• I wish I were a Pirate 59 votes
    22%
  • I have no interest in Pirates 18 votes
    7%
  • I was a Pirate in the past but not at present. 32 votes
    12%

(263 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 529 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3F8F6250-7F89-4BFC-A331-510B3BEBCE64 (resized).jpeg
34738051-E7E9-4852-9083-60C06C14A76B (resized).jpeg
3A49C455-B236-44DD-8621-2909E5A15B1A (resized).jpeg
BB2FA250-3C91-423A-BE8A-70DF8BF0E398 (resized).jpeg
AC6BF11A-07BF-4BAC-9117-13560AAB23D7 (resized).jpeg
07DF6233-59CE-49A9-83FC-AB23A4C0F118 (resized).jpeg
E64C0B43-F05B-4D8C-8829-E6364CDF81A6 (resized).jpeg
73EF1E69-1673-41D1-AD54-2B71680EDE71 (resized).jpeg
A99F4DE0-84AF-4232-B1E6-E87244EAD1A8 (resized).jpeg
piratepin (resized).jpg
potc (resized).jpeg
fa740f3760c1e7cc46aa9b6a659878ce9b3294e7.jpeg (resized).jpg
DSC_2701 (resized).JPG
DSC_2693 (resized).JPG
20190416_222656 (resized).jpg
538C151E-7512-4693-AAE4-79625D2E1373 (resized).jpeg

There are 2114 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 43.
#1601 1 year ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

Hello
I have a Hard time to decide.
I have a really nice wh2o, as i can trade for a potc in nice condition?
Should i trade?

That is a hard trade...wh2o is a fantastic machibe. It is for me a goto machine. But trading my potc for that......I would really look to keep them both.
But if you really have to choose I would go for wh2o. Artwork, gameplay and layout win. Potc has a great theme and call outs. But more a stop and go play. While wh2o has more flow.

#1602 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Sorry to much for that machine...imho

I don't know how i the market around you, but in france, it's quite a good price...

#1603 1 year ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

I don't know how i the market around you, but in france, it's quite a good price...

all depends on state of components as mentioned earlyer.

If you're comfortabele with repairing tweaking and so on it's okay but if you need to hire someone to fix and adjust you have to count that up with parts.
all depends on state, but i say just go for it everything is fixable and you can easaly do yourself!
just let us know if you need help

#1604 1 year ago

I'll do fix if needed, i'll double check with the seller expansive parts
Will update you.
This one could go to my project
Www.deslumieresdanslesyeux.fr/en

Would be kids friendly

#1605 1 year ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

I'll do fix if needed, i'll double check with the seller expansive parts
Will update you.
This one could go to my project
http://Www.deslumieresdanslesyeux.fr/en
Would be kids friendly

Ok, i got additional videos. ship , chest and spinner are working without issue. I'll join the club

Does anyone have the french modified rom to get movie's musics ?

#1606 1 year ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Ok, i got additional videos. ship , chest and spinner are working without issue. I'll join the club
Does anyone have the french modified rom to get movie's musics ?

i think you can find the french code with sound on youtoube is s movie i believe

#1607 1 year ago

today got my back alley mods in!

P_20171218_170049 (resized).jpg

P_20171218_170334 (resized).jpg

P_20171218_170057 (resized).jpg

P_20171218_170103 (resized).jpg

#1608 1 year ago

i've put some black and silver in to match playfield coins
P_20171218_170223 (resized).jpg
P_20171218_170122 (resized).jpg

#1609 1 year ago
Quoted from jorro:

i think you can find the french code with sound on youtoube is s movie i believe

Got it on french board
Thanks

#1610 1 year ago

I just joined the club!

#1611 1 year ago

Pics or it didn’t happened.

Quoted from Bendit:

I just joined the club!

4E214E18-B7FC-444D-8A50-394CE06F2D7C (resized).jpeg

#1612 1 year ago

Fine, fine. I scored a HUO POTC with only 551 games on it. It was unpacked in a cozy basement, and stayed there until Saturday. It's a later revision too, board version "H" as opposed to "G" (with that nasty factory hack?).
So we're happy at my house.
What a fun game...

POTC Total Plays (resized).jpg

#1613 1 year ago
Quoted from jorro:

» YouTube video

How do you make the machine show the credits and sound the music like that??

#1614 1 year ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Fine, fine. I scored a HUO POTC with only 551 games on it. It was unpacked in a cozy basement, and stayed there until Saturday. It's a later revision too, board version "H" as opposed to "G" (with that nasty factory hack?).
So we're happy at my house.
What a fun game...

Nasty factory hack??

You do know that those audits can be reset. I find those low numbers hard to believe to be honest. I’ve reset mine in April to keep track of my own usage and I’m already at 732 plays. And it’s not like I’m using it daily or something.

#1615 1 year ago
Quoted from Koos:

Nasty factory hack??

