Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 76.
#1151 7 years ago

I did not know beelzeboob had a Pirates. Goody gum!

#1152 7 years ago

Installed one of the Back Alley cannons in a different location instead of the outlanes. It is aimed right at the ship.

IMG_4657 (resized).JPGIMG_4657 (resized).JPG

IMG_4659 (resized).JPGIMG_4659 (resized).JPG

#1153 7 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Installed one of the Back Alley cannons in a different location instead of the outlanes. It is aimed right at the ship.

Nice! I like that one. Fits in without being intrusive.

Michi.

1 week later
#1154 7 years ago

Does anyone has the main ramp decal and sword fight decal in PDF so I can print my own. Otherwise I need to buy the whole decal set

#1155 7 years ago

Put a Titan lockbar receiver finisher on tonight

IMG_4697 (resized).JPGIMG_4697 (resized).JPG

#1156 7 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

I like to chrome mine, just love shiny things

#1157 6 years ago

Just finished the led makeover. Thanks to pinsider DaveD for the kit instructions. Next up is led backbox, undercab, and speaker lights.

20170423_124013 (resized).jpg20170423_124013 (resized).jpg

#1158 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Just finished the led makeover. Thanks to pinsider DaveD for the kit instructions. Next up is led backbox, undercab, and speaker lights.

Ugh.

#1160 6 years ago

I also joined the POTC club since a week now! This is also my first pin and I'm very happy with it!

I still stuck gameplay wise and am not even close to four winds multiball yet. It's probably a matter of keep practicing I guess...

I'm trying to practice my shots now, and it seems that I've nailed the chest shot from the right flipper now. BUT! It doesn't seem to register all the time!

Is this just part of the gameplay rules or might there be something wrong with my machine? The "key" opto registers all the time, so it even adds letters to "K-E-Y" when the balls doesn't fully go into the chest. But when the ball gets locked inside the chest, it doesn't open up a lot of the time. So I miss out a lot of letters from "H-E-A-R-T", even when I'm correctly shooting in the chest.

It looks to me that the chest only contains an opto and a "switch lock" switch. So I did some diags on those switches but they seem to register all the time when I press them.
It seems to me that if the "switch lock" switch wasn't registering register correctly, the pin to release the ball from the chest wouldn't be lowered as well?

Thanks for your help!

#1161 6 years ago

The chest isn't supposed to open every time you shoot it. Only when all three key lights are lit.

#1162 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

I also joined the POTC club since a week now! This is also my first pin and I'm very happy with it!
I still stuck gameplay wise and am not even close to four winds multiball yet. It's probably a matter of keep practicing I guess...
I'm trying to practice my shots now, and it seems that I've nailed the chest shot from the right flipper now. BUT! It doesn't seem to register all the time!
Is this just part of the gameplay rules or might there be something wrong with my machine? The "key" opto registers all the time, so it even adds letters to "K-E-Y" when the balls doesn't fully go into the chest. But when the ball gets locked inside the chest, it doesn't open up a lot of the time. So I miss out a lot of letters from "H-E-A-R-T", even when I'm correctly shooting in the chest.
It looks to me that the chest only contains an opto and a "switch lock" switch. So I did some diags on those switches but they seem to register all the time when I press them.
It seems to me that if the "switch lock" switch wasn't registering register correctly, the pin to release the ball from the chest wouldn't be lowered as well?
Thanks for your help!

Great game. If you need any help let me know. I am in the neighboorhood... in Son.
About the chest. Only when key is lit then the chest opens. It can be that the shot is to strong and bounces back. That happens. I guess it is about 90% a hit in the chest. If it is locked in the chest it will return via the lane on the right. The opto's on this seem to be prone to failure. Most of the time it is just the connection.

#1163 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Great game. If you need any help let me know. I am in the neighboorhood... in Son.

Thanks! Will keep that in mind!

Quoted from PeterG:

About the chest. Only when key is lit then the chest opens.

I know. Took the glass of and repeatedly put the ball inside the chest. First complete K-E-Y (works 100% = opto is fine) then wanting to complete H-E-A-R-T. But the chest only opens about 1 of 3/4 times. So it takes about 15-20 shots to start Heart Multiball instead of 6 shots.

Thought this was part of the code ("stick to the code!") but it appears there's something wrong with the chest switch.

Any tips on accessing it easily?

#1164 6 years ago

I think you can go to menu and set heart multiball difficulty. Maybe yours is set on hard?

#1165 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The chest isn't supposed to open every time you shoot it. Only when all three key lights are lit.

On your game, the chest opens and initiates heart multiball on the very first shot. Then gives you tortuga multiball just because it likes you. And sinks Davy Jones in case you still aren't happy enough.

Be sure to post those high scores, Yzfguy.

#1166 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

On your game, the chest opens and initiates heart multiball on the very first shot. Then gives you tortuga multiball just because it likes you. And sinks Davy Jones in case you still aren't happy enough.
Be sure to post those high scores, Yzfguy.

LoL... Pipe down, I'm actually trying to be helpful!

#1167 6 years ago

I've got a brand new potc large ramp. Going to Allentown Pinfest if anyone is interested just pm me.

#1168 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Thanks! Will keep that in mind!

I know. Took the glass of and repeatedly put the ball inside the chest. First complete K-E-Y (works 100% = opto is fine) then wanting to complete H-E-A-R-T. But the chest only opens about 1 of 3/4 times. So it takes about 15-20 shots to start Heart Multiball instead of 6 shots.
Thought this was part of the code ("stick to the code!") but it appears there's something wrong with the chest switch.
Any tips on accessing it easily?

Check switch #6 which is just above the playfield before the chest plunger. There should also be a gate to ensure the ball does not return via the chest but via the plunger going down.

#1169 6 years ago

Also if you did not do so already. Download the manual. Just google.

#1170 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Check switch #6 which is just above the playfield before the chest plunger.

I'll second that. Be sure to use a ball rolling into the chest to do this test. That is, don't just press the switch with your finger. This is a special "light actuation" micro-switch. Even with the right part number I had to try two switches to find one that worked... it's VERY sensitive.

#1171 6 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

I'll second that. Be sure to use a ball rolling into the chest to do this test. That is, don't just press the switch with your finger. This is a special "light actuation" micro-switch. Even with the right part number I had to try two switches to find one that worked... it's VERY sensitive.

I think I've solved the issue by bending the metal plate from this switch a bit.
When I slowly rolled the ball into the chest, in which it barely made the turn, the switch was pressed and depressed. This did trigger the pin to release he ball. But to trigger a chest (and lighting extra letters) this switch needs to be pressed longer.

Now that switch doesn't bounces the ball back up so it stays in pressed state.

Thanks for your help! Chest multiball is easier to accomplish now.

By the way my machine was on factory setting so chest difficulty was set on medium. I changed this to easy now and the only thing that has changed is that I don't have to re-spell K-E-Y again after I loose a ball.

#1172 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Here's the video. The airball happens around the 35-36 second mark. You can hear my wife react by saying "oh". This was taken right after I had shopped the machine and obviously had not yet created/installed the deflector as the big plastic can be seen. Sorry for the quality. It was taken on an old iPhone and compressed.
» YouTube video

Can you share some details about the LED's you used. This one looks tasteful and I mostly hate LED jobs on POTC.

I see some colored inserts? Also curious about which brightness. It's doesn't seem overly bright which a like with a theme like POTC.

Thanks!

#1173 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Can you share some details about the LED's you used. This one looks tasteful and I mostly hate LED jobs on POTC.
I see some colored inserts? Also curious about which brightness. It's doesn't seem overly bright which a like with a theme like POTC.
Thanks!

I'd be happy to share. Thanks for the kind words!

#1174 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

» YouTube video

Those looks nice. Never did led in the playfield. But I think when you do the superflux no ghosting ones you would be ok.

#1175 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

» YouTube video

Thanks for the effort of making this video!

My local pinball LED shop doesn't has Cyan and deep blue. Just regular blue. I guess I need to look for those online. I'll check out cometpinball!

I tried green LED's in the chest inserts but those were to bright. Yours seem also a different color of green. But maybe that's the video.
But where's the blue light coming from at the ship? Are those blue spotlights with sunlight white GI's on the playfield? Or Blue GI's on the playfield? Unfortunately the color changing is not easy to see on the video. Also the red strip of the chest is not visible.

And can you ship your airball deflector to The Netherlands as well? I'm curious what the shippings costs would be.

#1176 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

» YouTube video

Thanks for the effort of making this video by the way!

So sunlight white is warmer then warm white?

#1177 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Thanks for the effort of making this video by the way!
So sunlight white is warmer then warm white?

Sunlight is a little more "white" than warm white. Warm white is a little "yellower".

1 week later
#1178 6 years ago

Hey guys - I bought some target decals from PDI and would like to know if the plastic cover over the compass can be removed easily w/o removing the ramp over it or is it a major project? My game is really clean so no need for me to take it apart for a few decals but if it is not a huge deal I would like to get them on the 6 compass targets. I see I believe 6 screws holding that cover in but 2 are going through the ramp.

Thanks a lot!

#1179 6 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Hey guys - I bought some target decals from PDI and would like to know if the plastic cover over the compass can be removed easily w/o removing the ramp over it or is it a major project? My game is really clean so no need for me to take it apart for a few decals but if it is not a huge deal I would like to get them on the 6 compass targets. I see I believe 6 screws holding that cover in but 2 are going through the ramp.
Thanks a lot!

It's been a while, but I pit those on without removing the ramp. 100% sure. They are subtle, but worth putting in.

#1180 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's been a while, but I pit those on without removing the ramp. 100% sure. They are subtle, but worth putting in.

Thanks a lot!

#1181 6 years ago

So I bought a shiny new ramp. Any suggestions how to prevent the cracking near the gate that prevents the ball to return to the shooterlane. Best would be not attach that gate to the ramp but I see no other options to mount it to.

#1182 6 years ago

Here is my pirates with the backbox and undercab lighting I built. Also has flashers that interact with gameplay and an electrical mod to go dark when it should.

pirates leds (resized).jpgpirates leds (resized).jpg

#1183 6 years ago

Not sure where to begin with this one.....picked up a POTC this weekend and have been playing it regularly. Set some new high scores but whenever we enter our initials and hit end the music just blares at full volume until I open the door and hit the one of the volume buttons...then back to original volume setting. I'm OK with loud but this is bad....scares the crap out of ya. Any ideas?

#1184 6 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

Not sure where to begin with this one.....picked up a POTC this weekend and have been playing it regularly. Set some new high scores but whenever we enter our initials and hit end the music just blares at full volume until I open the door and hit the one of the volume buttons...then back to original volume setting. I'm OK with loud but this is bad....scares the crap out of ya. Any ideas?

Stop getting high scores

#1185 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Stop getting high scores

You did. That's why you're selling.

On a related note, I think I'm going to leave this club soon. Really no reason to stay once Yfzguy sells his machine. It just won't be cool to own one anymore.

#1186 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Stop getting high scores

LOL....guess that's one way to stop it....I was looking for something a bit more technical. I keep lookin' around for similar problems....

#1187 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You did. That's why you're selling.
On a related note, I think I'm going to leave this club soon. Really no reason to stay once Yfzguy sells his machine. It just won't be cool to own one anymore.

Not likely with that topper!

#1188 6 years ago

There are some awesome pop cap mods for Stern ST, IM, TRON, someone really needs to bring out a pop cap mod for POTC maybe 3 Aztec coins would look great, would there be any interest in this.??

#1189 6 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

FYI....updated the software and problem solved.

#1190 6 years ago

I have some problems with the ships sails. In the test mode they seem to go down correct. So the solenoid is working. Then in game it just is not working 100%. Most of the times the sails won't go down. The other solenoid that make the sails shake seems to work correct. Any ideas or suggestions to solve this issue?

#1191 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I have some problems with the ships sails. In the test mode they seem to go down correct. So the solenoid is working. Then in game it just is not working 100%. Most of the times the sails won't go down. The other solenoid that make the sails shake seems to work correct. Any ideas or suggestions to solve this issue?

Sounds like a mechanical problem then. I'd check whether there are any loose parts of the mechanism, missing washers, anything bent, etc. The ship is easy to remove. Lower the sails, unplug everything from the ship underneath the playfield, and undo the six screws that hold the mechanism in place. It'll drop right out.

Michi.

#1192 6 years ago

I got it all loose and removed. But I do not see anything bent or missing. I will take the mini solenoid apart and clean all. See if that helps.

#1193 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I got it all loose and removed. But I do not see anything bent or missing. I will take the mini solenoid apart and clean all. See if that helps.

Also check whether you have a dodgy connection somewhere. If there is a loose connector, you can end up with intermittent faults such as this. Cleaning the coil sleeve is always a good idea.

Michi.

#1194 6 years ago

I think it is mechanical. I changed the mini coil and checked in a second potc machine. So it must be something on the coil sleeve or mechanism. Although i do not see anything strange.

#1195 6 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Where are these game cards from?

#1196 6 years ago

I had the same issue with the small sails solenoid. I ended up re-soldering the wires to the leads. Mine ended up having an, oh so slightly, broken wire that would be connected most of the time, but become disconnected during a game. My suggestion would definitely be to re-solder the wires to the leads of the small solenoid while you have it apart. I have had 0 issues since. Note, it is a super pain to re-solder these as the wires are so tiny, but you will be happy you did.

#1197 6 years ago

You may also want to test the wires leading up to the small solenoid as they get bent up and may have become broken inside the sleeve. When I re-soldered mine, I used new wires so I didn't have to worry about it.

#1198 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I had this problem on mine, needed to re-lube the mech per the diagram in the manual

#1199 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I had the exact problem. Sails worked in test but not in the game. Thought it was mechanical for the longest time. Cleaned and lubed the whole mechanism. Ended up being a broken wire in the harness to the sail drop solenoid (the small one). In test mode, the ship is in a different position than when in the game when it drops the sails. The slight additional bend in the wire when in the game, caused a break in the wire. I just replaced them with new wires and its worked ever since.

#1200 6 years ago

So replaced the wire seems that the solenoid is ok. Lubed the whole system, ensured wires are not blocking the sails. I still need to test some more in game. Hope that it's ok

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/24?hl=michi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.