and test.

Find instruction in the manual as well:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean_Manual.pdf

Quoted from ababapanos:

I also want to ask you if you have the files from the decals from the COMPASS and the targets to print them myself.

Why would you want do that?! The decal on the compass needs to be ‘grippy’ to move the ball around. And the standup target decals get bashed at lot. Why not just buy the original decent parts?

Check out www.ministryofpinball.nl (The Netherlands) and www.pu-parts.de (Germany) to avoid expensive import fees from ordering from outside Europe.

Good luck!

#2038 5 years ago

thanks for help . I updated the system in V.60 and system 1.38 but nothing. the problem ισ still does not save the settings

scores saved normally...

#2039 5 years ago
Quoted from ababapanos:

thanks for help . I updated the system in V.60 and system 1.38 but nothing. the problem ισ still does not save the settings
scores saved normally...

Might want to post in the general technical forum will get more eyes.

#2040 5 years ago
Quoted from ababapanos:

scores saved normally...

I still think it could be your battery. Default High Scores will flash with the update. Pop out the battery and test it or put in a brand new battery and try it. Otherwise, I agree with above, you need more detailed tech help.

1 week later
#2041 5 years ago

So I'm back in the club after having a NIB back in 06 and I'm trying to decide on how I want to light the ship what color are you guys putting in the ship spotlights?

#2042 5 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

So I'm back in the club after having a NIB back in 06 and I'm trying to decide on how I want to light the ship what color are you guys putting in the ship spotlights?

Welcome back, for me it is green.

#2043 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Yeah I think green is the way to go I actually used green colored 555's back in 06 think I'll go higher output green LED's this time.

#2044 5 years ago

I'm on the green train as well. You can see an image of it in my For Sale/Trade thread linked below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-pirates-of-the-caribbean

#2045 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

You can see green in my mod video as well

#2046 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

You can see green in my mod video as well

I need to order your cannon fire mod next.

#2047 5 years ago

I have color changers in them.

#2048 5 years ago

If they were available I think color changers that were just blue and green would look great.

#2049 5 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

If they were available I think color changers that were just blue and green would look great.

I've been bugging Comet to make a "water" bulb with blue and green alternating LEDs, the same way their "flame" bulbs work with red and orange. Maybe if other people ask for it they'll get on it faster.

#2050 5 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Agreed. Blue looks great on the ship as well, but it hides some of it's details.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/41?hl=ababapanos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.