Yes, look at the blue wiring on this picture. That's a REV G board.

Also, yes I know you can reset the audits.

I got the game from an older couple. I can tell from the playfield that it's low play. It's like a new game.

POTC factory hack (resized).jpg

#1616 1 year ago

Quick Question: What type of bulbs are used for the playfield inserts?

Typical #555 wedge all around?

I haven't looked yet. Thanks!

#1617 1 year ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Quick Question: What type of bulbs are used for the playfield inserts?

It's all #555, except for flashers, which are #89.

Michi.

#1618 1 year ago
Quoted from michi:

Thank you Sir!

#1619 1 year ago
Quoted from Koos:

How do you make the machine show the credits and sound the music like that??

open the coindoor an yell inside, joho joho a pirates live for me!

no just kidding its a code you enter with flippers, i will look it up for you

#1620 1 year ago

The game contains a secret credits sequence accessed by a special flipper button combination. You can activate it during attract mode with the following flipper button code where 7L means hit the left flipper button 7 times, 1R means hit the right flipper button once and B means hit both flipper buttons together:

B, 7L, 1R, 1L, 1R, 13L, 1R, 1R

from pinball news, somewhere naar the end of age.
Nice artikel btw.
https://www.pinballnews.com/games/potc/index7.html

#1621 1 year ago
Quoted from jorro:

The game contains a secret credits sequence accessed by a special flipper button combination. You can activate it during attract mode with the following flipper button code where 7L means hit the left flipper button 7 times, 1R means hit the right flipper button once and B means hit both flipper buttons together:
B, 7L, 1R, 1L, 1R, 13L, 1R, 1R
from pinball news, somewhere naar the end of age.
Nice artikel btw.
https://www.pinballnews.com/games/potc/index7.html

Keith Johnson is credited with the super wizard mode.

#1622 1 year ago
Quoted from michi:

Michi.

And then there's some weird tiny bulb inside the tournament button. Don't know if there's a LED equivalent of that one...

Guys, I have a pinball newbie question here: is there any wat to tighten up the rail in which the glass slides back and forth? When I got my machine it was quite tight and stayed in place when I remove the lockbar. Now it slides down automatically and makes it harder to remove and place the lockbar.

#1623 1 year ago

All,

Anyone using undercab lightening?

Love to see a video of POTC using these undercab lights (i.e. Rock Custom).

Tim

#1624 1 year ago

I did undercab lighting, just plain red. You see it when you walk up to the machine, it gives a nice glow. I made it myself. Off course you can order cab lighting which interacts with the game but I never notice that anyway when I play, it all eyes on the ball

#1625 1 year ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

All,
Anyone using undercab lightening?
Love to see a video of POTC using these undercab lights (i.e. Rock Custom).
Tim

Here you go...you can customize which color is tied to a flasher. Pretty reasonably priced.

https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-pinball-led-strip-undercabient-light-kit

#1626 1 year ago
Quoted from jorro:

today got my back alley mods in!

Where did you get the custom instruction cards from? They are more colorful and brighter than the set I got from Coin Taker which don't lay down flat (even after a bit of trimming).

#1627 1 year ago
Quoted from Koos:

And then there's some weird tiny bulb inside the tournament button. Don't know if there's a LED equivalent of that one...
Guys, I have a pinball newbie question here: is there any wat to tighten up the rail in which the glass slides back and forth? When I got my machine it was quite tight and stayed in place when I remove the lockbar. Now it slides down automatically and makes it harder to remove and place the lockbar.

Good question as I've had that also on other games and more recently on my POTC. I guess the glass being removed and inserted is bending and expanding the slot on the rail. I tried to slowly slide the glass down on my POTC but it didn't make a difference. The rail still expanded. I also think it's the inserting that is having the most effect on this happening.

#1628 1 year ago
Quoted from jbug:

My wife and I were at Disney in Florida. The gift shop at the ride, Pirates of the Caribbean has some good stuff there. I picked up a couple of things like the metal piece that you can put your name on one side and has a picture on the other as well as some items I put on a key chain. The jewels that come in the draw string bag turned out to be too big. I had planned on putting them around the chest. I will hunt down some smaller pieces.

good way to scratch the hell out of your door.

#1629 1 year ago
Quoted from potc1334:

Here is a better link for viewing a video of the mods to my machine. I really like the firing cannons by the flippers (hard to see in the video) which are controlled by pressing the flipper buttons and the cannons firing on the ship.
» YouTube video

where did the new sails come from on the ship?

#1630 1 year ago
Quoted from jbug:

Where did you get the custom instruction cards from? They are more colorful and brighter than the set I got from Coin Taker which don't lay down flat (even after a bit of trimming).

http://www.pinballcards.com/Search?submit_form=0&search=pirates

#1631 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

good way to scratch the hell out of your door.

?? Maybe the picture is deceiving but there is no danger of that.

#1633 1 year ago

Just bought My potc
Really nice condition. No wear at all.
The only thing is that the fluorescent light not working in the backboxen.
What should i look for?

15138810706851260854676 (resized).jpg
1513881096922967063233 (resized).jpg
15138811147451691899135 (resized).jpg

#1634 1 year ago

fluorescent light now working

#1635 1 year ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

Just bought My potc
Really nice condition. No wear at all.
The only thing is that the fluorescent light not working in the backboxen.
What should i look for?
I dont now much about Stern games

Replace the fluorescent light with a led backbox dimming kit from arcadeupkeep.

#1636 1 year ago

How does POTC sound with a pinnovators board? (for subwoofer or additional audio amplifier)

#1637 1 year ago

All,

New POTC member as of 12/21/17. Excited to play this game with the family.

Already have some mods coming in shortly:

1. LED Kit (Perry from Georgia)
2. Trough LED
3. Illuminated Color Changing Treasure Chest (Lermods)
4. POTC Guard (MAFFEWL pinside user)

I'm sure JJP's POTC will give some exciting mods to add as well in the months ahead.

Tim

#1638 1 year ago
Quoted from Bendit:

How does POTC sound with a pinnovators board? (for subwoofer or additional audio amplifier)

I’m just one person, but I tried out pinnovators board for my pins, found it to be NO better than just banana clip to the subwoofer terminal with speaker wire. I’d not waste any money on pinnovators boards.

#1639 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

where did the new sails come from on the ship?

After I rebuilt my machine, I had repaired the sail I had but wanted something better. After a few plays the sails broke. I decided to make these using some plastic for the masts and wood dowels and black string to hold the fabric sails. It's still light enough and small enough to do all the actions required for gameplay.

#1640 1 year ago
Quoted from potc1334:

I decided to make these using some plastic for the masts and wood dowels and black string to hold the fabric sails.

Pictures?

#1641 1 year ago

Here are pics of the sails. Also, I posted pics of the mods I did back in July in this forum.

20170629_201122 (resized).jpg

20170629_201129 (resized).jpg

#1642 1 year ago

potc1334 wow, that looks awesome,,, do they still fold without hitting anything?

#1643 1 year ago

Wow! That does look awesome. A video of the collapsing sails would be awesome! (if you have time).
Good job man. I love how you fastened the sails too. Very cool.

#1644 1 year ago

Hard to believe that POTC has been gone for 4 months. My other games became boring and thus, POTC is coming back in. Hopefully to stay this time.

#1645 1 year ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Hard to believe that POTC has been gone for 4 months. My other games became boring and thus, POTC is coming back in. Hopefully to stay this time.

Saw your other post. I had TF before. It is kind of fun but not a long term keeper.

Now I would give SW more time. When I play I am on the edge with each shot the whole time. Major excitement moving the multiplier and blasting Tie Fighters. Very different from any other game. And fast! Don't blink. It is so different it takes time to get used to. Take some time on it.

POTC is great though. LOTR and Acdc left out of my gameroom and pitates is still here. I like it a lot more than I thought I would. A friend played my POTC a few months ago and liked it and just got one himself. Just fun pinball.

#1646 1 year ago

HUGE thanks to Perry Dilbeck for installing my LED's and mods for POTC...

Plus, shout out to PINNYHEADHEAD for getting me hooked on POTC & Aero Pro.

IMG_2434 (resized).JPG
IMG_2437 (resized).JPG

#1647 1 year ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

HUGE thanks to Perry Dilbeck for installing my LED's and mods for POTC...
Plus, shout out to PINNYHEADHEAD for getting me hooked on POTC & Aero Pro.

What a good contrast Pirates is to AS. Each pin fits a different mood I am in when I go to play. Both have fantastic toys with ship and toy box. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

#1648 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

potc1334 wow, that looks awesome,,, do they still fold without hitting anything?

Thank you. Yes, they fold up without hitting anything. They are the same size as the old ones.

#1649 1 year ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Wow! That does look awesome. A video of the collapsing sails would be awesome! (if you have time).
Good job man. I love how you fastened the sails too. Very cool.

Thank you for the compliments. I will work on a video to post.

#1650 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Saw your other post. I had TF before. It is kind of fun but not a long term keeper.
Now I would give SW more time. When I play I am on the edge with each shot the whole time. Major excitement moving the multiplier and blasting Tie Fighters. Very different from any other game. And fast! Don't blink. It is so different it takes time to get used to. Take some time on it.
POTC is great though. LOTR and Acdc left out of my gameroom and pitates is still here. I like it a lot more than I thought I would. A friend played my POTC a few months ago and liked it and just got one himself. Just fun pinball.

POTC deal fell thru; but now I have an opportunity to get my restored AFM back for my SW LE so I am making that deal.
POTC will be missed but likely will come back in when a choice one becomes available and I have grown tired of something else.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 279.95
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bakersfield, CA
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 2114 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 43.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside