Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 76.
#1901 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

nope....playmobil

serieus??

#1902 5 years ago
20180813_175724 (resized).jpg20180813_175724 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1903 5 years ago

Topper reaching completion

20180821_144508 (resized).jpg20180821_144508 (resized).jpg20180821_144529 (resized).jpg20180821_144529 (resized).jpg
#1904 5 years ago

My favorite thread, love all the modding going on here. I am still busy with a big piece....is getting real nice

#1905 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Topper reaching completion
[quoted image][quoted image]

You need a Kraken

#1906 5 years ago

I know!!

1 week later
#1907 5 years ago

Unleash the Kraken!

15359038957931886664342 (resized).jpg15359038957931886664342 (resized).jpg
#1908 5 years ago
Quoted from Finisher604:

Just purchased our 1st Pin and happy we decided on POTC... People who say its to easy are mistaken. Its got its difficulties that's for sure its also a great family game as the kids 6 and 10 can get in on the action.

It’s not easy, I’ve got to the wizard mode once in 10 years.

#1910 5 years ago

Picked up an HUO Pirates a few weeks ago and did a full shop and added the airball protecter. My intention was to trade or sell it right away but I’m really liking it. My first game was a Black Rose and this feels like a more modern version. Does anybody else have wear in their shooter lane?

756C6E81-826E-413A-845F-1D4FE057F248 (resized).jpeg756C6E81-826E-413A-845F-1D4FE057F248 (resized).jpeg

#1911 5 years ago

Just picked up this mint condition huo POTC. We used to have one at the local pinball spot, unfortunately the owner sold it. Found this one local too

9D608A41-1E6D-4370-B580-6D5E09AFD4D4 (resized).jpeg9D608A41-1E6D-4370-B580-6D5E09AFD4D4 (resized).jpeg
#1912 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Just picked up this mint condition huo POTC. We used to have one at the local pinball spot, unfortunately the owner sold it. Found this one local too
[quoted image]

Very nice! It’s great to see this game without all the blue LEDs.

#1913 5 years ago

Pinsiders,
I will be selling a HUO machine in mint condition soon with some mods installed.

Ping me if interested, also I will post soon on pinside.

#1914 5 years ago

I think wear in the shooterlane is almost unavoidable. The black is always the first that is touched.

#1915 5 years ago

Yes had that too
I put i little piece of mylar in the gutter and added a protector to the side

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-4000-00
I think its even possible to buy a cliffy set for stern

#1916 5 years ago
Quoted from IceMaster:

Picked up an HUO Pirates a few weeks ago and did a full shop and added the airball protecter. My intention was to trade or sell it right away but I’m really liking it. My first game was a Black Rose and this feels like a more modern version. Does anybody else have wear in their shooter lane?
[quoted image]

We have a very similar lineup IceMaster... you have great taste!

#1917 5 years ago
Quoted from IceMaster:

[quoted image]

I don’t have any shooter lane wear not a bit had for 7 years before I decided to put a cliffy just in case, but these seem to have strong paint/clear coat. But I don’t have a ton of plays on the machine.

#1918 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

See if you can find an air ball protector if you don’t have already.

Great family pin. I’ve said before but great for novice players old or young because it’s got some easy shots like the ship and the compass which complete a lot of the goals but it’s also got the few odd challenges like Davie Jones and Heart Multiball and even Jack shot can be pesky.

There’s even the Kraken which seems easy enough but you have to make sure to collect it early because it gets harder as you go along and impossible to collect during Davie Jones mode.

#1919 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

See if you can find an air ball protector if you don’t have already.

Shamless plug.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maffewls-potc-airball-deflector-for-sneezeguard-removal

#1920 5 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

EXACTLY what I thought!!

#1921 5 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

To each his own, but I agree.

Quoted from IceMaster:

[quoted image]

No wear on mine either. Also, Pinball Life has that steel part that protects the (right side) black wood from balls sent to the shooting lane. I added that to my machine. PinGuard Ball Shooter Lane Kickout Protector Kit For Stern Machines https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2120 Product ID: BSLKPK

#1922 5 years ago

Good news, I got my opto problem fixed (broken pin). I also ordered the spinning disc protector from the Pinball Center. The disc decal on my machine was not worn out at all but I still ordered a new one. I'm sure the new one will outshine the one on the machine but if it's close, I might not have to go through the task of removing it whether it is hard or not to do.

#1923 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Good news, I got my opto problem fixed (broken pin). I also ordered the spinning disc protector from the Pinball Center. The disc decal on my machine was not worn out at all but I still ordered a new one. I'm sure the new one will outshine the one on the machine but if it's close, I might not have to go through the task of removing it whether it is hard or not to do.

Great! Nasty optos can give a lot of problems when faulty

The spinning disc protector saves your decal and also a lot less powder comming of the disc, love mine!
I swapped my decal for a new one and instantly placed a protector, real great enhancement!
See post 1501 how mine was
Scraped of what was left ,and removed glue with alcohol
So mutch cleaner now.

#1924 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Great! Nasty optos can give a lot of problems when faulty
The spinning disc protector saves your decal and also a lot less powder comming of the disc, love mine!
I swapped my decal for a new one and instantly placed a protector, real great enhancement!
See post 1501 how mine was
Scraped of what was left ,and removed glue with alcohol
So mutch cleaner now.

Thanks Jorro. I remember seeing that post before and will reference it when the disc arrives. No more white powder!. Is it easier to put the protector on the new decal first before putting them both on the spinner?

By the way, where can I find the Jack The Monkey toy that I see on some games and who has the best price for side mirror blades?

1 week later
#1925 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Thanks Jorro. I remember seeing that post before and will reference it when the disc arrives. No more white powder!. Is it easier to put the protector on the new decal first before putting them both on the spinner?
By the way, where can I find the Jack The Monkey toy that I see on some games and who has the best price for side mirror blades?

Yes its easiest that way, the monkey is from barbosa you can find the set on epay sometimes.
ebay.com link: Neca Pirates of the Caribbean Series 1 Captain Barbossa Figure New Box Opened

#1926 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Yes its easiest that way, the monkey is from Barbosa you can find the set on epay sometimes.
ebay.com link » Neca Pirates Of The Caribbean Series 1 Captain Barbossa Figure New Box Opened

I got the new spinner disc and protector installed. I had to use Goof Off though instead of Alcohol to get the residue off.

I found that monkey on eBay without Barbosa. To those that have the monkey in their game, how have you attached him around his sign?

#1927 5 years ago

the monkey is fixed with tape (we cal that double sided tape here). Since this guy weights nothing it will sit there nicely

#1928 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

I found that monkey on eBay without Barbosa.

I would appreciate a link to that!

#1929 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

I got the new spinner disc and protector installed. I had to use Goof Off though instead of Alcohol to get the residue off.
I found that monkey on eBay without Barbosa. To those that have the monkey in their game, how have you attached him around his sign?

Nice
Post some pics whe done!

1 week later
#1930 5 years ago

One month later... I order to print my "Rules" card! I would have liked to order another cards, but I have no time to design them.

I did some colours changes in print version because chome vinyl.
a6fc4c335c59d9b1a798ffb4338c84b9fee682ce.jpga6fc4c335c59d9b1a798ffb4338c84b9fee682ce.jpg

"Pirates of the Caribbean Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Pirates%20of%20the%20Caribbean%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20Rules%20print1.jpg

"Pirates of the Caribbean Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Pirates%20of%20the%20Caribbean%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20Rules%20print2.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean Custom Pinball Card Rules print1.JPGPirates of the Caribbean Custom Pinball Card Rules print1.JPGPirates of the Caribbean Custom Pinball Card Rules print2.JPGPirates of the Caribbean Custom Pinball Card Rules print2.JPG
*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

My custom design for "Rules Pinball Card" here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/39#post-4572995

Regards

#1931 5 years ago

Looking good Mikonos!!

#1932 5 years ago

Thanks, jorro!

I will try to design a Free Play Card and Crew card too.

Regards

#1933 5 years ago

How often should the CR2430 battery be changed

#1934 5 years ago

I heard some of this type of battery's last for 20 years in computers on the motherboard.
I personaly change coincells at least once in two years better safe then sorry why risk it for a couple of buks/ euros
But for official minimal lifespan i don't know

#1935 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

the monkey is fixed with tape (we cal that double sided tape here). Since this guy weights nothing it will sit there nicely

I super glued Jack to one of the arms of a small paper binder clip which I took off. The rounded part fits nicely under a screw with a washer. I saw one game where someone had Jack on a clear piece of plastic in that area. Would have to take another look to see where the piece was attached.

I'm in the market for another game. I have my eyes on Houdini but am still researching that one. I like the theme but am seeing all the post about how hard a game it is.

#1936 5 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

How often should the CR2430 battery be changed

I got my pirates "new in box" in 2016. Some guy had purchased 5 or 6 different pins and never set them up, they sat in storage for years. So my battery was 10 years old when I unboxed it, no issues and was still working fine... but at a few bucks, I replaced it. As a general rule, these types of batteries are going to last a lot longer (not leak) than AA batteries, but time will catch up.

If aren't sure how old the battery is, then play it safe and replace it, about the cheapest part you can buy for a pinball machine.

#1937 5 years ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

As a general rule, these types of batteries are going to last a lot longer (not leak) than AA batteries, but time will catch up.

Most manufacturers claim ten years. If you want to be extra-safe, replace the battery every five years.

#1938 5 years ago

Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers limited edition available for Pirates of the Caribbean, just 5 minutes to install! Pick these up on our Pinside store, or through our website:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01712-pirates-of-the-caribbean-lighted-magnetic-hinge-cover-yellow

pirates of the caribbean stern hinge cover text (resized).jpgpirates of the caribbean stern hinge cover text (resized).jpg

You can get these in any of the 8 available colors, however our yellow is a great theme match for this game!! Because this is the most common color we stock, we offer a discount of 10.00 for this color.

lighted_magnetic_hinge_covers_pinball_EL_panel_mod_ (resized).jpglighted_magnetic_hinge_covers_pinball_EL_panel_mod_ (resized).jpg

Many titles and designs available, check out our store and search by game!

lighted_magnetic_hinge_covers_pinball_EL_panel_mod_iron_maiden_guardians_of_the_galaxy_star_wars_aerosmith_pinball_mods (resizedlighted_magnetic_hinge_covers_pinball_EL_panel_mod_iron_maiden_guardians_of_the_galaxy_star_wars_aerosmith_pinball_mods (resized

If you can throw a magnet on a fridge, you'll be halfway done with the installation of this Mod! No permanent game changes, and easily followed written and video instructions provided. All hardware, power adapters, and everything needed for installation is provided. Our customer service is top notch in the industry.

twilight_zone_pinball_mod_lighted_magnetic_hinge_cover_EL_panel_LED_lighting_custom_pin_diy_repair (resized).jpgtwilight_zone_pinball_mod_lighted_magnetic_hinge_cover_EL_panel_LED_lighting_custom_pin_diy_repair (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1940 5 years ago

Listed under buy/sell/trade for Expo.
PASS the word.

Will get official ad up this weekend.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-chicago-pinball-expo-official-looking-for-trade-sell-thread/page/5#post-4637922

1C4746AD-B273-4988-B78E-254104104343 (resized).jpeg1C4746AD-B273-4988-B78E-254104104343 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1942 5 years ago

Just joined the club tonight by adding this pin to my small collection!! Love this game, has nice long play times. Way different than my Iron Man! Game was HOU and modded with just about everything you can by from color DMD to flipper fidelity speaker kit, cointaker back box mod, as well as custom LEDs on the cannons at the flippers that light light up as well as the cannons on the ship! They light up when you hit the ship, cool effect. Now all I have to add is the air ball protector, mirror blades, and new Titan rubbers, already ordered!

pirate (resized).jpgpirate (resized).jpgpirate 3jpg (resized).jpgpirate 3jpg (resized).jpgpirate2 (resized).jpgpirate2 (resized).jpg
#1943 5 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just joined the club tonight by adding this pin to my small collection!! Love this game, has nice long play times. Way different than my Iron Man! Game was HOU and modded with just about everything you can by from color DMD to flipper fidelity speaker kit, cointaker back box mod, as well as custom LEDs on the cannons at the flippers that light light up as well as the cannons on the ship! They light up when you hit the ship, cool effect. Now all I have to add is the air ball protector, mirror blades, and new Titan rubbers, already ordered!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, sounds like you have everything. I'm to pick mine up Monday. I already added it to my collection, Hope I don't jinx myself. Sounds like I my have a lot to add. Air Ball Protector, where does that go. You have a nice collection too.

#1944 5 years ago

I'll take that space shuttle if you need room for Dead Pool, Irom Maiden or The Beatles. Just saying

#1945 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Wow, sounds like you have everything. I'm to pick mine up Monday. I already added it to my collection, Hope I don't jinx myself. Sounds like I my have a lot to add. Air Ball Protector, where does that go. You have a nice collection too.

#1946 5 years ago

Spiderpin, Here is a link for the airball protector: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maffewls-potc-airball-deflector-for-sneezeguard-removal

It allows you to remove the big wall of plastic and add just a simple plastic sheet below the ramp. Then you can see the whole pin as it should have been. Already had a few airballs that landed on the ramps. Looking forward to spending more time on this cool pin.

With my little collection, Space Shuttle is still my favorite, love it. Found it with a perfect original play field that was clear coated and plastics, even the ramp was great, just had to get new backglass and some work on the motherboard. So no need to make room just yet.

#1947 5 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

color DMD to flipper fidelity speaker kit, cointaker back box mod, as well as custom LEDs on the cannons at the flippers that light light up as well as the cannons on the ship! They light up when you hit the ship, cool effect

Don't forget speaker panel and 3D key on backboard.

#1948 5 years ago

Thanks for the link. Enjoy the game. And the Shuttle too.

#1949 5 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

Don't forget speaker panel and 3D key on backboard.

Yes, you did a great job!!!! Really has just about everything!

#1950 5 years ago

Is this one of the most PITA games to rubber or no? I really don't want to take the entire ramp, and all the plastics under it... and then the other ramp, and spinner area out to replace all that rubber. Been there already on another example.. except trying to get to all the rubbers in the spinning disk area.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/39?hl=otrchief and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.