Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 76.
#1451 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Is there a skill shot on this game?

Yes. After launching the ball, you have a few seconds to shoot the left side lane behind the treasure stand-up target for three million. The yellow arrow in front of it flashes for the duration.

There is also a super duper skill shot. You need to short plunge and shoot the left side lane at just the right speed to make the ball shoot out of the top of the side lane and arc across the playfield to go into the right side lane behind the right treasure stand-up target. That shot is worth 13 million (3 + 10 million). I've managed to do that exactly once so far, by accident.

As a matter of strategy, neither skill shot is worth going for. Too dangerous. You are better off shooting the ball into Tortuga.

#1452 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is it confirmed that there is no theme music for the new jjpotc?

Sounds like you are looking for "the other" thread

#1453 6 years ago
Quoted from michi:

Yes. After launching the ball, you have a few seconds to shoot the left side lane behind the treasure stand-up target for three million. The yellow areaw in front of it flashes for the duration.
There is also a super duper skill shot. You need to short plunge and shoot the left side lane at just the right speed to make the ball shoot out of the top of the side lane and arc across the playfield to go into the right side lane behind the right treasure stand-up target. That shot is worth 13 million (3 + 10 million). I've managed to do that exactly once so far, by accident.
As a matter of strategy, neither skill shot is worth going for. Too dangerous. You are better off shooting the ball into Tortuga.

I've done Super-Duper skill shot at least a dozen times.

I have a 7-8 second ball save times there is not any danger. Once you get the hang of making the skill shot it will naturally go across to the other side probably 10-20% of the time.

#1454 6 years ago

Is there a skill shot on this game?

Yes, Short plunge, from the right flipper to left treasure lane. Super Duper skill shot 20 million.

#1455 6 years ago

Hey, I'm joining the club! Picked up a nice HUO last week and I'm getting help moving it upstairs to my game room today.
Can't wait to play it!

#1456 6 years ago

Welkom bij de club....Welcome to the club...

#1457 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Yes, Short plunge, from the right flipper to left treasure lane. Super Duper skill shot 20 million.

Actually super skill shot is 3M and super duper is 10M

This is not my video and unfortunately it does not show the actual gameplay.

#1458 6 years ago

It would be great to get a quick video of the super duper skill shot!

#1459 6 years ago

Ohhh that the left upper lane / special

#1460 6 years ago

We really need to figure out something about the chest's heart. It's so badly lighted that it doesn't even look like a heart. Samething for the letters.
I spoke with Dave from the Mod couple hoping they will add this mod to their next projects!
This feature need a better Wow factor!

#1461 6 years ago

Cheese_WizardPQ I could not agree more, i have been trying to figure out a way to open up the letters more some how

#1462 6 years ago

We really need to figure out something about the chest's heart. It's so badly lighted that it doesn't even look like a heart. Samething for the letters.
I spoke with Dave from the Mod couple hoping they will add this mod to their next projects!
This feature need a better Wow factor!

Quoted from Soulrider911:

cheese_wizardpq I could not agree more, i have been trying to figure out a way to open up the letters more some how

Lightly paint the underside of the plastic with white. Works brilliantly.

I posted a poorly made video of mine a few pages back, but here's the link:

#1463 6 years ago

WoW. YOU are brilliant!
What kind of paint did you use?

#1464 6 years ago

Dude maffewl awesome makes total sense to create more light bounce! I'm on it

#1465 6 years ago

Best way to start a game of pirates....

#1466 6 years ago

WoW. YOU are brilliant!
What kind of paint did you use?

Just regular ole white spray paint. I did it very lightly, then checked to see if I liked it. Only needed a few very light coats. It's easy to do too much, spray from a distance.

Quoted from PeterG:

» YouTube video

How do you go about doing this?

#1467 6 years ago

Take some photos please as you do it.

#1468 6 years ago

It helps a lot for the letters. Heart is still not lighted enough. It needs a stronger light IMO

IMG_5029 (resized).JPGIMG_5029 (resized).JPG

IMG_5030 (resized).JPGIMG_5030 (resized).JPG

IMG_5020 (resized).JPGIMG_5020 (resized).JPG

#1469 6 years ago

I put two layers of baking paper over the LEDs. Works well.

#1470 6 years ago
Quoted from michi:

I put two layers of baking paper over the LEDs. Works well.

Brilliant!

Quoted from PeterG:

» YouTube video

Nice! I thought changing the songs was complicated due to the exact length needed for the clips?

By the way, is your pincave open for visitors?

#1471 6 years ago

Yes my pincave is open for equally minded people.....But also see me at the DPO. I will be with the crew as I am organizing the event....

#1472 6 years ago

Real nice HUO Pirates available which is located just outside Pittsburgh. Check the market place if anyone is looking.

#1473 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Yes my pincave is open for equally minded people.....But also see me at the DPO. I will be with the crew as I am organizing the event....

Haha didn't know you were THE Peter!
https://www.facebook.com/nfvpinball/photos/a.699701263376927.1073741827.372298969450493/1824540060893036/?type=3&theater

Nice collection you have there! I'll make sure to greet you at DPO!

Ok back on-topic...

#1474 6 years ago

That me

#1475 6 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Real nice HUO Pirates available which is located just outside Pittsburgh. Check the market place if anyone is looking.

You posted this in a potc MEMBERS club? This desperate look isn't helping the sale imo. If I were looking for a potc, I would wonder why yours isn't selling and probably really low ball you.

#1476 6 years ago

Yellow and green starpost light added to the slings. Looks really good.

IMG_5032 (resized).JPGIMG_5032 (resized).JPG

IMG_5033 (resized).JPGIMG_5033 (resized).JPG

#1477 6 years ago

Has anyone installed a real knocker in their POTC? After Maffewl's airball protector and color DMD that's the third mod I'd like to have.

#1478 6 years ago

I put a more powerful led behind the heart's chest. It should be stock

IMG_5034 (resized).JPGIMG_5034 (resized).JPG

IMG_5038 (resized).JPGIMG_5038 (resized).JPG

IMG_5037 (resized).JPGIMG_5037 (resized).JPG

IMG_5041 (resized).JPGIMG_5041 (resized).JPG

#1480 6 years ago

ERRRR Pirate fight!! Fight! Fight!
))

#1481 6 years ago

ERRRR Pirate fight!! Fight! Fight!
))

Avast, ye scurvy dogs. Spare no quarter. Garrrrrrrrr !

#1482 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Avast, ye scurvy dogs. Spare no quarter. Garrrrrrrrr !

Hahaha. Dead on

#1483 6 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I posted in here in case people that didn't own one were perusing the thread.......kind of like you smart guy. Looks like you don't currently own one, unless your collection isn't up to date. Also, lowballing will get you nowhere. Lots of great information in this thread and if someone was thinking of buying one, they would probably try to find out as much as they can about the game they are buying. No better place to look than the members club discussing all aspects of the game.

I browse this thread because I just sold mine and still would like to help. You missed the point of my comment though and I’m not surprised given your attacks on others in your now 2 page for sale thread for similar comments.

Can’t blame you for trying to sell it, I just think you look desperate posting in here and bumping your thread multiple times a day.

#1485 6 years ago

It would be awesome if this stuff was handled thru p.m. instead of clogging up a specific game thread.

#1486 6 years ago

Bah. Give him a break. Any activity on a 10 years old game club is good. Stoptap makes me laugh

#1487 6 years ago

Bah. Give him a break. Any activity on a 10 years old game club is good. Stoptap makes me laugh

Yep, I'm done. Thought about it and who am I to police someone. Back to the pirates

#1488 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It would be awesome if this stuff was handled thru p.m. instead of clogging up a specific game thread.

Ye sold yer pirates. Be gone, ye scurvy dog!

#1489 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ye sold yer pirates. Be gone, ye scurvy dog!

LOL, but I still care

#1490 6 years ago

I'm in the BM66 club too but this club is more exciting. Everything is better starting with Gaarrrrrrr!!!

#1491 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

How do you go about doing this?

With Pinball Browser you can modify the Stern firmware before uploading it to your machine. You can also edit DMD animations and other default machines settings. Check this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

Be sure to alter your MP3 audio file to the proper rate and make them MONO. See: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tips-for-getting-sound-files-ready-for-pinball-browser

I did some fiddling around with this to change the music during gameplay. The "Jack Sparrow" song seemed nice from the first movie. But the MP3's need the exact same length as the original song otherwise they're not properly looped. I also notice that there are two main music songs. After playing the first for a few seconds the machines switches to the second. This makes it very hard to create proper alternate song files to replace the original ones.
There is another Pinside user who managed to pull this off but he doesn't want to supply the MP3 files for some (obvious?) reason.

Keep in mind that you'll loose your high scores upon updating your firmware! However you can enter your current high scores inside Pinball Browser so these get 'hard coded' into the firmware file.

Good luck!

#1492 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

There is another Pinside user who managed to pull this off but he doesn't want to supply the MP3 files for some (obvious?) reason.

What did he do? I just changed the main and end sequence. With an MP3 that is exact the same length (with Audicity).

#1493 6 years ago

Hi guys anyone a tip on where to find the walk the plank mod? the actual plank or is it diy?
P_20171026_120029 (resized).jpgP_20171026_120029 (resized).jpg
P_20171026_115806 (resized).jpgP_20171026_115806 (resized).jpg
P_20171026_121002 (resized).jpgP_20171026_121002 (resized).jpg

#1494 6 years ago

Where did you find the pistol for the left inlane ramp? It looks nice!

#1495 6 years ago

Plank is available at backalleycreations

#1496 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

What did he do? I just changed the main and end sequence. With an MP3 that is exact the same length (with Audicity).

I thought you only changed the song which is looped before the ball is plunged.
If you shorten a song for your main song during gameplay, you'll get a weird loop once you pass the time the original song ended.

Three years ago Pinsider tbanthony posted in this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-browser-for-stern-sam-games-what-have-you-done-with-it

Quoted from tbanthony:

The Pinball Browser portion is easy. Getting the size and timing of the sound snippets correct is slow work on POTC. As an example, the Request #33 sound snippet which is 39.149s automatically populates Request #34 using the same sound snippet but not the same length. #34 is 31.315 seconds. As it happens, #34 starts 7.843s into #33. So, at 7.843s, you don't want to be in awkward spot in the music or when request #34 plays, it will sound stupid.

#1497 6 years ago
Quoted from michi:

Where did you find the pistol for the left inlane ramp? It looks nice!

they belong to my captain teague statue that i had lying in my attick

18 inch captain teague with sound

#1498 6 years ago

The mod couple AKA Yelobird on pinside makes incredible barrel spot for The hobbit. I tried some on my potc. Wow. They are made for this game! Expensive but really really well made.

IMG_5052 (resized).JPGIMG_5052 (resized).JPG

IMG_5055 (resized).JPGIMG_5055 (resized).JPG

IMG_5054 (resized).JPGIMG_5054 (resized).JPG

IMG_5056 (resized).JPGIMG_5056 (resized).JPG

IMG_5057 (resized).JPGIMG_5057 (resized).JPG

IMG_5058 (resized).JPGIMG_5058 (resized).JPG

IMG_5059 (resized).JPGIMG_5059 (resized).JPG

IMG_5060 (resized).JPGIMG_5060 (resized).JPG

#1499 6 years ago

Tried the two layers of baking paper approach to the chest LEDs. Pleased with the result and it is obviously reversible. I can now read the HEART letters while playing.

38BBCBE7-D72A-4C24-B2C2-BB90D208FA57.jpeg38BBCBE7-D72A-4C24-B2C2-BB90D208FA57.jpeg
C436D178-2371-482A-8601-F722A0B67900.jpegC436D178-2371-482A-8601-F722A0B67900.jpeg
AACC0BA6-8969-4B32-B5D0-17CDEDEA09AE.jpegAACC0BA6-8969-4B32-B5D0-17CDEDEA09AE.jpeg

#1500 6 years ago

Yes I also did Michi's baking paper trick! Work's wonderfull!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
5,600 (Firm)
$ 218.00
$ 26.50
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Camanche, IA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.