• I wish I were a Pirate 59 votes
    22%
  • I have no interest in Pirates 18 votes
    7%
  • I was a Pirate in the past but not at present. 34 votes
    13%

(269 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 538 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

440F3638-F6E3-4D39-B4E5-4D2DE82B4B79 (resized).jpeg
2536201C-37D9-4A31-B2D3-9440B68E1A95 (resized).jpeg
20191005_112038 (resized).jpg
20191003_095227-1 (resized).jpg
20190930_040230263_iOS (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190907_120030 (resized).jpg
d4c4e123a6199bebcad89fae14e76ef4bbbf5ac5.jpeg (resized).jpg
20190721_222629 (resized).jpg
3F8F6250-7F89-4BFC-A331-510B3BEBCE64 (resized).jpeg
34738051-E7E9-4852-9083-60C06C14A76B (resized).jpeg
3A49C455-B236-44DD-8621-2909E5A15B1A (resized).jpeg
BB2FA250-3C91-423A-BE8A-70DF8BF0E398 (resized).jpeg
AC6BF11A-07BF-4BAC-9117-13560AAB23D7 (resized).jpeg
07DF6233-59CE-49A9-83FC-AB23A4C0F118 (resized).jpeg
E64C0B43-F05B-4D8C-8829-E6364CDF81A6 (resized).jpeg

There are 2165 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 44.
#501 3 years ago

#501 baby. It's nice to to see the POTC club building a base.

#502 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

#501 baby. It's nice to to see the POTC club building a base.

I like quality over quantity

#503 3 years ago

After installing two new flippers my test game was awesome. 435k but no four winds. Just can't get the heart super ball, i get the multiball Rolling and try to shoot the chest 5 more times. I had it together with tortuga and davey Jones multiball so plenty of shots, but for some reason as you come down to your final ball the heart multiball quits, so many grrrr....
Epic game however with all those balls flying around and davey jones on his organ.

Other question....when installing new flippers, I locked them really thighs, broke my made in China tool, but sometimes one just seems loose and the angle changes, any tips on that?

#504 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

After installing two new flippers my test game was awesome. 435k but no four winds. Just can't get the heart super ball, i get the multiball Rolling and try to shoot the chest 5 more times. I had it together with tortuga and davey Jones multiball so plenty of shots, but for some reason as you come down to your final ball the heart multiball quits, so many grrrr....
Epic game however with all those balls flying around and davey jones on his organ.
Other question....when installing new flippers, I locked them really thighs, broke my made in China tool, but sometimes one just seems loose and the angle changes, any tips on that?

Gotta tighten more, or replace that piece that wraps around the flipper bat. If it is used, it may not tighten enough around it no matter how tight that bolt is.

#505 3 years ago

The flipper bat may be stripped too, and might need replacing.

#506 3 years ago

The part the grabs the shaft is the prawl. I have had a hairline crack in one (on my Creech) that you could play a dozen games no problem then all of the sudden slip. After a half dozen times of cranking it down I finally disassembled and examined close finding the crack on the top hidden against the playfield.

So crank it down hard. But if it keeps happening take it apart and examine for worn or cracked parts.

#507 3 years ago

Sounds like color DMD on the horizon

#508 3 years ago

Prawn...that's what I said!

prawn-image_(resized).jpg

#509 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Oh man, I hope so. Credible evidence?

#510 3 years ago

My son ordered crab legs last week, and all I could think of was POTC mods.

image_(resized).jpg

#511 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Last clue on FB a bit ago

#512 3 years ago

Oh yeah...

NotRalph_(resized).PNG

#513 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I have seen a color screen in a potc before. Thought that was a colordmd.

I checked - is the work of Sironzelot from Germany - see other thread - POTC SMART DMD
I guess it runs on the same hardware.

#514 3 years ago

Has anyone been tempted to build a complete collection of Pirate-themed DMDs? It's just POTC, Hook and Black Rose, to my knowledge.

#515 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Has anyone been tempted to build a complete collection of Pirate-themed DMDs? It's just POTC, Hook and Black Rose, to my knowledge.

No on purpose, but I'm forming an ocean/water theme with POTC and Baywatch. I'd like to add a WhiteWater to that list. Again, not tyring to keep a theme, but it seems inevitable. Now bring me that horizon.

#516 3 years ago

Email from ColorDMD has come out. This club is now officially in color. Congratulations Jeff.

#517 3 years ago

Just purchased mine. So stoked!

#518 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I have seen a color screen in a potc before. Thought that was a colordmd.
I checked - is the work of Sironzelot from Germany - see other thread - POTC SMART DMD
I guess it runs on the same hardware.

Nope. Not the same hardware.

#519 3 years ago

So psyched for colordmd, it was my last modern game without one

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

A flipper rebuild kit is not very expensive and has all the parts you need to make your flippers like new. The flipper travel increases as they wear out causing the need for the EOS switch adjustment. Only takes about an hour to rebuild flippers once you've done it a few times.

No it does not. He needs to buy flipper bushings, flipper bats (they can develop cracks which affect how the energy travels to the ball), and the rubber stoppers.

#521 3 years ago

For those who haven't seen the ColorDMD announcement thread... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-aargh-game-36-be-ere

#522 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Nope. Not the same hardware.

Yep, I checked the smart did thread, seems interesting, price is much better but you have to do a lot yourself. Still wondering what to do....

#523 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Nope, didn't try but I have a good movie collection with POTC, IJ, TRON, SM and CFTBL, and a T2 ready to be build.

#524 3 years ago

I unintentionally built a movie collection too: IM, LOTR, POTC, Congo, JM, DH. My only non-movie DMD is MET.

#525 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Email from ColorDMD has come out. This club is now officially in color. Congratulations Jeff.

Thanks Dave!
Anybody going to Texas Pinball Festival can see it in person !

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#526 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Yep, I checked the smart did thread, seems interesting, price is much better but you have to do a lot yourself. Still wondering what to do....

Now that ColorDMD is available for POTC, just spend the extra money and buy it.

So much easier than buying all the pieces, assembling, etc...

Just my opinion, but personally, I like plug-n-play.

#527 3 years ago

Had a 190M game last night on factory settings (3 ball). I had everything but Davey Jones. Fought him 3 times, but I couldn't pull it off. I need to practice taking him out so I'm ready next time. I haven't found the Heart SJP difficult to get, but I may just be lucky there.

#528 3 years ago

It's great to see that colordmd has now released LED displays. Are those who ordered for POTC getting them?

#529 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

It's great to see that colordmd has now released LED displays. Are those who ordered for POTC getting them?

I think they are being show at TPF for the first time as a way to show what they are doing. But I do not think they are available to buy yet. They would need to change the website to make ordering clear.

#530 3 years ago

Someone get a video posted...I want to see this before 5PM Friday.

#531 3 years ago

Sweet one more color dmd off the list. 5 more to go.

#532 3 years ago

A little help requested from fellow Pirates...

I'm in the process of tearing down and rebuilding my PotC. I've noticed that the backbox lighting has been spliced together with household wire nuts. I'm assuming this isn't how it came from Stern. Can someone tell me the connection to make from the cabinet to the backbox and then in what order/where each light is connected (I'm assuming they should be chained). Pictures would be even more superb. Thanks in advance!

#533 3 years ago

Buy or build your own LED light board and get rid of the fluorescent light.

Flipper Fidelity makes a really nice color changing light board.

#534 3 years ago
Quoted from Starwriter:

Buy or build your own LED light board and get rid of the fluorescent light.
Flipper Fidelity makes a really nice color changing light board.

I saw that as an option, but am currently into this machine more than I care to be. That said, I'd rather re-connect the Stern lighting in the manner it was designed.

#535 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Someone get a video posted...I want to see this before 5PM Friday.

Not going to make that, sorry. Mine is "out for delivery" though!!!!

#536 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just discovered another pirate pin - Jolly Roger from Williams. Maybe there are more pirate themed pins?

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I just discovered another pirate pin - Jolly Roger from Williams. Maybe there are more pirate themed pins?

There are a few more, but his original post was for a Pirate themed collection of "DMD" games.

With EM games there is also Pirate Gold, Buccaneer, Captain Hook, Captain Kid, High Seas, Ship Ahoy . . . .

#538 3 years ago

Yeah, you could definitely build a nice big collection of EM, SS and DMD pirate pins.

#539 3 years ago

What is your pitch?

I recently moved most of mine machines around to try and fit another piece and when I did I put the bubble on the pitch level in the middle. Good grief, either my level is off or this thing is at an amazing pitch. I have to be honest though, my POTC is a whole new game...and I like it! Definitely plays faster and I don't seem to get as many stray bumps that kind of lollygag down the drain. I am interested in what everyone else is doing and how their POTC is set up.

Oh, and my first colorDMD is awesome. I can't wait for the firmware to be released!

#540 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

There are a few more, but his original post was for a Pirate themed collection of "DMD" games.
With EM games there is also Pirate Gold, Buccaneer, Captain Hook, Captain Kid, High Seas, Ship Ahoy . . . .

I see you are a sailor

#541 3 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Oh, and my first colorDMD is awesome. I can't wait for the firmware to be released!

Good decision on ordering a ColorDMD!
The preview video is out there now

#542 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Thanks Dave!
Anybody going to Texas Pinball Festival can see it in person !

Unfortunately for me your POTC was sitting in the Back Alley booth area and now my wife's wants her POTC modded with a bunch of his stuff and the ColorDMD ... so much for MY machines

but seriously, that was a great looking machine

#543 3 years ago

How much longer till the color dmd firmware comes out?????

#544 3 years ago

Thought I heard Friday.

#545 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

How much longer till the color dmd firmware comes out?????

The goal is Friday - I'm cleaning up some minor coloring now. Thanks for the interest!

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

Unfortunately for me your POTC was sitting in the Back Alley booth area and now my wife's wants her POTC modded with a bunch of his stuff and the ColorDMD ... so much for MY machines

Seems like this is a trend... I've met a couple POTC owners saying this is their wife's favorite pin.

My POTC is my wife's pin... according to her

It has the Back Alley mods, gold armor (I guess you'd call it that) and a ColorDMD. Wife will never part with it.

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

Would love to see pictures of this machine...

#548 3 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I've met a couple POTC owners saying this is their wife's favorite pin.

Maybe that giant picture of Johnny staring at them has something to do with it

#549 3 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Would love to see pictures of this machine...

The one shown a couple of posts up was the one I saw at TPF. I didn't take any but it looks even better in person (hard to see all the mods in that pic)

#550 3 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

The one shown a couple of posts up was the one I saw at TPF. I didn't take any but it looks even better in person (hard to see all the mods in that pic)

I like the missing chest mod

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, TN
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burnsville, MN
Machine - For Sale
Nanuet, NY
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 2165 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 44.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside