Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinsiders_(resized).jpg
Screen_Shot_2016-05-04_at_6.43.42_PM_(resized).png
Stern-GhostbustersPro-Details-03_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
keep-calm-because-today-s-the-day_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

As you can tell from my avatar, I've been patiently awaiting a gameplay video of this thing

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Thought your inside source said the 16th?

That's when the game goes into production. What does this have to do with that? Want the inside source? Call Stern's main number, hit 0, and ask for Jim Belt. He'll tell you the same thing

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Sorry meant the 11th

All he said is there would be a video by the 11th, maybe they bumped it up sooner because of the obvious ruckus that has been going on, either way, I guess it's coming soon.

Which id like to know where the official Dead Flip announcement is posted about the 4th? Can't seem to find it on his Twitter, FB, or Twitch page- so I was wondering where this info came from?

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

Watch the VOD of his short stream from yesterday. It came straight from Jody.

Yeah I ended up catching it yesterday around the 14:00 mark its mentioned- stoked!

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

And watch the world end in horror the first game when the magna slings throw the ball SDTM. The space time continuum will be interrupted and every pinhead will switch to a GB Pro.

If mag slings sent a ball SDTM, I cant tell you how disappointed and pissed i'll be. One thing normal slingshots never do, is throw a ball down the middle. Throw it in an outlane? Yeah... but never down the middle.. that would piss me off like no other.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

On a scale of 1 to 10 how pissed will you be?

11. I would look like your avatar

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I hear you, just thought they'd want to make a first great impression with the sound that's all.

Agreed, if you want to be taken seriously as an online streamer of anything, at least get the audio right. It was pretty bad.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

Well, these are no normal slingshots, so why should they behave the same? (from a philosophical and not technical point of view)
Maybe the manga slings will be less prone to outlane drains and if these are "compensated" with center drains, then I'm OK with it.
I only care for the total number of drains I can expect from slingshot action.
And for the sake of this supposedly already hard pin, I hope to see lower numbers than with regular slingshots.

The center drains are already insane as reported by those who posted audit results- lots of shots end up with SDTMs.. we definitely don't need magnets in the slingshot position throwing another un-savable SDTM shot on us. Then again we'll see tonight on the stream include of drawing conclusions now I guess

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Maybe the magna slings will draw balls away from SDTM drains.

Maybe during multiball as the slings switches need to be hit first to energize the magnets. A ball headed SDTM and not turning on the slings wont do much - maybe have something in the code that when the Ghost standup target is hit, and the ball starts its quick trip to the center drain as it does on the Pro- energize/pulse magnets for 2 seconds? That would be fun

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why would the switch be activated anyway with the ball going down the middle. Whether or not the switch is physical or proxy style. They are not going to put the switch anywhere near the middle of the playfield. The magnets will not activate unless the the ball goes over or activates a switch. Which is only going to be along the rubber of the slingshot.

Yes exactly.. BUT.. the magnets can be turned on it code, and not just switches if they want is my point.

They could code in magnet pulses at the slings after a hit is registered on the Ghost target, which could prevent an SDTM as the magnets could 'catch' the ball on the way down. I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from D_Graunch:

Is Jack Danger a website?

Basically if you go into any hip/cool/trendy craft brewery and/or pub, look around at the male patrons and you will see what a "Jack Danger" is

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Hope they switch up the cameras, and instead of having the camera face the player, they have it pointed at the slings so that you can see them better than just the overhead shot. Things get pretty small on a small screen.

Although I like Dead Flip's streams, he typically has a crappy top down shot of the playfield and a big video feed of his mug instead on the screen- I think it would be best to shrink the selfie video feed, and have two angles of gameplay instead

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I get why he does it that way. It's really the best way to show the entire playfield without having to having it landscape view and make you rotate your monitor physically 90 degrees. So the rest of the space it just wasted, which is why he adds the selfie video and the graphics in the other space. But it is overwhelming and and takes away from the details of the playfield. So at least for this, where everyone wants to know exactly how they work, I'd like to see him sacrifice the selfie, and point the camera at the slings.

He needs to do it like the Canadian guys did it, then he can put his HipsterCam® right where the logo is for "The Canadian Arcade" - then his stream would be great, like this:

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So I heard there are some people impersonating Pinside users on the stream and acting like jerks, wow lol. That's sad.

Yep, someone was on there as me too.. not cool at all..

#151 7 years ago

Although you cant really make out the hologram/ecto goggles, this game looks awesome. The roaming slimmer is so much better then the "tea bagging" version on the Pro, the subway lock looks cool, and the magnaslings work much better then I was expecting, and tone down the craziness you see in the Pro version.

Also, the left ramp looks awesome and it does appear the right ramp is easier to hit- but I could be wrong on that. Looks like a great game and the flipper gap doesn't look nearly as bad of a disadvantage on this version.

Cant wait for my LE

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

It is my opinion that the slings are fine. Sling on you crazy mags.

The magnet slings are a total success in my opinion! From how they light up when activated, to the sounds they make and how they work- I'm super impressed. I just watched JD hit a killer game and the right sling even flicked the ball into the scoop to get an extra ball.

No doubt the features on the Prem/LE significantly enhance the gameplay on this machine. Very very happy with my purchase right now.

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It didn't to me but like you its hard to tell. I think it's exactly the same on the bottom isn't it? Like opening wise?

It kind of reminds me of trying to hit the Galactic Away Teams shot (when holding up the 3rd flipper) on my ST LE. Very hard, but feels great when you finally land it cleanly.

Quoted from o-din:

Nice to see it has some big outlane drains. Those that were frightened of the magna slings should be happy they don't kick over there.

Makes me think they really did design those outlanes for the mag slings- because it looks very balanced now, and the Pro slings are very brutal with those outlanes

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You seem to be continually blinded by your hypeboyness... It is a complete gimmick using technology from over 20 years ago (maybe 30?).
Gimmick: a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.

What were you expecting the goggles to do? Have some type of hologram pop out of the screen and blow a kiss to you? It is everything I expected from it, and what Stern made it out to be. I like the idea of adding some cool flare to the shot, and it is very unique and refreshing to see them try something like this in a pinball machine, as recent ones haven't implemented anything like this. This is better then the WOZ crystal ball as the image is interactive and not just a secondary informative display, which the WOZ one really never gets noticed during gameplay.

I know GB didn't come with a color LCD screen, but seeing Jackpots, ghosts, etc in the ecto goggles in full color is awesome and you don't even need to take your eyes off the gameplay to see some of the info.

The gameplay yesterday made it clear why the Premium is called "Premium" and it commands a higher price, because its the complete game and you get your money's worth over the pro version, period.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

15,699 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-flip-streaming-ghost-busters-le?tu=kpg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.