Pinside_forum_7639144_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 76.
#701 7 years ago

There's a lively discussion about ball times and game times over on the LOTR thread. Have you all done anything to make your games harder? I opened up my outlanes and increased the pitch, but POTC was still the bottleneck at my last tournament.

There's nothing inherently wrong with long games, but for a tournament it's better to keep things moving. I probably need to disable the ball save.

#702 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I had a ton of airballs off the green targets when I first got my POTC. All I needed to do was tighten down the target mounting brackets. They were lose allowing the target to lean back causing airballs on the bounce back.

Mine was just completely torn down and restored. There is nary a loose target. They are as tight as tight can be. I have a video of my wife playing where an airball happened (prior to my "mod"), I'll upload it if I can find it.

As for making them to sell, one, I very much appreciate the kind comments, so thank you. Two, I made that out of some spare plexi I had laying around, so let me run to the store and get some idea of cost and look into it. I'll post back here in the next couple days.

#703 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

There's a lively discussion about ball times and game times over on the LOTR thread. Have you all done anything to make your games harder? I opened up my outlanes and increased the pitch, but POTC was still the bottleneck at my last tournament.
There's nothing inherently wrong with long games, but for a tournament it's better to keep things moving. I probably need to disable the ball save.

That's because you gave us advice on how to crush it.

#704 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Have you taken the outlane posts completely out?

Is there a way to disable extra balls?

No ball save timer?

Tighten up the tilt?

#705 7 years ago

Also swampfire... IIRC, your POTC tilt was pretty loose. I remember performing a slide save on my 3rd ball, that I had fully expected would cause a tilt, but it didn't.

#706 7 years ago

Swampfire, also consider disconnecting the post in the ship shot lane. You can reduce its use in the settings but it is always used through the first ship. Eliminating its use will make the ship shot a little more risky.

#707 7 years ago

Where can i find a rule set for this game. I threw a color DMD in mine and I'm bound and determined to get four winds again. (I suck so it could take a bit) . My problem is I cannot complete " All Pirates". This was never an issue before so I'm wondering how its accomplished .

#708 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Where can i find a rule set for this game. I threw a color DMD in mine and I'm bound and determined to get four winds again. (I suck so it could take a bit) . My problem is I cannot complete " All Pirates". This was never an issue before so I'm wondering how its accomplished .

Wassupppp, Skypilot? I put the colordmd in too, and now POTC gets lots of play again. So cool how the display renews interest in the game. Luckily, I suck and the "end" of most games is wishful thinking

#709 7 years ago

All pirates is just the stand ups. -
The pirates are the six green standup targets dotted around the playfield.

Maybe one is not registering?

here is a good rule sheet.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/potc/index7.html

#710 7 years ago

Wow I must be new. I forgot to see if the bulb was working.

#711 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Wow I must be new. I forgot to see if the bulb was working.

I just told you how to complete all pirates.

#712 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just told you how to complete all pirates.

Thanks, I got it now.

#713 7 years ago

Maffewl, do you happen to have Superbands on your flippers? They seem to put an unnatural spin on the ball that causes air balls. I ended up taking mine off and it solved the problem.

#714 7 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

Maffewl, do you happen to have Superbands on your flippers? They seem to put an unnatural spin on the ball that causes air balls. I ended up taking mine off and it solved the problem.

Funny you should mention. I do have SuperBands on them (or the PinballLife equivilant). Have you had any issue with Titan rubber? Thinking about switching to that.

#715 7 years ago

I took my super bands out,strong rebound from green targets,direct to drain,to fast.

#716 7 years ago

What's the going rate in the midwest for a minty HUO PoTC with receipt, no ware on PF or shooter lane, no mods, incandescent. Basically almost NIB I guess?

#717 7 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

What's the going rate in the midwest for a minty HUO PoTC with receipt, no ware on PF or shooter lane, no mods, incandescent. Basically almost NIB I guess?

Without any mods, I'd say it's in the upper 4's to 5k range. If it had been improved any with ColorDMD, mirror blades, LEDs, Backbox lighting, etc... I'd add some value on top.

Edit: I'm speaking from what I've seen around here (the south).

#718 7 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Funny you should mention. I do have SuperBands on them (or the PinballLife equivilant). Have you had any issue with Titan rubber? Thinking about switching to that.

On my POTC I replaced the Superbands with regular flipper rubber. I did put Titan Rubbers on my GOT and they are much better (not as active) than the Superbands. I bet the Titans would help you some.

2 weeks later
#719 7 years ago

What would one expect to pay for a stock POTC (no mods, LEDS, was routed but doesn't show signs of it)?

#720 7 years ago

$4000+

#721 7 years ago

I agree with this as a low end starting point.

#722 7 years ago

Yes I was going to say $4K to $4500 ball.park. UT could be as high as $5K if really mint

#723 7 years ago

The modded one's don't seem to get that much more than above quote.

#724 7 years ago

Thanks for the info guys. My thoughts were right in line with what you guys said. The owner is wanting a few hundred more than I'm willing to pay considering it's bone stock and was routed at one point. I'll continue to keep my eyes peeled!

#725 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

The modded one's don't seem to get that much more than above quote.

Depends on the mods... If ColorDMD and mirrorblades don't fetch much more, I'd just remove/keep them.

#726 7 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Thanks for the info guys. My thoughts were right in line with what you guys said. The owner is wanting a few hundred more than I'm willing to pay considering it's bone stock and was routed at one point. I'll continue to keep my eyes peeled!

From what I'm seeing around here, these are getting tougher to find in great condition. I wouldn't care that it's bone stock or routed. From your original post, it shows no signs of wear which is most important.

#727 7 years ago

Mine came out of Chucky Cheese and had 54,000 plays and original code on it when it arrived. VERY dirty but it cleaned up nicely. The clear coat on the PF looks VERY shiny and I only used Novus 2 (not one of the polish kits) when I shopped it. With a new plastic set and once I polish the PF, you would have a hard time telling it wasn't HUO if it weren't for the shooter lane wear and cabinet wear on the corner of the cabinet near the flipper buttons.

Point being, I wouldn't be afraid of a routed POTC at a good price (south of $4k).

#728 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Point being, I wouldn't be afraid of a routed POTC at a good price (south of $4k).

South of $4k for a machine without wear would be an excellent price. I've yet to see such an opportunity like this anywhere around here.

#729 7 years ago

Noob question. I have owned POTC in the past. Does it have a jackpot call out? I remember it being something like a DMD animation of a wave crashing and a tune would play. If so is this is the only modern pin without the pin saying 'jackpot?'

#730 7 years ago

The wave crashing DMD animation is when you earn bonus multipliers. There is a jackpot callout and basic animation.

#731 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

The wave crashing DMD animation is when you earn bonus multipliers. There is a jackpot callout and basic animation.

This... one way to earn Jackpots is to reach the "E" in H-E-A-R-T from the Chest. Then collect at the flashing Pirate arrows.

#732 7 years ago

Just got a beautiful potc today.

Clearcoated playfied, weir Pinball mod etc.
I used my warhammer paints and fixed up the flying Dutchman a bit.

Great game, so happy I finally got one.

IMG_20160618_225320317_(resized).jpgIMG_20160618_225320317_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160618_225334581_(resized).jpgIMG_20160618_225334581_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160618_225344322_(resized).jpgIMG_20160618_225344322_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160618_225403688_(resized).jpgIMG_20160618_225403688_(resized).jpg

#733 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Just got a beautiful potc today.
Clearcoated playfied, weir Pinball mod etc.
I used my warhammer paints and fixed up the flying Dutchman a bit.
Great game, so happy I finally got one.

That's awesome erak... Looks great! mirrors mirrors mirrors???

#734 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstronomy:

That's awesome erak... Looks great! mirrors mirrors mirrors???

Yup. Just ordered target decals. Some back alley mods and gonna order gold blades this week.

#735 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Yup. Just ordered target decals. Some back alley mods and gonna order gold blades this week.

Your game looks great. The back alley mods definitely kick this games beauty up another notch.

#736 7 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

+1 /\
I
I
I am sure I can cut one myself but I like your design and since you came up with it I would like to reasonably pay for you to share your idea.

Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Nice solution. Simple and elegant. Any chance you will sell these? If so I'll take one.

Hey Maffewl...can i PM you if your gonna do those ball deflector plastics...i think a few would be interested. Looks Awsome!

#737 7 years ago

Hey Pinstonomy. I'll need to look into what it will cost me to create these. I apologize that I haven't done so yet, life gets in the way of fun sometimes.

#738 7 years ago

No probz man. Cheers

#739 7 years ago

Has anyone heard from Matt @ BA, regarding the Kraken mod he mentioned in this thread over a year ago?

#740 7 years ago

I am still holding my breath hoping for a kraken mod!

#741 7 years ago

Just ordered back alley cannons L,R. Decks
Etc today.

I found the pinbrowser movie music online. But changed some other tunes that I think make it better. And I stole the Klingon "jacpot" from ST and added it to the jackpots on potc.
Now it screams jackpot at you with cannon noises. Rather than the bland fireworks.

And added movie Tortuga music. Also changed the yo-ho jig music to Davie Jones organ movie music.

Game over music too.

Such a great pin. Under rated for sure.

#742 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Etc today.
I found the pinbrowser movie music online. But changed some other tunes that I think make it better. And I stole the Klingon "jacpot" from ST and added it to the jackpots on potc.
Now it screams jackpot at you with cannon noises. Rather than the bland fireworks.
And added movie Tortuga music. Also changed the yo-ho jig music to Davie Jones organ movie music.
Game over music too.

Sounds very cool, any chance of a video? Would love to see the Davey Jones music in play & the difference the jackpot callouts make and how well intergrate as that's a brilliant idea!

#743 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Etc today.
Game over music too.

or a share of the file so we can install that our self?

#744 7 years ago

How do you get the Light Special compass award to light up?
Seems like I never get that one lit - even in games where I get a special awarded to me...
Help me Pinsiders!!!

#745 7 years ago

Each of the 4 compass awards becomes available after completing the objectives on each side of it. For "Light Special" (East) that's Defeat Davy Jones and Heart Super Jackpot. So yeah, it gets lit the least.

#746 7 years ago

Ok that explains it as I damn near never have both of those completed in the same game!! I love pinball but suck at it...

1 week later
#747 7 years ago

Got my Mirror blades today and some led stuff from cointaker.

Just need my backalley mods to show up.
Such a great game.
And great looking.

IMG_20160704_202521033_(resized).jpgIMG_20160704_202521033_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160704_145019090_(resized).jpgIMG_20160704_145019090_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160704_202541573_(resized).jpgIMG_20160704_202541573_(resized).jpg

#748 7 years ago

Those blades look good. Which ones did you use? If you do the shaker motor kit use the AFM one I used the STTNG one and if you hit the ship too soon between shots it doesn't shake. But still very very cool.

#749 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Those blades look good. Which ones did you use? If you do the shaker motor kit use the AFM one I used the STTNG one and if you hit the ship too soon between shots it doesn't shake. But still very very cool.

I got the standard mirrors from cointaker. I also got cointaker popbumper leds that light the cap and skirt.

And added a green led strip that plugs into the socket behind the kraken.

I'm not too interested in the shaker since it isn't coded into the software.
I may do it eventually but I don't think it's really adds enough to the game to warrant a shaker.

I'm looking forward to the new movie as toys r us will have all sorts of stuff to turn into mods.

#750 7 years ago

I may be in the minority here, but I'm really digging the stock incandescent look. That's coming from someone who's led'd a bunch of machines. I can't seem to bring myself to do it to this one...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.