Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 76.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from unionrunner:

Sorry for the delay in responding! I hope this picture helps. The amount of plastic above the ship shot I removed was minimal, so that even at its narrowest point it is still atleast an inch wide.

IMG_2050.JPG 303 KB

Thanks.

I guess you need to remove the plastic piece to work on it?

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks.
I guess you need to remove the plastic piece to work on it?

Actually, no. Just worked slowly with a mini-vac in place to inhale all the shavings as I went.

2 months later
#53 9 years ago

I'm in the club folks as of yesterday! Beautiful 2-owner huo potc.

Question; is the common design of the pin from the heart chest shot to send the ball down the right loop and hit the top of the slinger almost causing a left outlane drain? Besides that, the game is great!

#54 9 years ago

I wanted to love this game so much like I did the first movie but in the end hated it just like the last three boring movies.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question; is the common design of the pin from the heart chest shot to send the ball down the right loop and hit the top of the slinger almost causing a left outlane drain? Besides that, the game is great!

If you don't nudge the game, the ball will hit the sling as it returns from a chest release or compass release. So, yes, that's normal.

#56 9 years ago

Have had mine nearly a year. Been shopped and playing sweet for about 7 months. High score on factory was 465 mil. I recently removed the outlane posts, turned off extra balls and ball save and also put the chest on the hard setting. High after that is nearly 200 mil, but not quite. I have almost made it to Four Winds once since the change. Compass was nearly complete and I was battling Davy Jones on ball 3, but couldn't pull it off.

#57 9 years ago

I'm enjoying how different the layout is. It's not just your standard fan layout. May not have the best flow but that can be refreshing with so many fan flow pins out there now days.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Have had mine nearly a year. Been shopped and playing sweet for about 7 months. High score on factory was 465 mil. I recently removed the outlane posts, turned off extra balls and ball save and also put the chest on the hard setting. High after that is nearly 200 mil, but not quite. I have almost made it to Four Winds once since the change. Compass was nearly complete and I was battling Davy Jones on ball 3, but couldn't pull it off.

Nice! I've only had mine a couple days and the outlanes are pulled in. I can tell I'm gonna want those opened up, will probably do that tonight. How do you light the special for the east wind?

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I'm enjoying how different the layout is. It's not just your standard fan layout. May not have the best flow but that can be refreshing with so many fan flow pins out there now days.

Agreed!
Slow flow but fast stop n go.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Yes, my other games are more or less similar layouts 3 Ritchie and 3 Borg so it's nice to have a much different game. I suppose I should branch out with other layouts (I miss my TZ).

One area I enjoy is the Jack ramp. There may be other games with similar close ramps, but I don't know which ones.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My game always sends the ball to the top of the sling and then to the right flipper. Never outlane. Probably individual variance or maybe a level issue.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My game always sends the ball to the top of the sling and then to the right flipper. Never outlane. Probably individual variance or maybe a level issue.

Same here, I would check level and angle first, probably off a little.

#62 9 years ago

The angles on this game are absolutely GORGEOUS. Has anyone gotten a shot from the left or right treasure 'loop' to float across into the other one? Its flipping mind boggling when it does it, I literally jumped up and down when it happened for me.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

The angles on this game are absolutely GORGEOUS. Has anyone gotten a shot from the left or right treasure 'loop' to float across into the other one? Its flipping mind boggling when it does it, I literally jumped up and down when it happened for me.

Got it once.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just joined the club as well!

Whats this cannon mod that lights? Where can I get it or any other recommended fun add ons>
Thanks

#65 9 years ago

Arg mates.....More RUM!

#66 9 years ago

Always!

#67 9 years ago

Had the game for a month now and I love it. The kids love it as well.

I need a 3d printer, I want a castle to put over the red lights in the back. Something with windows that will light up (on fire) when hit. The row of lights is boring.

#68 9 years ago

Ahoy Mates!

I just saw this club. Very Cool. I LOVE all the pics of the mods. WOW.

I want to tell you about something I think is very cool about this game. There is a Hidden Mickey on it. Maybe this is old news and or not interesting but I am a huge fan of Hidden Mickeys:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_Mickey

Anyway, if you didn't already know, there is one on Pirates.

If you want go look for it stop reading this.

Or just scroll down

You can see it here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/pirates-of-the-caribbean/gallery

On the first promotional picture (picture #11). The picture of a brochure. The top view of the whole playfield with feature call outs on the left and right.

Keep scrolling if you want the answer

OK in the coin pile below the shoot again light. Mickey is three dark coins. The "base" of the Hidden Mickey touches the shoot again insert and the ears are down to the right.

I hope you think its as neat as I do.

Enjoy -

- Dwight

Post edited by moderator: please dont put a bunch of space in posts

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

I have done it a few times....last weekend I was showing a friend the game and pointed out that skill shot. My first launch I did it....seemwd like I knew what I was doing

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have done it a few times....last weekend I was showing a friend the game and pointed out that skill shot. My first launch I did it....seemwd like I knew what I was doing

It's an awesome thing and 10 mil to boot. Super secret skill shot, I think. Too dangerous to aim for in a tourney setting, but cool at home.

#71 9 years ago

Just install a green XPIN display. Think it looks incredible for this machine. Any thoughts ?

IMGP0599.JPGIMGP0599.JPG

#72 9 years ago

Green looks eerie cool

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Just joined the club as well!
Whats this cannon mod that lights? Where can I get it or any other recommended fun add ons>
Thanks

Two to choose from havent heard about one that lights up.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2488

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2489

#74 9 years ago

Cannon mod often refers to the leds in the cannons on the side of the ship. They light up when you hit the ship and make it look like shots are being fired back at you.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Cannon mod often refers to the leds in the cannons on the side of the ship. They light up when you hit the ship and make it look like shots are being fired back at you.

Do I add them?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 9 years ago

Hell yes. They are awesome. A little tedious to install, but worth it!

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Hell yes. They are awesome. A little tedious to install, but worth it!

Cool. Where are they sold from?

Thanks!!

#78 9 years ago

user "weirpinball" sells them. crazy cheap and adds a lot.

#79 9 years ago

I must suck at pinball because I haven't made it to 4 winds yet and I've owned this pin for 8 years

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

user "weirpinball" sells them. crazy cheap and adds a lot.

Rats, look like they've sold out.

#81 9 years ago

How do you light the east wind (light special)?

Also, how do the heart rules, heart mb, and heart super JP work?

Thanks in advance!

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks in advance!

I believe special is lit at a point threshold or from the mystery (liars dice). As for Heart, you have to shoot the chest to spell heart (after you have the key) and that lights heart MB, then shoot it to spell heart again to obtain the Super JP. Not very imaginative. Would be more challenging if you had to relight in between jackpots by shooting another shot or something.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks in advance!

Pretty good run down of the rules here:

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/potc/index7.html

#84 9 years ago

Wow just wow. Played all afternoon . This is one of my favorites of all time!

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Wow just wow. Played all afternoon . This is one of my favorites of all time!

It's definitely a fun pin, with great music, and the fake actor's do a pretty good job!

But...come back here in 3-4 months and see if it's still one of your favorites of all time.

#86 9 years ago

Hello Folks, I picked up a POTC yesterday with a AFM Shaker Motor -> http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-19169-AFM . It doesn't appear the system menu has the option to make any adjustments or turn it off?

thanks

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Hello Folks, I picked up a POTC yesterday with a AFM Shaker Motor -> http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-19169-AFM . It doesn't appear the system menu has the option to make any adjustments or turn it off?
thanks

POTC doesn't natively support a shaker. You have to disconnect it to turn it off. It is simply firing when the appropriate flasher fires.

#88 9 years ago

You could disconnect it and send it to me

#89 9 years ago

treborlicec, thanks for the quick reply, i really appreciate it.

yzfguy, I have someone local whose going to disconnect it with me and buy it tomorrow. sorry..

#90 9 years ago

Just joined the club last weekend! Cleaned it up and fixed the 16 technician errors DOH! Looks and plays great now!

Lets see some pictures of painted treasure chests along with paints used and procedure used!

#91 9 years ago

Just to let everyone know I am going to be colorizing the display for POTC for PinballMikeD and the SmartDMD platform. Not really sure how long it will take to finish it I will get it done.

#92 9 years ago

^^^^^ THIS! PLEASE HURRY! ^^^^^^

#93 9 years ago

So what's the process to install and get a shaker working on a potc not coded for it?

#94 9 years ago

I just learned something new the other day about POTC... i went by a local friends house who owns a POTC and the center of the compass was red instead of white like everyone I have ever seen. Evidently Stern made about 15 or so (first 15) that had the red insert in the center of the compass with the skull and crossbones. Disney said it was too sinister looking so they changed it to white. It would be pretty cool to have the red insert from the first couple off the line.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Rats, look like they've sold out.

Since he has recently purchased the game again, I believe he is making more. I will confirm with him when I see him next as we are in the same pinball league.

#96 9 years ago

There is touch-up work on the coin door on the left side where it says Start. I see that the art on the cabinet was screen printed so decals don't exist. I'm just wondering if anyone has done something creative like take a digital picture and print to a color vinyl printer? Ideally I'd want to create a patch and not reproduce the entire front side of cabinet.

#97 9 years ago

First try/pass... constructive criticism is welcome but I like the way its going.

Kracken_1.pngKracken_1.png
#98 9 years ago

woah...

#99 9 years ago

I've had my POTC for a couple months now and it's sure one heck of an awesome pin. At first I thought it was a little slow which was due to playing your typical right ramp left ramp games so much. However, after a while I learned to appreciate the games layout and now enjoy playing it all as it's different then anything else in my collection.

I ended up buying a POTC after dropping out of my Hobbit pre-order due to Smaug not interacting with the ball and not being a fan of so many drop targets. I find the ship in POTC to be one of the most interactive toys in pinball. The compass toy and chest toy are also cool with both interacting with the ball.

Oh, I did install a Flipper Fidelity speaker kit with 10" sub on my game. I can definitely tell a noticeable difference in clarity and of course bass response in the game.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

First try/pass... constructive criticism is welcome but I like the way its going.

Kracken_1.png 17 KB

Looking good!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Camanche, IA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
5,600 (Firm)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 218.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 3,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.