Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinsiders_(resized).jpg
Screen_Shot_2016-05-04_at_6.43.42_PM_(resized).png
Stern-GhostbustersPro-Details-03_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
keep-calm-because-today-s-the-day_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looking forward to seeing the premium / LE in action.
Whats our guesses on how the Slimer toy moves on the premium / LE? I'll guess it moves to 3 different shots on the playfield, possibly 4 if it can reach the left orbit.

i think it's going to move telescopicly and move down between the flippers and move back and forth across your flippers, like someone teabagging your flippers.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Maybe during multiball as the slings switches need to be hit first to energize the magnets. A ball headed SDTM and not turning on the slings wont do much - maybe have something in the code that when the Ghost standup target is hit, and the ball starts its quick trip to the center drain as it does on the Pro- energize/pulse magnets for 2 seconds? That would be fun

why would the switch be activated anyway with the ball going down the middle. Whether or not the switch is physical or proxy style. They are not going to put the switch anywhere near the middle of the playfield. The magnets will not activate unless the the ball goes over or activates a switch. Which is only going to be along the rubber of the slingshot.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yes exactly.. BUT.. the magnets can be turned on it code, and not just switches if they want is my point.
They could code in magnet pulses at the slings after a hit is registered on the Ghost target, which could prevent an SDTM as the magnets could 'catch' the ball on the way down. I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

you still have to have a switch to tell the code the ball is anywhere near there.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

What if an inlane and then a flipper flip activities them and they grab the ball preventing a shot? That would be interesting.

it couldnt'. The magnets are not close enough to the flipper for that to happen. If you are unsure about the radius these can effect. Look at the TZ mini playfield. The black circle is the core. The red and white circles are your active region. Where the ball is in the red and white circles, will pull the ball towards the black circle in the center. If the ball is on the black circle. The ball will just stop and drop.

#186 7 years ago

overalll it was a great demonstration. Would have like to see the googles better without the playfield glass glare, but i could see enough to know what's going on. Still dont' know what angles it still looks good on tho. Slings act exactly like I pictured them to. But they are leaf switch driven, and not proxy like I would have thought.

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I expected the goggles to do pretty much what they seem to do, take the pin2K tech and shrink it down. Unfortunately that is not really a hologram like we see in the films. Kind of a cheap looking gimmick on video, but hopefully better in person (guessing it will be cooler in a pitch black room but that is not how the majority of pinball is played in most places). I think the goggles are a "ok that is neat" sort of thing for the first time you see it but not much besides that.

At this point I dont really see much value in the premium. Subway ramp is neat but nothing amazing. Right hand ramp change will help fro flow of game but also has 1 return option versus the 2 options on the Pro ramp. Goggles are not worth anyhting IMO. Mangaslings are not very good from watching the video. Slimer movement is preferred on the Pro as I thought he would go up/down and side to side on the premium but seems it is just side to side. Am I missing anything else that is supposed to have percieved value? From playing the Pro quite a bit, I am definately excited to play a Prem/LE model but based on video alone, I am less than impressed. To me it seems yet again, the pro is the better model to play and for the price.

it's definitely a game where you get a lot for your money with the pro version as well. This is one of those games , where you won't lose a whole hell of a lot by going pro. as most games.

#226 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I've watched the video twice now, just not into the game.

yea, but you can't really say, without playing it. Nobody can tell any game by watching a video of it. Nor can anyone judge a game by playing 1 or 2 games on it. Really have to play around 20-50 games to really know your thoughts. Some games reel you in. Some games you like at first and tire of them quickly. Just never know. And theme really doesn't mean shit. There are so many themes I thought i'd like and don't. like, IJ (either version), FGY/shrek, and others where the theme I think is something I would never care to have, but the game comes out awesome. Like MET, or I500.

#230 7 years ago

that reminds me, ever play the game Lemmings? It's a really fun game. Played it on super nintendo back in the day.

pinsiders_(resized).jpgpinsiders_(resized).jpg

#235 7 years ago

yes it's a really old game that has been done on lots of systems. My first encounter was super nintendo. But it was super fun.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-flip-streaming-ghost-busters-le?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.