• I wish I were a Pirate 60 votes
    23%
  • I have no interest in Pirates 18 votes
    7%
  • I was a Pirate in the past but not at present. 32 votes
    12%

(261 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 518 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fa740f3760c1e7cc46aa9b6a659878ce9b3294e7.jpeg (resized).jpg
DSC_2701 (resized).JPG
DSC_2693 (resized).JPG
20190416_222656 (resized).jpg
538C151E-7512-4693-AAE4-79625D2E1373 (resized).jpeg
DB2D7DEF-5DE8-4EFE-8A2B-6183FF456D87 (resized).jpeg
9D23A815-E036-4E84-8692-E7258EA2C223.jpeg
2DC55E89-197A-4632-B088-0CDF6C5E3702.jpeg
00B04A2A-6015-4459-8548-45C47818F546.jpeg
F4A2A4C0-0724-4A33-8099-EC72AB1C4DC8.jpeg
7B5DFC68-684C-4EAB-ADC4-289B88C5A698.jpeg
BCA69828-AC7E-4AA8-9943-F550996BBDAC.jpeg
5063972D-51DA-4AEA-BCAC-C9C917026D7E.jpeg
1CCF55AF-CC82-4910-BCFF-E802D7914A30.jpeg
6122105F-2500-4DAF-91DA-D17DF8B6B150.jpeg
BBD15423-FC42-4255-800C-FA16E82B7AA7.jpeg

There are 2077 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 42.
#801 2 years ago

Agree, check the sail solenoid and/or wire leading up to it. The wire flexes a lot and eventually breaks somewhere along the line. Usually there is no visual evidence that the wire is broken. My sails would work in solenoid test but not during game as the ship is slightly moved when the sails sink during the ship sinking event. Sometimes the wire makes connection with the wire flexed in certain positions, not others.

#802 2 years ago

Hi. If any of your buddies are looking or you don't have one yet but like to check out this thread.

Archived after 3 days
Not sold
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “HUO POTC that I just picked up six months ago. Two things up front-cab has touch up by start button and a ramp screw broke in post. It has the great, unique, and impossible to obta...”
2016-10-08
Morristown , NJ
5,500 (OBO)

#803 2 years ago

Hey everyone, I just wanted to send a note that I have made more Airball Deflectors if anyone is interested. Thanks!

#804 2 years ago

new price since something has caught my eye

Archived after 1 day
Not sold: Decided to keep game
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “HUO POTC that I just picked up six months ago. Two things right up front-cab has touch up by start button and a ramp screw broke in post. It has the great, unique, and impossible t...”
2016-10-11
Morristown , NJ

#805 2 years ago

How much wiggle/tilt should there be on the spinning disc?
I just noticed when a ball rolled off and it tilted maybe 3/32 of and inch...

#806 2 years ago

maybe 1/16, hard to say

#807 2 years ago

Putting my Potc back together. Could someone please tell me if the light wires to the Kraken plastic go beneath the play field behind the ship or in the small hole to the left where the opto wires feed through?

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Putting my Potc back together. Could someone please tell me if the light wires to the Kraken plastic go beneath the play field behind the ship or in the small hole to the left where the opto wires feed through?

Left

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#809 2 years ago

Thanks for the pictures!

#810 2 years ago

Do you guys have any strategies recommendations to defeat Davy Jones? I've had the game for a while now and I have yet to do it.

#811 2 years ago

Shout out to happy POTC owners. Here is the trailer to the new POTC movie coming out next year. Looks promising and POTC continues to be a very popular main stream theme.

#812 2 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

Do you guys have any strategies recommendations to defeat Davy Jones? I've had the game for a while now and I have yet to do it.

For me... Stacking with Tortuga Multiball. NOT stacking with Heart Multiball. And of course, doing your best to time the shots when the ship is in place and not raised.

#814 2 years ago

Anyone have the latest code for pirates with the orchestral movie music?

#815 2 years ago

Thanks Maffewl for sending the airball deflector to Australia for me.All fitted,looks great and very happy with gameplay in that area a lot better with the ball not flying around.

#816 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Anyone have the latest code for pirates with the orchestral movie music?

Tell me more

#817 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Agree, check the sail solenoid and/or wire leading up to it. The wire flexes a lot and eventually breaks somewhere along the line. Usually there is no visual evidence that the wire is broken. My sails would work in solenoid test but not during game as the ship is slightly moved when the sails sink during the ship sinking event. Sometimes the wire makes connection with the wire flexed in certain positions, not others.

Thanks guys,

There is an issue with cable and looks like the mini coil also needs to be replaced. One thing I am having a problem is the lights under the cannon plastic above the right flipper flicker and at times they come on when the left flipper is hit. The lights come on when the game turns on but then go off. If anyone has an idea please let me know.

#818 2 years ago

I have a version with the begin and the end music replaced by He's a Pirate from the movie. I have done that with pinbrowser. Easy job to do.

#819 2 years ago
Quoted from marmar:

Thanks guys,
There is an issue with cable and looks like the mini coil also needs to be replaced. One thing I am having a problem is the lights under the cannon plastic above the right flipper flicker and at times they come on when the left flipper is hit. The lights come on when the game turns on but then go off. If anyone has an idea please let me know.

Sounds like a bad contact or broken wire somewhere. Most likely, as the bulbs warm up, heat expansion causes the circuit to be interrupted. The vibration from the flipper is enough to restore contact.

You could try some cold spray once the lights are off, to see if/where they come back on as you cool things down. I'd also go trough the circuit and manually prod/push things around once the lights are off. You might find a spot where you can cause them to come back on that way.

Michi.

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from michi:

Sounds like a bad contact or broken wire somewhere. Most likely, as the bulbs warm up, heat expansion causes the circuit to be interrupted. The vibration from the flipper is enough to restore contact.
You could try some cold spray once the lights are off, to see if/where they come back on as you cool things down. I'd also go trough the circuit and manually prod/push things around once the lights are off. You might find a spot where you can cause them to come back on that way.
Michi.

I agree. Sounds like a bad contact somewhere.

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

For me... Stacking with Tortuga Multiball. NOT stacking with Heart Multiball.

Could you explain why not with Hear Multiball? I thought it wouldn't matter which multiball; the point of either is to take advantage of the ball saver. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Michi.

#822 2 years ago
Quoted from michi:

Could you explain why not with Hear Multiball? I thought it wouldn't matter which multiball; the point of either is to take advantage of the ball saver. What am I missing?
Thanks,
Michi.

My guess is that Heart Multiball is much more difficult to reach and the K-E-Y resets on drains. I'd also venture to say (assuming others machines play similar to mine) that the ball being released from the chest is more drain prone slash difficult to gain control of.

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

My guess is that Heart Multiball is much more difficult to reach and the K-E-Y resets on drains. I'd also venture to say (assuming others machines play similar to mine) that the ball being released from the chest is more drain prone slash difficult to gain control of.

Also, you can use Tortuga to hold balls while shooting Davy Jones. I found it hard to not only hit but also time the shot with multiple balls roaming around the playfield.

#824 2 years ago
Quoted from michi:

Could you explain why not with Hear Multiball?

When battling Davy Jones, the focus is the ship. Rather, during Heart MB, you have to hit the chest. Yes, you get the extra ball-savers etc., but with so many hits required, the split focus/objectives can be a problem. Has been for me anyway. I prefer to focus on one, then the other.

#825 2 years ago

Thanks for the replies. So, assuming Davy Jones is the last thing to complete the compass, I don't think it matters whether I use Heart or Tortuga multiball. Either way, I just shoot at the ship.

Michi.

#826 2 years ago

True. If Davy Jones is all that remains, then any stack will do.

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

True. If Davy Jones is all that remains, then any stack will do.

Right

I'm still wondering about the "Davy Jones rape" that is mentioned in the Papa video. Anyone know what they were referring to?

Cheers,

Michi.

#828 2 years ago

A few more custom mods. Kraken inspired by PiperBoy.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#829 2 years ago

Last one.

image (resized).jpeg

#830 2 years ago

Joined the club today...only mod so far is to light the trough and under the cannon its a red led strip. Let the modding begin!

20161023_155746 (resized).jpg

20161023_155659 (resized).jpg

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

Kraken mod Inspired by Piperboy.

I like your Kraken, where did you get that? I could not find Piperboy on the forum?

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I like your Kraken, where did you get that?

https://media.giphy.com/media/ljaDzjv8cpIpa/giphy.gif

giphy (resized).png

#833 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I like your Kraken, where did you get that? I could not find Piperboy on the forum?

May have changed his name. See this - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-with-custom-mods.

The Kraken mod starts with this.

amazon.com link »

I painted mine camo green (with primer before and clear gloss after) and built a custom frame to hold the tentacles.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#834 2 years ago

Now that i have my own game, can finally show a picture of the lighted treasure chest mod. Available on our site. 10% off for Pinsiders with code PINSIDE, free shipping.

http://lermods.com/t/pirates-of-the-caribbean

Chest1 (resized).JPG

20161024_201917 (resized).jpg

#835 2 years ago

This game offers a lot of modding opportunities. Added a lighted skull to my game. My phone is awful for taking pics with LEDs in them (S7)

20161028_125741 (resized).jpg
20161028_125703 (resized).jpg
20161028_125712 (resized).jpg

#836 2 years ago

more modding...RGB undercab light kit that I tied into the pop bumpers, ship and the spinning disc. When ball hits the pops, it flashes red, when it hits the ship it flashes green, and when it goes on the spinning disc, each time it hits the wall it flashes blue. You can change the colors around if you want, really easy install. One of the more active games to take advantage of undercab lighting

We currently have three of these available at $69 each shipped.

http://lermods.com/products/undercabinet-lighting-kit-universal

#837 2 years ago

Super pumped about the new addition to my PotC. This is the treasure chest made by Lermods. It looks freakin' sweet. Well built, easy to install, and all cords are hidden (as seen in the photos). I'm a happy customer. Thanks Lermods!

Edit: For those that are interested in this mod, the pictures really don't do it justice. It has little "crystals" in it that reflect the light and glitter really well. It definitely grabs your attention.

Lermod Treasure Chest 0 (resized).JPG
Lermod Treasure Chest 1 (resized).JPG
Lermod Treasure Chest Install (resized).JPG

#838 2 years ago

I joined the club today. A minty fresh huo machine still on stock software. I read somewhere that I need an old USB drive to do the update. Is this true? Any help is appreciated.

#839 2 years ago

Welcome to the club! Mine had 1.14 on it when I got it. Backup your code before you upgrade it, you may want to play it someday...

I didn't have any trouble finding a USB drive to update mine. The spec sheet says any USB 1.1 compatible drive will work. That is an old spec but most new drives are probably backwards compatible. I think I used an older, smaller one I had laying around.

#840 2 years ago

How do you back it up?

#841 2 years ago

Just picked up a pirates as well! Has anyone published any revised code with some better music/sounds?

#842 2 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

How do you back it up?

Plug in a USB drive, go to the USB menu, under Utilities and select Backup.

#843 2 years ago

Installed the airball deflector from maffewl this evening. Nice mod. Install was very simple, took me 60 seconds. just remove the screws as shown in the pic, loosen both ramp screws to give yourself more room so you can easily access the left screw, slide the plastic over the existing plastic and reinstall the screws.

Simple, but effective!

20161031_195459 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#844 2 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Wanted to post pics and video of my new topper. Thanks for indulging me
» YouTube video

Anyone got theirs yet?

#845 2 years ago

I should probably scan this thread for an answer, but has anyone published new roms with better custom sound/music? I like the fallouts, but the lack of music and sound effects are really disappointing. Not sure if I'm the only one who thinks that, I would love a more dramatic multi all music or just enteral mode music

#847 2 years ago

Hi all, picked up a flooded (there was mud up to the damn light ballast...) PotC recently and have been fitting it back together slowly... I've got a new compass decal as less than 10% of mine was left, and a new ship plastic, as there was a large hole bashed straight through mine.

I've scraped off what's left of the original compass decal, and then cleaned the metal disk, but I've never applied decals before. Is there any technique, etc to applying it? Should I prepare the disk in a certain way? (sanded rough, or smooth, or?) Has anyone tried putting mylar over their decal to protect it, or would that ruin the grip?

Is there any way to protect my new ship from being beaten through like the old one? It seems weird that the ball actually hits it... Does anyone have a use for my old, beaten one?

Anyone got any spare plastics lying around? A few of mine are broken and they're all really scratched up. (novus didn't do much)

Can someone tell me where the -11 plastic (concave semicircle of blue) goes?

IMG_20161113_211751 (resized).jpg

Long shot, but has anyone ever scanned their cab decals? My cab is currently just black paint

Can't wait to get it all together. I've only played a PotC once in my life, and it was at the local league finals... I didn't know what I was doing but half an hour later I had the compass completed, and couldn't figure out how to start Four Winds before I drained. (the shot is 'award lit compass ARROW', but it's not an arrow! I was quite annoyed when I found out...)

#848 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Can someone tell me where the -11 plastic (concave semicircle of blue) goes?

Not sure what you mean. Do you have a picture? That would help.

Long shot, but has anyone ever scanned their cab decals? My cab is currently just black paint

I don't know of anyone who sells the original decals. Stern might have some? Otherwise, there is an alternative version:
http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/pirates-of-the-caribbean-cabinet-decals-sparrow-edition/

I didn't know what I was doing but half an hour later I had the compass completed, and couldn't figure out how to start Four Winds before I drained. (the shot is 'award lit compass ARROW', but it's not an arrow! I was quite annoyed when I found out...)

If you got to Four Winds the first time you played, you were doing well! I guess it's not obvious without having played a few games that "Awards flashing compass arrow" also refers to the center Four Winds insert…

Michi.

#849 2 years ago
Quoted from michi:

Not sure what you mean. Do you have a picture? That would help.

chrome_2016-11-16_12-18-40 (resized).png

I assume it goes in front of the ship somehow from its placement in the manual, but I have no idea where it would mount. Checked some pictures online but didn't see it anywhere, and afraid to start mounting the main ramp if this needs to go underneath it

Another problem I ran into today: what type of post is the 'cannon' plastic under the shooter ramp mounted with? As far as I can tell it should be angled under the ramp, and I have a hole there for the screw, but not sure what holds the plastic away from the playfield...

#850 2 years ago

The final batch of POTC toppers have shipped today. Thanks to everyone for a great response. We do have two toppers left but when they're gone that's it. -D

image (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, AL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
East Syracuse, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 279.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 279.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2077 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 42.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside