Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 76.
#151 8 years ago

I was just looking at the Heart Multiball requirements.

I think you need to spell KEY to open the chest then hit the chest 5x to start Jackpot sequence 5x more to start Heart Multiball then 5x more to collect.

That's a lot of hits to the chest.

Speaking of the chest, it's such a well built toy. When I think of the stock cannon on AcDc and the stock arcade on Tron (both look like .99c items) in comparison the chest is a real treasure. Today it would be a folded piece of plastic (like the cannon in AcDc).

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

hit the chest 5x to start Jackpot sequence 5x more to start Heart Multiball then 5x more to collect.

hmmm....no wonder I haven't done it.

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

hmmm....no wonder I haven't done it.

No kidding.

Davie Jones is a bitch too.

#154 8 years ago

I was able to finish Davey Jones but I didn't complete the Monkey shot... I figured out that completing the Monkey while holding a ball during multiball works well....

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I was able to finish Davey Jones but I didn't complete the Monkey shot

I've had all of it but heart super jp since I didn't know what the %^&# I was supposed to shoot for...though it sounds impossible now that I do know.

#156 8 years ago

I find the easiest way to hit the chest is off the right flipper. Just back flip it in, plus it's more safe if you miss.

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

I had to reflow/add solder to about half the opto boards. The wires were barely hanging on..

Has anyone else done this? I WANT it but not sure how difficult it is. I am not a super computer guy, I know enough to get in trouble. Feedback would be much appreciated. I did read through most of the steps but still seems a little cloudy. Thanx in advance

Contact pinballmike, he has everything you Need

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Has anyone else done this? I WANT it but not sure how difficult it is. I am not a super computer guy, I know enough to get in trouble. Feedback would be much appreciated. I did read through most of the steps but still seems a little cloudy. Thanx in advance

There are a few threads on here on the assembly process. It is not as simple as ColorDMD but it does not appear all that hard. I would also recommend the Pinball Mike parts kit, he provides some great instruction.

#159 8 years ago

FROM PINBALL NEWS RULES:

Once you have spelled K-E-Y and shoot the chest, it opens to reveal Davy Jones' heart on a bed of gold doubloons some of which spell out H-E-A-R-T, the first letter of which is flashing.

You have to shoot the chest five more times to spell out H-E-A-R-T. When the ball is ejected, all the major shots are lit for jackpots. Jackpots start at 400K rising 25K each time and once lit they remain lit, even between balls.

Collect all, any or none of them and shoot the chest again to add another H-E-A-R-T letter and relight all the jackpot shots. You can just keep shooting the chest but you're missing out on some valuable jackpots on the ramps and lanes.

When you have completed all the H-E-A-R-T letters the chest is now lit for Heart Multiball.

Again all the major shots are flashing for jackpots. You need to keep shooting the chest to collect the Super Jackpot but its value is increased by collecting the lit jackpot shots. When you shoot a flashing shot it becomes solidly lit and no longer scores jackpots. When all jackpots are collected, the shots return to flashing and can be collected again. When you have shot the chest enough times to spell out H-E-A-R-T again the chest then scores the Super Jackpot.

This is worth 2M points or more and relights all the shots but perhaps most importantly gives you your compass feature light for Heart Super Jackpot. You can continue scoring jackpot and super jackpot scores until you are down to only one ball or fewer and of course you can combine them with the Tortuga Multiball for multiplied scores.

#160 8 years ago

Edit

Seems if you set chest to 'Easy' it spots you a couple of letters. Thank God.

2 weeks later
#161 8 years ago

Joined the club a couple weeks ago! Thanks, Gambit, for a nice game at a fair price. Tricked out and workin' sweet! Lots of fun -- and a favorite with the kids and grandkids. Much "friendlier" than TSPP. Already looking forward to my first shop job on it! (Colors look like crap in photo. LED colors are really cool in person.)

IMG_2747.JPGIMG_2747.JPG
#162 8 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Joined the club a couple weeks ago! Thanks, Gambit, for a nice game at a fair price. Tricked out and workin' sweet! Lots of fun -- and a favorite with the kids and grandkids. Much "friendlier" than TSPP. Already looking forward to my first shop job on it! (Colors look like crap in photo. LED colors are really cool in person.)

IMG_2747.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Great three game collection.

1 month later
#163 8 years ago

I just did a full LED conversion looks great. All my machines are now LED'd

MMR7.jpgMMR7.jpg

#164 8 years ago

I'm in the club ! I wasn't sure there was a club or I would have joined it a few months back when I scooped up this machine ! Love it !

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I just did a full LED conversion looks great
MMR7.jpg

Nice, you sit down when playing?

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Nice, you sit down when playing?

Its comfortable, once you do it you are hooked. Especially on long games, you don't get too tired. I did over 360 million on my Pirates and I think I was on for 45 mins.

#167 8 years ago

If anyone is looking for the Dead mans chest to get painted lmk We are gonna start to offer more and more custom painted parts. Also have a few other POTC mods in the works and yes the Kracken is still coming

Thanks, Matt

pirates chest paint job 1.jpgpirates chest paint job 1.jpgpirates chest paint job 2.jpgpirates chest paint job 2.jpgpirates chest paint job 3.jpgpirates chest paint job 3.jpg

#168 8 years ago

Has anyone know this guy ? He seems not to be on pinside. He changed almost all the songs on his POTC and I really like it. I am not able to speak to him. I would like his update...lol

He is Jérôme Costenoble and seems from France. There his video. Actually three in total.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiGGdhBo1zcjXwpp3rOXSjA/videos

what's your thought on it ?

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from matt_assassin:

Has anyone know this guy ? He seems not to be on pinside. He changed almost all the songs on his POTC and I really like it. I am not able to speak to him. I would like his update...lol
He is Jérôme Costenoble and seems from France. There his video. Actually three in total.

Sounds Awesome!!! Would love to give that code a spin.

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from matt_assassin:

We need to make getting this sound upgrade a priority but I suspect it may be a prototype from Pinsound. I sent the folks at Pinsound a email to see if they can help.

#171 8 years ago

We need to make getting this sound upgrade a priority but I suspect it may be a prototype from Pinsound. I sent the folks at Pinsound a email to see if they can help.

I think this card will not work for POTC. Its SAM system and it is not shown on their site. I've tried myself with pinball browser and the result is good but could be better.

If anyone wants it, send me a mail and I'll give it. I hope for improvement, that's why I sharing.

#172 8 years ago

Look what showed up today! My plans include installing LED's, silicone rings, cannon and inlane mods and adding the movie soundtrack with SmartDMD.*

Delivery070715-1.jpgDelivery070715-1.jpg
Delivery070715-2.jpgDelivery070715-2.jpg

*Edit: Oops! I meant Pinball-Browser, not SmartDMD.

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

movie soundtrack with SmartDMD

If you know how to add the movie soundtrack, I'm all ears. If you see post #168, a few of us would like that too but don't know how.

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

the Kracken is still coming

Nice! cant wait to see what you do with this

#175 8 years ago

If you know how to add the movie soundtrack, I'm all ears. If you see post #168, a few of us would like that too but don't know how.

Again, If anyone wants to try my rom file for new sound, send me a mail. I used Pinball Browser and its not perfect but at least, make it better than the original.

I did intro, in play, the kraken, jack, the dead men chest and the final song at the end...

#176 8 years ago

I've been following oga83's thread about Pinball-Browser and it seems doable. My only problem right now is that the program is only compatible with PC's and I only have access to Macs. It may take time, but I'll post here if I get it working.

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from blueman01:

Sounds Awesome!!! Would love to give that code a spin.

this sounds fantastic now who has the ROM update? I need it please PM me if anyone gets it.

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Look what showed up today! My plans include installing LED's, silicone rings, cannon and inlane mods and adding the movie soundtrack with SmartDMD.
Delivery070715-1.jpg

I assume the seller and not the shipper packed it? its a really good job..

#179 8 years ago

That was all the shipper's doing - it was sent via STI. They do a really thorough job.

#180 8 years ago

i just happened by this on Ebay and thought it might make a great inexpensive Topper!

ebay.com link: itm

#181 8 years ago

nice topper shame I have no clearance.

#182 8 years ago

Yeah, it DID seem kind of tall. Maybe the swords can be adjusted to stick out more to the side. It just seemed cool and inexpensive...

3 weeks later
#183 8 years ago

Just joined the club!! ARRGGHHH

unnamed2.jpgunnamed2.jpg

unnamed22.jpgunnamed22.jpg

#184 8 years ago

welcome! mine sits next to tspp also

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

welcome! mine sits next to tspp also

Yes! Welcome, Matey! Mine *almost* sits next to TSPP.

#186 8 years ago

I recently re-lit my whole machine with custom LED's - rather than buy a kit, I figured out what was needed and bought individual bulbs. It saved me about $80, compared to Cointaker's kit. Here's a video of the conversion:

#187 8 years ago

Mine is adjacent to Tspp

image.jpgimage.jpg

#188 8 years ago

For me, playing POTC is like a "mindless break" after the "cerebral exercise" of TSPP. I so love having them both.

#189 8 years ago

I am a solid member of the POTC club. To me, POTC is a masterpiece of pinball game creation. A terrific theme combined with a different layout and an interesting variety in the objectives makes this a great game. Plus, I love a game where I actually might have a chance at getting to the final wizard mode. POTC is not easy but it is not downright impossible either. I think any pinball collection does well to have this game as it adds a unique and different experience. It is not as deep as say LOTR but there is some depth. There is a little wood chopping but not too bad. When people come over, POTC more than any other game is want they want to play ---> then when they sink the ship and defeat the Kracken and the "Yo-Ho Yo-Ho A Pirate's Life for Me" song plays, it delights to no end... Definitely in for a long term stay in my collection.

#190 8 years ago

SO it appears I have very old code on my game. Is it as straight forward as the manual makes it seem or do I need anything special?

#191 8 years ago

to update to the latest version is pretty easy. download the code from sterns site. put it on a thumb drive. follow the instructions. i would back up the old code on your thumb drive just in case. then follow the steps to installing ver. 6. when i got mine it had version 1.6 installed.

#192 8 years ago

#193 8 years ago

I'm just a so-so player but I can see it's possible to reach the wizard mode on this game. Just a matter of the Heart super jackpot and/or Davy Jones defeated. I hope to reach the wizard mode soon.

#194 8 years ago

I have defeated Davy Jones only a couple of times but heart super jackpot still eludes - but I agree I think it is possible....

#195 8 years ago

Without thinking much about it, I usually find that everything on the compass is lit except Davey Jones, Heart Super Jackpot and Jack the Monkey. Often, I can get two of those if I concentrate really hard and work on one objective at a time, but it's still a challenge to get all three - especially Jack the Monkey.

Once I make the "K" shot, the ball returns to the right flipper but you can't hit the scoop from the right, so I have to do a quick transfer. But it never has enough energy to get up the scoop, so the ball rolls back, gets caught in the slingshots and side lanes or I hit the chest instead and then time runs out and I have to start over. Infuriating.

It seems that pop bumper shots extend the time, though - is that correct? And there's no way to adjust settings to "easy" for Jack the Monkey. Any advice? The struggle is real, y'all.

#196 8 years ago

You can hit the Jack shot from the right flipper on my game but it has to be exactly on target - transferring the ball over wastes precious time during the count down - but there should be enough juice on the ball from a left flipper cradle hold to the Jack loop to make it around... Maybe your left flipper is weak? Anyway, from the right flipper it is a tight fit which rejects often but when you do hit it dead-on the ball flies around that loop and comes right back at you, then you see the point on the compass light up and it is just awesome... That's when I know I am having a good game. Just try to get the Jack started with 3 shots on it from the beginning of the game and when you have EB lit really go after it. Spend a few games just focused on figuring out how to "backhand" Jack from that right flipper - it will be time well spent.

#197 8 years ago

Just change to 5 ball!

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

It seems that pop bumper shots extend the time, though - is that correct? And there's no way to adjust settings to "easy" for Jack the Monkey. Any advice? The struggle is real, y'all.

Well as said above, you can hit the Jack shot from the right flipper, I don't do it a lot but I've seen my buddy do it. I don't seem to have a big problem with Jack over the other modes (Heart and Davy Jones)

I believe you can defeat the Jack shot best (correct me if I'm wrong) but the best when you are in a multi ball or better yet two MB such as Kraken + Tortuga

#199 8 years ago

I finally reached 4 Winds MB today for the first time! I didn't know what to expect, and didn't get very far with it (this time). Anyway...

Getting there was not easy, but I learned something. There were *two times* when I had *both* Heart MB and Davy Jones going at the same time. Thinking that would help me. But alas, both times, I failed to complete either one.

So, I then focused on Heart MB *only* and knocked that one out. *Then* got Davy Jones going and focused on that. So much for multitasking.

412M yesterday. 481M today. My best scores yet. This machine is so much fun!

#200 8 years ago

hey potc fans need some help went to update my game as i have done to many games many times, at the end of the update the game tells me to reboot, then it gets suck in reboot mode, and if i shut the game down it, won't even go into attrack mode and the screen is blank any thoughts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.