Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 76.
#1501 6 years ago

swapped my worn down compass decal with a new one with a protector on top.
finaly the iron ching ching kling and scraping balls gone!
Also put in some cilicone bands

P_20171029_122116 (resized).jpgP_20171029_122116 (resized).jpg
P_20171029_131650 (resized).jpgP_20171029_131650 (resized).jpg

#1502 6 years ago

Nice jorro where did you get the decal / protector

#1504 6 years ago

Did you remove the spinning disc to remove the last bits of the old decal and put on the new one?

#1505 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Did you remove the spinning disc to remove the last bits of the old decal and put on the new one?

I got the remnants of my old decal off without removing the disc. Once you have the plastic cover off, you can gradually peel off the original decal. I used some isopropyl alcohol to help things along. It takes patience. (I think it took me a little over half an hour to get all the bits off and remove all the remnants of glue.)

#1506 6 years ago

same here!

#1507 6 years ago

Subtle change to Back Alley creation canons. Flickering lights in them. I'm on a roll. Next; the ship and Kraken

IMG_5097 (resized).JPGIMG_5097 (resized).JPG

#1508 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Subtle change to Back Alley creation canons.

Looks good! I like the crossed swords on the flippers, too. Where are those from?

#1509 6 years ago

I’d like to get a discussion regarding how you owners play the game? Now that I have had mine 10 years I’ve seen most of it, except the wizard modes. I did reach 4 Winds mode finally, but I’m curious if you guys do anything different such as change the difficulty settings or play modes differently.

I’d like to concentrate more on stacking but I’d like to hear some advice usually I’ll just try to start Tortuga before or during the Kraken MB but I’ve never tried to super stack all the MB.

Is it better to play the MB modes separately or to try to stack everything together?

After I reached 4 Winds I looked at my settings and everything was set on easy or extra easy. I kept most of the settings there because it’s hard enough for me to reach 4 Winds. I also have 2 points based extra balls one at 125M and one at 250M (the second one is just out of reach).

One thing I tend to do while not like it’s for major points is that if Jack the monkey hurry up is running I’ll shoot for it because I just like hurry ups in general and also like the monkey ramp shot.

I’ve been shooting for the Super Skill more often too.

#1510 6 years ago

Subtle change to Back Alley creation canons. Flickering lights in them. I'm on a roll. Next; the ship and Kraken

Those look sweet! I use the Scared Stiff boney flippers.

#1511 6 years ago
Quoted from michi:

Looks good! I like the crossed swords on the flippers, too. Where are those from?

Bay Area amusement

#1512 6 years ago

Cheese_WizardPQ are those barrels from the seller that makes them for MM?

#1513 6 years ago

added some mirrors and a zizzle davy jones

P_20171031_192407 (resized).jpgP_20171031_192407 (resized).jpg

P_20171031_192400 (resized).jpgP_20171031_192400 (resized).jpg

#1514 6 years ago
Quoted from michi:

I put two layers of baking paper over the LEDs. Works well.

Is the baking paper transparent?

#1516 6 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Is the baking paper transparent?

Yes, I cut out two pieces of this kind of white baking paper. It's transparent enough to let light through and diffused it.

retail-baking-rolls-link (resized).jpgretail-baking-rolls-link (resized).jpg

#1517 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

cheese_wizardpq are those barrels from the seller that makes them for MM?

Look for pinsider yelobird. It was made for The Hobbit but they can be use on what you want. Honestly they look incredible in this game.

I took a shot on the ship canons. Easier Than I thought. Now the ship is shooting at us when we hit it.

Modding on this game is done!

IMG_5133 (resized).JPGIMG_5133 (resized).JPG

IMG_5134 (resized).JPGIMG_5134 (resized).JPG

#1518 6 years ago

Modding on this game is done!

Is it? I see a glaring omission...

#1519 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Is it? I see a glaring omission...

Which it is?
Their is a file line between not enough and too much..

#1520 6 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

How much was shipping to the states?

i think you can get a quote for shipping on their site,

I live in the country next to them, i don't know how mutch to usa

#1521 6 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

I'm from Canada and I ordered many times with them. Service is top and they ship fast.
But as you can imagine, ordering from another continent is a bit expensive.
For a 4.99 plastic protector you should search other options or start calling this 49.99$ exclusif mod

#1522 6 years ago

Which it is?
Their is a file line between not enough and too much..

I would say it's the best mod made for PotC... but I may be a little biased.

#1524 6 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

added some mirrors and a zizzle davy jones

Are these the gold mirror blades? If so, I have a set leftover from LoR. The gold looks funny on other games, but might be a killer on this one.

#1525 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I would say it's the best mod made for PotC... but I may be a little biased.

Haaaa...i understand!
Never had an airball on this game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1526 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Are these the gold mirror blades? If so, I have a set leftover from LoR. The gold looks funny on other games, but might be a killer on this one.

I would be interested in buying them from if the shipping costs weren't that high...

#1527 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Yes, I cut out two pieces of this kind of white baking paper. It's transparent enough to let light through and diffused it.

Thanks Koos.

Quoted from jorro:

Thanks. I couldn't find the USA on their list of ship to countries estimate list. I need to know their shipping cost to the states if they indeed ship here (which I can't imagine them not doing so). Also, their website has problems. When I tried to add the items to the cart, I got a pop-up that said they had been added but the number of items in the cart remained at zero. I tried other browsers with no difference. Would some one also check this out to see what they find. I'd really like to order those items as they are essential for the white powder from the spinning disc problem. I sent them an e-mail 2 days ago but have not received a reply.

#1528 6 years ago

Finally finished my own custom topper! I found a much easier way to make it interactive. It features a much needed mute button and It now triggers when the GI turns off during certain events like ship attack, chest and extra ball. And I think it looks nice stationary as well.

I'm very happy with the result! What do you guys think?

#1529 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Finally finished my own custom topper! I found a much easier way to make it interactive. It features a much needed mute button and It now triggers when the GI turns off during certain events like ship attack, chest and extra ball. And I think it looks nice stationary as well.
» YouTube video

Wait minute, I saw your hand back there moving the mouth.

#1530 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

» YouTube video

That's incredible. Good work

#1531 6 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Wait minute, I saw your hand back there moving the mouth.

???

No I didn’t!

#1532 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

???
No I didn’t!

Just kidding. You did a good job and it's good to see creativity here. It inspires others also.

#1533 6 years ago

aztec gold pops

P_20171104_111936 (resized).jpgP_20171104_111936 (resized).jpg

#1534 6 years ago

Rejoined the club today my second POTC, this one is practically new, now to spend a small fortune on mods.

3EA1266B-096F-4B1C-91EF-E8455AD2CB54 (resized).jpeg3EA1266B-096F-4B1C-91EF-E8455AD2CB54 (resized).jpeg

#1535 6 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

aztec gold pops

I made those with eyes cut out. Real nice.

20170703_001017 (resized).jpg20170703_001017 (resized).jpg

#1536 6 years ago

are those plastic or iron ?, mine are iron and seem to be bigger, real good idea!

#1537 6 years ago

Mine are the cheap gold necklace ones from eBay. They are metal

#1538 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Mine are the cheap gold necklace ones from eBay. They are metal

i win! aliexpres

Bit scared to drill them feels like fake iron or someting, gonna buy a good drillbit first

#1539 6 years ago

I took a Dremel with a graph pin. The metal is really soft.

#1540 6 years ago

Will try that thanks Peter!

#1541 6 years ago

worked, real easy. indeed kinda soft metal. look real nice when the red light shines trough.
Thanks for tip Peter!

P_20171105_134601 (resized).jpgP_20171105_134601 (resized).jpg

#1542 6 years ago

now yours look much better....

#1543 6 years ago

ill find you a link!

#1545 6 years ago

Had three goes at Davy Jones today in the same game and fluffed it every time. Not a bad score though.

78A21647-B518-440B-9A9C-CEC692EF776C.jpeg78A21647-B518-440B-9A9C-CEC692EF776C.jpeg

#1546 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone ever replace thier right main ramp that also goes to left inlane? I’m replacing it for a friend and wondered if there was anything in particular to watch out for. Thx

I replaced the ramp yesterday. It wasn’t too bad. You do have to unsolder the switch where you walk the plank so you can feed the wires into the new ramp. I also took the wire form vuk out with the old ramp. New ramp also doesn’t come with decals. Took me about 90 mins to do it, maybe a little more.

1 week later
#1547 6 years ago

today instaled a colordmd led screen, my original dmd had two lines so now to install the collor rom file

#1548 6 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

today instaled a colordmd led screen, my original dmd had two lines so now to install the collor rom file

Nice! I'm still wondering if it's worth the extra money. It's quite a hefty price for something that doesn't improve gameplay and something I don't look at that much while playing. Let me know what your thoughts are!

By the way LED or LCD? I've only seen LCD's in real life and the backlight annoyed me when looking at it from the sides. Also the brightness of the colored dots seemed way lower then a regular DMD. These issues seems to be solved with LED though.

#1549 6 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

I'd love to see a video when it's finished! I'm about to buy one too and am still deciding between the LCD or LED version.

#1550 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Nice! I'm still wondering if it's worth the extra money. It's quite a hefty price for something that doesn't improve gameplay and something I don't look at that much while playing. Let me know what your thoughts are!
By the way LED or LCD? I've only seen LCD's in real life and the backlight annoyed me when looking at it from the sides. Also the brightness of the colored dots seemed way lower then a regular DMD. These issues seems to be solved with LED though.

All my pins have Color DMD LCD x9 pins so it is expensive but I can’t go back to orange dots.

Potc I use Scan or Hi-Res mode looks good to me.

I’m not sure about the color led, might be good if you prefer dots.

It just depends on if you want to spend $420 extra. But to me it’s great, brings now life to an old pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
5,600 (Firm)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 218.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.