(Topic ID: 169777)

Dead Flip turns 2 today. Thank you so much for all your support.

By DeadFlip

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by desertT1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

houdini.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeadFlip.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Today marks the anniversary of a journey I embarked on, 2 years ago. Inspired by PAPA I cobbled together some crappy webcams and ran them through defunct mac software.

Streaming on a mac at the time was not a thing and turned out to be quite a hurdle. The first game we streamed was a donated Tron from our good friend Gavin Miller.

Month to month we upgraded and tweaked the stream to get it to where it is today, and we're still working on it.
    Our first big break was at the Chicago Pinball Expo where The Walking Dead was being revealed. Jody saw me sitting in the lobby with all my duck taped and cobbled together gear and asked if I wanted to stream the launch party.

Since then, I've been invited out to show off new machines before release from many manufacturers, asked to host tournaments and parties, and now asked to run a whole pinball area at a major convention for twitch.

Pinball was not a recognized category on Twitch until I worked with them on adding it to the database and designing a look for it. Now there are close to a hundred pinball streamers on Twitch (people that have streamed it at least once) and I couldn't be more excited!

This has all been an amazing trip and I can't thank you folks enough for all your love and support. Here's to many more years to come!
    Love,

Jack Danger
    Twitch.tv/Dead_Flip
    Deadflip.com/tutorials

Huge thanks to all my supporters and @Twitch for changing my life. ❤️

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeadFlip.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-flip-turns-2-today-thank-you-so-much-for-all-your-support?tu=DeadFlip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.