Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 76.
#1101 7 years ago

I have mine adjusted so both the chest and the ship go into the slings in an unpredictable way

#1102 7 years ago

My guess is that your friend's may be slightly off level. Usually the ball that returns (after being caught) from the ship goes to my right flipper. I noticed that when I moved some of my machines around this changed. I was wondering why because I only moved PotC down 1 spot in the pinball line, but it was enough to oh so slightly move the bubble. That led to the ball being returned to the bottom of the sling. It wasn't much of an off-level either, very small, but it was enough to change the balls trajectory. Of course, when I re-leveled, back to the flipper it came.

#1103 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

So what is the census of where the ball goes after it comes down from the pops or treasure chest form the right side? I played a few Pirates and hit the rubber at the top of the slings and creates kind of a "danger bounce" from that side, but played a friends game recently and the ball was coming down to the right flipper from that side. I liked that better for control and less randomness.
What goes on with your folks pins?

Mine hits the top of the sling and drops down to the flipper, very predictable.

#1104 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Mine hits the top of the sling and drops down to the flipper, very predictable.

To the left or right flipper?

Ok so it looks like Danger bounce rules.

#1105 7 years ago

Preview (resized).jpgPreview (resized).jpg

#1106 7 years ago

A Pinsider with some free time - that is rare?!

#1107 7 years ago

Direct on the right flipper, just in front of the sling. No bounce.

#1108 7 years ago

A Pinsider with some free time - that is rare?!

Ha. I bet you read that in a Kenny Loggins voice along the lines of...

Gonna take you riiiiight in-tooo tha daynja bounce.

#1109 7 years ago

To the left or right flipper?
Ok so it looks like Danger bounce rules.

right flipper 90% it'll do this, very safe.

#1110 7 years ago

Anyone ever taped or removed the top right gate so it's always open to improve flow? I did recently just to see what happens. The lower kicker now shoots it around to the right flipper rather than bouncing it around at the top. It would be interesting to have a diverter up there so it would do it that way part of the time.

1 week later
#1111 7 years ago

Does anyone know where i can get the sticker for the main ramp? Does anybody have that mai ramop incl decal for sale?

#1112 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Does anyone know where i can get the sticker for the main ramp? Does anybody have that mai ramop incl decal for sale?

I have not seen that decal anywhere and came up empty in my searches. If you do find it, can you please let us know?

Thanks,

Michi.

#1113 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Quoted from michi:

I have not seen that decal anywhere and came up empty in my searches. If you do find it, can you please let us know?
Thanks,
Michi.

I have a NOS decal set (providing that decal is in the box) I could potentially scan it for someone or get some made up if there is a little demand for them? Wouldn't be looking to make anything from it simply the more people that need it the cheaper I can probably get the printers to do it unless a scan would do?

#1114 7 years ago

I see that it is part of the decal set - not cheap but I need to buy that anyway for other parts. I go try that first. If not succesful, I think a scan will do. But I will let you know. Thanks for the help.

#1115 7 years ago

Other question. The jack the monkey light is attached to the plastic witha rivet. Now I know a normal rivet but that has a hole in the middle. What kind of tool or technique is used to get this kind of rivet. The same is used for the ramp flaps.

#1116 7 years ago

I got a fluke great shot today, short plunge - Backhand Jack - Super Skill Shot - Super Duper Skill Shot.

Wish I could have got that on video

#1117 7 years ago

So I finally get to battle Davy Jones and...
...my auto fire stops working. *sigh*
Don't know what that's about...if anyone has any ideas, clue me in.

Added over 7 years ago: EDIT: Found the problem and fixed it. Busted plastic on the plunger!

#1118 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I got a fluke great shot today, short plunge - Backhand Jack - Super Skill Shot - Super Duper Skill Shot.

Congratulations, that's one of those pinball memories you'll tell your grandchildren about

I've never gotten the super duper skill shot (and I never try for it because it invites an instant drain; the risk-reward equation doesn't stack up, IMO).

Michi.

#1119 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Wish I could have got that on video

Which one is that again? I have done one skill shot where I shortplunged and hit the short mini loop on the left and the ball flew over to the other mini loop on the right and came down from the top through that one for 10 million. Is that it?

I did it once or twice though.

#1120 7 years ago

Anyone have a pinball browser bin file for pirates? Please private message me if you do. Or a Dropbox with the sounds and a macro file. Thanks!

#1121 7 years ago

Which one is that again? I have done one skill shot where I shortplunged and hit the short mini loop on the left and the ball flew over to the other mini loop on the right and came down from the top through that one for 10 million. Is that it?

That's it.

I don't worry about drain because of ball save timer. It's only available for a few seconds at the start of each ball.

#1122 7 years ago

I got stuck in Davy Jones pergatory today needed to play him 4-5 times but never defeated.

I never defeatd Kraken early and when I was at DJ still needing K, shots to Kraken didn't do anything to the health meter. Does Kraken get a lot harder to defeat later in the game?

I put up second high score.
IMG_2887 (resized).JPGIMG_2887 (resized).JPG

#1123 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I never defeatd Kraken early and when I was at DJ still needing K, shots to Kraken didn't do anything to the health meter. Does Kraken get a lot harder to defeat later in the game?

If you are in DJ and haven't defeated the kraken yet, you have to defeat DJ first because, during DJ, the kraken is invincible. I believe you cannot kill the kraken even after you have defeated DJ. (I'd have to verify that with the glass off.)

Once DJ is dead and you are down to one ball, all the ships reset and you start with the first one again. The second time round, the first ship takes 8 (or 10?) hits. Then you can battle the kraken again.

Michi.

#1124 7 years ago

Just a bump to say that I have a few airball deflectors (for sneezeguard removal) left. Please PM me if interested. More info can be found at my topic here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maffewls-potc-airball-deflector-for-sneezeguard-removal

#1125 7 years ago
Quoted from michi:

If you are in DJ and haven't defeated the kraken yet, you have to defeat DJ first because, during DJ, the kraken is invincible. I believe you cannot kill the kraken even after you have defeated DJ. (I'd have to verify that with the glass off.)
Once DJ is dead and you are down to one ball, all the ships reset and you start with the first one again. The second time round, the first ship takes 8 (or 10?) hits. Then you can battle the kraken again.
Michi.

Thanks, good to know.

Does Heart SJ get harder the second time around?

#1126 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks, good to know.
Does Heart SJ get harder the second time around?

No. I just tried with the glass off (factory settings). After starting Heart MB, you need four more hits to get the super jackpot. On the second Heart MB, it's the same four hits again. The factory settings have Heart MB difficulty at "Medium" (which is as high as it gets). The only other setting that could influence this is the Chest difficulty setting. I tried with that set to "Hard", but it's still the same four hits to get the SJ after starting Heart MB, whether it's the first time around or the second time.

Michi.

#1127 7 years ago

Hey guys, joined the club with a POTC - which is actually my first pin! I've had it for a couple weeks now and am having a blast with both playing and repairing/improving the machine. So far, I've done a complete LED conversion, rebuilt all 3 pop bumpers and installed a couple of mods with flipper buttons and pop caps. I'm not that good yet, with a high score of less than 50M at this point... I've read through this entire thread to get some ideas/inspiration as I go forward - what a great community and thank you all!

I do have one question I'm hoping someone could give me some direction on... In the past 2 days, my left sling has started to randomly not work. I've cleaned the two switches and made sure they were adjusted, and I've run switch and coil tests. When running the coil test, the coil ALWAYS fires, and as I said in-game it'll fire maybe 50% of the time. So, before I start taking things apart and throwing parts at it, can one of you guys give me an idea of what I should be looking for first? I'm thinking it may be a bad coil, but wanted to get some input from you guys.

Thanks and excited to be part of the club!

IMG_6326 (resized).JPGIMG_6326 (resized).JPG

#1128 7 years ago

You said you adjusted the switches and tested them, but how did you test them? In test mode with the rubber on, roll a ball to the sling at varying speeds and see if the switches both register. If they don't register consistently, the gaps on the leaf switches need further adjusting.

#1129 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You said you adjusted the switches and tested them, but how did you test them? In test mode with the rubber on, roll a ball to the sling at varying speeds and see if the switches both register. If they don't register consistently, the gaps on the leaf switches need further adjusting.

Thanks for the input! I just tested the switches that way and had intermittent success. It had nothing to do with force/speed the ball hit the switches - so I pulled the playfield up and just moving the wires around a bit got the switch working more consistently. Sounds like I need to re-solder them all? Or something else? Or should I just replace the two switches?

#1130 7 years ago

Sounds like your leaf switches need cleaning and better adjustment.. Could be a loose wire too.

#1131 7 years ago

I just let loose of my POTC. On to another home.... Was nice havin ya.

#1132 7 years ago

Added some spotlights today to brighten up the middle of the play field. Also, had wire forms powdered in black by Back Alley.

IMG_4630 (resized).JPGIMG_4630 (resized).JPG

IMG_4631 (resized).JPGIMG_4631 (resized).JPG

IMG_4633 (resized).JPGIMG_4633 (resized).JPG

IMG_4635 (resized).JPGIMG_4635 (resized).JPG

#1133 7 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Hmmm thumbs up or thumbs down?

#1134 7 years ago

Just finished modn this beast.

20170302_171753.jpg20170302_171753.jpg

20170401_192644.jpg20170401_192644.jpg

20170328_130803.jpg20170328_130803.jpg

#1135 7 years ago

What is that popbumper for on the right sling?

#1136 7 years ago

Its a light up globe.

#1137 7 years ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

Just finished modn this beast.

#1138 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sounds like your leaf switches need cleaning and better adjustment.. Could be a loose wire too.

Thanks - I cleaned the leaf switches but am still having intermittent issues. I'm thinking it's a wire - will have to get in there and test it out, and will report back once I've had a chance to do that.

PS - I purchased and installed Maffewls PotC airball deflector mod - and it is OUTSTANDING. Highly recommend!

#1139 7 years ago

Just was looking at my collection history said I've owned PotC for 3500 days now.

#1140 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just was looking at my collection history said I've owned PotC for 3500 days now.

Did you buy it NIB? How much was it back then?

#1141 7 years ago

Did you buy it NIB? How much was it back then?

I bought it from a retail seller. I was not aware of NIB shipped to my door sales back then, it was new but had been set up in the store for a short time. At that time I could have got either LOTR or PotC new but I liked PotC better for some reason (couldn't understand the rules of LOTR like I do now).

I can't recall the actual price but probably in the neighborhood of $3900 iirc but included delivery and set up.

#1142 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I bought it from a retail seller. I was not aware of NIB shipped to my door sales back then, it was new but had been set up in the store for a short time. At that time I could have got either LOTR or PotC new but I liked PotC better for some reason (couldn't understand the rules of LOTR like I do now).
I can't recall the actual price but probably in the neighborhood of $3900 iirc but included delivery and set up.

Funny that $3900 was probably on the high side and included delivery.

#1143 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So I finally get to battle Davy Jones and...
...my auto fire stops working. *sigh*
Don't know what that's about...if anyone has any ideas, clue me in.

lift up playfield, little blue plastic piece prob broken on plunger and coil

#1144 7 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Hmmm thumbs up or thumbs down?

Yeah, hard to say. Sad to see her go, but the money is going toward our bucket list trip to Alaska!

#1145 7 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

This! I keep an extra of that plunger with the blue piece, mine has broken once already.

#1146 7 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Yeah...I figured that out 10 minutes after posting. Sorry I didn't update, and thanks for the FYI!

#1147 7 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

This! I keep an extra of that plunger with the blue piece, mine has broken once already.

Ordered a second one when I got the replacement.

#1148 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ordered a second one when I got the replacement.

Good. Can I have it when mine breaks?

#1149 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Good. Can I have it when mine breaks?

First you don't donate to Schlockdoc's fundraiser. Then you want free pinball parts. What a Richard Head.

#1150 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

First you don't donate to Schlockdoc's fundraiser. Then you want free pinball parts. What a Richard Head.

So, that's a "yes"?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.